PDA

View Full Version : Income Strategy for low level players

Cyclohexane
12-23-12, 02:11 PM
I?ve been playing this game for a fairly short time joining from a promotion a couple months ago from a Storm8 game. I read lots of problems with people have clearing land and buying food. It does not have to be like that. I now have unlimited coin and can clear those $800,000 trees no problem. Here is what I did.

As soon as I could afford a light dragon, I purchased one with a small habitat. I then proceeded to breed light and fire exclusively. I made tons of common Love dragons. These guys are awesome income producers. You also occasionally get a laser or tusker which are cool rares.

At level 3, with only 25 food invested (and no time in evolution chamber), these guys produce an amazing $319 gold per hour. In comparison, a level 10 fire dragon produces $329. You can easily buy a lot of $5000 coin big red habitats and stuff them full of these guys. With only 5 hour breed times, you can easily make 3 per day.

That is $957 gold per hour per habitat for 75 food invested per habitat. See how quickly this can add up? In one week you can be making $6699 per hour without ever using an evolution chamber. Of course you can evolve a couple as food stores allow, but it is not necessary. If on an apple, evolving to level 4 makes since to grab tons of fire and pearl gems (only 5 hour evolve time!) when its time to get rid of them.

Most epic dragons average around $1,200 gold per hour, need tons of food to get to epic, and typically have long breed times (way longer than 5 hours). Instead of 10,000 +++ food invested, you invest 25 (five 1 food cost, five 4 food cost) to level 3 and stop.

So what do you do before the light dragon, at lower levels?

The same thing with firestorm dragons (12 hour breed time). They are plentiful and make $190 gold per hour with only 25 food invested (to get to level 3). They also use the same fire habitats so transitioning to Love dragons will be easy. While breeding firestorm, you will also get Eagles, these are excellent income dragons. They make an amazing $1,237 per hour at Epic and do not require high food costs to get. Save all of these and feed to epic (and have a few yellow habitats). They will help on your journey to a self sufficient income.

This is not a get rich quick scheme, it will take work and checking in on habitats frequently (fire habitats fill up fast) but it takes advantage of short breeding time (shortest in game for common dragon), low food costs, low habitat cost, and high payout.

After you get a nice income, then start questing. Things will be much easier.

Apple guys can now get Pink which may throw this strategy off a little with 33 hour breed times, but I imagine they do not drop too much. Of course I wouldn?t know as I use an Android.

retro71
12-23-12, 03:00 PM
Great advice! I hatched a Love today & thought even though I have several, I could use the income.

I really hope we (android) get that pink update & the new goodies soon.

Cyclohexane
12-23-12, 06:12 PM
One thing I forgot to mention. At night before you sleep, you can breed the Forest Common Fuzzy dragon. It has an 8 hour breed time (good nights sleep) and earns $326 per hour at level 3 (same 25 food investment). Also the green habitats earn a little more before maxing out so a nice way to expand off fire. You can get lucky and get a very nice Pegasus dragon as well.

Next step is to upgrade light habitat and then start storing light hybrids there.

To bad we can't edit on this forum.

thenijn
12-24-12, 06:46 AM
I used the same strategy but not with love dragons.
I bought many fire ad forest, evolve them to level 5
I am at level 38 in 6 weeks.
I expand on the 3 above islands. 33 habitats
13 green, 7 red, 3 yellow 4blue 4 purple 2 light
My income at the moment is 33000 coins/hour
Its easy to expand and clear the bitter barks now.
Until 40 spaces.
Then I upgrade the farms and the dragons, and buy more light habitats

henrylucky
12-24-12, 06:57 AM
One thing I forgot to mention. At night before you sleep, you can breed the Forest Common Fuzzy dragon. It has an 8 hour breed time (good nights sleep) and earns $326 per hour at level 3 (same 25 food investment). Also the green habitats earn a little more before maxing out so a nice way to expand off fire. You can get lucky and get a very nice Pegasus dragon as well.

Next step is to upgrade light habitat and then start storing light hybrids there.

To bad we can't edit on this forum.
Good.....
Actually, I don't sleep 8 hrs/night but I sleep 6 hrs/night
But, I take a nap like 2-4 h hrs / day :p