PDA

View Full Version : New Island - Mount Magma levels 67 - 72

OpeningCeremony
12-19-12, 06:05 PM
wow just started and already stuck on level 68! feels crazy hard!! i think my fingers and mind don't move fast enough :p

CuddlyDragon
12-19-12, 06:06 PM
Haha! I hear ya. It has been cold where I live and cold fingers make Jewel Mania extra hard! :P

ngamp
12-20-12, 12:45 PM
How did you finish 67? Im stuck there and seems impossible....hate the time wired bomb. :(

sweetstuff525
12-20-12, 02:07 PM
How did you finish 67? Im stuck there and seems impossible....hate the time wired bomb. :(

Ugh I'm stuck there too

ngamp
12-20-12, 03:05 PM
Yay~~ I'm now on on 68 and you were right. 68 is crazy hard....come on!!! Why are the doom bubbles boxed? :(

digital_ghost
12-20-12, 05:19 PM
I hate that when some of them drop in you don't have very long before they explode.
68 is crazy hard >_<

OpeningCeremony
12-20-12, 05:36 PM
i've managed to make it all the way to level 72 which is pretty hard because you have to break 20 meters down in a certain time limit, but there are so many doom jewels to worry about, so you can't really focus on breaking the blocks.

the only way i got past all these levels was just getting lucky with the placement of the jewels. the key for me in level 68 was getting lucky and having NO matches, so the whole thing reconfigures and the doom jewels get placed out of the bottom corners, so i can more easily get rid of them. gotta just move as fast as possible to score lots of points. bc i was able to get them out of the boxes a few different times but didn't score enough points >.<

also in level 68, pay attention to the doom jewels that randomly drop in because they have a shorter time limit than the ones that are incased in the bottom corners.

nokkha
12-21-12, 06:57 AM
Level 70 is ****ing me!!! >_<'

finnth12
12-21-12, 01:06 PM
Yay~~ I'm now on on 68 and you were right. 68 is crazy hard....come on!!! Why are the doom bubbles boxed? :(

Me too on lvl 68 :(

OpeningCeremony
12-21-12, 02:42 PM
omg level 72 makes me want to throw my phone! i've gotten 17/20 meters but keep running out of time :(

ngamp
12-21-12, 04:17 PM
ME too.... The best I got was 16/20. And I could earn only 8 star on this island. crazy island!

OpeningCeremony
12-21-12, 05:14 PM
omg!! i just passed lvl 72 @_@ only got one star, but i'll take it! i literally had seconds left before i got the last block. PHEW!!

OpeningCeremony
12-21-12, 05:16 PM
omg!! i just passed lvl 72 @_@ only got one star, but i'll take it! i literally had seconds left before i got the last block. PHEW!!

OMG i spoke too soon. i think i might cry. so i reached the goal, but a doom jewel exploded before time ran out.. like 1 second left. i just realized i failed after looking back at the screen. i was too excited

nokkha
12-21-12, 11:21 PM
I got to 18 and time ran out!!! 72 is definitely ****ing me >__<

s_lynne
12-22-12, 02:54 PM
67 is driving me crazy. Those jewel bombs are insane.

Takiofallen
12-23-12, 01:00 PM
i have yet to make it to this new island but i will be ready for war

ngamp
12-24-12, 02:10 PM
OMG!!! I made it!!! This is Christmas miracle~~!! lol I didn't even notice if I made it at first, but I WAS at the finish line when time's up. Yay~! I guess the number of timed bomb is quite random though. Sometimes I have a lot from the beginning, and other times, I didn't have any for about 15 seconds.

OpeningCeremony
12-24-12, 07:46 PM
Woo hoo! I made it too yesterday :) working on beating it on my alternate account now. And I had some seconds to spare so I was nervous about a doom jewel blowing up again.

fitfunsparkle
12-25-12, 09:28 PM
I am on 67. I hate it lol! I have enjoyed the challenge of all of the other levels, but i don't like the doom jewels at all. I would like to focus on the block breaking but spend all my time on thse doom ones, which many times don't even have the countdown numbers in them so i have to guess the time. I might just decide that finishing on 66 was enough :)

nic1208
12-26-12, 08:49 PM
I think the hardest level is 67 and 72. Already 5 days at level 72 ����

ssyukiya
12-31-12, 06:23 AM
Any tips on level 70? I've been stuck for 2 days.....

