PDA

View Full Version : Habitat Cap Upgraded to 35 + Pink Dragon Color Released!

Pages : [1] 2

JakeStorm8
12-18-12, 04:23 PM
Pink Dragons, a brand new base color, have been released to iOS users with version 1.2.

Additionally, the habitat cap has been increased from 30 to 35!

Android players, you have my promise that we'll get a new version out to you that includes these dragons sooner than any previous turnaround. (This release has been in the works and on schedule for months and my pestering hadn't yet taken effect).

Pink Dragons are a smaller color than White Dragons, with only 1 hybrid per color for most combinations, though more will come out periodically in the future.

The base dragon for this color is the Virtue Dragon, which can be bred by combining red and white parents. The minimum level for the Virtue Dragon is 20, so you won't be hatching this dragon until you've reached that level.

We're releasing 4 of the pink hybrids today! Enjoy hatching the Justice, Flower, Kite, and Bubble Dragons!

Play on,

-Jake.

http://i.imgur.com/EwzTO.png

FAQ:
"I'm getting red and white hybrids when I breed my pink dragons with other dragons. What's up?"
Pink dragons, unlike purple dragons, maintain the colors that combine to make the base color dragon. Virtue Dragon is bred by combining red + white, and all pink dragons can breed red and white hybrids in addition to pink hybrids. This is because pink is a "small color" with only 1 hybrid for each color combination. If they didn't behave this way, the hybrids would be guaranteed with every breeding, and that's not what makes the game exciting.

grondai
12-18-12, 04:25 PM
Yayyyy thank you

Edit(KP)

Here are threads for the new dragons

Virtue Dragon (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42565-Virtue-Dragon)

Justice Dragon (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42495-Weekly-Update-Justice-Dragon-Dec-20)

Flower Dragon (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42566-Flower-Dragon)

Kite Dragon (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42567-Kite-Dragon)

Bubble Dragon (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42568-Bubble-Dragon)

sollia
12-18-12, 04:27 PM
Wow, more to look forward to!

I was just thinking earlier today about a new color, that's so weird!

grondai
White is light dragon right?

tr8on
Woot! Can't wait to breed em. :)

nikky2012
Thank you!

JakeStorm8
12-18-12, 04:30 PM
White is light dragon right?

The Light Dragon is a white dragon, along with all of its hybrids.

sollia
12-18-12, 04:30 PM
Oooh it's so pretty!

Haha I'n too girly for my own good lol

Horntail21
12-18-12, 04:31 PM
I think the pink habitat is the star here. It looks great in-game!

grondai
12-18-12, 04:34 PM
Jake may I get a refund of 50 gold. Something is bugged. I keep getting forest fires and love dragons when breeding air+pink dragons

reddeviI
12-18-12, 04:34 PM
nice one, more habitats and new pink dragon. but te coin capacity for pink habitat it just to low only 3800 coins for the large :(

sollia
12-18-12, 04:35 PM
Could anyone post some pics for people without iOS? I need something to look forward to!

reddeviI
12-18-12, 04:36 PM
i mean 3800 for the small and 7500 for the large habitat

foxxiegirl
12-18-12, 04:37 PM
Jake may I get a refund of 50 gold. Something is bugged. I keep getting forest fires and love dragons when breeding air+pink dragons

Lol yea i got a Tusker and 2 Love

grondai
12-18-12, 04:38 PM
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/Grondai/0908715bc2701cf883702d4f1a03818b_zpsf2baf796.jpg
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/Grondai/e33a66937ae147c8220effce6d2e9a3c_zps7c13c0b6.jpg

grondai
12-18-12, 04:42 PM
Was this by design?

fondants
Looks like all the pink hybrids are rare, which means the commons will be contributing red or white to whatever you were breeding with.

grondai

Sorry this

grondai
12-18-12, 04:43 PM
Looks like all the pink hybrids are rare, which means the commons will be contributing red or white to whatever you were breeding with.
Aww man

Horntail21
12-18-12, 04:45 PM

If the game is keeping to tradition it shouldn't be doing that. Just like the magic does not break down I to red and blue in breeding

foxxiegirl
12-18-12, 04:46 PM
Jake update the 1st post.

FAQ:
"I'm getting red and white hybrids when I breed my pink dragons with other dragons. What's up?"
Pink dragons, unlike purple dragons, maintain the colors that combine to make the base color dragon. Virtue Dragon is bred by combining red + white, and all pink dragons can breed red and white hybrids in addition to pink hybrids. This is because pink is a "small color" with only 1 hybrid for each color combination. If they didn't behave this way, the hybrids would be guaranteed with every breeding, and that's not what makes the game exciting.
Last edited by JakeStorm8; Today at 03:39 PM.

Nefertekas
12-18-12, 04:47 PM
Quoting Agnes from Despicable Me: "So fluffy I'm gonna die!!"

No, seriously. This is pretty awesome. Raised habitat cap and new hybrids, woot!! :)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlFnyASmrxTqXApV82f3alFibmp7N2_ ODQs-iCkp5JmnpVjjq5PA

Horntail21
12-18-12, 04:48 PM

FAQ:

Ahh I see. Man that makes these dragons rather hard to breed it seems. All in due time I guess

JakeStorm8
12-18-12, 04:48 PM
I think the pink habitat is the star here. It looks great in-game!

I also think it's a phenomenal habitat design :)

http://i.imgur.com/JaDTY.png

sollia
12-18-12, 04:50 PM
It does look gorgeous! I love the tree (is it meant to be a willow?) and the thorns around the crystal things is a lovely touch.

