PDA

View Full Version : Should I do this?

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 01:34 AM
I don't know what to do. From the previous sale in November and the one before Xmas I've nearly got 2000 gold, if I was to buy a little more today with a little of my Xmas money I could buy the diamond.

Now here's my problem, I've been trying for a diamond on and off since I've started the game and I've had no luck, im level 54, do I waste my gold on breeding, I'm currently breeding mist and life or do I buy one.

I don't want to feel I've wasted my gold and at the same time I would have loved to had that amazing feeling of having breed one and I would kind of feel I've *****ed.

Now if I do buy one do my chances of getting another ultra rare go back to zero.

What would you do if you had enough gold.

Baraze
12-26-12, 01:57 AM
I want to buy gold since its on sale too. I thought I would get one if I ever had enough gold, but I think ill preserve it and not speed breed or evolve any worthless long taking dragons (cough, fruitful, cough).

Since you're an established player you have to ask yourself, do you play for the thrill of trying for the diamond itself, or you want the bragging rights of having one on your island NOW.

Can I ask, have you ever used gold to buy coins? I need to expand ASAP and can't earn enough on my own with trying to make food to evolve.

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 02:01 AM
No, I've never had to buy coins with gold, I patiently save up, someone told me when I started its slow going at first but you get there'd in the end.

I'd love to be able to brag, your right about that if I breed one, but if I did buy one I'd be completely honest with people, I've got lots of other dragons to brag about if I wanted too, lol.

vanillaheaven
12-26-12, 02:13 AM
Now if I do buy one do my chances of getting another ultra rare go back to zero.

Huh? Why would they go back to zero? Maybe I've missed something, but I didn't know that you could only get one ultra rare every _____ months or something....

Other than that, if the one thing that's holding you back is the "*****ing" aspect, I say don't worry about that. I mean, you can still breed an Infinity naturally :D plus, some of the diamond hybrids like mercury and Anubis (fail time = LONG) aren't all that easy to get... I mean, getting my Anubis really tested my patience.

Personally, I wouldn't have bought gold to get a diamond, because, well, I'm not exactly old enough to have started earning my own money, and I feel bad using someone else's. :) I think I got my diamond when I was level 70, and it was THE most random thing ever. I got it with Firestorm x Island, which I'd always considered the most boring combination for diamond :p oh well.

So yeah. If you're only worried about "*****ing", then go for it :) it's not *****ing. It's supporting TL :D good luck with making the decision ~~~~~

Baraze
12-26-12, 02:22 AM
No, I've never had to buy coins with gold, I patiently save up, someone told me when I started its slow going at first but you get there'd in the end.

I'd love to be able to brag, your right about that if I breed one, but if I did buy one I'd be completely honest with people, I've got lots of other dragons to brag about if I wanted too, lol.

I'm on level 45 and have had to sell off a lot of rares and super rares for not having any space left. Due to the cost of clearing foliage costing so much. I've seen islands with multiple diamons. People are still in awe because its not often you can find one. Like Vanilla said, you could still try hard for the other diamond hybrids. Personally I'm trying for infinity. I've spent over 600 gold rushing breeding trying for Tusker and laser light. I've just bought some gold, ill figure out what's a good idea when getting my 40th love dragon annoys me. Let us know if you get it or not!

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 02:32 AM
Vanilla heaven - about the chances of getting an ultra rare going back to zero.

It was only my theory about the game, I wondered if my chances were higher now as I've been breeding lots and lots and lots........and then if I bought an ultra rare, do I start all over again, sorry if I've not explained myself properly, hope you understand what I'm getting at. I'm no expert about the game,lol.

Sefyre
12-26-12, 02:49 AM
In my honest opinion, it's only '*****ing' if you show off an island full of Diamond Dragons and claimed you bred each and every one of them. And even then, it isn't *****ing; that's just lying.

Have fun with your game! :) If buying a Diamond will make you happy, then why not go for it? Different people play this game (and other games) for different reasons after all.

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 03:12 AM
Sefyre yep, it would make be very happy, I just don't think I'd get that OMG feeling from breeding one.