OpeningCeremony
12-31-12, 11:45 AM
Any tips on level 70? I've been stuck for 2 days.....

for this level, and this whole island, you need to be mindful of the doom jewels and make sure you get rid of them before their timer runs out. but beyond that, for this level you need to focus on breaking the glass of the right two columns that are separated from the main area. the only strategies for this are:
-look for any vertical 3 in a row matches in those 2 columns
-focus on creating a blasting jewel that eliminates entire rows (jewels that clear horizontally) by going for the 4 in a row matches that run vertically. so basically, you are swiping a jewel to the right or to the left to match up 4 jewels. if you do a 4 in a row match that runs horizontally, by swiping a jewel up or down, then it will create the opposite type of jewel which will clear entire columns (vertically) and this is not helpful for reaching the right 2 columns
-lastly, you can combine a bomb and a row/column blasting jewel to clear out a huge area, it should clear out at least a couple of rows

so my point is, 3 in a row is great for breaking the glass in the main area but it won't help you break the glass in the separated area. so you gotta try for blasting jewels, bombs, or diamonds :)

ssyukiya
12-31-12, 03:30 PM
for this level, and this whole island, you need to be mindful of the doom jewels and make sure you get rid of them before their timer runs out. but beyond that, for this level you need to focus on breaking the glass of the right two columns that are separated from the main area. the only strategies for this are:
-look for any vertical 3 in a row matches in those 2 columns
-focus on creating a blasting jewel that eliminates entire rows (jewels that clear horizontally) by going for the 4 in a row matches that run vertically. so basically, you are swiping a jewel to the right or to the left to match up 4 jewels. if you do a 4 in a row match that runs horizontally, by swiping a jewel up or down, then it will create the opposite type of jewel which will clear entire columns (vertically) and this is not helpful for reaching the right 2 columns
-lastly, you can combine a bomb and a row/column blasting jewel to clear out a huge area, it should clear out at least a couple of rows

so my point is, 3 in a row is great for breaking the glass in the main area but it won't help you break the glass in the separated area. so you gotta try for blasting jewels, bombs, or diamonds :)

Woohoo!!!!! I just made it������, Ty for ur AWSOME tips, so helpful����

Snowlotus04
01-04-13, 10:47 AM
Finished this island not too long ago, level 70 was a pain, but 72 was even more painful! ****, can it get anymore challenging? Lol

nic1208
01-11-13, 08:43 PM
Finally......I just passed level 72, after 2 weeks!!!! Waiting for next level team lava....

fitfunsparkle
01-12-13, 12:01 PM
Finished last week, but this last island was my least favorite of all. Hate the doom jewels! Lol. I enjoyed all of the other levels though and hope to see more fun and challenging levels...without the doom jewels hopefully :) . Seemed to me the doom levels relied on luck over s****. I never bought any powerups to get thru because i didnt have enough gold.

mmilonga
01-16-13, 04:11 AM
Omg, level 67 was made by a sadist! If the doom jewel didn't explode you will run out of time. I have been trying to pass this level for 2 weeks now, playing about 12 times a day. And again 5 energies are gone, and i'm left frustrated. This game will give me a nervous breakdown one of these days. Why do they make it soooooo impossibly hard? Just to make money? Better to charge money for the game in the beginning but make it enjoyable, s**** building, and not a frustrating chore. I'm very close to deleting all team lava games, it's just no longer fun to keep running into a suggestion " you can buy your victory!"

ShadowZ81
01-16-13, 04:51 PM
This is BS!! I've spent 3 weeks on level 67, and finally broke all 43/43 glass panels...and a freakin doom bomb blew up a half a second later and it failed me!! Come on, really?? I had 1:17 left to play, all glass was broke, and I have jack squat to show for it. This is beyond bad programming, and I should be rewarded with that level being finished.

ShadowZ81
01-16-13, 04:55 PM
Oh, and another thing....you know how it gives you 10 seconds to "buy extra time" when you fail? The 10 seconds expired and it stayed on that screen. "39 gems to undo the doom jewel" it knew it screwed me over and wanted me to pay them $5 to pass the level. I'm so mad.

fitfunsparkle
01-17-13, 04:55 PM
Omg, level 67 was made by a sadist! If the doom jewel didn't explode you will run out of time. I have been trying to pass this level for 2 weeks now, playing about 12 times a day. And again 5 energies are gone, and i'm left frustrated. This game will give me a nervous breakdown one of these days. Why do they make it soooooo impossibly hard? Just to make money? Better to charge money for the game in the beginning but make it enjoyable, s**** building, and not a frustrating chore. I'm very close to deleting all team lava games, it's just no longer fun to keep running into a suggestion " you can buy your victory!"

That is how i felt about all of those last levels. As if they were made to force gem purchases in order to get through vs using s****. But i did make it thru without buying.