Nefertekas
12-18-12, 04:52 PM
Oh: and Jake's da man. He delivers. So if he's been telling android players that the updates will come, then they shall come.

The word of Jake has been written, and it shall be as he has said. XD

bitealot
12-18-12, 04:52 PM
all i will say is booooo :(

Pink Dragons, a brand new base color, have been released to iOS users with version 1.2.

Android players, you have my promise that we'll get a new version out to you that includes these dragons sooner than any previous turnaround. (This release has been in the works and on schedule for months and my pestering hadn't yet taken effect).

Pink Dragons are a smaller color than White Dragons, with only 1 hybrid per color for most combinations, though more will come out periodically in the future.

The base dragon for this color is the Virtue Dragon, which can be bred by combining red and white parents. The minimum level for the Virtue Dragon is 20, so you won't be hatching this dragon until you've reached that level.

We're releasing 4 of the pink hybrids today! Enjoy hatching the Justice, Flower, Kite, and Bubble Dragons!

Play on,

-Jake.

FAQ:

sweetstuff525
12-18-12, 04:53 PM
Call me crazy lol I just bought one small pink habitats and 2 large ones .... And I still don't have 1 pink dragon lol.... Not even in breeding den

But yeah I luv the update

Nefertekas
12-18-12, 04:54 PM

Yes, it's very lovely. Oh so lovely. I adore those colors, totally spazzing about this. *.* in fact, the tree has the same color as one of the walls in my room. Yep, I have that very light, soft, beautiful purple-ish-whatever on one wall and on a beam in another wall. Then a more pink-ish tone. Beautiful calm colors. I want an island just for pink habitats <3

grondai
12-18-12, 04:55 PM
These guys are a little too hard to get. 300 gold in a row and not a single hybrid. I got justice the first try tho

Cyclohexane
12-18-12, 04:56 PM
Increased habitats is nice. But what happened to black (or dark) as a base color?

Pink? If pink is as popular as black, I'd have to say my age is showing.

nikky2012
12-18-12, 04:58 PM
Increased habitats is nice. But what happened to black (or dark) as a base color?

Hopefully black will be the next one released. TL knows everyone wants it.

sweetstuff525
12-18-12, 04:58 PM
Jake question here out of topic?

Dou you also work creating monster story? It would be great if you did since it need a major update to keep players I interested.

jewelz22
12-18-12, 04:59 PM
Got the pink 2nd try fire and light..but wow 33 hrs.....

Takiofallen
12-18-12, 05:01 PM
I swore to myself i would not post in this forum again but geeze the things i read. No disrespect Cyclohexane did you not read the part that states this has been in "development for months???" Black dragons will most likely be the next addition.

NouraMoh
12-18-12, 05:02 PM
Jake,
Just wanna say,
On behalf of all my unborn baby dragons, I thank you
On behalf of my 4 poor hybrids egg waiting to be hatched, I thank you
On behalf of all girlie girls out there, I thank you

You are seriously the best!
Now.. can we discuss a gold sale please ?! :)

klaineisland
12-18-12, 05:03 PM
I love the new habitat and new dragons! So cute! I actually broke my stream of trying for a Snowman to try for one of these, and I already bought the large pink habitat...

habibass
12-18-12, 05:05 PM
I just love this update! Pink dragons are sooo adorable. I wasnt expecting that, what a nice surprise!

klaineisland
12-18-12, 05:05 PM
So, does anyone know the breeding times etc for these new dragons? :)

nikky2012
12-18-12, 05:06 PM

All I know is virtue is 33 hours

grondai
25 hours for justice dragon

foxxiegirl

33hrs Virtue
25hrs Justice

kasaokc
12-18-12, 05:10 PM
OMG, this is the first time I've gotten a new dragon on the first try! 33 hours to go :)

emergRN
12-18-12, 05:12 PM
I am so jealous!!!

patisu
12-18-12, 05:13 PM
If I could figure out how, I could post a pic of the egg :P Used 33 gems just to see it, lol. Thanks for the update!!!

witchydesign
12-18-12, 05:14 PM
Not gonna lie, first impression was "omg my little pony got freaky with some dragons!"

mammami08
12-18-12, 05:15 PM
AWSOME, i love it. Thanks Jake ;)

nolasco29
12-18-12, 05:17 PM
Yay I think I'm getting my first virtue dragon ��������. Breed it red and white= 33 hrs

Nefertekas
12-18-12, 05:20 PM
Not gonna lie, first impression was "omg my little pony got freaky with some dragons!"

PFFFFFFFFFFF :D

Ooooh, Kite and Bubble are so cute. :3 baby Flowe too. Aw heck, pink is cuteness.
We've been getting so many new dragons, so nice! *w*

nolasco29
12-18-12, 05:20 PM
How can I upload a pic from my iPhone?
Any ideas

msvidkiller13
12-18-12, 05:21 PM
Thank You Jake for doing your best for other plateforms and letting us know. I am Kindle Fire so I hope to see it too. I just love DS :) Thank You :)

Play on,

-Jake.

FAQ:

Nefertekas
12-18-12, 05:22 PM
Am i the only one imagining how frustrating a kite dragon will be to obtain? Sunrises as fails, eeesh.

Sefyre
12-18-12, 05:24 PM
Will be waiting for my Android neighbors to get this update before I get started myself. (Not to mention, Light Hybrids are kind of expensive to upkeep!) :) Thanks Jake for the additional information; definitely appreciate it! And hooray for habitat cap increase! Woo hoo!

