PDA

View Full Version : Android Users, Let's All Be Glad We're Late on the new Updates!

mistral88
12-18-12, 08:36 PM
Guess what, guys: it pays to be late on the updates. Now that the Pink dragons have come with the Virtue Dragon taking 66 hours to breed and hatch, it becomes harder to breed Laserlight and Tusker dragons, if you haven't.

I haven't any Tuskers yet.

Though it's a pain that we don't have Albums, Storage, and Crafting (effectively 9 breeds: Storm, Scarecrow, Ruby, Emerald, Virtue, Justice, Bubble, Flower, Kite), we should take note of this specific advantage: We know what's coming to us and we can prepare for it. We can start breeding Forestfires / Landworms to get those Large gems.

And the best thing about this is that we get additional 5 habitats in our habitat cap. Meaning, we don't have to worry about this update until it actually hits us. We can try to breed Fuzzy and Fire Dragons to try getting Super rare white+reds and forestfires (with the relatively low fail time of 8 hours for fuzzy dragons, 5 hours for love dragons, and a not so fail pegasus dragon at 26 hours [26, unfortunately]) and use those 5 additional habitats to store the dragons we get for future trading shop use.

So while we wait, we can prepare and hopefully get those laserlight, tuskers, landworms, and forestfires.

profsink
12-18-12, 08:46 PM
I agree with your points, save one. "Late" isn't the right word. We still haven't gotten all of the New Dawn update. "Late" implies Android gets the new features content - we haven't been for a while now. Maybe someday.

mistral88
12-18-12, 09:05 PM
That's true. We didn't get everything when the NEW DAWN App came out like the Dawn Tree goal and the boosts. And we never really got around to getting item storage, so I am not actually really looking forward to those. But for the meantime, I am really just glad of the above mentioned boons in our favor. And that we don't have to pay thrice as much for Habitats and feeding dragons--gives us more time to save until that upgrade hits us.

nmishii
12-18-12, 09:11 PM
I'm glad we (Android) didn't get the updates. I originally played just to get the gems in my other games, but kept playing after because it was addicting and I wanted the holiday dragons. Last week I decided to quit after clearing out all the trees on the top island. I have two left. If I had gotten the updates, I would have wanted to continue to play and I don't have the time.

jl0408
12-18-12, 10:50 PM
I purposely haven't started on light (white) dragons because I've been waiting for the full New Dawn to come to android. Many of the goals or parts of them aren't retro active. So I didn't want to have to worry about having to rebreed a rare or super raretthat took a long time to get. Now there's going to be a pink element. This makes me even more annoyed that we haven't really gotten New Dawn and still no crafting whatever. Guess I'll jump for joy that I can go buy one more yellow, red, green, blue and purple habitat until android ever gets all that iOS has.

tonynguyen0281
12-18-12, 11:22 PM
I did not have many tall buildings and I do not have the new dragons. Because I am using the android operating system!

henrylucky
12-20-12, 08:50 PM
True,.... you're genius
I'll try to breed Laserlight and Tusker soon ! !

Shacookie1
12-20-12, 09:06 PM
Thnxs awesome theory...I going to get started..,

itzjulezzz
12-20-12, 11:55 PM
I totally agree. I'm happy right now we aren't updated. The game updates so fast it's kinda overwhelming but we don't have access to it all so I just spent the last few days getting the ones I haven't been able to get like trickster, mirage, Titan, Ice Cream & Super. I'm working on the Stupid laser light still but I'm less overwhelmed I feel like (: also trying for that diamond before they put so many dragons in the game chances are rougher.

kurebiz
12-21-12, 03:33 AM
saw this post ystd and decided to try my luck. bred winter with life.

1st try: love.
2nd try: winter
3rd try: diamond.

:D

UnoRaven
12-21-12, 05:23 AM
Besides getting all of our light dragons to epic before the feeding cost spikes, and trying to stock up on super rares for trading, is there anything else that we should be doing? I'd buy extra habitats before the price goes up, but I don't really know what kinds I'll need.

henrylucky
12-21-12, 07:15 AM
Okay, just put Firestorm egg on nest by breed Super and Air. After that I try to get Laserlight or Tusker and put Fire and Light
Get 15 hrs. Yay, it's my first Laserlight :o

kevin3210
12-21-12, 11:47 AM
NEED to get a tusker.lazer, and forest fire dragons

henrylucky
12-21-12, 02:06 PM
Okay, just put Firestorm egg on nest by breed Super and Air. After that I try to get Laserlight or Tusker and put Fire and Light
Get 15 hrs. Yay, it's my first Laserlight :o
It's not firestorm it's my third Mistmoth !!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think it's Firestorm because 12 hrs breeding )

makafushigi
12-21-12, 02:33 PM
see now that's thinking positively about being an android user!! if only I could just get my tusker...

kwobb_xx
12-21-12, 05:48 PM
Well I was reeeeally starting to get irritated with the fact that android is so far behind iOS, and the reason I stick with that instead of iOS (because i do have an ipod with the game on it) is a) i can take my android phone with me, my ipod needs wifi to play which isn't too widely available and b) because of the exorbitant costs of the habitats/dragons in iOS i completely missed the chance to get a boo dragon, which i do have in my android game.

I'm a little obsessive/compulsive, so i want alllll the dragons, so not having that boo dragon bugs me so bad! And I've been telling myself "just wait, android will get the update" but it's frustrating seeing all the popups for dragons and habitats that I don't even have access to yet.

But thanks for this perspective, because that kinda changed the whole game for me. I just got a snowman dragon, so now i can focus my attention on the elf, and I guess I won't be sidetracked by the pink dragons since I can't buy the habitats.