PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the cookbook! (Still)

eric_malmquist
12-22-12, 11:45 PM
Are any other Android users having this problem with the Christmas update? Normally the cookbook is suppose to stay where you left off so you don't have to constantly scroll through to find the recipe each time. But on my phone it only lasts for 2-3 ovens before I have to scroll through all over again. And with 18 ovens that's frustrating!

I know this issue was addressed once before, but I'm wondering if it wasn't addressed for the Christmas edition. Anyone else having this problem? Any way we can get TL to push the fix again?

Thanks!

mrngh22
12-23-12, 02:37 AM
I'm also having that problem on my iPod. Sometimes I get through all my appliances, and sometimes I don't.

kooky panda
12-23-12, 07:43 AM
I will go ahead and report that this is happening again .

DestinysChild2
12-24-12, 12:24 AM
Are any other Android users having this problem with the Christmas update? Normally the cookbook is suppose to stay where you left off so you don't have to constantly scroll through to find the recipe each time. But on my phone it only lasts for 2-3 ovens before I have to scroll through all over again. And with 18 ovens that's frustrating!

I know this issue was addressed once before, but I'm wondering if it wasn't addressed for the Christmas edition. Anyone else having this problem? Any way we can get TL to push the fix again?

Thanks!

Hope it is fixed soon it is so frustrating.

srg70
12-24-12, 06:56 AM
I'm having the same problem.

Nikki_Finn
12-24-12, 11:16 AM
it happens to me if the same appliance isn't right next to it's same kind.
like if i just made something on the oven & then if the next oven isn't right next to the previous one, then i have to scroll through the recipes again.

so silly.

shakiba
12-24-12, 11:29 AM
Same problem here from time to time. IOS.

FrozenTurtle
12-24-12, 06:35 PM
If you switch to a different appliance, your recipe page will be lost. If you want to cook the same recipe on multiple appliances, you should start all of the orders on that particular appliance first, then change to a different one. If anyone still see issues with recipe pages not being saved and they are cooking as described above, please let us know. Thanks!

MizCricket
12-25-12, 08:36 PM

Thanks!

I noticed that Christmas version had that problem too. I went back to playing the Thanksgiving version which does not have it. Can't understand why it was fixed and then reverted back. Shouldn't the Christmas version have built built on the Thanksgiving one and not the earlier regular version? Have the same problem in Fashion Story too. The catalog slides back to the first page after every item ordered. They fixed it in Thanksgiving and then it was broke again in Xmas version. Makes no sense.

notylol
12-26-12, 07:36 AM
Christmas version is definitely still having this issue on IOS. I can't even count the number of times I've accidentally made clicked a 8+ hour recipe verse the 1 or 2 hour I had clicked on the same appliance next to it. Hope it gets fixed soon because it is kind of annoying.

kylebusch
12-26-12, 05:02 PM
Same happening to me

FrozenTurtle
12-26-12, 05:58 PM
For anyone experiencing the issue, please let us know the following information:

Device type (iOS/Android):
Version (You can find this from Menu >> Help/FAQ):
Which appliance is affected:

**Be sure you are accessing the same appliance consecutively**

notylol
12-26-12, 06:51 PM
Device type (iOS/Android): iPhone 5 OS 6.0.2
Version (You can find this from Menu >> Help/FAQ): 1.6.4
Which appliance is affected: White Oven, Drink Maker and Easy Oven

FrozenTurtle
12-27-12, 02:59 PM
Device type (iOS/Android): iPhone 5 OS 6.0.2
Version (You can find this from Menu >> Help/FAQ): 1.6.4
Which appliance is affected: White Oven, Drink Maker and Easy Oven

We have not been able to reproduce this. Are you switching to a different type of appliance when you are cooking? It will only save your page as long as you are accessing the same appliance. Can you try it again and only use the same appliance to cook multiple dishes? Thanks!

jennyh30
12-27-12, 03:13 PM
If you switch to a different appliance, your recipe page will be lost. If you want to cook the same recipe on multiple appliances, you should start all of the orders on that particular appliance first, then change to a different one. If anyone still see issues with recipe pages not being saved and they are cooking as described above, please let us know. Thanks!

I am doing this and still have to scroll every time. Occasionally if I have changed tab it keeps the tab open but I still have to search through the options on that tab. Especially annoying as I'm trying to master the Christmas recipes which have gone from the front screen to being mixed in with everything else

jennyh30
12-27-12, 03:15 PM
Accessing on iPod, latest version of bakery, only noticed it on the normal oven as that's the only one I have lots of

notylol
12-27-12, 05:36 PM
We have not been able to reproduce this. Are you switching to a different type of appliance when you are cooking? It will only save your page as long as you are accessing the same appliance. Can you try it again and only use the same appliance to cook multiple dishes? Thanks!