Nefertekas
12-18-12, 05:24 PM
How can I upload a pic from my iPhone?
Any ideas

Click on
GO ADVANCED
Right next to the POST QUICK REPLY button.
Then find the option below that says MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.
You can get a thumbnail. ;) if you want a large picture, you need to upload it somewhere, like photobucket, then post the link between the [IMG] [ /IMG] tag.

AnonymousNoOne
12-18-12, 05:27 PM
Lol ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ(^_−)−☆(>_<)

I got one on my frist try, 33 hour's A.K.A two days. I'll wait for it to hatch on it's own, though I would save the gold. I Wish it would have been a diamond dragon. ��

Add me if you like, AnonymousNoOne

Suave_Spencer
12-18-12, 05:27 PM
Android seems to have got the habitat increase, so it looks like they are working on the other updates.

kwhales
12-18-12, 05:28 PM
Yahoo....just got virtue...33 hr breed....2nd try...first try was light and tusker..wrong choice.

nolasco29
12-18-12, 05:36 PM
Here's the pic of my newest dragon, I believe it's the Virtue dragon :-)

And got a second one of the works :-)

And thank you nefertekas for the help on uploading the pics ..

nolasco29
12-18-12, 05:38 PM
Egg that is.. Sorry guys

ginrae22
12-18-12, 05:38 PM
ahhhh so excited! so many new dragons hehe! yay! and pink which just happens to me my favorite color (yes I'm that much of a girly girl!).

yay! Thx TL!

grondai
12-18-12, 05:40 PM
Has anyone gotten the other 3 hybrids? I tried 300 gold worth and nothing

dewyoumind
12-18-12, 05:42 PM
Woohoo bred a 33 hour red and white it's in the nest getting ready to come into my world!!! :)

summersalt
12-18-12, 05:42 PM
all i will say is booooo :(

I say the same.. android players have to pay gold for something
phones get as a goal... im supposed to be thrilled about that? Im sure android players will get the pink dragon it will only cost an arm and a leg. Heres an idea. U want to make it fair? Then give android/kindle players
he gold to buy the stuff others dont have to, even if u do it by increasing the gold we can accept (not that that would help much when u can only send 3 a day, u only receive a few a day). Or maybe start working on something now, and release it only to android/kindle players in a year as a goal, and not to the iphone players. Then this forum would light up like a christmas tree. We visit other islands and see spellbooks, trading buildings, sword in stone and other decorations and now pink dragons, just to go back to our islands (then force close and restart app, of course) just to see same boring stuff. Its super old

foxxiegirl
12-18-12, 05:47 PM
Has anyone gotten the other 3 hybrids? I tried 300 gold worth and nothing

Not yet...but i feel your pain, i'm at about 260 gold.

grondai
12-18-12, 05:50 PM
Not yet...but i feel your pain, i'm at about 260 gold.

I'm about to go get some iTunes cards.... :p. Not sure how much is left on my debit

summersalt
12-18-12, 05:53 PM
I didnt mean to sound ungrateful though. Im super appreciative that I have the opportunity to get the ruby and emerald dragons for 1500 gold, and 1000 gold, respectively. I guess android/kindle players have a 'goal' afterall. A goal to get 1200 gold. So perhaps in 60 days or so, if we are lucky enough to get 20 gold a day (psssh), and avoid goal traps, when expanding and force closing, and if we dont sped anything up ever. Oh and then another 50 days for the emerald dragon. Im so close i can taste it. Thanks TL, u really made things even steven ;o)

OpeningCeremony
12-18-12, 05:57 PM
i'm guessing the middle unicorn dragon will be a diamond-pink hybrid

http://i45.tinypic.com/xc8bm.png

grondai
12-18-12, 06:00 PM
Ya I saw that. I think your right

summersalt
12-18-12, 06:01 PM
I wrote that before i even saw the weekly update!! Now im just furious!

jrodt333
12-18-12, 06:20 PM
Jake on Android we got a pink tab but it's got nothing in it, and it takes the place of the diamond tab, so it's kinda pointless. Could you please put the diamond tab back? Or just release the pink dragon?

JakeStorm8
12-18-12, 06:42 PM
Jake on Android we got a pink tab but it's got nothing in it, and it takes the place of the diamond tab, so it's kinda pointless. Could you please put the diamond tab back? Or just release the pink dragon?

Hi jrodt333 - I just checked on my Android phone and I'm not seeing the pink tab. Can you post a screenshot or describe what you're seeing?

I'd release instantly if it was that easy :P

summersalt
12-18-12, 06:45 PM
Dont worry jrodt333, theyre going to port the pink dragon right on over to android, it will only cost 1700 gold. Then they will enable the habitat button. Funny how they can port the dragons over to android so fast for purchase, but not as goals.. very interesting

profsink
12-18-12, 06:49 PM
Yeah, in New Dawn on Android the diamond star tab is replaced by a pink diamond under dragons and habitats.
The normal DS app still shows thee diamond tabs.

summersalt
12-18-12, 06:49 PM
Ive got the picture, dont know how to upload to forum.

jrodt333
12-18-12, 06:50 PM
http://www.resizeyourimage.com/upload/editor/12.12.18.1.000.png.jpg?opa=26155.0853982318

Here's the screenshot, Jake. Sorry if it turns into a blue question mark after about an hour, my pics tend to do that.

