PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Stockpile Contest

tiggerhobbes
12-20-12, 08:56 PM
Are you out of goal and silently toiling in the background to aimlessly stockpile?

It would be nice to have recurring market goals, but alas, TL isn't answering our prayers.

So how about we come up with our own contests? Like the market goals there is no significant reward except for the pride and satisfaction of having achieved something and the forum bragging rights.

Here's how it works: I start off with an item, players who wish to participate come to this thread to report their current stock count . In 3 days we come back to announce how many we have collected within this period. The player who collected the max number of the said item wins the contest; the winner gets to name the next stockpile item. Admirers may befriend the winner and pay tribute by sending a free gift (optional.)

If there's no interests I will quietly go away and sulk in the corner ;_; If this breaks forum rules I will wear a dunce hat while I stay in the said corner.

One last thing, I would suggest we stockpile somewhat rare items that require some levels of crafting(lanterns, glue, blocks, beams, etc); as opposed to something useless (cow hides, magic fruit.) We should also avoid items that is dependent on gem animal/trees (apples, orange, wool, etc) to give everybody a fair chance. Although it could be fun to see who can collect max coins in 3 days as there are so many ways to get coins and it becomes somewhat strategic ... (though at this point coins seem pretty useless.)

Game? I will start. Will start it off with builder's paste. I currently have 4, will see how many I can get in 3 days.

And it starts ... NOW!

nokkha
12-20-12, 09:24 PM
Ok game's on!!! I currently have 3 builder's paste ^__^
If this doesn't work I'll go sit with ya in the corner Tigger ;)

midnightmeerkat
12-20-12, 09:46 PM
Midnightmeerkat = 4 builders paste. Snowyhillz = 5 builders paste

longislandny
12-20-12, 11:17 PM

Love it! I have 4

maguar
12-20-12, 11:18 PM
This is a pretty cool idea. I've currently got 2.

Now I wish I hadn't run my wood and sap stockpile down doing fancy beams.

rengirl1978
12-20-12, 11:25 PM
I'll play!

I have 2!

midnightmeerkat
12-20-12, 11:33 PM
This is a pretty cool idea. I've currently got 2.

Now I wish I hadn't run my wood and sap stockpile down doing fancy beams.

Yes my sap is down as well

sluppies
12-20-12, 11:38 PM
Cool idea I have 6!!!! Will have a bash but this being nearly christmas, and no I'm not Santa, is my busiest time work wise. Still who knows?

wassupbaby
12-21-12, 01:59 AM
Well, since there's nothing better , i'll play. Currently : 11 and low on sap and wood :(

tiggerhobbes
12-21-12, 05:42 AM
LOL I feel a little intimidated with all the fast pace players on board :-)

I will still fight you guys toe to toe though, watch out!

I'm also low on sap and wood. I don't think I ever recovered since Thurston's. And I have no GD reserve. @_@

Anyway ... bring it on guys/ gals.

puffindutch
12-21-12, 06:35 AM
My mini goal is 50 of the basics and 10 of bigger items, seems never ending!!

drgness
12-21-12, 06:37 AM
I have 3 and weather permitting will be travelling tomorrow and the day after, but what the heck :-)

kooky panda
12-21-12, 06:38 AM
Looks fun, but since this is a game, moving to the Game forum.

maguar
12-21-12, 12:19 PM
LOL I feel a little intimidated with all the fast pace players on board :-)

I will still fight you guys toe to toe though, watch out!

I'm also low on sap and wood. I don't think I ever recovered since Thurston's. And I have no GD reserve. @_@

Anyway ... bring it on guys/ gals.

How many did you have at the start?

wassupbaby
12-21-12, 03:14 PM
How many did you have at the start?

He started the game :D he has 4

maguar
12-21-12, 03:33 PM
He started the game :D he has 4

Thanks

scottyhaha
12-21-12, 04:35 PM
I haVe 6

tiggerhobbes
12-21-12, 07:19 PM
LOL, I've never kept my potion shop so busy before. And my tree sap ran out for the first time. I feel like I've graduated from beginner to the old hat class in this game :p

wassupbaby
12-22-12, 02:19 AM
I got 4 after 1 day . How you doing pp ;)

wassupbaby
12-22-12, 02:25 AM
Just bought bunch of willow tree to play. Bring it onnn ;))

cast1532
12-22-12, 02:29 AM
I have seven in the storage but in four hours I will have 8.

tiggerhobbes
12-22-12, 02:51 AM
I have a total of 5 B'sP so far, so only increased by one. But slowly stockpiling superglue. Can't seem to get enough tree sap soon enough and hated to leave the potion shop idle...

