PDA

View Full Version : Parts requests not working...

lizzygee23
12-26-12, 01:33 AM
Before you read this, just know that I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well as restarting my device. And yes, I also have a perfect Internet connection.

When I click on the request button to ask for parts for an oven, or in this case, the chestnut roaster and turducken fryer, I go through the list and click the boxes selecting all of my nbrs, which is quite tedious, as I'm sure everyone knows. Well, I go through and click hundreds of names and then click send. And here lies my problem...

After I hit send, my screen flashes black for a split second and then the request box is gone and none of my requests have been sent. This happened to me once last night on the turducken fryer. I went through and rechecked all the boxes a second time and it went through fine when I clicked send. Then tonight when I tried to send a request on the chestnut roaster it did it again. I checked all the boxes again but it didn't go through the second time either and I really don't want to keep checking hundreds of boxes when it may not go through.

I don't know if this is a known problem but it sure is frustrating so I figured I'd let you know. I'm on the new Christmas version. Thank you!

maguar
12-26-12, 01:46 AM
The request system is such that you can only get 20 requests back a day. The other requests become a backlog. Rather than sending to hundreds, have you tried only sending 20-25?

lizzygee23
12-26-12, 04:43 AM
The request system is such that you can only get 20 requests back a day. The other requests become a backlog. Rather than sending to hundreds, have you tried only sending 20-25?

Ya it doesn't change anything. And I have to send more than that because I have a lot of inactive nbrs, but I don't know who they are. And shouldn't it work either way? Whether I'm sending 1 or 100? I've been playing all of these games for a long time and have never had this problem before. It's gotta be a bug...

And I actually have 176 nbrs, not hundreds. I over exaggerated a wee bit lol it just feels like hundreds when I'm checking those boxes over and over and over again, ya know?

maguar
12-26-12, 10:24 AM
Is it just on the Christmas version or is it still happening on an earlier version? If you send requests for other appliances does the same thing happen?

nmishii
12-26-12, 02:00 PM
If a lot of people start posting they're having the same problem, its probably a bug.

But if not, there's probably something wrong with your environment. You might not have enough memory, or the data for the app might be corrupted. Or your internet connection is bad, which doesn't appear to be a problem here.

When there's a problem, I'll usually **** all apps, clear the cache, clear the data for the app. But that should have been done with the reinstall/restart. Try moving your larger apps to your SD card, if possible. **** all apps before starting the game.

lizzygee23
12-26-12, 04:41 PM
Is it just on the Christmas version or is it still happening on an earlier version? If you send requests for other appliances does the same thing happen?

It's only ever happened to me on the Christmas version. Never on any of the others. And so far only on the chestnut roaster and turducken fryer... But I havent tried requesting parts on anything else because I don't need them... Should I buy an easy oven and see if I can request parts on it to see if it works?

lizzygee23
12-26-12, 04:43 PM
If a lot of people start posting they're having the same problem, its probably a bug.

But if not, there's probably something wrong with your environment. You might not have enough memory, or the data for the app might be corrupted. Or your internet connection is bad, which doesn't appear to be a problem here.

When there's a problem, I'll usually **** all apps, clear the cache, clear the data for the app. But that should have been done with the reinstall/restart. Try moving your larger apps to your SD card, if possible. **** all apps before starting the game.

I'm on an iPad so I don't have an sd card but I'll check my space and clear cookies and such and try again. I didn't think of that, so thank you! Maybe it'll fix the problem.

maguar
12-26-12, 06:22 PM
It's only ever happened to me on the Christmas version. Never on any of the others. And so far only on the chestnut roaster and turducken fryer... But I havent tried requesting parts on anything else because I don't need them... Should I buy an easy oven and see if I can request parts on it to see if it works?

Try requesting the parts on a different version. You can then go back to Christmas to play.

Or you can check the parts on this thread to see if there's on that has the parts you need and try requesting from it.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18009-Restaurant-Recipe-Inventory-amp-Chart-!!