PDA

View Full Version : When they say ultra rare, they mean it!

CJ525
12-25-12, 10:21 AM
In monster story, it is WAY easier to obtain diamond hybrids. Here, not so much. Got my diamond two days ago and got crusader and quetzal, but this gold dragon is really ****ing me. Must've tried 100+ times, no joke since I had 500 gold and currently have only 100. Any advice?

Thanks and happy holidays!

ID: joeyc0417

NouraMoh
12-26-12, 08:44 AM
I got 2 Gold dragons by breeding epic Air and epic Diamond. My advice, keep it simple and stick with it. It WILL happen ��

opanugie
12-26-12, 09:26 AM
i got magic magic magic till 12 times and no anubis, just patient only the way

[S8] Elsa
12-26-12, 11:29 AM
One does not simply breed an Ultra Rare.

Persistance and patience is key. Like anything that's a challenge to accomplish, it takes some dedication.

iaweforfun
12-26-12, 12:31 PM
Just be happy that you acutlly GOT a diamond. Im level 94 almost at 900k exp without a diamond.

wassupbaby
12-26-12, 12:32 PM

Persistance and patience is key. Like anything that's a challenge to accomplish, it takes some dedication.

In other words, Gold is key. Like anything that's a challenge to accomplish, it takes some gold. J/k

Nefertekas
12-26-12, 01:09 PM
Nuh-uh. One totally does.

Well, at least some people have xD

And speaking of LOTR, i still haven't watched The Hobbit. :p

[S8] Elsa
12-26-12, 02:11 PM
In other words, Gold is key. Like anything that's a challenge to accomplish, it takes some gold. J/k

You can get it without gold, but obviously using Gold has the potential to get a faster result by speeding things up or using Gold to get it from the Market. You can also get up to 20 Gold per day as Gifts from your friends, which is pretty neat, right? ;D

Nuh-uh. One totally does.

Well, at least some people have xD

And speaking of LOTR, i still haven't watched The Hobbit. :p

I was hoping someone would get that reference. :P

suzysuzy35
01-06-13, 05:29 AM
I've just got a crusader and quetzal, both took between 200 and 300 bred cycles, now they are only 10 and 30 sec fails, so they were quite easy.

Do you think the same can be said for the diamond, that you have to reach a certain breeding limit, I.e the 200 to 300 mark before that ultra rare comes into play, obviously you have to have bred with the right colours. It would make sense seeings how people take so long to get one. I maybe totally wrong, but just wonder what others think.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this original question on the diamond thread, and I only got two answers, so I thought I'd start another thread, I hope it doesn't get moved to the diamond thread, as the question is about the amount of breeding cycles to get the ultra rare.

Have you, got your ultra rare on a first attempt with a certain pair, but have been breeding lots previous to this, or maybe you got it on your first attempt because you were at an early level.

I hope I am wrong as that many breed cycles to get an ultra rare is a really horrible thought.

nylear13
01-06-13, 06:07 AM
well, I'm not quite sure how many breed cycles I've gone through before getting my diamond, but seeing as I got it at level 39, probably can safely say that I'd been breeding plenty before I struck gold. But there have been mentions of people who got diamond recently after only playing for a couple of weeks, so they probably haven't bred that much. As for ultra rare hybrids, crusader took me more than 300 tries, but quetzal was fairly easy with just 11 tries. Still working on the others (been getting distracted with the LEs). Personally I think its all luck though, since there're plenty of players at lvl94 without diamonds and some lower lvls with multiples

tailsprower
01-06-13, 06:12 AM
well, I'm not quite sure how many breed cycles I've gone through before getting my diamond, but seeing as I got it at level 39, probably can safely say that I'd been breeding plenty before I struck gold. But there have been mentions of people who got diamond recently after only playing for a couple of weeks, so they probably haven't bred that much. As for ultra rare hybrids, crusader took me more than 300 tries, but quetzal was fairly easy with just 11 tries. Still working on the others (been getting distracted with the LEs). Personally I think its all luck though, since there're plenty of players at lvl94 without diamonds and some lower lvls with multiples

I agree with nylear13 but it could also be something encoded in our DS with diff breeding chances Like for example :

Diamond - 2% chance
Elf - 34 % chance
something like that but I think its different for each people like the way i got elf 20th try while others 1st try

suzysuzy35
01-06-13, 06:37 AM

I hope it is luck, but I'm also wondering for new players if the bred cycle is shorter, I don't know, say they have to only bred 50 times an ultra rare comes up. It's only my theory on how my game is progressing.

More thoughts and opinions grately appreciated, as soon I'm going for fairy and wizard for an infinity.

Baraze
01-06-13, 06:41 AM
I think there is a difference with each dragon. I'm starting to feel the dragons are like a slot machine. Is programmed somewhere how you get what you get based on the number of "pulls" and tries.

I didn't get the concept of the game fully until about two or three months ago. I didn't actively try for a diamond. Last month I did. I got two in under a week. I got my quetzal in about four or five tries. My angel with my first pairing of diamond and light. I was pleasantly surprised! I just got crusader moments ago after at least three hundred tries. I'm going for hold next, because I can't deal with the headache of the fail time.

Also, my throwing hybrids in hoping I'd get a sweet outcome has caused more problems. I'm following that advice from those who have the diamond hybrids. I'm trying to expand so I don't want to try the concept of diamonds being bred together. As much as I'd love an infinity, I don't have the money for another for two more habitats.

Let me know what works please! I want an Anubis so bad. But I hate magic with a passion.

Baraze
01-06-13, 06:43 AM
One more thing...I read where someone suggested the levels have something to do with it. I think focusing on two hybrids all the time causes so many misses. I didn't think about it. I just picked any random two that I came across while picking for breeding.

suzysuzy35
01-06-13, 06:51 AM
I think there is a difference with each dragon. I'm starting to feel the dragons are like a slot machine. Is programmed somewhere how you get what you get based on the number of "pulls" and tries.

