PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire Parity

Jessinthecity
12-22-12, 12:36 AM
I think us Kindle users have been plenty patient. The New Dawn update was brought out on September 20th - That was 3 months ago!
I get that it takes some time to program the updates. But this is ridiculous. Android has had the update for awhile now. What about us?
And what really frustrated me, is that there have been several other updates for iOS since then. Team Lava has spent time/energy/money on improving the game for iOS, yet they haven' t taken the time to bring Kindle player up to speed?
I think it' s pretty obvious that TL does not value their Kindle players Which is sad. As a reputable company, you' d think they' d show appreciation to all their players. Instead they've proved to be anything but loyal.
Shame on you Team Lava :mad:

kurebiz
12-22-12, 12:53 AM
android got the app, but the only thing is the colour change and ability to zoom more.
we do not have the light dragon quests nor the boosts.
neither do we see the dawn tree.

azychan
12-22-12, 01:36 AM
Yeah, android have the new dawn, but everything we have are different colors, zoom and the "light tab" in market

willothewisps
12-22-12, 10:22 AM
I do agree, as I am one Kindle player as well. But I wonder if along with the New Dawn update for us, if at the same time we will get all the other updates we don't have? Hmmm.... But I totally understand your point

sweetstuff525
12-22-12, 10:27 AM
did kindle get the light dragons?

jrodt333
12-22-12, 10:29 AM
did kindle get the light dragons?

Yes they did. They're missing the crafting buildings, boosts, Dawn Tree, light dragon goals, Storm and Scarecrow dragon, and the New Dawn version.

becki1111
12-22-12, 01:14 PM
I hate that I get so jealous when visiting my neighbors!
New buildings, decorations, dragons, and now PINK!
I'm a Kindle User.

Also - where should I post about missing gold?
My game glitched & I lost 60, writing to the game for months has had no outcome.
One reply only - asking for ID, which I'd already given them.
Any help on where to post this?

profsink
12-22-12, 01:30 PM
They're probably waiting on the storied and fabled Android update before putting New Dawn on Kindle. You're not missing anything, really. Even the original Fire can run the original client well. I find the only current use for New Dawn Android is on older devices that can barely run the original client. Of course, Kindle Fires are Android devices, so if you have the tools, you can force New Dawn on there. There really is no point in so doing, however..

B4Ballet
12-22-12, 01:36 PM
Yes they did. They're missing the crafting buildings, boosts, Dawn Tree, light dragon goals, Storm and Scarecrow dragon, and the New Dawn version.

There are light dragon GOALS!!! If Kindle doesn't get any of these soon, they will have one less dragon island (or more) Oh, and Kindle users are missing the storage option as well

moosehay
12-22-12, 03:01 PM
There are light dragon GOALS!!! If Kindle doesn't get any of these soon, they will have one less dragon island (or more) Oh, and Kindle users are missing the storage option as well

Join the crowd - none of the Android based systems got any of that stuff either. I haven't seen a word about it but maybe kindle will get these things if/when the other androids do.

You really didn't miss anything in the Android version of ND either - no goals, no boost, nothing but color change and light tab in the market basically.

jrodt333
12-22-12, 03:01 PM
I hate that I get so jealous when visiting my neighbors!
New buildings, decorations, dragons, and now PINK!
I'm a Kindle User.

Also - where should I post about missing gold?
My game glitched & I lost 60, writing to the game for months has had no outcome.
One reply only - asking for ID, which I'd already given them.
Any help on where to post this?
I think that would go in bugs and feedback.

Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot to mention that.

kurebiz
12-22-12, 06:41 PM
use this time to breed your light dragon hybrids, and get them to epic.
cause food prices are gonna increase!

bitealot
12-22-12, 08:53 PM
Trust me you don't need it, Kindle uses android and TL does not like android users., so the ONLY thing you will get with new dawn is a new loading screen, and no content, no new goals

luv2wander
12-23-12, 06:05 AM
I use android but I am curious about kindle differences. Since it is an android device I would have thought that any android update would work on it. Can it only use amazon apps? Does it really need different coding from other android devices or is it just a matter of getting new releases posted to amazon?

sollia
12-23-12, 12:38 PM
What, there's storage? DANG. Does that mean you can store dragons too? I would love that because I seriously need to rearrange my island, it looks like a mess.

Lolas_Kryptonite
12-23-12, 12:45 PM
Does that mean you can store dragons too?

No you cannot store dragons.

sollia
12-23-12, 12:47 PM
No you cannot store dragons.

Oh well. My island will continue to be a hot mess.

Lolas_Kryptonite
12-23-12, 12:51 PM
Oh well. My island will continue to be a hot mess.

lol, i'm sure it's not that bad. when i first started out... i just had to keep expanding and expanding just so i would have space to move things around.

mine is all over the place... but i understand it and know why everything is where it is.

jrodt333
12-23-12, 01:00 PM
The kindle fire can run a normal android app. If you have Dragon Story as an APK file, you can load it and it will (probably) run. The difference with the kindle fire is that it does not come with the google play store, only the amazon app store. also, if it is rooted(jailbreak to ios users) the google play store can be loaded and with that all the apps on the play store.

This is true (I've actually been doing that with my Nook Tablet; I've never actally been using a true Android device) but the Google Play version isn't much better than Amazon's version.

sunnyk51
12-23-12, 07:41 PM
what light tab in the market i don't have a light tab in my market

jrodt333
12-23-12, 08:11 PM
what light tab in the market i don't have a light tab in my market

Only Dragon Story iOS, Dargon Story: New Dawn iOS, and Dragon Story: New Dawn Android have the light tab.

wg2012
01-01-13, 09:03 AM
All the new fancy things you are always adding are nice....mostly for other users. Could you please take the time to bring Kndle users up to date. We do not have access to New Dawn, we are missing more than half the decorations offered to others, new dragons, habitats. It would be nice to be playing the same game as others get to.

Also it would be fabulous if the game would not lurch all over whe? tapping to collect. I have lost hundreds and hundreds in gold clicking to collect...the game board lur hes and now 400 in gold GONE because I unknowingly clicked to expand now. It has happened twice. Now of course I click wait, click wait. It takes much longer but with the game moving all over the place, you have to adapt.

wg2012
01-01-13, 09:19 AM
Also need storage and ability to transfer old games. I put in a request a few days BEFORE Christmas and am still waiting to get transfered.

shahed12
01-04-13, 09:03 PM
IKR THEY TOTALLY need to update the kindle users CUZ we are long behind :(

betsyb514
01-07-13, 09:25 AM
This is for the programmers...I hate to over simplify a fix, but wouldn't the programming be just batches of code that needed to be worded for the android and kindle. Find and replace function? I used to write code way back in the day and a lot of it was just the way it was worded.

willothewisps
01-27-13, 11:26 PM
Now I realize that codes and different devices require different engineering, I am really feeling left out as a Kindle user for Dragon Story. I have not had a breedable update since the Fireworks dragon, plus no new decorations and such, have had absolutely no updates for DS, and NOW I am hearing about this new purple/pink element for the Left-/Right-hearted dragon?!?!?!?!