I think I still have a chance though :p

tiggerhobbes
12-22-12, 10:07 PM
Alright, we have 22 hours left. How are you guys/ gals doing?

I now have 8 builder's paste and have some super glue brewing in the shop :-3 Dying to build more windmills and replace some other town buildings, but for sport I will wait until the contest is over.

wassupbaby
12-23-12, 02:39 PM
Currently i have 7 just because i built 3 theaters and 1 windmill yesterday. So i made 8 B's P then ...
Btw: i suggest we should move this topic back to CS because this contest is specified for CS's players and here is like more general games.

midnightmeerkat
12-23-12, 04:40 PM
My final totals are

Midnightmeerkat = 13. Made 9

Snowyhillz = 15. Made 10

maguar
12-23-12, 05:08 PM
I've got 25 as I was lucky enough to get it two days in a row from adventures.

tiggerhobbes
12-23-12, 08:04 PM
Haha, I now have 11 BP with one still brewing in the potion shop. Glad I checked in with you guys because I didn't have a chance! So much for contemplating speeding it and my castle up with gems (just kidding. I wouldn't do that even if it was an official contest.)

Shall we wait 24 hours to see any other contestants sign back in to report? Looks like Maguar won by a very very large margin.

Maguar: 25 - 2 = 23 made in total

Snowyhillz = 10

MidNightMeerkat: = 9

tiggy = 11 - 4 = 7

wassupbaby = ______??

Nokkha? longislandny? sluppies? Anyone else? :D

tiggerhobbes
12-23-12, 08:07 PM
Btw: i suggest we should move this topic back to CS because this contest is specified for CS's players and here is like more general games.

I agree, I wish it stayed in the CS forum too, it would probably have more participants and peanut gallery and community feel. Right now it's hard for me to look up the thread and I started it @_@ :p

tiggerhobbes
12-23-12, 08:11 PM
BTW, Maguar, here's your chance to name your prize (free gifts) if you want new neighbors to send their tributes :p

I'll let you decide what's next, for how long, when do we start, etc :-)

maguar
12-23-12, 08:14 PM
Oops. Sorry my original figure was supposed to be 3. As I said I was lucky with adventures. Also the fact that I had stockpiled superglue.

I think we should wait for the others to report in.

maguar
12-23-12, 08:20 PM
BTW, Maguar, here's your chance to name your prize (free gifts) if you want new neighbors to send their tributes :p

I'll let you decide what's next, for how long, when do we start, etc :-)

If we haven't heard from the others within 8 hours I'll announce the next stage.

I don't think we should start until Christmas is over so we'll start in about two days.

midnightmeerkat
12-23-12, 08:37 PM
I agree, I wish it stayed in the CS forum too, it would probably have more participants and peanut gallery and community feel. Right now it's hard for me to look up the thread and I started it @_@ :p

Yes I agree too.....

midnightmeerkat
12-23-12, 08:42 PM
If we haven't heard from the others within 8 hours I'll announce the next stage.

I don't think we should start until Christmas is over so we'll start in about two days.

Good idea! Also can we have it in to castle story forum as we will get more interest and this is specifically for castle story

maguar
12-23-12, 09:25 PM
All games (even uber good ones directly related to TL games like this one) need to be be in the games sub forum.

To get more interest for the game I'd suggest the following:

Post on your profile wall and direct people here
Post on your game wall and direct people here
If you think a neighbour will be interested post on their wall and direct them here

rengirl1978
12-24-12, 02:13 AM
I am up to 4 Builder's Paste!

maguar
12-24-12, 03:16 AM
I'm going to announce the next thing a bit early (tired from Christmas preparations). The next item will be enchanters essence.