No, I don't switch between different appliances when cooking. I finish each of the same appliance with the same recipe til it has been mastered. It hasn't happened again with in the last few days but I will post again if it does.

srg70
12-27-12, 05:53 PM
IOS operating system. Easy oven. Version 1.65.

I find it doesn't do it all the time. If it starts doing it when I open it in the morning it will do it all day.

srg70
12-27-12, 05:54 PM
IOS operating system. Easy oven. Version 1.65.

I find it doesn't do it all the time. If it starts doing it when I open it in the morning it will do it all day.

I should have added I'm on ipad 2.

FlyingPony69
12-28-12, 05:48 PM
Andriod user. Took me a few days to figure it out but for me its the basic ovens that have the issue. Using different colors of the ovens makes the cookbook lose its page. I had some green, tan, easy & brick. So lets say you start cooking on all of the green ones & then try to move to the easy oven then you lose your page. If you have all of the same color &/or type of oven you won't have any issues.

310pnut
12-29-12, 08:21 AM
I'm also having this problem and w/19 ovens it took like 15 minutes 2 put on my food last night

ssyukiya
12-29-12, 08:29 AM
Same problem here!!!

srg70
01-05-13, 09:56 AM
I am still having problems this the cookbook. The easy oven and the drink mixer take me back to the beginning with every oven, and with 40 ovens it takes a long time!!!

I'm using IOS and an on the latest version. 1.6.5

Please fix this!

notylol
01-05-13, 12:17 PM
Had it happen to me again today. I was making Chamomile Tea on the drink machine, went to the second one and Sweet Tea was the first recipe up and I accidental clicked on it before I realized it. Thankfully it was only a 5 minute recipe or so, so it wasnt a huge inconvenience.

kooky panda
01-05-13, 05:46 PM
I checked my bakery game on IOS version 1.6.5 and 1.6.4 and my cookbook is not resetting. Try restarting your device.

Notylol- Are you are android ? If so what version is your game? Under menu-help?

01-05-13, 05:51 PM
really?this is really easy for me.just tap ur o on the ur phone or something 2 times and u see the app,press it for 3 seconds then a - sign will appear and then press the - sign and wait for it to load.sometimes it helps,or just email TL

jennyh30
01-06-13, 06:21 AM
Sort of related. Doesn't always stay on the same page on same appliance but spmetimes I change appliance and if I've been on a tab on the other appliance it has that tab open on this one even if there are no tabs

eric_malmquist
05-12-13, 10:58 AM
I'm running the latest mothers day version of bakery story on a droid x. The problem of the cook book not remembering your place is STILL going on. I can use my easy ovens barely 2 times before I have to scroll through the list all over again to find a recipe. This problem has been going on for a long time and teamlava still has yet to fix it. PLEASE fix this!

kooky panda
05-12-13, 12:35 PM
I thought this had been fixed, I will check on this .

olcastle
05-12-13, 03:11 PM
I thought this had been fixed, I will check on this .

It's not fixed.
I'm on ipad.

kooky panda
05-12-13, 04:11 PM
They are checking for android, but I checked by Ipad game- Most current version is the regular bakery game version 1.6.8(for IOS)
and mine does not reset for the oven. Previous IOS versions did have this issue.

Can you post the following:
Version of the game you are playing- small number at the bottom on the screen under help -menu
Which appliances this is happening on.

Are you switching appliances or using the same appliance?

olcastle
05-12-13, 07:34 PM
I was playing on 1.6.5
I didn't know about update.
Thanks!

eric_malmquist
05-12-13, 09:05 PM
Android 2.3.4
Bakery Story Mother's Day 1.5.5.7.4

Problem occurs when going to multiple easy ovens. Can barely get through two ovens before I have to scroll all over again

OnCloudDivine
05-12-13, 10:33 PM
Android 2.3.4
Bakery Story Mother's Day 1.5.5.7.4

Problem occurs when going to multiple easy ovens. Can barely get through two ovens before I have to scroll all over again

Are all the easy ovens facing the same direction? Mine reset if they are facing different directions.

eric_malmquist
05-13-13, 11:45 AM
Are all the easy ovens facing the same direction? Mine reset if they are facing different directions.

Yes this seems to be the problem. I have my easy ovens facing in different directions. Only the ones facing the same direction remember the cookbook. Any way Teamlava can get this fixed?

namaw66
05-13-13, 08:38 PM
I only get through two ovens in same recipe.

olcastle
05-22-13, 07:28 PM
Just happened again.
Might be because of different directions.

jesslanrose
05-23-13, 01:30 PM

Thank you for the tip!! It was always happening on two easy ovens that were facing a different direction. :)

islanddoll1
05-24-13, 07:48 AM

Mine too. I just face them in the same way and it doesn't reset. Easy as that.