And I see all these update polls and stuff which would be a miracle for us to get at all. :P

So I have a suggestion TL, could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get EVERYONE caught up with iOS and everything?!?! I really feel like I am missing out.

I know I have said this often but Kindle doesn't have New Dawn yet, but what you could do is just update the old Dragon Story like New Dawn with the tree and stuff? ;)

tonguelashing
01-27-13, 11:42 PM
There is an "update for Android" thread here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43532-Update-for-android) where you can be updated on what's on and voice your opinions.

Here's my take as an Android user and advocate. I believe an update is coming so be patient. How much of an update and so on, does remain to be seen but I believe it will happen. For now, build up food and breed what you are still missing (if any) finish any goals and so forth. Keep spare dragons around on the off chance we'll have trading/crafting. Keep your chin up and be patient.

Hope this helps.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-28-13, 06:50 AM
Tonguelashing ... getting things straight, or trying to ... LOL ... is Kindle "Android" or is it different? I read somewhere on the forum that it's Android, but since I'm not that knowledgeable, I wanted to ask.

sweetstuff525
01-28-13, 07:09 AM
The pink/purple hear left and right drsgon weren't released yet.... They were avalaible to some by mistake

iOS didn't get an update this week ... So hopefully they were able to get kindle/android caught up and release these new dragons and v day stuff and goals this week

sweetstuff525
01-28-13, 07:11 AM
Tonguelashing ... getting things straight, or trying to ... LOL ... is Kindle "Android" or is it different? I read somewhere on the forum that it's Android, but since I'm not that knowledgeable, I wanted to ask.

I think kindle is considered android but with only difference

Android download apps from google play and kindle from amazon app store so I guess it's 2 different versions they need to do

But kindle gets left out more in other games

hamadrys
01-28-13, 08:11 AM
Kindle and Android, it is the same fight to get updates. I am kindle too and we are in the same boat as android.

msvidkiller13
01-28-13, 04:14 PM
Kindle is a little behind Android as after ISO then Android then Amazon. Amazon never got New Dawn :(

LilMzB4Life
01-28-13, 04:37 PM
I just started playing on Kindle Fire but am a patron on Apple (level 94) and I have to say that Kindle is lacking on so many levels. The reason why I wanted a Kindle Fire in the first place was so that I can play DS. TL, please don't forget about your Kindle Fire user base.

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:07 PM
Anyone noticed a "new dawn" goal on kindle? Just got a pop up on mine asking to pay 5,000 coins to dress mother nature (???). Did it and got some xp and coins as rewards. Then...nothing else. Is it the beginning of something called UPDATES? ??

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:12 PM
Sword in stone is also in the decorations. Locked til level 1000 just like the nether portal.

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:19 PM
Not mother nature but mother dragon :) lol.

kooky panda
01-28-13, 06:53 PM
Anyone noticed a "new dawn" goal on kindle? Just got a pop up on mine asking to pay 5,000 coins to dress mother nature (???). Did it and got some xp and coins as rewards. Then...nothing else. Is it the beginning of something called UPDATES? ??

These goals have now been removed.

The issue has been resolved. The goal is no longer available.

hamadrys
02-01-13, 06:58 AM
Can Kindle players hope to get these updates soon ?

LilMzB4Life
02-01-13, 07:00 AM
I hope so.

magzlitex777
02-01-13, 07:36 AM
I'm hoping so. Its been months since we had an update. I have all but 3 of the dragons I can get and all but 1 are epic ( just waiting for the wait time on evolving) I'm sorely in need of more dragons to make

hamadrys
02-02-13, 08:55 AM
I don't mean to be a bother...but is there any mod that would be kind enough to let us know if there will be an update for Kindle ? Valentine ? Pink ? Anything ? Working on it ?
Please...

hamadrys
02-02-13, 08:22 PM
I think the same way. Definitely not worth it. I still haven't gotten a diamond and miss 3 other dragons. I'll keep busy like that for now.

hamadrys
02-03-13, 06:39 AM
Interesting. Just found this in the Forum. Different TL game, but same question from a disgruntled player.
Here is TL answer about Valentine update :

We cannot speculate if Kindle will receive Valentine update or not. Please keep checking back.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44704-No-Valentines-For-Kindle-Users/page3

hamadrys
02-03-13, 06:47 AM
Quote from another thread :

"Sorry for coming late to the party, but since no one has addressed this I'll do my best to give you guys the best answer that I can.

I spoke with who was in charge of the valentines editions for bakery/restaurant, and basically what this came down to is 2 main things: Resourcing, and the Amazon App Store's approval process.

We have limited resources available to us when trying to create these holiday editions (by resources I mean the available amount of time for engineers, art, QA, etc..) and getting things out in time for Amazon's app store didn't fit our planned schedule. Amazon has a lengthy approval process which makes timing and fitting our schedules a challenge. With the speed at which all the major holidays happen (End of Oct-Feb) it's just not always possible to get these special editions out to every appstore and device that we would like to.

I've suggested the idea of creating some valentines gift boxes and selling them in the market for kindle players, to which I was told would be looked into. I can't promise anything will come of that, but know that your concerns have been heard, and we're trying to see what can easily be done with the resources we do have.

Hope this helps clear things up.
Last edited by MHz_; 01-24-2013 at 09:31 PM. "

MHz_ is Team Lava Staff and seems to communicate a lot with players. I do not know if he is for Restaurant Story only or any game but this guy really can help, I think.

hamadrys
02-03-13, 06:48 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44704-No-Valentines-For-Kindle-Users/page7

GavGav2
02-03-13, 01:17 PM
Hamadrys, your my hero for not letting this thread get buried. We on the Dragon Story threads need someone like MHz_ to help us. We get the normal run around and vague non answers that irritate the heck out of people. At least this guy goes into detail on what exactly he is doing to get things done and what he is being told as to why things are not done. We all understand its difficult dealing with Amazon and that Android is more of a pain then iOS but why even bother making an app for a program if you don't intend to update it and keep it in line with its iOS twin?

hamadrys
02-03-13, 01:49 PM
I actually pm'd him about this. I will let you guys know if he answers and post it on this thread.