We'll start in approx two days (just after Christmas) and give our starting counts then. This will give everyone time to celebrate with family and friends AND a chance to stockpile the ingredients. I figure this will help us to have a closer competition.

kara_71
12-24-12, 04:07 AM
I sooo want to do this!! Looking forward to it! Glad next stage will be held off until after Christmas :0) Trying to look up the link was rather difficult I must say.. Need to find easier way for more player participation. It would be exciting! :0)

tiggerhobbes
12-24-12, 04:31 AM
Thanks maguar, I'm just going to work on restocking GD and water then :p~

maguar
12-24-12, 04:49 AM
Thanks maguar, I'm just going to work on restocking GD and water then :p~

And don't forget the mermaid scales as well

maguar
12-24-12, 04:49 AM
I sooo want to do this!! Looking forward to it! Glad next stage will be held off until after Christmas :0) Trying to look up the link was rather difficult I must say.. Need to find easier way for more player participation. It would be exciting! :0)

Maybe I should have directed them to the name of the thread in the off topic (games) forum?

tiggerhobbes
12-24-12, 04:58 AM
And don't forget the mermaid scales as well

Currently maxed out :p This one I do think I have some advantage. I started out with low tree sap and no GD when I called the BP's contest, in the spirit of "fairness." But all gloves are off this round ^____^

BTW, do you take new neigbors for tributes and if so, what gift do you want?
Maybe winners can announce whether they accept new neighbors and if so, what gift they wish to receive.

maguar
12-24-12, 02:01 PM
Honestly I'be got more neighbours than I can currently visit. I feel so bad about not being able to visit daily that I don't feel right taking on board anymore. But thanks for the thought.

And that's a very nice advance you've got for this round :)

tiggerhobbes
12-24-12, 06:57 PM
Honestly I'be got more neighbours than I can currently visit. I feel so bad about not being able to visit daily that I don't feel right taking on board anymore. But thanks for the thought.

And that's a very nice advance you've got for this round :)

Aww thanks. Just goes to show I still have rooms to improve in my game play strategy. All those mermaid scales going to waste ...

Got my first shard this morning! attention diverted to collecting stones and wood now. Hopefully i'll finish that goal in time to help me collect water (and more mermaid scales...)

nokkha
12-24-12, 09:52 PM
Umm took me forever to find the thread..lol... And wow Maguar, good job!!! I only have 9 ;) can we do next one on CS board? Just to make it easy to get to...please... :)

maguar
12-24-12, 10:08 PM
Umm took me forever to find the thread..lol... And wow Maguar, good job!!! I only have 9 ;) can we do next one on CS board? Just to make it easy to get to...please... :)

Sorry but all games need to be in the forum games section not the games discussion.

If you go to advanced reply you will see an option "subscription". This will notify you about changes to the thread. You will also be able to see it in the subscription part of your notifications. Alternatively you can add it to the bookmarks in your browser.

blurbie
12-24-12, 10:09 PM
Rats! I saw this too late! I love checking out Maguar's wall and somehow just missed it! (Rats!)
Well, I have 1 builder's paste (yay for me!) Shoot, let us know exactly when is the next one, please?

maguar
12-24-12, 10:11 PM
Rats! I saw this too late! I love checking out Maguar's wall and somehow just missed it! (Rats!)
Well, I have 1 builder's paste (yay for me!) Shoot, let us know exactly when is the next one, please?

I didn't have the notice up until after this one. Just didn't think to put it up. The next one will be starting after Christmas. It's going to be with enchanters essence so start stockpiling ingredients. Check the thread again in a day or so for the official commencement.

blurbie
12-24-12, 10:13 PM
I'm going to announce the next thing a bit early (tired from Christmas preparations). The next item will be enchanters essence.

We'll start in approx two days (just after Christmas) and give our starting counts then. This will give everyone time to celebrate with family and friends AND a chance to stockpile the ingredients. I figure this will help us to have a closer competition.

Starting Dec. 26, then? We can have ingredients but not making enchanters essence til then?

maguar
12-24-12, 10:16 PM
Starting Dec. 26, then? We can have ingredients but not making enchanters essence til then?

It will be dec 26 for half the world and the 27th for the other half. I haven't gotten around to doing the timezone conversion yet (too lazy after Christmas lunch).

I thought it would be nice to give everyone a couple of days to get ingredients before starting. That way it becomes a more even playing field. Don't start crafting before it officially starts as they won't count.

nokkha
12-24-12, 10:45 PM
Thanks Maguar. So are we staying with this thread on the next one?

Also, it's 12.45 am on Dec. 25 here in Florida ^___^ it should be afternoon time in Aus. Right? ;)

tiggerhobbes
12-24-12, 10:50 PM
Wherever you are, merry christmas and happy be'earlied boxing day! :D :D :D May you get lots of glimmer dust and mermaid scales under your tree!!

maguar
12-24-12, 11:00 PM
Thanks Maguar. So are we staying with this thread on the next one?