I didn't get the concept of the game fully until about two or three months ago. I didn't actively try for a diamond. Last month I did. I got two in under a week. I got my quetzal in about four or five tries. My angel with my first pairing of diamond and light. I was pleasantly surprised! I just got crusader moments ago after at least three hundred tries. I'm going for hold next, because I can't deal with the headache of the fail time.

Also, my throwing hybrids in hoping I'd get a sweet outcome has caused more problems. I'm following that advice from those who have the diamond hybrids. I'm trying to expand so I don't want to try the concept of diamonds being bred together. As much as I'd love an infinity, I don't have the money for another for two more habitats.

Let me know what works please! I want an Anubis so bad. But I hate magic with a passion.

This is what I wanted, thank you experience from other players, and it proves that if you got two diamonds in under a week, then it's nothing to do with bred cycles. Then you got your angel on first attempt, I'm only trying wizard and fairy as its been proven to get an infinity, but more than likely ill switch pairings every so often.

nylear13
01-06-13, 06:57 AM
I agree with switching pairings around. From what I've seen, what works for some might not work for others, everyone seems to have better luck with certain types of dragons and there's no way to find your lucky pair without trying around. I actually got alot of my dragons from random pairings. And really things are more exciting when you get different results everytime, always getting the same fails from the same old pairing just makes it more frustrating

suzysuzy35
01-06-13, 07:12 AM
I agree with switching pairings around. From what I've seen, what works for some might not work for others, everyone seems to have better luck with certain types of dragons and there's no way to find your lucky pair without trying around. I actually got alot of my dragons from random pairings. And really things are more exciting when you get different results everytime, always getting the same fails from the same old pairing just makes it more frustrating

Couldn't agree more.

kwhales
01-06-13, 08:02 AM
Don't really know about cycles. I was never trying to get a diamond in this game, yet…too many other dragons i am missing, but one popped into my den. I kept it mind you, but I never really sat down and said, this is the day i try for diamond. I think for a small percentage of people, the diamond just appears, while others work at it for a very long time…..to me, cycles, elements used, levels used, etc….are minor…i still think its luck over anything.

kwhales
01-06-13, 08:04 AM
Don't really know about cycles. I was never trying to get a diamond in this game, yet…too many other dragons i am missing, but one popped into my den. I kept it mind you, but I never really sat down and said, this is the day i try for diamond. I think for a small percentage of people, the diamond just appears, while others work at it for a very long time…..to me, cycles, elements used, levels used, etc….are minor…i still think its luck over anything.

Sorry, I also think its luck for ultras too…but man, crusader is driving me nuts..one more fire and i will set fire to my island.

suzysuzy35
01-06-13, 08:51 AM
Sorry, I also think its luck for ultras too…but man, crusader is driving me nuts..one more fire and i will set fire to my island.

Keep at it for the crusader and quetzal, like I said I must have bred each pair between 200 and 300 times and got them both within two days. I'm not looking forward to trying any of the other diamond hybrids.good luck.

scottyhaha
01-06-13, 08:56 AM
I got my at lvl 25. Takes me over 4 hrs to get a crusader, 10 mins for a quetzal. I think it's just luck

Baraze
01-06-13, 10:41 AM
I tried to mix diamond and aurora together to see if I'd luck out with mercury or Anubis but got another diamond.

suzysuzy35
01-06-13, 01:12 PM
I've just got an Anubis tonight, I did use some gold to speed it up, as I had some left over still from previous sales, it's not cost me a penny tonight and it was well worth it. I was really afraid I'd waste it accidentally with all those pop ups that come up, it's cost me a lot lot less then the actual price of the Anubis, so to me it was worth it.

suzysuzy35
01-06-13, 01:14 PM
I've just got an Anubis tonight, I did use some gold to speed it up, as I had some left over still from previous sales, it's not cost me a penny tonight and it was well worth it. I was really afraid I'd waste it accidentally with all those pop ups that come up, it's cost me a lot lot less then the actual price of the Anubis, so to me it was worth it.

It probably would have cost me about three weeks in my time spent,so yes, it's ultra rare.

Baraze
01-06-13, 02:58 PM
It probably would have cost me about three weeks in my time spent,so yes, it's ultra rare.

How many tries did you take? Congrats! After two magics I give up and go back to the crazy formula of Using hybrids.

suzysuzy35
01-06-13, 03:13 PM
How many tries did you take? Congrats! After two magics I give up and go back to the crazy formula of Using hybrids.

I tried about 25 times and spent around 800 gold, I had 1800 gold from all the last four sales saved up, and I've nearly wasted it twice when the pop up came up from that dam treasure cave, so in my opinion well spent. I've now looked at the breeding calculator and Anubis and fuzzy seems a good combo to use, whether ill get another ultra rare is another thing,but the outcomes are a lot shorter. I'm not going to speed breed these, just wait and see what happens,hopefully an angel or infinity.

suzysuzy35
01-06-13, 03:14 PM
I tried about 25 times and spent around 800 gold, I had 1800 gold from all the last four sales saved up, and I've nearly wasted it twice when the pop up came up from that dam treasure cave, so in my opinion well spent. I've now looked at the breeding calculator and Anubis and fuzzy seems a good combo to use, whether ill get another ultra rare is another thing,but the outcomes are a lot shorter. I'm not going to speed breed these, just wait and see what happens,hopefully an angel or infinity.

I.e when I say shortening mean about 11 outcomes, rather than if I was to use say athletic plus something else and the outcomes from that pairing maybe say 21 possibilities, if you get my drift.