PDA

View Full Version : What Animal to buy?

whizzzard
12-24-12, 06:21 AM
I have 185 gems.. which animal(s) would be more beneficial/useful?
I have no gem animals, just the coin ones..

Im thinking Albino Pig + White Cow or Sheep
Or, Black sheep for 180..

Debating to get animals to help me with turffle/prime cut goals (although I've read the rewards are mostly small) or get animals with medium-high rare drops..

I appreciate any and all advice, thanks!

vanillaheaven
12-24-12, 06:31 AM
I have a Black sheep from the Dark Cave adventure. It's the only animal I collect from every time I can (four hours) besides Sir Pigglesworth, because it gives a prime cut every single time :) I have a white cow, too, and so far I've only gotten milk from it.... But I only collected from it a few times. The normal sheep drops prime cut, too, but it's a rare drop.

As for truffles.... I think the royal pig has the highest chance of dropping them :/ but it's super expensive, too.

Have you considered getting a tree? I'm also debating whether to spend some gems on a lemon or orange tree, or wait until I get one from the adventures. The lemons and oranges I get from Sir Piggie are super super rare drops, so I only have like 5. Oh well, good luck with your decision :)

dri2011
12-24-12, 06:48 AM
In my personal opinion, the most useful animal is the black sheep. It drops a prime cut every time we collect from it. I got mine from a dark cave adventure though.
Sir Pigglesworth drops truffles a lot of times too, so with these two animals you can get a fair amount of rare drops.
The fruit trees are good options as well, specially the orange tree, which will be a lot required: 200 oranges for The Cooking Caravan goal.
If you keep doing adventures every day, specially Bandit hunting and Dark caves, you have a nice chance of getting a tree or animal as a reward.

whizzzard
12-24-12, 06:53 AM
I did buy an Apple tree earlier (need the golden apple to get pigglesworth!), now im just deciding what to do with the remainder of the gems.. Black sheep is what I'm leaning towards now, after reading your posts!

scottyhaha
12-24-12, 07:16 AM
I brought a royal cow with my gems. King keeper didn't give me anything.

benbever
12-24-12, 03:53 PM
I decided to spend my gems ater losing some (again) in a trap.
I got a black sheep, since I didn't have a sheep yet.
I already have one of each tree, sir pigglesworth for truffles, pigs for bacon and a royal cow for prime cuts.
A single great animal is better than two medium ones. The great one gives rare stuff every time, for only one energy, so go for the black sheep :)

rosewaterlily
12-24-12, 07:31 PM
I just bought a black sheep too to prevent more gem trap losses. I have more truffles than prime cuts right now thanks to Sir Pigglesworth, and I'd like them to be balanced. Could use more bacon to to feed the baron but getting more coin pigs seems more economical than royal pig's double bacon.

banana_leaf
12-24-12, 09:30 PM
after reading this thread, I decided to buy a black sheep too ;)

iLLUMI2012
12-24-12, 10:02 PM
I'd go for one of the pigs. You'll need 200 bacon to complete the breakfast component of the Cooking Caravan goal.
It took 2 black pigs, 1 normal pig and a royal pig to get all that. Sir Pigglesworth doesn't give much bacon.

scottyhaha
12-24-12, 10:23 PM
I'd go for one of the pigs. You'll need 200 bacon to complete the breakfast component of the Cooking Caravan goal.
It took 2 black pigs, 1 normal pig and a royal pig to get all that. Sir Pigglesworth doesn't give much bacon.

Black pigs drop bacons don't need to buy gem pig for bacon

lala_gabbana
12-24-12, 10:26 PM
Is there any other use for prime cuts, besides the baron goal?

scottyhaha
12-24-12, 10:33 PM
Only for the baron

rosewaterlily
12-24-12, 10:40 PM
Once you have the "feed the baron" recipe in the kitchen, you can cook it as often as you have the ingredients to use up prime cuts and truffles. I've been short on bacon because of finishing the breakfast caravan, but I think eventually the bacon will catch up (I get bacon from pink pig, black pig, sometimes sir pig and stable) since I mostly prepare the spicy and hearty feasts now for adventures and don't cook grits as often.