@summersalt: It costs 1700 gold?! That's crazy!

summersalt
12-18-12, 06:53 PM
Lol was just being facetious based on their ability to bring android the gemstone dragons for 1500 and 1000 gold, that ios users received as goals. A bit hefty for a dragon thats not even breedable. So i imagined the pink dragon would be even more when they port that on over to us in the name of equality

sollia
12-18-12, 06:55 PM
I just checked New Dawn and it's there for me too. It's empty when I select it though it goes blank and says page 1/22.

bitealot
12-18-12, 06:55 PM
Hopefully black will be the next one released. TL knows everyone wants it.

who cares about any updates. they don't write them for droids

summersalt
12-18-12, 06:57 PM
Nice picture of our gemstone dragon prices though, for ios users to see. Cause there screens probably say "locked by goal". Lol. Sad

summersalt
12-18-12, 06:58 PM
Edit: their*

summersalt
12-18-12, 07:00 PM
who cares about any updates. they don't write them for droids

Bingo!!!
Maybe they should make the forum only readable for us as well. Remove our write ability. Hey there is an idea!

vampdrak
12-18-12, 07:00 PM
nope it is not locked by goal we buy them just like android or just craft them

margaritaville99
12-18-12, 07:02 PM

I am back in love!!! Thank you Jake and all TL!!!!!! What a nice holiday surprise package!!!!

sollia
12-18-12, 07:17 PM
Is it just me or did a bunch of posts disappear?

fattom19
12-18-12, 07:21 PM
Is there any idea on when this will be available for android users? this seems like a pretty big feature to not be added for all users

yandao11
12-18-12, 07:34 PM

With reference to this, in future when super rares and commons start to appear for say pink/yellow. Wouldn't it be akin to breeding red+white+yellow? Red white alr 3combis, yellow white another 3, red yellow I can't be bothered counting.

Now to try for a pink yellow hybrid which can result in so many diff combinations, is this what makes the game exciting?

rs788
12-18-12, 07:41 PM
The Light Dragon is a white dragon, along with all of its hybrids.

So it might take few tries to get pink element

sollia
12-18-12, 07:42 PM
Is there any idea on when this will be available for android users? this seems like a pretty big feature to not be added for all users
Well...most big features don't come to Android users right away, actually.

ubobdgc
12-18-12, 07:42 PM

FAQ:

So what about breeding diamond and virtue, you can get angel, pink diamond hybrid, crusader ETC, AWESOME

Nefertekas
12-18-12, 07:45 PM
Here's the pic of my newest dragon, I believe it's the Virtue dragon :-)

And got a second one of the works :-)

And thank you nefertekas for the help on uploading the pics ..

No problem. And congrats! :)

grondai
12-18-12, 07:50 PM
Um... Jake? You may want to check if there are bugs with the pink+forest/air/water hybrids. I just went through another 300 gold and nothing. I think it may be bugged unless someone tells me otherwise

summersalt
12-18-12, 07:57 PM
Um... Jake? You may want to check if there are bugs with the pink+forest/air/water hybrids. I just went through another 300 gold and nothing. I think it may be bugged unless someone tells me otherwise

Why dont you wait a couple days until the kinks are worked out. Spending that much gold? Im starting to get stresse dout for you.

summersalt
12-18-12, 08:01 PM
@ the person who mentioned complaining.

oh we wouldnt know. My mistake. We have no crafting building. I look at others islands and i don't know know which building is which. All i know is that i cant get them. So sorry if i seem to be out of the loop. That is where they keep the second class android and kindle users. We can only buy them. Suppose they want us to feel left out enough to purchase them, sweet idea.. but not good the most intelligent business decision. It seems their engineers need to figure out how to port the little details better. Seems they can port the dragon just fine, and port the cost of the gold to us, and port the pop ups, and the limited editions, but they can't port the crafting buildings or the trading ones.. uhhmmm.. while im with yall on the fact that Jake is very nice, very real, very charming, .. doesn't anyone else see a problem here?

grondai
12-18-12, 08:02 PM
Why dont you wait a couple days until the kinks are worked out. Spending that much gold? Im starting to get stresse dout for you.

Nvm got it

ubobdgc
12-18-12, 08:04 PM
So jake, how would a diamond-pink hybrid work? Since the breeding laws are different

sollia
12-18-12, 08:06 PM
If you're talking about me you should know that I am an Android user. You might want to calm down a tad.

grondai
12-18-12, 08:06 PM
Sorry Jake, just noticed you can't upgrade small pink habitats.

MissJennie87
12-18-12, 08:09 PM
Jake:

When you say: "Android players, you have my promise that we'll get a new version out to you that includes these dragons sooner than any previous turnaround. (This release has been in the works and on schedule for months and my pestering hadn't yet taken effect)."
Do you only mean the pink dragons, or do you also mean the crafting for the gemstones dragons?
Only the pink I guess.

summersalt
12-18-12, 08:18 PM
Good luck in ur game, add me if youd like. Id is summersalt.

grondai
12-18-12, 08:31 PM
Add me if you wish to see the new dragons

tonynguyen0281
12-18-12, 08:38 PM
Same same the life dragon. ^_Π

ShiningTown
12-18-12, 08:51 PM
Hi everybody!
Here's a picture of the new egg.
33 hours to finish.
It looks so cute!
http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o729/gigilica/0596f4ae18cb093f4c52a02803ab229b_zps599812dd.jpg

grondai
12-18-12, 08:55 PM
Congrats shining town

judyluvs
12-18-12, 08:56 PM
Does this mean there will be a pink shrine to enhance coinage or is that covered by Fire/Magic towers already in place?

judyluvs
12-18-12, 08:59 PM
Oops, I meant Fire/White Towers.