GavGav2
02-04-13, 11:01 AM
No word back yet?

msvidkiller13
02-04-13, 12:58 PM
From what I was told is that there is no word of Kindle updates :( I guess we can just get over it and be glad for everyone else which is great :) Breed away :)

hamadrys
02-04-13, 02:53 PM
GavGav2, I got an answer 5 minutes ago. He basically said he is going to ask about it and will get ba ck. Said if I haven't heard from him in 1 week, to message him again.

pattypopo
02-04-13, 05:45 PM
Hamadrys, your my hero for not letting this thread get buried. We on the Dragon Story threads need someone like MHz_ to help us. We get the normal run around and vague non answers that irritate the heck out of people. At least this guy goes into detail on what exactly he is doing to get things done and what he is being told as to why things are not done. We all understand its difficult dealing with Amazon and that Android is more of a pain then iOS but why even bother making an app for a program if you don't intend to update it and keep it in line with its iOS twin?
LOL!!! MHz did say he would try to get info for us on VE Restaurant, but guess what? We still don't have it. Released on other platforms 1/19.

hamadrys
02-04-13, 07:25 PM
Well, all I can do is try. Unfortunately, I do not have much hope to see an update for our little Kindle community. See this thread :

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45700-Kindle-version-Update

msvidkiller13
02-05-13, 12:16 PM
I guess this answers all of our question :) TYVM NOT :(

hamadrys
02-05-13, 12:24 PM
I give up. Kindle is a minority and as Android got their big updates, we are left behind and sadly, nobody cares. All these updates, new stuff, new dragons piling up on the plates of other players are making me bitter and frustrated. I don't even want to check this forum anymore because all I see is things we will never have. They are not even working on updates. They will "pass on the interest". *scoff*
What a surprise that Kindle players would want an update ! Who would have thought they had an "interest" ?
Ridiculous and revolting. But again, we are a minority and nobody cares, so I will zip it now and let the rest enjoy their updates.

wg2012
02-05-13, 02:36 PM
It is disappointing that we are so easily overlooked. The whole point to the game is to breed and develop your island, yet we only get a handful of decorations and instead of giving us access to the other 20 decoration options, they continue to add more to other users. Plus the glitch that moves the game and causes countless gold and other things to be lost. I am losing interest in this portion of the game we are allowed to play.

msvidkiller13
02-07-13, 06:29 PM
any word on kindle???????

LilMzB4Life
02-07-13, 07:40 PM
I am glad that Kindle was included in the contest. Still wish we had the Valentine version but I know that's not going to happen this year. (Sad that I can send my nbrs Valentine postcards when they request but I can't request any on my Kindle game). Really seems unfair to Kindle players.

ivanazagreb
02-07-13, 11:43 PM
I usually stay out of update discussions but I feel for you! I'm an Android player and I'm happy about our V update but I really wish Kindle players got it too! I hope they'll compensate this for Kindle players in some way cuz this is just nor fair.....

msvidkiller13
02-08-13, 04:45 PM
Nothing still :( Oh BTW thanks for allowing Kindle to be in contest not that any of us will win anything, let along Gold to buy all the dragons we don't have.

msvidkiller13
02-09-13, 12:51 PM
NO word yet on Kindle updates???????

lolii12
02-09-13, 03:24 PM
will I feel so sorry about kindle users ..
But I'm IOS , even my brother had kindle .. But he is confused about teamlava why kindle and IOS are different
kindle users must ask teamlava support so they can tell you why or reason... Because IOS updates are higher than kindle updates..

magzlitex777
02-09-13, 09:29 PM
Kindle wont be getting the vday update

LilMzB4Life
02-15-13, 08:43 AM
Just checking to see if Kindle will be getting anything new. This thread was lost in the shuffle and I don't want us to be forgotten.

sweetstuff525
02-15-13, 09:23 AM
Did kindle get the red heart and left heart and passion?

hamadrys
02-15-13, 10:01 AM
Left, Right and Passion are not available on the regular Kindle DS. Rose and Cupid are.

sweetstuff525
02-15-13, 10:08 AM
Just to clarify:

The valentines content for restaurant and dragon should be in the kindle edition of each game respectively. If it isn't please let me know, and I'll prod the necessary people :)

So we were able to get all the valentines stuff that we could for Restaurant and Dragon released for the kindle players, but unfortunately, we won't be able to do this for Bakery. The main reason is a business decision. I can't really speak to it beyond that. I'm having someone look into getting the goals released for kindle as well, but I can't make any promises on that yet.

Hopefully you all can continue to be a bit more patient on an answer to that :) Enjoy the valentines content until then!

The decision was only specifically with the Bakery Valentines edition. As far as I'm aware, we're still going to be supporting as many devices and platforms as possible, including the Kindle.

Oh, and I just got word back, quests for restaurant and dragon valentines should show up on kindle now.

I found theses posts from MHz ... Unless I'm understanding wrong and left end right and passion are not valentines kindle should have them?

hamadrys
02-15-13, 02:09 PM
There is no Dragon Story Valentine Edition available in the Amazon app store at this moment. I just checked.
Maybe it is "in progress", which is already something and Amazon may very well take some time before releasing the updates.
But as of now, there is no pink dragons available, no Left/Right/Passion, no pink decor...and no price increase.

msvidkiller13
02-15-13, 02:27 PM
We still don't have anything and now there is another contest and Kindle isn't ??????????????????? THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!! It is not Amazon. There were not hold backs from them when Team Lava put out Thanksgiving games. This is just a excuse for TL >>>>>>>>>>>>. WHY DON'T WE ALL BE ABLE TO BE IN CONTEST AND HAVE UPDATES??????????????????????

LilMzB4Life
02-21-13, 07:15 AM
I hope Kindle gets something soon that doesn't require using gold. On a brighter note, I'm lvl 28 on my Kindle game and I'm getting my first diamond by breeding Cupid/Parakeet. I'm excited b/c it took me forever to get my first diamond on my iOS game!!!

pennyvilles
02-21-13, 07:39 AM
I like DS, I really do. But, in all honesty, I refuse to spend my actual money on a game that the makers refuse to update. It really isn't even the same game that everyone else has anymore. I think they should rename it Dragon Story, Fossil version, because we just get the bare bones of the game. When other players can craft, they expect us to pay (with real money) for the same thing? I don't think so. TL, listen to your customers, here. They aren't happy. Are you making that much money, you can afford to just have an entire consumer base just walk away?

hamadrys
02-21-13, 04:05 PM
"Re: DS Valentine for Kindle
You should have all of the valentines content available in the regular dragon story for kindle. You won't need to get the actual valentines edition for this to work."

This is the last mail I receive from MHz_ from Team Lava staff. I have explained to him that Kindle did not receive much of a valentine content besides Cupid and Rose dragons and will we ever see the Pink dragons ? I will post the answer when I receive it.

hamadrys
02-21-13, 07:22 PM
Last message, received just now :

"Re: DS Valentine for Kindle
Hmm. I'll try to look into your comments you listed at the top of your message.

Regarding the release of valentines editions on kindle.. i've said before that it really boils down to a matter of resources. " From MHz_.