Nickirhi
01-19-13, 03:51 AM
Finally completed level 72, took some perseverance but so pleased I completed it!

Nickirhi
01-19-13, 03:55 AM
Completed all levels at last. Level 72 took the longest probably about 2 weeks but I was determined, kept getting so close but not quite there. Just so you know it's achievable I didn't spend a penny on extras! So happy

Dragon_cdk
01-19-13, 04:32 AM
A lot of this island honestly depends on getting some lucky drops, where the random blocks take out some doom jewels, or they at least let you havve triplets close to where you need to **** doom jewels (I hate havng my only matches be way on the other side of the screen). Level 67 was by far the toughest for me, but 68 was pretty tough and level 72 was third. On some of these you have to move quick and get a second triplet while blocks are still moving so it doesn't take away your chance to knock out a doom jewel. Anyway, didn't use any power-ups, so it is possible, although you may want to take a break and calm down some times. :)

mmilonga
01-25-13, 04:30 PM
So after i posted my original msg i passed 67 level on a third try. Was a complete surprise. But by that time i got pretty disappointed in the game. And didn't stress out too much on the next levels. Well, maybe just a little bit. By the time i got to 72 i remembered everything people said about it and thought to myself that it is impossible to pass it and that kinda removed the expectation and i just played it, and again and again. Very frustrating at times , as sometimes you don't see the doom jewel is even there when suddenly it explodes... And to my complete surprise i suddenly passed! Didn't even notice how, didn't get more than usual of the special jewels... Whats even more weird i passed with 3 stars! Oh, the irony. Weird because ALL the times before i never got more than 12 m down! So the message is this - it will happen eventually. Some people get lucky sooner than others, but it will happen eventually. Will not say " don't give up". If you want to give up and never return to this game - well done! One valuable advise i can give for ipad is use a stylus pen. A world of difference. Faster and makes it easier to see the whole board. Nothing is blocked by the hand. Good luck everybody!

Phaedrakiki
05-13-13, 07:03 PM
Here's another tip for Level 72 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49373-Level-72-is-eating-my-lunch....&highlight=Level+72).

Phaedrakiki
05-13-13, 09:44 PM
Someone asked about level 70 in another thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?51715-Jewel-mania-level-70-area-12), specifically about portals as well as the separated area to the right of the board. So I provided links to this thread, which has some great advice for that level (comment #22, pg. 3,) and to the Jewel Mania-basics (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41251-Jewel-Mania-Basics) "sticky", which has all-around good info. I wanted to add an additional tip*, so I'm putting it in this thread along w/some screen shots.

On glass levels, well...any level really, it helps to start off with optimal moves to save time/moves. For digging levels, flat (horizontal) matches against the dirt are usually best, so you can immediately start to dig. For glass, it's good to start with moves in hard-to-reach areas (like Level 70's rightmost 2 columns) and/or the bottom of the playing board.

In this photo, there's a green match that would be great to start with (red arrow.) That's because as the glass falls, new "extra" matches are often created above, which helps to clear glass without using additional moves.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/7ada3e32-f8cb-40b1-b210-decc1024313d_zps5edb10d1.jpg

Even better is a match in the separated area to the right, like the circled green match above, or the yellow match in the photo below. It starts clearing the glass in the harder to reach area, and causes jewels to flow through the portals (into the green & out of the red.) This can also create "extra" matches from all the moving jewels.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/f01d25f4-635a-4241-83a2-bb7c6366c2f8_zpsf3e5840c.jpg

Another optimal move is one that'll get rid of a doom jewel, like the one in the photo below.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/fbd4add3-8aeb-4544-a8fc-9ee5e043a110_zpsb925c905.jpg

(It would be even better if the match got rid of the middle (blue) doom jewel, with its shorter fuse/timer. You probably already know this, but the 10 or 15 means you have that many moves to clear the doom jewel--or it will detonate. On timed levels, the number denotes the amount of time you have, instead.) Not shown, but certainly optimal, are moves that create special jewels...

*A long way to go for the tip, lol! But anyway, if you start the level and you don't have at least one "good" move, pause, then restart that level. It shouldn't take an energy if you don't make a move. This gives you a tiny head-start, which might just make all the difference with so few allowed moves. So, find a great board to start with, make lots of special jewels & combos, keep an eye on the doom jewels...and beat Level 70! ;) Good luck!

Stormyrae562
05-14-13, 10:36 AM
But I still don't understand the portals. Sometimes when I make a match in the portal column, the jewels just slide down to the portal without going through. Other times - and these are much less frequent - the jewels will fall into the portal and come out in the 2 columns to the right. I don't understand what is making them fall or not all into the portals. Does this only happen if the match includes the jewel that's in the portal block? So unless you make a match using the jewel in the portal cell, no jewels will drop through the portal?