ShiningTown
12-18-12, 08:59 PM
Thanx Grondai!

grondai
12-18-12, 09:05 PM
Does this mean there will be a pink shrine to enhance coinage or is that covered by Fire/Magic towers already in place?

It will probably be a while. It's going to take forever for ppl to gets these and then there has to be enough dragons for it to be worth it

grondai
12-18-12, 09:06 PM
Will a mod forward this bug: you can't upgrade a small pink habitat to a large one

profsink
12-18-12, 09:49 PM
I think the Light dragons were iOS exclusive for eight days? And since all the rest of the iOS exclusive content has yet to see the light of play on Android, this must be the "previous turnaround". I'll be mighty impressed if the Pink dragons hit Android in under a week.

grondai
12-18-12, 10:08 PM
I think the Light dragons were iOS exclusive for eight days? And since all the rest of the iOS exclusive content has yet to see the light of play on Android, this must be the "previous turnaround". I'll be mighty impressed if the Pink dragons hit Android in under a week.

I think he was referring to all the recent updates as a whole. The new dawn update took 2-3 months to get to you guys. I would have to saw you will get everything within a month. That is only a guestimate

Lipuro
12-18-12, 10:17 PM
I got my pink!!! 33 hour breeding time! :)

ShiningTown
12-18-12, 10:24 PM
Congratulations Lipuro!

grondai
12-18-12, 10:26 PM
I got my pink!!! 33 hour breeding time! :)

Grats!

vampdrak
12-18-12, 10:27 PM
I think he was referring to all the recent updates as a whole. The new dawn update took 2-3 months to get to you guys. I would have to saw you will get everything within a month. That is only a guestimate

Well seeing we still have not got the dawn tree update yet im guessing we will see crafting and spell building in 10 months and pink in a year. by then ios will have dark and many more updates. I like this game and i hate feeling like the people that make it just don't care about anyone who does not buy apple

vampdrak
12-18-12, 10:27 PM
grats!

ginrae22
12-18-12, 10:45 PM
second try I got it! 33 hours! wooooooo!!!!! so excited. yayyyyy! Good think my pink hab is already on its way to being done.

parkerkoko
12-18-12, 10:49 PM
first try , epic fire dragon and laserlight dragon lv 7, 33 hours

wimsical
12-18-12, 10:56 PM
I want these dragons!!!!! Why, oh why did i buy a kindle fire?!

jrodt333
12-18-12, 11:12 PM
Well seeing we still have not got the dawn tree update yet im guessing we will see crafting and spell building in 10 months and pink in a year. by then ios will have dark and many more updates. I like this game and i hate feeling like the people that make it just don't care about anyone who does not buy apple

I think the pink should come out sooner than that. It might even come out on Thursday, otherwise there would no weekly update for us.

suzysuzy35
12-18-12, 11:18 PM
Omg, pink dragons and habitats, fantastic, they are so cute.

grondai
12-18-12, 11:20 PM
Pink hybrids... You guys don't know the meaning of hard yet

grondai
12-18-12, 11:22 PM
Jake... So if the pink element can split up. Does that mean if you breed virtue+virtue you could get a justice dragon?

profsink
12-18-12, 11:28 PM
I think the pink should come out sooner than that. It might even come out on Thursday, otherwise there would no weekly update for us.

Android got no weekly dragon when Light dragons came out, either. But we got them the next week. If they're waiting on the new Menu and Market updates, it'll probably be months before we see Pink. If they just throw the dragons into the mix, we could see Pink tomorrow. No way to know how long it'll be, really, if ever. Just hope that next week Android sees a new dragon.

suzysuzy35
12-18-12, 11:40 PM
So i just put these combos into the breeding calculator and the Flower dragon plus dream equals 13 possible outcomes,
(which is a very short list), including diamond and infinity. What would be interesting to know jake, will the pink element make it any easier to get a diamond?

grondai
12-18-12, 11:45 PM
So i just put these combos into the breeding calculator and the Flower dragon plus dream equals 13 possible outcomes,
(which is a very short list), including diamond and infinity. What would be interesting to know jake, will the pink element make it any easier to get a diamond?

I was wondering if the new element would make it easier to get diamond. But flower plus dream wouldn't make diamond possible. If it uses the pink element it would only create three elements. If the pink split up into light+fire and you mix that with dream which is light+water you still have three elements. The pink element doesn't use pink+fire+light. It can only do one or the other

tonynguyen0281
12-18-12, 11:47 PM
Why not finished to work for android and update the new buidings, dragons for both? Justice?

dseudr
12-18-12, 11:48 PM
The pink tabs are already there on the market for habitat and dragons (on android), just that they're empty at the moment.

grondai
12-18-12, 11:48 PM
Why not finished to work for android and update the new buidings, dragons for both? Justice?

The justice dragon is doing it's best to bring equality to both devices. No worries

suzysuzy35
12-18-12, 11:53 PM
Grondai - breeding calculator wrong then?

grondai
12-18-12, 11:55 PM

Yes. I'm sure whoever created it doesn't know how it works yet. I was very confused at first too

storm8storm_00
12-19-12, 12:18 AM
Very nice update! But couldn't you have waited till I at least had got the frosty?!? Lol Justice Dragons is looking awesome! Thanks TL :)

MomsHouseofSweets
12-19-12, 12:48 AM

I wondered the same thing.

grondai
12-19-12, 12:55 AM
If the breeding calculator was correct that would mean you could breed justic dragon when mixing pink with any element

suzysuzy35
12-19-12, 01:21 AM
Now I'm really confused and don't know whether to believe if the breeding calculator is reliable. What do you think grondai? Do you use it.

