PDA

View Full Version : Light Dragons on Android

jl0408
12-19-12, 03:21 PM
Now that a new element (pink) has been introduced (which I can't start on yet being on Android), I'm curious if I'm the only one on Android who still hasn't started breeding light dragons. Maybe I'm crazy for not starting on them already, but I put them off waiting for all the New Dawn features to come to Android and I'm still waiting. But I didn't want to miss out on the goals if I bred one that was part of a goal. I also had several older goals left to complete anyway. That was my logic when light came out. Plus I worked on getting a Fairy for 3 months and didn't need another element mucking up my odds.

I'm down to 3 goals left, Diamond, Super and Mirage so I could just focus on them and the other non-goal related original element dragons I'm missing. Or I could start working on light dragons. I'm not really sure what I should focus on now. But if Android gets the pink element any time soon I'll be way way behind.

foxxiegirl
12-19-12, 03:27 PM
Hey there:)
Goals will complete as long as you keep the dragon :) they are retroactive. Not sure if you knew this but just being helpful :)

tonguelashing
12-19-12, 03:28 PM
I have an Android tablet and I have 3 goals for the old DS, Diamond, Planet, and Wizard (I swear Wizard is as hard to get as diamond). Have never been able to breed any of these yet. But I'm trying a different diamond combination that includes light. So I would say, it's up to you. I think you should breed these dragons. When the goals come out, you'll have already accomplished them and they should (hopefully) just disappear after you click them. That's my logic.

I *am* holding off on the pink dragons. I understand that they will come out sooner for Android than the other features, but since they don't work exactly like Magic (the pink element can be broken into it's base parts fire/light on breeding a new dragon) I'm going to wait until I have the original goals done, then I will worry about the Pink dragons and goals.

tonguelashing
12-19-12, 03:33 PM
Also, you can take advantage of lower feeding costs for light, so use it up now!

jl0408
12-19-12, 03:42 PM
Hey there:)
Goals will complete as long as you keep the dragon :) they are retroactive. Not sure if you knew this but just being helpful :)

I know some goals are. But parts of goals like, where you have evolve a dragon aren't retroactive. I've seen many people complain about that on other goals. So I would have no idea which ones might be attached to an evolve type goal.

jl0408
12-19-12, 03:54 PM
I have an Android tablet and I have 3 goals for the old DS, Diamond, Planet, and Wizard (I swear Wizard is as hard to get as diamond). Have never been able to breed any of these yet.

I started on Planet last week and I have one in my nest today. I used epic coral/fire (it had a chance to give me Super as well). I was using charm/fire at first, but that didn't work.
I got a Wizard pretty quickly after I got the goal. I don't remember exactly, but I'm thinking it was just mid or higher level water/magic. Your Wizard sounds like my Fairy that took me 3 months of trying.

Cyclohexane
12-19-12, 04:52 PM
Now that a new element (pink) has been introduced (which I can't start on yet being on Android), I'm curious if I'm the only one on Android who still hasn't started breeding light dragons. Maybe I'm crazy for not starting on them already, but I put them off waiting for all the New Dawn features to come to Android and I'm still waiting. But I didn't want to miss out on the goals if I bred one that was part of a goal. I also had several older goals left to complete anyway. That was my logic when light came out. Plus I worked on getting a Fairy for 3 months and didn't need another element mucking up my odds.

I'm down to 3 goals left, Diamond, Super and Mirage so I could just focus on them and the other non-goal related original element dragons I'm missing. Or I could start working on light dragons. I'm not really sure what I should focus on now. But if Android gets the pink element any time soon I'll be way way behind.

There is no wrong way to play this game but there is some strategy to using light now.

I personally like the light dragon design better than others and even their cheap hybrids make decent coin. Fire pops out fast (5 hour fail) and big red rocks cheap and fast to make. Quick way to make cash to clear island and then build some extra light habitats (light habitats make more money than purple also). Then you sell extra habitats if out of room

Forest also has a fast hybrid fail (8 hr)

If not out of room, and if Android ever gets to craft, can quickly evolve them to lvl 4 then craft.

dseudr
12-19-12, 04:56 PM
I'm on android as well, and I suggest starting on the light dragons, they earn lots more coins and take pretty long to breed, plus they have huge appetites in iOS, so we might get that when the new dawn updates hit. The goals that are NOT retroactive are those that have conditions such as "feed a dragon" or "upgrade a farm" or "evolve a dragon". You can check all the existing iOS new dawn quests on the wiki. Cheers!

jl0408
12-20-12, 09:22 AM
Hmm now I see that I probably AM the only crazy person not to have started on light dragons. I upgraded my farms to Large, but not Enchanted so I know I should be fine there if I ever get that goal. If I start breeding light, maybe I could just level them up to level 4 or 7. Then I could still feed or evolve them later whenever those goals are brought to Android. That way maybe I wouldn't miss out on any possible rewards.

Cyclohexane
12-20-12, 10:16 AM
Hmm now I see that I probably AM the only crazy person not to have started on light dragons. I upgraded my farms to Large, but not Enchanted so I know I should be fine there if I ever get that goal. If I start breeding light, maybe I could just level them up to level 4 or 7. Then I could still feed or evolve them later whenever those goals are brought to Android. That way maybe I wouldn't miss out on any possible rewards.

What rewards? Quest rewards are minimal to nothing, a few coin and a few XP.

You will get way more XP and coin focusing on light. Quest rewards in all TL games are ridiculously useless. I complete them for fun, definitely not for the "reward".

I believe all the very high food costs come after level 7 (on ios I think its 45K food to go from 9 to 10). Do it now, if quests are so important, you can always delete and do again (to get your 50XP and 400 coin)...

This is the only edge Android players have. If we got all updates now, we would be way behind. But we have opportunity to go into updates with strong economy.

Then again, there is no wrong way to play. Have fun!

kwhales
12-20-12, 11:02 AM
Get your light dragons now...and epic them. your goals probably will be retro active....you never know when the food amount will go up and baby, do these dragons like to eat....so I would do it now and feed away.

jl0408
12-20-12, 01:30 PM
Thanks everyone, you've convinced me to go ahead and buy a light habitat. I'll have to wait until tomorrow when my nest is empty to buy a light dragon though.

I just hit level 48 and here I thought I was doing good with 11k coin and 31k food stocked up and all but the top 2 levels of the island cleared. But I guess I'm a lot more behind than I thought.

grandpajim
12-24-12, 01:41 PM
What's the combo 4light?

jl0408
12-25-12, 11:12 PM
What's the combo 4light?

It's not a combo. It's a single element, the white one. You buy it with coins like you do with air, fire, forest and water.