LilMzB4Life
02-23-13, 09:33 AM
I would love to be able to craft the Topaz dragon for my Kindle game. It is so.... adorable!!!

cassielee43
02-24-13, 09:24 PM
um.. im kind of lost, but can someone please tell me why kindle users can't buy buildings like the ipod people can? or is that just my kindle tablet that's screwing up. I swear that i saw the option to buy the trading portal thing and the building with the book on top of it (whatever it's called) and now i can't find it.. :(

kurebiz
02-24-13, 09:32 PM
um.. im kind of lost, but can someone please tell me why kindle users can't buy buildings like the ipod people can? or is that just my kindle tablet that's screwing up. I swear that i saw the option to buy the trading portal thing and the building with the book on top of it (whatever it's called) and now i can't find it.. :(

its not available for android/kindle yet.

msvidkiller13
02-25-13, 06:00 PM
Kindle is the last to get anything with Team Lava. We are at the basic of games :( I was hoping today with game shut down we would at least get something but like always NOTHING. I wouldn't expect to even get the next dragon or even have a fair chance of winning any contest as we aren't even given them now. :) So disappointed!!!!!!!!

wimsical
02-25-13, 11:20 PM
And now the black element is coming out on thursday! Want, want, want. Cant have, can't have, can't have! :( But what can you expect?

msvidkiller13
02-26-13, 02:37 PM
We can expect if it does be available that we have to pay for it. Not me. I WILL NOT PUT NOTHING INTO THIS GAME :( It's sad when other game company's give to their players and make it equal and this company gives nothing. The contest are a joke when they are not fair and then to put a so called sale on gold/gems.

Loxieland
02-26-13, 03:28 PM
These are the dragons Kindle users don't have yet (that I know of):

Storm, Scarecrow, Emerald, Ruby, Virtue, Justice, Flower, Kite, Bubble, Origami, Tiny, Sapphire, Unicorn, Left Heart, Right Heart, Passion, Chocolate, and Night.

Loxieland
02-26-13, 03:43 PM

Storm, Scarecrow, Emerald, Ruby, Virtue, Justice, Flower, Kite, Bubble, Origami, Tiny, Sapphire, Unicorn, Left Heart, Right Heart, Passion, Chocolate, and Night.

Sorry counted wrong:

Dragons not available for Kindle -- 19

Album -- Storm, Scarecrow

Crafted -- Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz

Pink -- Virtue, Justice, Flower, Kite, Bubble, Origami, Tiny, Unicorn, Chocolate

Heart -- Left Heart, Right Heart, Passion

Dark/black -- Night

msvidkiller13
02-26-13, 04:03 PM
Oh Your forgetting the new games also :) Not a lot :( Yeah right ...............

Sorry counted wrong:

Pink -- Virtue, Justice, Flower, Kite, Bubble, Origami, Tiny, Unicorn, Chocolate

Dark/black -- Night

msvidkiller13
02-26-13, 04:03 PM
One more NO CONTESTS

LilMzB4Life
02-28-13, 07:24 PM
I'm happy Kindle has the update but the habitat costs is ridiculously high. I'm just at lvl 30 something and trying to get enough coins just to buy the small habitat because I have a Night dragon breeding now. Got it on the first try with wizard/water.

msvidkiller13
03-08-13, 12:52 PM
I know this tread will be put where no one cares or will answer but this is getting to be a bit much of Amazon Kindle not getting anything from Team Lava. I am seeing negative feedback on team lava games on Amazon and it saddens me to know that not even a answer to know if your going to update your games. I have put money into DS and have gotten nothing. Your contest are a joke they aren't fair. All I see are everyone complaining about this and that and Kindle hasn't gotten even PINK or any for the free dragon or decorations without having to pay for them. NOT FAIR !!!!!!!!!!! ARE THERE GOING TO ANY UPDATES TO KINDLE??????????????! If not then tell Amazon customers that before they complain to them about their money being taken for nothing.

hamadrys
03-08-13, 01:06 PM
It is sad but true. If only Amazon did open up to Google, everybody would be happy. Unfortunately, most games available in the Amazon market place are outdated. I noticed that the version of most games that Amazon has is way behind what Google Play has. And it is not only TL, but others too. There is something about Amazon that doesn't allow game manufacturers to update things smoothly. I think that it is a shared problem. Amazon is well aware of people being upset with their app store. Their forums are full of complaints.

msvidkiller13
03-08-13, 01:43 PM
Your right. I have also seen that there are other games I have and when they update and they do, it is right away with all at the games at the same time because we play together. There is nothing in Amazon from TL for DS , nothing at all.
It is sad but true. If only Amazon did open up to Google, everybody would be happy. Unfortunately, most games available in the Amazon market place are outdated. I noticed that the version of most games that Amazon has is way behind what Google Play has. And it is not only TL, but others too. There is something about Amazon that doesn't allow game manufacturers to update things smoothly. I think that it is a shared problem. Amazon is well aware of people being upset with their app store. Their forums are full of complaints.

Loxieland
03-10-13, 02:48 AM
Kindle players are a very patient group, but nobody pays to wait indefinitely!

dragondh
03-10-13, 01:16 PM
I have both an iPhone and a kindle fire HD but alas play on my little phone screen. Much more fun as have all the options. Thinking seriously of deleting the one on Kindle.

kwhales
03-10-13, 02:00 PM
I have both an iPhone and a kindle fire HD but alas play on my little phone screen. Much more fun as have all the options. Thinking seriously of deleting the one on Kindle.

I am on IOS, but if I had a kindle and still needed older dragons, I'd keep it active and get them now while there isn't as many fails. Right now, with all the new dragons on IOS, as you are away from your iphone, fails are a plenty. Get what you can now, dragon wise on your kindle.

jannywanny7
04-16-13, 09:14 AM
Hi..hope it's ok if I ask for help on this thread...I am a Kindle Fire 2nd Generation user, and I have this pesky problem. I am playing Dragon Story, and have tried repeatedly to reply to a message another player posted to my Wall yesterday. Every time I try to send a message, it brings up a pop.up button with the message "game ended". I have tried to reboot, restart after holding "CLOSE" button down 30 seconds, and lastly, I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it again. This is the second time this has happened in the last week,the first time it took 5 days, and it miraculously corrected itself...and I have been able to send messages back and forth to that neighbor just fine since then. I don,'t want to have to wait ,5 days for it to correct itself....I need to send a reply ASAP to this particular player as she has graciously offered her assistance I my never ending quest for the elusive Diamond Dragon!I I have tried 21 different breeding combinations so far to attain this particular Dragon Lady...so I need to make contact with her....her Island name is Ariana but I do not know her Storm I'D code. We have a mutual neighbor, and had read a message I had sent her in which I was venting out of frustration ...and she offered her help, so I don't want her to think I am ignoring her! Please Help!!!! Has a anyone else had this particular bug with their Kindle? Thanks......jannywanny7, which is both my Island name in Dragon Story,as well as my Storm I'D code name.

kooky panda
04-16-13, 10:39 AM
Hi..hope it's ok if I ask for help on this thread...I am a Kindle Fire 2nd Generation user, and I have this pesky problem. I am playing Dragon Story, and have tried repeatedly to reply to a message another player posted to my Wall yesterday. Every time I try to send a message, it brings up a pop.up button with the message "game ended". I have tried to reboot, restart after holding "CLOSE" button down 30 seconds, and lastly, I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it again. This is the second time this has happened in the last week,the first time it took 5 days, and it miraculously corrected itself...and I have been able to send messages back and forth to that neighbor just fine since then. I don,'t want to have to wait ,5 days for it to correct itself....I need to send a reply ASAP to this particular player as she has graciously offered her assistance I my never ending quest for the elusive Diamond Dragon!I I have tried 21 different breeding combinations so far to attain this particular Dragon Lady...so I need to make contact with her....her Island name is Ariana but I do not know her Storm I'D code. We have a mutual neighbor, and had read a message I had sent her in which I was venting out of frustration ...and she offered her help, so I don't want her to think I am ignoring her! Please Help!!!! Has a anyone else had this particular bug with their Kindle? Thanks......jannywanny7, which is both my Island name in Dragon Story,as well as my Storm I'D code name.
Ask the neighbor for their storm ID, then send an email to support@teamlava.com and let them know you are having issues when visiting this neighbor.
If she is the only one you have issues with, there may be an issue with her game.

glitterbabies
04-16-13, 10:42 AM
thanks for pointing this thread out kooky. I did a search and didn't find it so I figured no many kindle discussions going on :)

glitterbabies
04-16-13, 10:51 AM
These goals have now been removed.