skygazer
12-19-12, 02:17 AM
Auw they are so pretty 💗💐 thank you! I'm hoping for Christmas price cut on gems lol *fingers crossed*

Susyalba
12-19-12, 02:24 AM
Ok question, so android not getting the new dragon (oh im SHOCKED) is there any sort of timeline for us on the last thing? Ya know, the gem crafting, trading? Or will we just continue to fall further and further behind. I feel like im getting all my school clothes at garage sales! Someone else got them while they were new, I get the castoffs! Had I read this first, prob wouldn't of just bought 250 gold today. BAH HUMBUG!!!!! :-( X100000

Nefertekas
12-19-12, 06:10 AM
Yay! I sped up the charm that was on the breeding den, 2 gold well spent: i used ruby and light and got the 33 hours breeding time on first try. Hello, pink dragons! :)

foxxiegirl
12-19-12, 06:11 AM
Yay! I sped up the charm that was on the breeding den, 2 gold well spent: i used ruby and light and got the 33 hours breeding time on first try. Hello, pink dragons! :)

Congrats:)
Now welcome to the heartache that is the Virtues Hybrids lol

foxxiegirl
12-19-12, 06:13 AM
Now I'm really confused and don't know whether to believe if the breeding calculator is reliable. What do you think grondai? Do you use it.

The color breaking is a new feature. The breeding calculator has always worked in the past, but you need to give them a chance to add in the new details.

Nefertekas
12-19-12, 06:19 AM
Congrats:)
Now welcome to the heartache that is the Virtues Hybrids lol

Thanks ;D ehehhe i'ma bracing myself!

And like you said, I think the breeding calculator might only need some more time to adjust.

freyx378
12-19-12, 06:47 AM
Just wanna voice some opinion here. I've seen so many Android users getting "irritated" over and over again due to the un-synced updates between iOS and Android platforms.
I am one of the Android user as well.

Even tho I've read that TL is iOS based and this is all about business, why do you not released the new content simultaneously? Here I mean if you guys already finished working for the iOS, it would be better not to release it until the one for Android version also been finished. I dunno if it's got anything to do with business, tho.

I mean rather than stirring up the forum every single time with the new "big" update and causing so much negative impressions, as well as it might be getting tired for the forum mods to see; I don't see why not? Anyhow, will still be waiting for it to come to Android, tho. Cheers.

accisse
12-19-12, 07:26 AM
Android users out there please be patient! I'm with you on all the frustration and waiting, but I'm sure the forum mods are tired of grumbling posts. Perhaps even if they pass feedback to the team, it can't help them work any faster...

Will be patiently waiting (with lots of anticipation) for it to come to android! I get all green-eyed when I visit iphone users' islands. Please release the pink even if new dawn goals and crafting stuff are not ready yet! Something is better than nothing :P

But it's nice to see TL supplying some information to us anyway, acknowledging us and not just keeping everything quiet.

@freyx378: this is what I imagine... if I were a restaurant owner, and so far the menu doesn't have any vegetarian items, I'd still like to have income from the meat-eaters out there. Even if that means I have lesser customers, wouldn't it be better to earn some money while waiting for the chef to come up with vegetarian dishes? So I don't really blame TL for jumping ahead and releasing to iOS instead of waiting for android. Just my 2 cents...

foxxiegirl
12-19-12, 07:30 AM
Android users out there please be patient! I'm with you on all the frustration and waiting, but I'm sure the forum mods are tired of grumbling posts. Perhaps even if they pass feedback to the team, it can't help them work any faster...

Will be patiently waiting (with lots of anticipation) for it to come to android! I get all green-eyed when I visit iphone users' islands. Please release the pink even if new dawn goals and crafting stuff are not ready yet! Something is better than nothing :P

But it's nice to see TL supplying some information to us anyway, acknowledging us and not just keeping everything quiet.

@freyx378: this is what I imagine... if I were a restaurant owner, and so far the menu doesn't have any vegetarian items, I'd still like to have income from the meat-eaters out there. Even if that means I have lesser customers, wouldn't it be better to earn some money while waiting for the chef to come up with vegetarian dishes? So I don't really blame TL for jumping ahead and releasing to iOS instead of waiting for android. Just my 2 cents...

Very well said.

magzlitex777
12-19-12, 08:43 AM

Play on,

-Jake.

FAQ:

What about kindle fire users? Are we left in the dust like the last 4 updates?

henrylucky
12-19-12, 09:03 AM
Thanks for you attention to Android user :)

reddeviI
12-19-12, 09:18 AM
yippie just got the pink dragon by breeding love + emerald dragon :D

enoch4
12-19-12, 09:39 AM
Such exciting stuff. I didn't see pink coming at all. The new habitats look great, and the habitat cap increase is so glorious - thank you!

My only question - are you sure it is correct to classify these hybrids as "rare"? They seem at least "super rare" to me. I've bred green with pink 45 times: I've had multiple landworms, forestfires, 8 wilds, even a pegasus. No flower. It seems like these are harder to get than a normal "rare" dragon.

sweetstuff525
12-19-12, 09:41 AM
i still cant get pink color

1st love
2nd love
3rd tusker (atleast finally)
4th love
5th laserlight

i hope my next try is pink

enoch4
12-19-12, 09:49 AM
Such exciting stuff. I didn't see pink coming at all. The new habitats look great, and the habitat cap increase is so glorious - thank you!

My only question - are you sure it is correct to classify these hybrids as "rare"? They seem at least "super rare" to me. I've bred green with pink 45 times: I've had multiple landworms, forestfires, 8 wilds, even a pegasus. No flower. It seems like these are harder to get than a normal "rare" dragon.

