PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice on How To Progress?

Sefyre
12-20-12, 07:38 PM
Hey everyone! :)

Because of the forced update that happened early in November, my game in its earlier stages became a mishmash of old game info and new game info and because of this, I pretty much threw the goals out the window and never looked at them again. Right now, I kind of wish I hadn't done that as I am now kind of confused as to how to prioritize the things to do.

Do you think I could get some advice on progressing through the game?

My current situation is this:

- I'm about halfway past level 30
- I love collecting things and Dragons are no exception; I've pretty much been breeding, breeding, breeding ever since I reached level 5
- I have 17 habitats (one of them is a White Meadows for my singular Light Dragon)
- I have 47 Dragons - 10 unique Rares, 4 unique Super Rares, the rest Commons (and I have duplicates of most at the moment and I have 2 Album-related Dragons that I did not breed)
- Most of my Dragons are level 6ish - only my Life is at Epic
- I have cleared all of my main island

I would like to:

- continue breeding a collection of Dragons with some duplicates of certain Dragons in their younger forms
- decorate my island and make it look less congested and crowded and more... homey
- eventually breed myself a Diamond and more Light Dragons so I can do the other hybrids (won't get my hopes up for that Diamond, though, and that Diamond Dragon goal rather irritates me)

Some problems I am having (or will have):

- I am running out of habitat space though I know I can still sell off some Common hybrid Dragons to make space. I still have space on my island, but if I want to decorate, perhaps I need to leave some space untouched? Also, I don't want to have a 'rush hour' traffic jam problem where I fill in all the spaces and then can't move anything for a long time because they're stuck.

- In terms of expansion, I don't know where to start now that I'm finished with my main island. The 800K Bitter Bark on the upper island kind of scares me to be quite honest! Is there a 'better' place to do my first off-island expansion?

- I don't know how to prioritize things I ought to be doing.

Some questions:

- If I were to eventually breed one of every kind of Dragon, how much space would I have left over to keep duplicates? (so I know who I can keep duplicates of and who I should simply sell and release to the wild)

All that said, any ideas or comments or questions? :confused:

I guess the prospect of moving to another part of the island is a bit daunting (and very expensive) and I am afraid of making some poor choices that will affect my future progress. For example, I could have left alone the spot on the top island for some other time but instead, I stupidly expanded there and found the 800K Bitter Bark.

I want to keep breeding Dragons because seeing new Dragons (and old favorites) is a cheery thing... but I will surely run out of space and I would like to try to avoid the situation where I'm faced with selling off favorite Dragons before I am ready to because I stupidly bred too many Dragons (is that possible?).

Thanks for listening to my rambling thoughts and thank you in advance for any advice! :)

Sefyre
12-20-12, 07:44 PM
Edit: I REALLY NEED AN EDIT BUTTON!

Just wanted to say that where I have never bought any Dragons using Gold, I have occasionally sped up breeding before (and on the rare occasion, other things that can be sped up) so I could optimize the breeding and incubating times with my day to day schedule since I don't get to check my game too often in a day.

kwhales
12-20-12, 07:48 PM
First of all, do you have the trading den? If you do, do not sell your duplicates...trade them.

Sefyre
12-20-12, 07:57 PM
I don't... yet. :)

My initial goal was to breed as many of the basic colored hybrids as possible before 'moving on' to breeding other Dragons (this, obviously, has a flaw in the sense that not all Dragons want to come out when you're trying to breed them! LOL).

The Trading feature, I felt, was premature for my game in this sense because I was (and still am) struggling to keep up with my current Dragons (feeding them to epic levels) and current breeding (habitats, space, expansion, etc) and I haven't even gotten around to breeding any Light Dragons yet.

Also, if I traded my Dragons in and was able to later Craft, where would I have space to put the new Dragons is what my thought was, too, as my island is getting quite full.

Also (and this is simply my own preference and choice), seeing as how I have a lot of neighbors who play on a device different than mine, I'm just simply holding off on that feature until they can get it, too.

But yes, the Trading feature would be useful in regards to all these duplicates and triplicates, quadruplicates, etc that I keep breeding.

Sefyre
12-20-12, 08:00 PM
And a correction:

I said that the majority of my Dragons are level 6ish. My original uniques are; there are several duplicates that aren't.

profsink
12-20-12, 09:35 PM
I agree, get a Trading Portal if you're able. You will overflow your habitats (if you haven't already) and anything is better than the default 100 silver sale price.