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 01:10 PM
The way I understand portals is this: if you clear jewels after a portal (under or to the right usually, though it varies by level,) the "filling-in" jewels go through the portal. In level 70, it looks like the only time jewels flow thru the portals is when jewels are cleared in those 2 separated columns. So, in that 2nd photo above, if you made that yellow match circled in green, you'd get gems going thru both sets of portals. If you made the circled green match in the first photo, jewels would only flow thru the first set (the green on main board & out red portal at top of first column of that rightmost section.) That's what it looks like to me, though it's been a long time since I've played that level.

I hope that makes sense/helps. If anyone has better information or clearer explanation, please do add it! I know others have had questions about these portals, too. Definitely confusing, lol! If no one else adds info & you still need clarification, I could try adding some diagram info to one of the pictures...

Stormyrae562
05-14-13, 04:09 PM
That helps a lot -thanks so much!

enaiowen
05-21-13, 05:45 PM
This is incredibly frustrating. Level 72 has been impossible. I have been stuck there for three weeks now. To make matters worse the time I was initially given when I first started on the level has *decreased* by over a minute. I was able to consistently make 17-18 meters down if I could avoid the exploding jewels but now I am lucky to get to level 12 before time runs out. What is the typical time on this level for everyone?

Phaedrakiki
05-21-13, 08:49 PM
Mine says 4:20 (to dig 20 levels.) I don't remember what it was back when I passed it, though (I'm stuck on another timed dig level right now--140.) Doom jewel levels are so frustrating, as are timed levels in general. Good luck to you! Being stuck on a level can drive you crazy...and I've been cuckoo many times with this game! ;)

Here's a photo of the level:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/081840f9-72f5-430a-b3be-15bbfa54f05d_zps1cb4e8da.jpg
I know you didn't ask for tips, lol. I'm adding this since I didn't find much for this level. This is actually just my basic "digging" strategy: One thing that helps is to start with visible horizontal moves flat against the dirt/bricks (like the match circled in pink,) or at least a couple of vertical moves that touch the dirt.This way you start digging right away, without wasting time making matches at the top. Other optimal starting moves are those that create special jewels, like blasters, bombs, and diamonds. If I don't see "good" moves when the level starts, I press "pause" then "restart" (the 1st round button with the arrow--it comes up in the menu after pressing pause.) This shouldn't take an energy if you don't touch anything...

You may already know this, but JIK: Special jewels and combinations make digging much faster. Especially a blaster + bomb, which are awesome for digging--and they're quick (for timed levels.) Special jewel combos also wipe out lots of doom jewels. Diamond + blaster's great on moves levels, but can sometimes eat up too much time detonating (depends on the level.) There's info about special jewels & combinations at the Jewel Mania-basics (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41251-Jewel-Mania-Basics) thread. I didn't know about "advanced combinations" back when I passed that level--wish I had, lol! Would've made everything much simpler...

The doom jewels can be pretty overwhelming, but try to mainly focus on digging. Keep the majority of your moves at the dirt level, keeping an eye out for special jewel opportunities and of course, doom jewels. Sometimes doom jewels will clear themselves when you make matches underneath them, so you don't always have to worry about them right away. How long are the timers on this level's doom jewels, anyway?

Well, wishing you "good luck" again!

bluebird5555
05-24-13, 11:07 PM
I'm stuck here too:(. Enough already!! I'm very frustrated that I can't power through it:-/!!

bluebird5555
05-25-13, 04:27 AM
Just got level 67....8 seconds to spare 168k+ points and LUCK like it was going out of style...whew!!! Took about 5 days!!!! Not an easy level....more luck than s**** and you better be focused and fast!!

bluebird5555
05-25-13, 04:28 AM
Thanks and VERY good advice!!

Phaedrakiki
05-26-13, 08:53 AM
There's a post about Level 68 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?52404-Level-68...Am-I-Getting-Ripped-Off), concerning how doom jewels can still ruin your game even if you've reached the points goal.

notyboynz
08-06-14, 01:24 AM
I completed all levels pretty easily BUT with no enough stars, I got 2 stars only with 69! Unable to get more stars with other levels despite dozens of attempts. What can I do to get more stars?

caroleaton
12-26-14, 07:13 PM
On level 68 ... Levels getting more difficult ... Glad to see others have gotten to much higher levels ... I'm not sure going to continue playing ... Seems everybody gets frustrated playing ...