Nefertekas
12-26-12, 04:10 AM
I'd keep my gold. You already bought it so you already helped out TL. I'd use it to speed breedings. Perhaps get a third nest in that case. It wouldn't feel the same, buying one versus breeding one... I am still waiting for mine ;) level 91 here!

luv2wander
12-26-12, 04:38 AM
Your chances of breeding are the same every time. They do not get better every time you breed. It is like flipping a coin. Every time time you flip there is a 50% chance of heads. Even if you flipped 10 tails in a row on your next flip you still only have a 50% chance of getting a head.

wassupbaby
12-26-12, 05:38 AM
I suggest buying it if you had all other dragons. Otherwise i'd use it to speed breeding any may get a new dragon for the collection. ;))

Candy3030
12-26-12, 11:21 AM
Honestly. I would definatly buy the diamond if I had enough gold... Im at level 94 and still no diamond. Ive tried 1millon times if not more. I figure, whats the point of waisting your gold on speed breeding for the diamond when u can buy it....
Of course a second den is well worth it, but if you have enough, the diamond would be MY choice.
Only my opinion.....

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice, I bought a iTunes gift card today to be able to purchase the few extra gold to be able to do this and it's really annoying when I scratched of the back most of the letters came off and the label won't peel away properly. I'm sure if I ring iTunes support tomorrow if I give them the receipt no they will be able to give me the activation code, the only annoying thing is, I miss out on the gold sale, really frustrating.

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 11:51 AM
And yes candy I agree, why waste money on speeding up breedings when I most properly will never get it, I think I would regret it if I've got to a really high level and all my gold was gone and still no diamond, ill post here later and let everyone know if I bought one or not.

emergRN
12-26-12, 01:21 PM
Suzy, i just bred my diamond (randomly and totally out of nowhere) i think i am level 40 something. i got an awesome feeling when i saw 44hrs. i immediately went to check the egg chart to see if it could be something else that had a ridiculous breed time. and then, when i went to sleep that night, i was awake in bed doing my happy dance. i even dreamed about my baby diamond LOL! it was like it was my birthday! lol i wouldn't trade that feeling for very much.
i used familiar and seabreeze.
buying a diamond is in no way *****ing. it might ***** you out of doing your happy dance in bed while your significant other stares at you wondering if he should have you commited LOL
whatever you choose, know that eventually you will get your diamond...bred or bought :-)
but that is just my opinion :-)

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 02:02 PM
foxxiegirl originally posted in the diamond x infinity thread
I breed my Diamond vs Diamond and Infinity vs Infinity or 1 of each all the time. I tend to get another Diamond or Infinity after about 30 breeds. That's how i got all my extras of each because i only had the 1 Diamond then i got my Infinity and then the party started.

I found this on another thread, useful to know, suzysuzy35.

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 02:30 PM
Well I bought one and I have to say I'm a very happy girl.x

SamKanj
12-26-12, 03:03 PM
Well I bought one and I have to say I'm a very happy girl.x

I just visited your island, and how sweet is that egg :)
Congratulations, and wish you a good luck getting the Diamond hybrids.

foxxiegirl
12-26-12, 03:21 PM
I personally never buy Dragons, but as with anything else it's your money/gold to spend as you wish so....if it made you happy then Congrats :)

habibass
12-26-12, 05:04 PM
Personally, I prefer spending gold for speeding up breeding, because:
1) if i used 2000 gold for buying a diamond dragon, i would only get a diamond dragon. If i used 2000 gold for speeding up breeding, I would be able to get many dragons that I need for my album collection and a chance to get a diamond.
2) my personal goal here is to collect all types of dragons and I would really feel like *****ing if i started buying them for gold. It would **** all the fun because there wont be any excitement that i feel when i breed a dragon that i really wanted.

But then again, its just my personal opinion.

GDude118
12-26-12, 06:09 PM
Congrats on getting the gold to buy a diamond! I just got the gold to buy one myself. Saved up gold gifts from neighbors for months and downloaded all the games when challenges poped up so I could buy one if I never managed to bread one in that time.

No one should be ashamed to buy a dragon. Thats what the option is there for after all. It's just a way to get any dragons that you just can't seem to breed.(And who hasn't had that problem)

I, personally don't use gold to speed up breeds. You could use 1,000 gold speeding up and never get the dragon you want.

magzlitex777
12-26-12, 06:35 PM
Sefyre yep, it would make be very happy, I just don't think I'd get that OMG feeling from breeding one.