I currently have the goal "dress mother" and be rewarded with food and level points.

I assume I shouldn't do this one or I'll lose 5000 in coins for nothing??

amywinston13
04-16-13, 07:07 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but do other Kindle users experience this problem? My game starts out at a reasonable zoom level, but after zooming in to feed or expand terrain, I can't get it to zoom back out to the original scale. I've read a post in the feedback forum indicating that some Kindle zoom limitations (like not being able to view the entire map, or areas beyond the edge of the map) were by design, but I'm just trying to get back to the original scale of the screen.

kooky panda
04-16-13, 07:19 PM
I currently have the goal "dress mother" and be rewarded with food and level points.

I assume I shouldn't do this one or I'll lose 5000 in coins for nothing??

What else goes with the goal? If is for a specific dragon, I usually do not do the rest of the items in the goal until I get the dragon.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but do other Kindle users experience this problem? My game starts out at a reasonable zoom level, but after zooming in to feed or expand terrain, I can't get it to zoom back out to the original scale. I've read a post in the feedback forum indicating that some Kindle zoom limitations (like not being able to view the entire map, or areas beyond the edge of the map) were by design, but I'm just trying to get back to the original scale of the screen.
I zoomed in my kindle then was able to zoom back out.
Using both forefingers, place on the screen and bring your fingers together. You should then zoom out.

glitterbabies
04-16-13, 07:36 PM
Kooky, there is no dragon attached to this goal. it's new dawn....spend 5000 coins and buy dragon mother new ceremonial robes and get +250 food and +200 level up points. That's all there is to it.

roni122285
04-16-13, 08:02 PM
Sorry counted wrong:

Dark/black -- Night

Well we have night dragon and the hybrids but we don't have the rest .... unless you count being able to buy the craft dragons with gold, which TL does *sigh*

roni122285
04-16-13, 08:04 PM
Oh I forgot that now we don't have the mythic dragons either

miget411
04-16-13, 08:18 PM
Kindle is missing 27 dragons or they have to be bought for gold when iOS can get them free:

Album: Lightning, Storm, Scarecrow

Crafted: Pearl, Amethyst, Topaz, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald

Pink: Virtue, Justice, Flower, Kite, Bubble, Origami, Tiny, Unicorn, Chocolate

Heart: Left and Right Heart, Passion

Quests: Samurai, Clockwork

Mythic: Mythic, Helios, Atlas, Medusa

glitterbabies
04-16-13, 08:36 PM
are the times longer on kindle? It doesn't seem right that a dragon that has a top earning potential of 485 coins would take 16 hours to evolve.

amywinston13
04-16-13, 11:27 PM
I zoomed in my kindle then was able to zoom back out.
Using both forefingers, place on the screen and bring your fingers together. You should then zoom out.

Thanks for the reply, kooky panda! I can zoom in and out that way to a point. But when the game starts, I can see about twenty tiles diagonally (on a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" using version 1.0.5.5). Zooming in to the "closest" level shows about nine tiles diagonally, and zooming out after that only shows a maximum of about fourteen tiles. My normal Android phone using DS: Spring zooms in and out without this issue (and automatically zooms out after feeding or expanding).

I can play without zooming out that far, obviously! Just wondering about it because I have read a bunch of Kindle posts in this forum and no one else seems to be mentioning it.

magzlitex777
04-17-13, 03:55 AM
I was wondering if kindle fire users will ever get the pink dragons.....we got the black dragons which is awesome but id like to know what is so difficult about the pink ones that we can't get them to.

hamadrys
04-17-13, 04:38 AM
The problem with Kindle is not solely team lava's fault. Amazon will not let Kindle players use Google, because they want their exclusive app store. It makes everything way more difficult for games to be updated and some, like team lava, may not want to go the extra mile because of the cost, I guess.

purplespire
04-19-13, 08:45 AM
Was just wondering WHY

purplespire
04-19-13, 08:47 AM
Was just wondering WHY kindle can't have the Cosmic Dragon. We can breed yellow and purple!

hamadrys
04-19-13, 08:49 AM
Same reason why kindle doesn't have the pink dragons, while we have light and fire.

crsty19612
04-23-13, 02:43 AM
Well once again we don't get the new type of dragon and because they raised the prices at the same time, we get lost in the shuffle. So does any one think we will get the PINKS, COSMICS, AND MYTHICS?

glitterbabies
04-23-13, 07:03 AM
I'm starting to wonder if it's worth playing dragon story on kindle.

zooboo12
04-23-13, 08:44 AM
I'm starting to wonder if it's worth playing dragon story on kindle.

I don't think it is, I don't believe much is going to change. We have had the same version since it was introduced to kindle with the accception of a few updates here and there, that saids a lot to me in its self. I don't think they plan to give us the same functions as other platforms. I'm just looking at the track record.

zooboo12
04-23-13, 08:48 AM
This is just rediculous

LilMzB4Life
04-27-13, 06:22 AM
So I'm guessing Kindle has been forgotten. Guess I'll take my game as far as I can as long as it lets me before calling it quits. I still can't visit nbrs with the Outpost and once it's released to all iOS players, I won't be able to visit any if them. I hope TL is working out the kinks but I seriously doubt it.

LilMzB4Life
04-27-13, 03:20 PM
Thank you so much for letting me know. I have a question. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong because I have to keep installing game just to play it. I'm hoping it shows up on my KF saved to the device. Any suggestions or should I just wait?

LilMzB4Life
04-27-13, 03:30 PM
Never mind. I found it under Apps instead of Games

Loxieland
04-28-13, 10:03 AM
So I'm guessing Kindle has been forgotten. Guess I'll take my game as far as I can as long as it lets me before calling it quits. I still can't visit nbrs with the Outpost and once it's released to all iOS players, I won't be able to visit any if them. I hope TL is working out the kinks but I seriously doubt it.