Silver is the main problem you seem to have. Evolve your Super Rares first, they tend to earn the most. 800k Bitterbarks are everywhere off the main island, the direction you choose to expand into is an aesthetic choice.

Currently 35 habitats and... Let me think... Still 67 dragons for Android, but iOS has... 76? 8 Diamond breeds, if you only keep pure diamonds in diamond habitats that leaves 33*3, 99 slots for the remaining 65/74? That seems off. Even if you kept all 8 diamonds in diamond habitats, that's 27*3, 81 slots for 59/68 dragons.. Lots of room for doubles, then... But one less each week. Three less when the Pink/Diamond hybrid is released, unless part of the plan to give breeders room includes a Large Diamond habitat...

Anyway, in terms of priority, evolve money makers, grow buffbeets whilst visiting neighbors, expand in the direction you like until you find folderol you can afford to remove, and breed as your heart tells you.

nikky2012
12-21-12, 07:49 AM
Like profsink, start getting your money making dragons to epic. At least one epic dragon per habitat. That will help a lot with coins. I'm not sure if you said it but make sure all your habitats are large! (I always keep duplicates too for more money. Then sell when I don't need them.) Until I reached level 50 I had all my dragons jammed together. The only exception was I cleared two rows on the top island for my breeding den and nest and allowed myself to decorate there. Decorating takes time and room. I'd try to get more coins and attempt to save the decorating for later.

sweetstuff525
12-21-12, 07:55 AM
I just keep one dragon of each I have to epic .... The rest are babies ... When I'm trading them I feed the to 4 and trade

But like that I have room for new dragons and dont feel bad to trade them if they are high level

But I have plenty of room since I still don't have a diamond

chewytwix
12-21-12, 07:58 AM
I just keep one dragon of each I have to epic .... The rest are babies ... When I'm trading them I feed the to 4 and trade

But like that I have room for new dragons and dont feel bad to trade them if they are high level

But I have plenty of room since I still don't have a diamond

you'll get one soon!! :)

sweetstuff525
12-21-12, 08:00 AM
you'll get one soon!! :)

Thanks... I only got it in monster story... But monster story is boring since it only has couple of dragons

chewytwix
12-21-12, 08:00 AM
Hey everyone! :)

Because of the forced update that happened early in November, my game in its earlier stages became a mishmash of old game info and new game info and because of this, I pretty much threw the goals out the window and never looked at them again. Right now, I kind of wish I hadn't done that as I am now kind of confused as to how to prioritize the things to do.

Do you think I could get some advice on progressing through the game?

My current situation is this:

- I'm about halfway past level 30
- I love collecting things and Dragons are no exception; I've pretty much been breeding, breeding, breeding ever since I reached level 5
- I have 17 habitats (one of them is a White Meadows for my singular Light Dragon)
- I have 47 Dragons - 10 unique Rares, 4 unique Super Rares, the rest Commons (and I have duplicates of most at the moment and I have 2 Album-related Dragons that I did not breed)
- Most of my Dragons are level 6ish - only my Life is at Epic
- I have cleared all of my main island

I would like to:

- continue breeding a collection of Dragons with some duplicates of certain Dragons in their younger forms
- decorate my island and make it look less congested and crowded and more... homey
- eventually breed myself a Diamond and more Light Dragons so I can do the other hybrids (won't get my hopes up for that Diamond, though, and that Diamond Dragon goal rather irritates me)

Some problems I am having (or will have):

- I am running out of habitat space though I know I can still sell off some Common hybrid Dragons to make space. I still have space on my island, but if I want to decorate, perhaps I need to leave some space untouched? Also, I don't want to have a 'rush hour' traffic jam problem where I fill in all the spaces and then can't move anything for a long time because they're stuck.

- In terms of expansion, I don't know where to start now that I'm finished with my main island. The 800K Bitter Bark on the upper island kind of scares me to be quite honest! Is there a 'better' place to do my first off-island expansion?

- I don't know how to prioritize things I ought to be doing.

Some questions:

- If I were to eventually breed one of every kind of Dragon, how much space would I have left over to keep duplicates? (so I know who I can keep duplicates of and who I should simply sell and release to the wild)

All that said, any ideas or comments or questions? :confused:

I guess the prospect of moving to another part of the island is a bit daunting (and very expensive) and I am afraid of making some poor choices that will affect my future progress. For example, I could have left alone the spot on the top island for some other time but instead, I stupidly expanded there and found the 800K Bitter Bark.