You wouldn't get that feeling because you had bought it and then think of how you'd feel if you bought one and then ended up breeding one shortly after buying it. It took me a while to breed mine and when I did I was crazy ecstatic about it. I bred my charm with my fairy both epic. I'm still working on the infinity.

sweetstuff525
12-26-12, 06:44 PM
Congrats on you diamond

I jus got mine 2 min ago with tusker and fairy
Diamond hybrids here I come. Lol well in 44 hrs anyways

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 11:21 PM
Like a lot of people say, it's my gold to use how I want and it's my game to play how I want. I did try breeding for a diamond, I've tried and tried and I've never got one and I have been playing for a while. I'm still unbelievably happy, it's certainly has not taken the fun out of the game for me, I was not prepared to speed up breeding and waste this gold from the sale only to never get it and be back to square one, still wanting my diamond dragon.

If I was to another one shortly after purchasing one here I would be over the moon, I would not think I'd wasted the gold on my purchase, I'd just be vey happy to have too.

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 11:22 PM
Sorry that was if I was to get another by breeding one.

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 11:22 PM
That's would be happy to have two, one bought and one breed.

Candy3030
12-26-12, 11:32 PM
Like a lot of people say, it's my gold to use how I want and it's my game to play how I want. I did try breeding for a diamond, I've tried and tried and I've never got one and I have been playing for a while. I'm still unbelievably happy, it's certainly has not taken the fun out of the game for me, I was not prepared to speed up breeding and waste this gold from the sale only to never get it and be back to square one, still wanting my diamond dragon.

If I was to another one shortly after purchasing one here I would be over the moon, I would not think I'd wasted the gold on my purchase, I'd just be vey happy to have too.

I totally agree! I would have done the same :rolleyes: Congrats on your diamond :):):)

didiljar
12-26-12, 11:34 PM
don buy gold for purchase the diamond..breed them don waste your gold,I know u how u feel but trust me if u can't have the diamond by breeding what u have,try other dragon(four diff element) don give up my friend,breeding a diamond is a wonderful feeling..you can do it suzy..Suzy whats is ur ID for DS.?

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 11:38 PM
My I'd is suzysuzy35 and I am still going to try breeding one, that's is still a goal of mine, hey I want to be able to on the bragging thread and say I did it by breeding, lol.

didiljar
12-26-12, 11:40 PM
believe in yourself TL is fair,people can't get diamond cause they all don know what is their breeding to get a diamond,every island have a diff ways of breeding a diamond..trust me.TL won ***** us they want us to find ourself how to breed a diamond in our own island..don give up my lovely friends..think positive..why people can breed a diamond but we can't..so find it urself by breeding them..if u can't have it for 10tries..change other dragons..breed again..wish u good luck..

coolio275
12-26-12, 11:40 PM
I've tried for diamond. my friends that I started playing this game with both have gotten diamonds but I haven't lol. but while they spent their time and gold on getting diamond, I was being rares and super rares and ultra rares for my collection and I believe my island is much more furnished with awesome dragons than theirs are, even if I don't have diamond :)
but someday..I gonna keep trying for that diamond/infinity lol

coolio275
12-26-12, 11:41 PM
if only teamlava would stop releasing so many dragons lol

suzysuzy35
12-26-12, 11:45 PM
I have lots of rares, super rares too, I just need to get to a stage where I can start decorating, I just need more space for that, it will come in time, I've nearly cleared the top island.

didiljar
12-26-12, 11:45 PM
I was like you for 6-7month I played I still can't have a diamond so I though I wanna buy but I think back,if I buy to me there's NO THRILL in this game..so I breed them and I got it..you also can do it my friends..trust me I don lie to all my lovely friends..you r like my golds..we help each other in different ways..my island is name is ♠Diamond➰Ace♠ DS is my one of my favorite iPhone game I ever had..so to all my friends...with patience u will gain what u want..the moral of the story "DON GIVE UP" ��

didiljar
12-26-12, 11:46 PM
I was like you for 6-7month I played I still can't have a diamond so I though I wanna buy but I think back,if I buy to me there's NO THRILL in this game..so I breed them and I got it..you also can do it my friends..trust me I don lie to all my lovely friends..you r like my golds..we help each other in different ways..my island is name is ♠Diamond➰Ace♠ DS is my one of my favorite iPhone game I ever had..so to all my friends...with patience u will gain what u want..the moral of the story "DON GIVE UP"