I guess this thread is mostly forgotten too, and most kindle players have already quit??? Or maybe they feel that kindle updates are hopeless, so don't bother asking for updates anymore???

purplespire
05-04-13, 08:26 AM
I am going to keep playing until I have every breedable dragon. I have 17 left to try for!

windywyo
05-04-13, 09:50 AM
I so agree! We on kindle have been more than patient!!!! It is now May. I see all the cool things other nbrs have and yet kindle users can't access. Very frustrating!!!!!!

tajul
05-04-13, 10:26 AM
im a kindle user, and when they update the Stories sothat they match the holiday, i don't get that untill about a month after the holiday ended, then it will stay on there for a whole nother month!i don't know if this happens with other kindles or divices, but im sick and tired of it. Plz help!

tajul
05-04-13, 10:29 AM
i dont know what TL has against KFs, but it is just stupid!

purplespire
05-13-13, 01:42 PM
I am looking for neighbors that play. My ID is purplespire. Would love playing with kindle fire players like me!

glitterbabies
05-13-13, 01:48 PM
I am looking for neighbors that play. My ID is purplespire. Would love playing with kindle fire players like me!

kindle player...I just invited you :)

glitterbabies
05-13-13, 01:51 PM
I am going to keep playing until I have every breedable dragon. I have 17 left to try for!

do you have a diamond? If so what combo did you use? I feel like it's harder to get on the kindle so I'm curious if anyone on kindle has a diamond.

crsty19612
05-13-13, 02:11 PM
do you have a diamond? If so what combo did you use? I feel like it's harder to get on the kindle so I'm curious if anyone on kindle has a diamond.

Hi I've got one, bread moon and auroras.

LilMzB4Life
05-14-13, 10:55 AM
I have a diamond on my KF using Cupid/Parakeet. Good luck

glitterbabies
05-14-13, 12:25 PM
LOL you both used dragons I don't have....

I'll keep trying...at least I know it's possible now :)

purplespire
05-14-13, 01:17 PM
I used fruitful & wizard for diamond

kooky panda
05-14-13, 02:17 PM
Guys, please keep this thread on the topic of Kindle Fire Updates .

You can also find breeding combos for dragons on current threads for each dragon.
See the Dragon Breeding Guide (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide&p=590677&viewfull=1#post590677) for a list of threads.

You can find neighbors in the Dragon Add me forum. (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?93-Dragon-Story-Add-Me)

If you would like send personal invites to members, you can send them a Private message or visitor message from your Forum Profile.
Thanks!

glitterbabies
05-14-13, 03:45 PM
Guys, please keep this thread on the topic of Kindle Fire Updates .

when are we getting updates to discuss ??

kooky panda
05-14-13, 06:49 PM
Updates are under listed under the update threads. Newest update thread is here. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?51544-Dragon-Update-May-13-NIGHT-ELF-DRAGON&p=629806&viewfull=1#post629806)

LilMzB4Life
05-14-13, 08:32 PM
Will there be an update to fix the crashes when I try to visit someone who has the Outpost?

kooky panda
05-15-13, 05:06 AM
Will there be an update to fix the crashes when I try to visit someone who has the Outpost?

They are still working on this issue.

I am just guessing here, but the problem that
Kindle users are having visting the neighbors with this feature may be one of the reasons why the Outpost feature is still in the testing mode and had not been released to more players.

FrozenTurtle
05-15-13, 12:06 PM

Sorry! Kindle has not yet received an update to correct this issue with crashes. We really appreciate your patience!

crsty19612
05-16-13, 08:35 PM
Sorry! Kindle has not yet received an update to correct this issue with crashes. We really appreciate your patience!

Hi how about a report to us about ANY progress at all ,please? You do realise that ALL the new dragons and up dates in the last 2 months have completely skipped over us. Old love to stay and play this game more but I have nothing new to make. Can we please have at least PINKS now?

crsty19612
05-16-13, 08:40 PM
Updates are under listed under the update threads. Newest update thread is here. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?51544-Dragon-Update-May-13-NIGHT-ELF-DRAGON&p=629806&viewfull=1#post629806)
Not to get on your case but those updates don't usually apply to us at all. So how about an update just for us for once, think you all can handle that.

crsty19612
05-18-13, 06:10 PM
And of course I got ignored, probably because you have NOTHING for us,am I right!!! Oh well I'm sure there are plenty of games that will take my money but It's pretty sad that you all have such bad customer service AND THEN ASK FOR A POSITIVE RATING!!!!!

roni122285
05-23-13, 03:00 PM
I think it's just awesome that other the, rare, dragon updates we get we haven't had an update in 7 months now! (Huge amount of sarcasm) I mean the only good thing about playing on the kindle is that any new dragons we DO get don't have those stupid high food costs. But I wouldn't doubt if they are that far off since the android players just got them, which also isn't fair.

apehero
05-23-13, 03:43 PM
I really agree with this post us kindle users are missing out on a lot! I wish that team lava would pay more attention to us kindle users!

apehero
05-23-13, 03:56 PM
I mean SERIOUSLY! HOW ABOUT JUST FOR ONCE WE GET A UPDATE! I would really like it if you gave us a CRAFTING PORTAL and A SPELL SHOP.

apehero
05-25-13, 02:35 AM
from now on i learned a lesson
to not complain. Iv'e been complaining for the past week and all i got was the same message over and over again so Iv'e decided to only complain when we've been so patient but we still get no update. It's just wasting time complaining while i could be playing outside, taking care of my dragons, or even be taking a nice long nap........ or be even sneakly playing video games [that are not for me]:p:p. so to all you other players out there i'm telling you it's NO use complaining.

Oliver118
05-29-13, 11:34 AM
I think us Kindle users have been plenty patient. The New Dawn update was brought out on September 20th - That was 3 months ago!
I get that it takes some time to program the updates. But this is ridiculous. Android has had the update for awhile now. What about us?
And what really frustrated me, is that there have been several other updates for iOS since then. Team Lava has spent time/energy/money on improving the game for iOS, yet they haven' t taken the time to bring Kindle player up to speed?
I think it' s pretty obvious that TL does not value their Kindle players Which is sad. As a reputable company, you' d think they' d show appreciation to all their players. Instead they've proved to be anything but loyal.
Shame on you Team Lava :mad:

Hey, I'm iOS, I guess I'm one of a kind; I'm part of a lucky bunch of people.:D Anyway, now I know what Kindle players suffer as well as Android players (though in my opinion, Android users are very exaggerated as their issue is nothing compared to yours. I hope TL listens to you and takes you seriously though I doubt it because Dragon story's been on for a year and nothing's been sorted about this.:( Good luck persuading them!

Oliver118
05-29-13, 11:37 AM
I mean SERIOUSLY! HOW ABOUT JUST FOR ONCE WE GET A UPDATE! I would really like it if you gave us a CRAFTING PORTAL and A SPELL SHOP.

TL has no excuse for Kindle fire, because with Android it's lots of devices to develop on and I agree with you but there are is only one Kindle fire, which is less than iOS!

Oliver118
05-29-13, 11:37 AM
TL has no excuse for Kindle fire, because with Android it's lots of devices to develop on and I agree with you but there are is only one Kindle fire, which is less than iOS!