Also, it's 12.45 am on Dec. 25 here in Florida ^___^ it should be afternoon time in Aus. Right? ;)

I'd say stay on this thread. Keeps it all tidy.

It's 4pm where I am at the mo.

Merry Christmas to you

nokkha
12-24-12, 11:14 PM
Merry Christmas to you as well !! :)

maguar
12-26-12, 03:36 AM
Enchanter's Essence - Stockpile Start

Once again we'll run this for three days (72 hours).

To start with I have 46.

Good luck to everyone :)

tiggerhobbes
12-26-12, 03:55 AM
Checking in!

Starting with zero, lol! good luck everyone ;-)

blurbie
12-26-12, 06:34 AM
I have 8 before we started.

alya1001
12-27-12, 09:41 AM
I am starting with a little delay, currently I have 5. Happy enchanting, everyone!

tiggerhobbes
12-27-12, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the contest alya~

Hopefully that means I won't end last :p~ I need to stop using them up as I make them >__<

blurbie
12-28-12, 03:41 AM
So we have 24 hours left, yes?

maguar
12-28-12, 03:52 AM
Yeah that's about right.

Don't know about you but I'm running so low on scales.

tiggerhobbes
12-28-12, 04:41 AM
I'm actually held back by GD, as usual.

I have 6 red mushroom patches, more often than not I get zero GD out of them :-(

But my scales went from 99 in the beginning of the contest to 38 (and I've been collecting them as I play) so I still made a lot.

Glad I won't have mermaid's scale going to waste for the next little while ^__^

Now, the question is, if I made E'sE but used them to build beams and blocks, do they still count towards the contest ......... :p

blurbie
12-28-12, 10:40 AM
I should think so. You can't make enchanted beams without it.

Finding scales is similar to glimmerdust, about 1:4 ratio. But ponds take longer than wells to refill.

My mushroom circles seem to do better when placed on the periphery near the mist. Also, when you **** critters, they are sometimes gifting glimmer and replacing the energy used in ****ing them, so it is worth tackling them first, and is not counter- productive.

Were we only able to catch that elusive mermaid, I would borrow a somewhat large patch of scales but make her a few apple pies for her trouble...

blurbie
12-29-12, 03:13 AM
I am finished. I have 48 Enchanter's Essence but started with 8, so I have made a total of 40. I couldn't talk my neighbors into joining us, so I am curious how it went.

Also, I can't wait to see what we do next!

tiggerhobbes
12-29-12, 03:39 AM
LOL, how oh how did you manage that!

I've made 29 so far and got two more in the potion shop brewing, and still have enough ingredients to make 3 more, but looks like I may run out of time. Still, even if I didn't run out of time I'm no where near 40, and I thought I had a head start with 99 MS!!

Definitely feel humbled ^__^

blurbie
12-29-12, 04:24 AM
Well, we had a warning so I got 99 of each ingredient just in time to start. I happened to notice at 2am my time zone, that Maguar officially had started, so I put 2 essences going at all times and refilling scales and glimmer by drawing water and chopping mushrooms. That is, til about 30, when I couldn't keep filling ingredients that fast any more. Then it became draw water and chop mushrooms with each energy til there were 5, then pop them into the potion shop.

Basically, I was up nights for Christmas and kept an eye on my kingdom every hour possible. When I started sleeping and having family time, I could no longer carry the pace. ��

maguar
12-29-12, 04:31 AM
Well I think it really paid off for you. I ended with 85. So I crafted 39. So close and yet so far.

We'll give it a few more hours to see if anyone else checks in. If no one does blurbie gets to choose the next conditions.

tiggerhobbes
12-29-12, 04:43 AM
Please someone check in, I don't mind not winning, I just don't want to end last :p~

BTW, this is just like my favorite game -- Calvin-ball XD (check out calvin and hobbes)

blurbie
12-29-12, 05:04 AM
Whoa!! 39 is so close! My sons told me to make it an even 40. Whew, that is close! When we are starting with full ingredients and production takes a set amount of time, the final tallies will be very close.

What do you think? Should we stockpile bread? Or fancy beams?

tiggerhobbes
12-29-12, 05:10 AM
LOL, with your rate of production we might have a few players maxing out on inventory limit if we did bread or FB :) I guess we can manage that by "using up" the product in other recipe and still count whatever produced during that time.