Not that I'm complaining, I am glad to have some that are challenging. Just surprised after seeing "rare," just how long it is taking to get these.

sweet90z
12-19-12, 10:12 AM
Now i'm breeding virtue dragon, so lucky

laserlight lv.10 + Island lv.10
breeding time 2days (Finish now for 33 golds) ^^

dapplefur
12-19-12, 12:17 PM
Just got 2 days 33 gold speed up from diamond x laserlight.

henrylucky
12-19-12, 01:06 PM
Anyone please answer
If Virtue dragon breed with Air, they can produce Sunrise, Love, Griffin, Leopard, Laserlight, Tusker, and Kite, right ?
If Virtue dragon breed with (maybe) Island, can they produce Diamond ??

henrylucky
12-19-12, 01:09 PM
Anyone please answer
If Virtue dragon breed with Air, they can produce Firestorm, Eagle, Honeybee, Scorpion, Sunrise, Love, Griffin, Leopard, Laserlight, Tusker, and Kite, right ?
If Virtue dragon breed with (maybe) Island, can they produce Diamond ??
I forgot .........

Nefertekas
12-19-12, 01:12 PM
Yeah,I realized today that it just became so much harder for me to get a laserlight. :'(

grondai
12-19-12, 01:16 PM
Yeah,I realized today that it just became so much harder for me to get a laserlight. :'(

Not if you breed pink with a fire, forest, air, or water

grondai
12-19-12, 01:16 PM
You can't get a pink dragon when breeding pink with something

maximinidan
12-19-12, 01:54 PM

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, it's greatly appreciated.

Can't wait for the new dragons, I just got the angel and snowman dragons, completing my quests to have all the dragons, so new dragons will really keep me excited!

Nefertekas
12-19-12, 02:08 PM
You can't get a pink dragon when breeding pink with something

Huh? Really?? Then I'll try pink and fire :D

grondai
12-19-12, 02:12 PM
Huh? Really?? Then I'll try pink and fire :D

Well I might be wrong about that when it comes to breeding pink with fire/light, but let me know. I know it's not possible to get pink with the other elements.

foxxiegirl
12-19-12, 02:15 PM
Well I might be wrong about that when it comes to breeding pink with fire/light, but let me know. I know it's not possible to get pink with the other elements.

Hasn't happened to me yet and i've been breeding more then i care to admit. You'd think if it were possible somebody would've tho.

grondai
12-19-12, 02:18 PM
Hasn't happened to me yet and i've been breeding more then i care to admit. You'd think if it were possible somebody would've tho.

That's why the breeding calculator will be a hard one to figure out. There are a lot of new rules taking place

grondai
12-19-12, 02:19 PM
Has anyone traded a pink hybrid yet? I wanna see what kind of gem you get

foxxiegirl
12-19-12, 02:21 PM
Has anyone traded a pink hybrid yet? I wanna see what kind of gem you get

They are all rare so it would tell you which 2 you'd get right? I have 1 in the portal or i'd check.

grondai
12-19-12, 02:25 PM
Nvm just check. There is not a new gem. It only gives a light crystal+mystery box

ginrae22
12-19-12, 03:17 PM
16 more hours until my virtue egg is in the nest! so...another couple of days until I actually get it haha. But I'm grateful! : )

barefootchorister
12-19-12, 04:15 PM
Nvm just check. There is not a new gem. It only gives a light crystal+mystery box
Yeah, I'm waiting for a crafting update with hot punk sapphires or something, I didn't really think TL would have gotten that far yet.

knj00
12-19-12, 07:02 PM
"Pink dragons, unlike purple dragons, maintain the colors that combine to make the base color dragon. Virtue Dragon is bred by combining red + white, and all pink dragons can breed red and white hybrids in addition to pink hybrids. This is because pink is a "small color" with only 1 hybrid for each color combination. If they didn't behave this way, the hybrids would be guaranteed with every breeding, and that's not what makes the game exciting. "

Does this^ mean you have a chance ofgetting a Diamond by breeding Virtue/Island??? Since that would be Pink/White/Red/Green/Blue....

IrisheaglesOne
12-19-12, 08:36 PM
Im an Android user so of course it will take a while to get anything...but Id like to know what you all are breeding to get your Pinks and what pinks you are getting for that combination?

nikky2012
12-19-12, 08:41 PM
I bred my virtue dragon with Epic Fire and Light. It took five tries. I'm still waiting for it to hatch so I haven't gone for any other hybrids of it.

willothewisps
12-19-12, 09:54 PM
Ugh, when I am able to get pink dragons, it'll be the hardest thing ever for me. I have a REALLY hard time get anything whlith fire :(
Judging by whay TL has done, what olif they decide to make Orange dragons..? :/ (light and yellow)

Jessinthecity
12-19-12, 10:35 PM
I' m a Kindle player, and its super frustrating waiting on updates. I still don't even have the new dawn update. I see all these posts about portals and pink dragons (pink! pink? I want a pink dragon! :( No, wait... I [Bneed[/B] a pink dragon!!!) and I get really annoyed. I still don't understand why it takes so long for android & kindle users to get updates. I know nothing about designing games, but I do know that it' s bad business to give perks to some people but not others. They' re going to lose players over this. I frequently spend money on gold, but why should I keep spending money when I'm being put on the backburner?