Grammatically that message went seriously wrong!:D

KindleFire083
05-29-13, 01:49 PM
​We're curious to know why the special holiday editions stopped being developed or released after Thanksgiving 2012. Restaurant, Pet Shop, Fashion and Bakery have Halloween and/or Thanksgiving editions still available for installation.

Under Dragon Story it says:Latest UpdatesWhat's new in version 1.0.5.5

Fixed few force close issues, Other bug fixes.

So perhaps this is the final version of Dragon Story on Kindle Fire.

roni122285
05-29-13, 02:01 PM

I know right? They only excuse they have given us is that it takes longer because of the amazon app store because amazon has to verify the game. I can kinda understand that but I don't know of any verification process that takes 7 months to release an update to a game already supported by them. What's up with that TL?

KindleFire083
05-30-13, 03:22 PM
Hello fellow Kindle Fire HD players :D We searched and found an efficient response from a person who works for TeamLava! 1Mobile

Sorry for coming late to the party, but since no one has addressed this I'll do my best to give you guys the best answer that I can.

I spoke with who was in charge of the valentines editions for bakery/restaurant, and basically what this came down to is 2 main things: Resourcing, and the Amazon App Store's approval process.

We have limited resources available to us when trying to create these holiday editions (by resources I mean the available amount of time for engineers, art, QA, etc..) and getting things out in time for Amazon's app store didn't fit our planned schedule. Amazon has a lengthy approval process which makes timing and fitting our schedules a challenge. With the speed at which all the major holidays happen (End of Oct-Feb) it's just not always possible to get these special editions out to every appstore and device that we would like to.

I've suggested the idea of creating some valentines gift boxes and selling them in the market for kindle players, to which I was told would be looked into. I can't promise anything will come of that, but know that your concerns have been heard, and we're trying to see what can easily be done with the resources we do have.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Mhz answers apply to this thread also since 4 months later we are asking the same questions asked here.

shinava
06-01-13, 07:52 AM
kindle fire players do not have spells or trading post in store. not fair

LilMzB4Life
06-01-13, 09:39 AM
I don't really think we will be getting anything anytime soon on Kindle Fire.

KindleFire083
06-01-13, 11:01 AM
Storm8 needs to hire developers who know how to get apps approved in the Amazon store.

shinava
06-01-13, 11:10 AM
yes I agree. I am already to quit playing. takes forever to breed dragons and wait for unwanted ones to hatch do staff members address the needs of kindle fire players? does anyone care about making this game fun for us?

shinava
06-03-13, 09:33 AM
tired of waiting thorough breeding and hatching times when i know any of the possible dragons that will result from breeding. example. i bred a mirage and poison. 8 hour breeding i have to wait through to wait again for a fairy. fuzzy or genie dragon to hatch that i do not want 16 hours of waiting . just to try another breeding combination that will more than liklely produce unwanted dragon. i personally do not find all this waiting fun. kindle players can feed dragons. not fun. visit neighbors to see everything we can not have havenot fun.. and wait wait wait for breeding and hatching times to expire so we can wait all over agin for dragons we dont want. again not fun. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE IS THE FUN!!!

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 11:40 AM
tired of waiting thorough breeding and hatching times when i know any of the possible dragons that will result from breeding. example. i bred a mirage and poison. 8 hour breeding i have to wait through to wait again for a fairy. fuzzy or genie dragon to hatch that i do not want 16 hours of waiting . just to try another breeding combination that will more than liklely produce unwanted dragon. i personally do not find all this waiting fun. kindle players can feed dragons. not fun. visit neighbors to see everything we can not have havenot fun.. and wait wait wait for breeding and hatching times to expire so we can wait all over agin for dragons we dont want. again not fun. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE IS THE FUN!!!

shineva, but the timers ar the same for everyone until TeamLava decides to experiment. So are you suggesting shorter timers for our platform Kindle since we have fewer dragons?

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 11:48 AM
(...)visit neighbors to see everything we can not have havenot fun..(...)

We deleted most of our neighbors before server reset and only have 6 now...2 iOS, 2 Android (our other accounts), 2 Kindle and Stormie. The iOS neighbors said we don't have to visit, so theyy are our neighbor s to support equality :)

shinava
06-03-13, 11:54 AM
actually i think these wait times are too long for everyone. i also believe that tbese long wait times are intentional so many of us . will buy gold to speed up process. whats fun about waiting hours or days for unwanted dragons. i would like a cancel option. if i had . it i would cancelmy 8 hour breeding. players who spend money to speed up process still would. . i do not get daily bonus. and what is so fun about all the waiting for fails? i dont mind waiting some but tbe length of time in this game is ridiculous. other tl games have much shorter waiting times why not rhis . obe? andoptions to cancel things in process. exbakery story. if you start cooking something that you changedyour mind about or accidentally picked wrong item you can cancel it anx start over. why not be able tocancel a breeding and start over?

shinava
06-03-13, 12:11 PM
WANT updated version so i can craft dragons get same decor and dragons other players have and be able to collect daily bonuses . would like version that has spells and gems

glitterbabies
06-03-13, 01:28 PM
it seems the latest pleasure of playing on kindle is that when you reach level 55 it removes the option of buying 120 gold pieces. I can now only buy 250+ which I refuse to do.

I get some good dragons and have quite a few super rares/rares but it is frustrating knowing there are so many that I don't even have a shot at simply because TL is ill-equiped to update the Kindle version.

cortnylyn
06-03-13, 01:33 PM
Odd this topic thread has been changed from "updates for kindle fire" to Kindle Fire Parity"

I wish we could craft as well. I wish we could get a great update, till then I have stopped playing DS for while since I went board on it. I shall keep to BS/FS/RS for now :)

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 02:26 PM
Odd this topic thread has been changed from "updates for kindle fire" to Kindle Fire Parity"

I wish we could craft as well. I wish we could get a great update, till then I have stopped playing DS for while since I went board on it. I shall keep to BS/FS/RS for now :)

Updates to Kindle Fire" was merged with this older thread. As others have said there will be no more updates for Kindle. Resources are limited [all used for iOS].

innamoramento
06-03-13, 03:08 PM
Updates to Kindle Fire" was merged with this older thread. As others have said there will be no more updates for Kindle. Resources are limited [all used for iOS].

Where do you get this information from ?

shinava
06-03-13, 03:13 PM
where did you find info that there will not be any kindle fire updates for DS

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 03:15 PM

Forum members :) like someone said the last game ported to Android was Monster Story, IIRC, and the updates Android get are dragons, habitats and new goals for new dragons. Kindle was last updated October 2012. some Kindle players buy gold so where does the money go? who gets new features?

innamoramento
06-03-13, 03:24 PM
Forum members :) like someone said the last game ported to Android was Monster Story, IIRC, and the updates Android get are dragons, habitats and new goals for new dragons. Kindle was last updated October 2012. some Kindle players buy gold so where does the money go? who gets new features?