I want to keep breeding Dragons because seeing new Dragons (and old favorites) is a cheery thing... but I will surely run out of space and I would like to try to avoid the situation where I'm faced with selling off favorite Dragons before I am ready to because I stupidly bred too many Dragons (is that possible?).

Thanks for listening to my rambling thoughts and thank you in advance for any advice! :)

Considering your level, I would emphasize expansion and having MORE dragons regardless of its type. I remember when I was lower level, I never had enough coins, so the trading portal and stuff is really not for you to trade rares yet. Get rid of the common dragons, but keep your rares so you can get more coins

Sefyre
12-21-12, 04:47 PM
I'm having problems quoting people so please excuse the lack of quotes.

@profsink, nikky2012, sweetstuff525, chewytwix:

Thanks so much for all of your comments and suggestions; I think you all are right on the money! :)

Yes, I forgot to say that I have the Large Habitats. :) I would REALLY be out of space and room without them. It was my compromise against expanding further because getting bigger habitats and blocking everything together was more coin-efficient (at the time) than expanding, waiting to expand, and then spending tons of coins to clear out the increasingly expensive obstacles. Basically, the obstacles were way more expensive than the larger habitats were.

Coins are definitely my challenge right now - especially since I don't get to check my game as often as I would like. I collect twice a day on busy days and more frequently when I'm off from work and stuff and so I'm pretty much forced to hoard the coins until I collect enough to complete ABC activity (like clearing or buying a new habitat, etc).

Will work on getting Dragons to epic level; been planting more food in preparation.

Given that I'm struggling with earning coins (or collecting them often enough), do Enchanted Farms make sense or should I keep my Farms at the Large size for now?

nikky2012
12-21-12, 04:51 PM
I'm having problems quoting people so please excuse the lack of quotes.

@profsink, nikky2012, sweetstuff525, chewytwix:

Thanks so much for all of your comments and suggestions; I think you all are right on the money! :)

Yes, I forgot to say that I have the Large Habitats. :) I would REALLY be out of space and room without them. It was my compromise against expanding further because getting bigger habitats and blocking everything together was more coin-efficient (at the time) than expanding, waiting to expand, and then spending tons of coins to clear out the increasingly expensive obstacles. Basically, the obstacles were way more expensive than the larger habitats were.

Coins are definitely my challenge right now - especially since I don't get to check my game as often as I would like. I collect twice a day on busy days and more frequently when I'm off from work and stuff and so I'm pretty much forced to hoard the coins until I collect enough to complete ABC activity (like clearing or buying a new habitat, etc).

Will work on getting Dragons to epic level; been planting more food in preparation.

Given that I'm struggling with earning coins (or collecting them often enough), do Enchanted Farms make sense or should I keep my Farms at the Large size for now?

I would wait a little bit. The food you plant from the enchanted farms is way more expensive. I use the diamondates (75,000 coins for 800 food.) But I have more coins than I need. Once you have extra coins then upgrade and use them. Otherwise what I did was planted the pumpkin food two or three times a day and towards the end of the day planted eliklites (sp?)

foxxiegirl
12-21-12, 04:57 PM
Agree with above poster. The new food gives more,but at a MUCH higher cost. We high lvls use it because the trade off of our time is worth it with the stack of coin we have.

Sefyre
12-21-12, 05:05 PM
I would wait a little bit. The food you plant from the enchanted farms is way more expensive. I use the diamondates (75,000 coins for 800 food.) But I have more coins than I need. Once you have extra coins then upgrade and use them. Otherwise what I did was planted the pumpkin food two or three times a day and towards the end of the day planted eliklites (sp?)

Agree with above poster. The new food gives more,but at a MUCH higher cost. We high lvls use it because the trade off of our time is worth it with the stack of coin we have.

Understood and I agree with both of your thoughts.

I'm planting pumpwings myself when I have a stretch of time and the Eliteleeks at night, too, and it works out all right. If I really have time and can watch my game consistently, I plant Buffbeets since if you can keep on track, you can reap more food per coin that way.

Thanks for the advice! :)

nikky2012
12-21-12, 05:06 PM
Understood and I agree with both of your thoughts.

I'm planting pumpwings myself when I have a stretch of time and the Eliteleeks at night, too, and it works out all right. If I really have time and can watch my game consistently, I plant Buffbeets since if you can keep on track, you can reap more food per coin that way.

Thanks for the advice! :)

No problem :)