I'll be in big troubles if we did bread though, I just planted a field full of carrots >_< Will have to wait 24 hours before I can start planting wheat. >__<

blurbie
12-29-12, 05:40 AM
Funny! What if you add 5 plots so every 2 hours you can make a flour until the carrots are done.

Or we could make Golden Apples pie. I just got my third so collecting 10 could take awhile. ��

Other suggestions?

blurbie
12-29-12, 05:42 AM
We should take time to drum up participants and catch up on the neglected bits, perhaps? Then the carrots could finish, etc.?

tiggerhobbes
12-29-12, 05:45 AM
LOL, golden apple pie, you might need diamond dentures to chew through that :-)

Good points about sparing a few new plots for wheat only. In fact I bet if I store all my current plot and pull them out again they'll be ready for new cultivations again so it won't be an issue.

Now I want that gold apple pie recipe XD

blurbie
12-29-12, 05:53 AM
Oh, golden apple pie is too pretty to eat.

tiggerhobbes
12-29-12, 07:17 AM
I don't trust anything made by Ivy, pretty or not ^^;;;

BTW, blurbie, do you accept new neighbor? Happy to supply a tribute to concede my complete defeat :')

alya1001
12-29-12, 10:06 AM
Tigger, I think you are safe. I probably am last this time, as I only have 8. Now it's my time to be humble....

blurbie
12-29-12, 01:19 PM
I take new neighbors as I weed out non-playing neighbors. But no gifts are necessary, please! Somehow I can never gift back enough and get behind. I've taken to making a list so gifts can be returned in order.

That gives me something to suggest to TeamLava.

maguar
12-29-12, 02:18 PM
Ok so what timeframe blurbie were you thinking about to drum up other participants?

tiggerhobbes
12-29-12, 10:48 PM
*secretly stockpiles wheat and flour*

So what's next and starting when? :D :D :D

blurbie
12-29-12, 11:23 PM
Let's take 24 hours to get our neighbors to participate and start a bread challenge! What do you think?

maguar
12-30-12, 12:14 AM
You're the winner so you get to set the terms :)

blurbie
12-30-12, 01:37 AM
That's it, then, 24 hours and let's make bread. I am always out these days.

So let's do wheat, flour, and bread!

On a sad side note, my children have taken to stealing my phone so they can mess with my kingdom and leave notes on walls. My son bought energy with gems once, the little miscreant.

tiggerhobbes
12-30-12, 05:51 AM
LOL, everybody else is trying to child-proof their technologies, Steve Jobs made sure kids were the first testers and two years old know how to operate the devices XD Apple products should come with a child-warning label :-)

Do we START in 24 hours? Or is the clock ticking and the contest ends in 24?

blurbie
12-30-12, 10:37 AM
No, not started yet. Start in 12 hours. We go for 48 hours, 2 days on bread should be good.

blurbie
12-30-12, 10:47 AM
The last one started at 10:30 AM on the orange bar above the post, so that is in half a day.

blurbie
12-31-12, 12:07 AM
Checking what time it is.

tiggerhobbes
12-31-12, 12:18 AM
2 days sounds about right. I'm starting with a stock of zero just in case if I ran out of inventory space.

Let me know when :-)

blurbie
12-31-12, 03:42 AM
Let the Unofficial Bread-Stockpiling Contest Begin!!

Time to make as many loaves of bread in the next 2 days as you can!
We will end in 48 hours.

Please tell us how many you have to start with.
Then tell us how many you end with.

blurbie
12-31-12, 03:43 AM
To begin, I have 0 bread and am always out of wheat since the cooking caravan depleted my resources.

maguar
12-31-12, 03:49 AM
I've got 71 (had been stockpiling ages ago).

tiggerhobbes
12-31-12, 03:55 AM
Checking in; been stockpiling noodles for the Dark CAve so I'm low on wheat and have zero bread :D

I might beat Maguar for once, if only because of inventory capacity XD

Game's on! And thanks for sending wheat blurbie :)

blurbie
12-31-12, 03:56 AM
Haha! I saw that request and started laughing!

blurbie
12-31-12, 04:00 AM
I don't care if I win or not, I just am so happy I won't be running out of wheat, water, etc. any more! Some day I'll use it all but not for awhile! Funny thing, one neighbor cannot join because she is baking up a storm. I guess real pastries would be nice.

alya1001
12-31-12, 07:38 AM
I too am starting at 0 bread. I cannot seem to be able to have enough. good luck to all! And Happy New Year! Enjoy good health, good friends and always be happy!

tiggerhobbes
12-31-12, 08:06 AM
Welcome aboard alya!