Forum members are speculating and guessing. Nobody knows for sure.
Amazon app store is part of Kindle problems to get updates. As for Android parity, this is for another thread. Stay on topic please.

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 03:26 PM

where did you find info that there will not be any kindle fire updates for DS

[COLOR=PURPLE]They will never directly tell us they arent updating Kindle...or they have updates but Amazon hasnt approved them...or they missed a deadline because iOS got 95% and Android got 5% of the attention.

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 03:27 PM
They will never directly tell us they arent updating Kindle...or they have updates but Amazon hasnt approved them...or they missed a deadline because iOS got 95% and Android got 5% of the attention.

closed color tag

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 03:35 PM
Forum members are speculating and guessing. Nobody knows for sure.
Amazon app store is part of Kindle problems to get updates. As for Android parity, this is for another thread. Stay on topic please.

Kindle was being updated with Android until 2012 and this thread was started in 2012, so we are on topic ;)

Baraze
06-03-13, 03:38 PM
I've just purchased a 32gb iPod touch on amazon, for $209. Go get one while you have the chance. I took the plunge, for the sake of my lackluster android account. Well........also for my old iPod turning grey and slow. *ducks head and runs*

hamadrys
06-03-13, 03:39 PM
If Android and Kindle were the same topic, there would just be 1 thread now, wouldn't it ?

hamadrys
06-03-13, 03:40 PM
I've just purchased a 32gb iPod touch on amazon, for $209. Go get one while you have the chance. I took the plunge, for the sake of my lackluster android account. Well........also for my old iPod turning grey and slow. *ducks head and runs*

Good for you Baraze !!!

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 03:56 PM
If Android and Kindle were the same topic, there would just be 1 thread now, wouldn't it ?

Yep, but again, the 2013 Updates to Kindle thread was merged with this 2012 thread. Not our doing.

Baraze
06-03-13, 04:01 PM

Kindle uses android, but here they are like two different entities. My daughter has a kindle and I'm always wondering why the items an android phone gets, isn't pushed to the kindle. The semantics always go over my head so I go back to my ipad and leave the confusion to the smart people.

kooky panda
06-03-13, 05:04 PM

Yep, but again, the 2013 Updates to Kindle thread was merged with this 2012 thread. Not our doing.
Please do not post and spread false information on the threads .
There has been no word of kindles not getting any future updates .

Also no threads were merged. I did change the title of this thread from Kindle updates to Kindle parity so Kindle players will also have a thread to post on for more than just talking about the updates .

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 07:53 PM

Hi how about a report to us about ANY progress at all ,please?

Not to get on your case but those updates don't usually apply to us at all. So how about an update just for us for once, think you all can handle that.

And of course I got ignored, probably because you have NOTHING for us,am I right!!!!

Pages of this since December to now June and not one "we're working on bringing Kindle up to date" from them.

2 months from now will be a year since Dragon Story was released to Android and Kindle...if we don't have a full feature and content update, maybe TeamLava should apologize to Kindle players on August 7, 2013, please?

HenryLucky1
06-03-13, 09:01 PM
I think Kindle is same with another android devices! They have same OS, same Touchscreen, and the most important thing, they run same application format, APK

Kindle user must be know what I mean with that bold & underline sentence...

Sorry, if my words hurt you or make you angry, I don't mean to be rude :D

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 10:20 PM
I think Kindle is same with another android devices! They have same OS, same Touchscreen, and the most important thing, they run same application format, APK

Kindle user must be know what I mean with that bold & underline sentence...

Sorry, if my words hurt you or make you angry, I don't mean to be rude :D

I tried to send PM but this keeps popping up - This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.

Some of us know what you mean but so many players don't.

shinava
06-03-13, 11:14 PM
hi kooky. thanks for your response regarding the spreading of false information. i was very upset when i heard that no updates would occur for kindle users. i want updates like all other kindle players. hopefully they will come soon. it is frustrating enough just hoping for updates. but it is more dscouraging to be led to believe that none are coming.

KindleFire083
06-04-13, 12:41 AM
honey please...anyway, ask Genie dragon to grant 3 wishes and when you wake up Kindle may be updated :)

glitterbabies
06-04-13, 08:00 AM
hi kooky. thanks for your response regarding the spreading of false information. i was very upset when i heard that no updates would occur for kindle users. i want updates like all other kindle players. hopefully they will come soon. it is frustrating enough just hoping for updates. but it is more dscouraging to be led to believe that none are coming.

It's more than frustrating when you consider that Kindle hasn't been updated since October 2012. That's 8 months ago. IOS/Android users have gotten how many new versions of DS in that time and how many new dragons and features?

Add on that TL is now removing 1st Gen dragons which are basically all kindles users can obtain and yeah.....more than frustrating.

roni122285
06-06-13, 06:51 PM
So I've been trying to visit my neighbors today and just noticed that out of 15 neighbors I have been able to to see 6. I just found out yesterday that all ios got the quest outpost this week. Which explains My force closing issue today. I wish they had fixed this before releasing it to all ios users or at least given us an update so that we wouldn't be having this issue.

Lindsey608
06-08-13, 04:34 PM
AH, that explains it. I had a feeling that's why I suddenly started crashing on 90% of neighbors. How sad they keep knocking down this game little by little for us kindle players. :(

glitterbabies
06-09-13, 11:05 AM
AH, that explains it. I had a feeling that's why I suddenly started crashing on 90% of neighbors. How sad they keep knocking down this game little by little for us kindle players. :(

makes you wonder if they aren't attempting to phase us out and/or force us to get a different device if we want to keep playing. It's sad really because kindle fire is an excellent device and the amazon store offers a free app every day so it's very user/customer friendly that way.

luna5231997
06-10-13, 05:10 PM
I know same here. I hate how it keeps crashing. My social rating has gone down from almost a 4 to a 2 since I can't visit. Possibly IOS gives them the most money and and so TL gives them all these cool features. TL just doesn't like us because we aren't willing to throw our wallet or parent's wallet at them. The number of dragons on kindle fire has gone down to 76 while IOS has like 100+ I'm think of calling quits on this game :(

luna5231997
06-25-13, 04:35 PM
They listened! I just got an update and I have mostly everything :)

kooky panda
06-25-13, 05:11 PM
Yeah!! Here is a current thread on the new update.
Kindle update : version 1.0.7.4 (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?54061-Kindle-update-version-1-0-7-4)

mamajanjan
06-30-13, 09:42 AM
How do u get the update without losing everything????

kooky panda
07-15-13, 05:46 AM
How do u get the update without losing everything????
When you do an update , you do not lose your current game progress.

perky0203
07-26-13, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the recent update, but it's so small compared to the bigger picture. As a kindle User, I still do not have a lot of the missions and goals as the android and iOS, have yet to get the storage option, dragon album, the craft shop,

perky0203
07-26-13, 08:31 PM
Sorry! I was cut off! The general idea is that with this update, kindle users are still very far behind our android and iOS counterparts. We are missing another dimension of the game! I'm very glad that a lot has been updated, but in the grand scheme of things, it was very minor.