Of course I don't care if I win, I just don't want to lose either. :p

Okay I'm kidding. I think we should sweeten ... or poison the pot. Like maybe the person who ended last has to perform a ritual sacrifice and slaughter their pet skunk or something :p

Oh, and happy NY everyone :)

blurbie
12-31-12, 12:55 PM
Glad you are here, Alya!

I am surprised that this is not the se mad scramble we had last time. Of course, wheat is dependable(unlike glimmer or scales) but I am surprised to find time to load up on other basics while waiting for bread. Is anyone else surprised?

maguar
12-31-12, 01:18 PM
As we have to use the kitchen to make the flour and the bread and that wheat is a guaranteed drop from wheat, it limits the energy needed to do this one.

midnightmeerkat
12-31-12, 03:28 PM
Peanut gallery checking in here. Heckle..... Heckle......

midnightmeerkat
12-31-12, 03:31 PM
I won't join this one as I am concentrating on lanterns and bingo/bubble seasons (to trigger gems quests)

blurbie
12-31-12, 06:15 PM
I have to quit Bingo and when I get past the next 3 bubble games I'm quitting that, too. It's fun to get the gems, but after awhile I stop. The bakery game is kind of fun, though!

We have been busy today and we'll be partying tonight so I fear the timing of this endeavor was not done properly. Sorry, everyone! My mistake! Hm. I think our final tallies may suffer because of that?

tiggerhobbes
12-31-12, 09:46 PM
I'm on a low carb diet so bread is tough on me :p

I'm doing what I can, but I also had to use my kitchen to reduce some of my other excess stocks.

Pruning my game list as well. I think I'm going to keep Restaurant and Bakery but stay with the 22/46 hours recipes for now, TL is eating up too much of my time and it's getting out of hands. Will keep CSM for now but only collecting for the time being. Not planning to tweak strategy or game play or decoration etc.

In the mean time, back to bread baking :p~~

blurbie
01-01-13, 03:09 AM
Happy New Year!

alya1001
01-01-13, 01:20 PM
Today it's a lazy day, when I catch up on sleep, so not much baking will go on. I am starting to be concerned with ending up last again....that would be a drag....but, so much to do, so little time! I agree with blurbie that life gets in the way of play sometimes!

maguar
01-01-13, 02:06 PM
Today it's a lazy day, when I catch up on sleep, so not much baking will go on. I am starting to be concerned with ending up last again....that would be a drag....but, so much to do, so little time! I agree with blurbie that life gets in the way of play sometimes!

Keeping in mind I can only get 28 before I max. Throw in the fact that I've spent a fair part of the last couple of days sleeping and that I'm back at work today . . . I'd say that there's a fair chance I could be last. Ca la vie

blurbie
01-01-13, 02:12 PM
I had no flour and scrambled to grow wheat first. I think you might do better than I am doing, Alya! Definitely won't have made 28 breads.

blurbie
01-02-13, 03:23 AM
Time is up!
Let's see how we all did!

blurbie
01-02-13, 03:27 AM
I started with 0 bread, 16 flour, and 99 wheat.

I finished with 20 bread, 1 flour, and 75 wheat.

maguar
01-02-13, 04:22 AM
I finished with 89 bread, 15 flour and 98 wheat. I think I started at 71 bread, 2 flour and about 30 wheat (mainly paid attention to my bread). Two more bread in the kitchen but as they've got an hour to go they're too late :(

blurbie
01-02-13, 05:12 AM
This isn't letting me reply.

tiggerhobbes
01-02-13, 05:12 AM
I'm back down to 16 bread, I actually made more (also have two loafs in the oven) but I had to make some breaded fish to reduce fish/ carrots stock (maxed out on hearty stew and carrots, had to churn out a few hearty feasts.)

I know I started the contest and everything, but I think I might have to take a break from it. Having goals to focus on is great but it also forces me to max out on other resources and I have to prioritize to work on reducing those while still staying in the game.

If this game continues I think I will probably play once a week and really give it my best, but in the mean time I need to make more sensible stock-management decision.

And they axed the tavern wheat request ;_; Think too many contestants are "taking advantage" of the system and caused a wheat shortage in the market? Oh, wait ...

blurbie
01-02-13, 05:13 AM
Oh! There!

YES bread in the oven counts.

blurbie
01-02-13, 05:16 AM
I see what you mean. But if the goal is maxing out on everything, it doesn't really matter to me how it happens. You are maxing out on lots of things at once from the sounds of it.

So are you doing dye and enchanted beams, architect's paste and everything?

maguar
01-02-13, 05:23 AM
I've been working a bit on everything. Generally items that are useful for buildings so not architects paste. Currently working my way through enchanted blocks/beams.

tiggerhobbes
01-02-13, 06:08 AM
I see what you mean. But if the goal is maxing out on everything, it doesn't really matter to me how it happens. You are maxing out on lots of things at once from the sounds of it.

So are you doing dye and enchanted beams, architect's paste and everything?

I think while I keep my kitchen busy with bread I ended up maxing out on a lot of raw material type resources like carrot and fish (well mushroom, eggs and milk is a no brainer, although for the first time I managed to run out of milk in this game.)

With the 30 energy limit we all have to prioritize, if I'm trying to maximize bread production I will have to reduce energy spent on collecting from resources, crafting in other buildings, etc.

I ended up doing a half ass job in the contest and also in inventory management. I don't mind letting my workshop and SirP idle once in a while in a special event, but running a contest twice a week is getting a little too much. I keep saying "I'll take care of the rock/wood/silver overstock situation once this contest is over, right now no energy," but then another contest starts, lol.

So I will probably sit out and only participate when I'm ready. Alternatively maybe we can reduce the contest frequency, running it once a week, say, Friday roll over time till Sunday roll over time, that way I don't feel like I'm rushing all the time and can prepare ahead.

Thoughts?

So anyway, who won? :D

blurbie
01-02-13, 06:24 AM
Sounds like a tie but if you look more closely, you see that Maguar had more wheat and flour so it was more set up for continuing stockpiling. Since this is a stockpiling game, I say M is ahead. But we have not heard from Alya yet. We should check her kingdom.

maguar
01-02-13, 02:32 PM
Your bread was done. Mine was still only dough so I concede defeat.

conniehsb
01-02-13, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=maguar;503712]I've been working a bit on everything. Generally items that are useful for buildings so not architects paste. Currently working my way through enchanted blocks/beams.[/QUOT

is this game ever going to be updated? and when will it happen? otherwise, I'm out! I've spent alot of time & money and hav e enjoyed Castle Story. But what does the future hold?

maguar
01-02-13, 09:04 PM
Yes it's going to be updated. Mhz has said that it will be soon but I don't know when. I know that like the other dates for this game it should be huge.

mamareader02
01-02-13, 10:01 PM
I,for one,will listen to the wise Maguar!:)

blurbie
01-02-13, 10:33 PM
Yay! I love this game!

alya1001
01-03-13, 05:51 AM
I started with 0 bread, 6 flour and lots of wheat. I finished with 14 bread, 1 flour and still lots of wheat. It looks like I am last again. This was fun, though....

blurbie
01-07-13, 08:37 AM
Ready for another round, anyone?

tiggerhobbes
01-17-13, 10:43 AM
I'm up for a round :) Let me know what's the target.

cityfan
01-17-13, 12:24 PM
I'm up for a round :) Let me know what's the target.
Can anyone join? Id like to give it a go....

puffindutch
01-17-13, 12:36 PM
I'll be up for it but please nothing involving wheat again. Think I am getting an allergy to the proxy stuff!!

nickerrs
01-17-13, 12:51 PM
I'd like to join.

maguar
02-14-14, 10:50 PM
Ok a couple of people are wanting to start this up again. This is what I'm thinking (feel free to let me know what you think):
* Start time about 2pm Monday TL TIME (about 8am Tuesday Queensland time)
* I'll announce the item at the start time
* People who want to enter post their current quantity
* We craft like mad
* Finish will be about 1pm Wednesday TL time
* People post their new quantity of the item
* Winner will be the person with the biggest increase in quantity

Notes: items collected from other sources (eg adventures, sir pig will count). Items used to craft other items in the competition period won't count. Winner gets bragging rights and can choose the next item and time period for another round.

From now until the comp starts I will accept nominations for the item. I am putting a veto items that require fruit, any crafting recipes locked by recent goals. This is so that people aren't excluded.