Takiofallen
12-19-12, 10:53 PM
No in order to breed a diamond the parents must have a total of four elements. Since the virtue is still only one element it does not meet the breeding requirements.
"Pink dragons, unlike purple dragons, maintain the colors that combine to make the base color dragon. Virtue Dragon is bred by combining red + white, and all pink dragons can breed red and white hybrids in addition to pink hybrids. This is because pink is a "small color" with only 1 hybrid for each color combination. If they didn't behave this way, the hybrids would be guaranteed with every breeding, and that's not what makes the game exciting. "

Does this^ mean you have a chance ofgetting a Diamond by breeding Virtue/Island??? Since that would be Pink/White/Red/Green/Blue....

B4Ballet
12-19-12, 11:37 PM
Yay! I don't get anything :) *sarcasm*

B4Ballet
12-19-12, 11:37 PM
Any of the pink dragons, I mean ...

smurfje69
12-20-12, 03:15 AM
Does anybody know when it come out for android users?

Nefertekas
12-20-12, 03:49 AM
Does anybody know when it come out for android users?

No. We're all clueless about this. Jake, a game designer, has been pushing toward the speeding up of things. This game was created for iOS and then ported into android, so they have a team of programmers working on how to make things work in DS for android players.

thenijn
12-20-12, 07:36 AM
android players have 35 habitats, now waiting for the pink dragons

kevin3210
12-20-12, 07:50 AM
I hope Android gets it soon

Nefertekas
12-20-12, 01:02 PM
android players have 35 habitats, now waiting for the pink dragons

Oh well, at least they gave you guys something. Hope it's a sign, or better yet a start!

jrocket97
12-20-12, 03:29 PM
Awesome. Other than the passing down red and white traits, that just sucks. Ah well, no team lava update wouldn't have a downside. :)

Jaydee31
12-20-12, 05:33 PM
While I really enjoy this game, I have to say Team Lava's "Android neglect" is having a serious impact towards wether this game is worth continuing in the future.

Yes, I know DS was designed for the iOS - the record is broken on that. I also know that DS isn't TL's only project - but come on - it's nearly 2013! As a business, TL should be prioritising and providing a solution to this problem of simultaneous updates across platforms. This should be happening BEFORE any updates are provided. Android is too big of a market to let slide on this issue.

Why is this such a problem? Its a great game anyway right? Part of the enjoyment of this game for me is trying to be one of the first to get a new dragon. This obviously cannot happen when android users are playing catchup and are weeks behind iOS users. Gem/Scarecrow/Storm/Pink hybrid dragons - how far behind do we have to be before something is done?

Jake, while I appreciate your acknowledgement toward android users in your original post, I have to just point out that it makes no sense whatsoever.

If your pestering ISN"T working and hasn't taken effect, how can a quick version turnaround promise be made?? Besides that, you actually have to pester about an android update??? This speaks volumes about TL and their attitude towards android users.

grondai
12-20-12, 05:38 PM
No in order to breed a diamond the parents must have a total of four elements. Since the virtue is still only one element it does not meet the breeding requirements.

It's possible because the pink can split up into white\fire. Then you add island and wah lah you have a chance to get diamond

profsink
12-20-12, 09:47 PM
It's possible because the pink can split up into white\fire. Then you add island and wah lah you have a chance to get diamond

Interesting. Has anyone gotten a Diamond this way? Because if it checks for Diamond before it checks for Pink split ends, then Virtue cannot breed a Diamond. It could do the Pink split roll before the Diamond roll, though. Personally, I'd not risk it.

grondai
12-20-12, 10:03 PM
Interesting. Has anyone gotten a Diamond this way? Because if it checks for Diamond before it checks for Pink split ends, then Virtue cannot breed a Diamond. It could do the Pink split roll before the Diamond roll, though. Personally, I'd not risk it.

The pink plits so often that you wouldn't be risking much. On average I would say the pink splits once every ten tries and if it doesn't split who cares. You just got a bubble/flower dragon

Takiofallen
12-20-12, 10:17 PM
No sir you are wrong the parents must have 4 elements at breeding to qualify for a diamond. The pink element is one element that may split after breeding.

profsink
12-20-12, 10:22 PM
The pink plits so often that you wouldn't be risking much. On average I would say the pink splits once every ten tries and if it doesn't split who cares. You just got a bubble/flower dragon
If it checks for diamond before it checks if Pink splits, it's moot if Pink splits or not. There won't be four colors yet. True, if you're looking for Flower or Bubble, it matters little. But if you hope for a Diamond, it's very possible that it's impossible to get Diamond with Virtue.

Takiofallen
12-20-12, 10:27 PM
.Bingo
If it checks for diamond before it checks if Pink splits, it's moot if Pink splits or not. There won't be four colors yet. True, if you're looking for Flower or Bubble, it matters little. But if you hope for a Diamond, it's very possible that it's impossible to get Diamond with Virtue.

grondai
12-20-12, 10:31 PM

? Confused. The pink should be looked at this way. It's basically a light hybrid with fire/light. It hardly ever combines to form it's pink element when breeding. When I bred pink with any basic color you could get any dragon that has light/fire/basic color. So I would assume it has to be possible for diamond. It wouldn't increase chances but yes.

Moving on... If you breed a pink hybrid say... Flower dragon with firestorm dragon, you would maybe have a higher chance of diamond because if you fail the pink splits up but if the pink is used it may increase your chances:)

grondai
12-20-12, 10:34 PM
Not firestorm.... It would be something like genie

henrylucky
12-20-12, 10:37 PM
? Confused. The pink should be looked at this way. It's basically a light hybrid with fire/light. It hardly ever combines to form it's pink element when breeding. When I bred pink with any basic color you could get any dragon that has light/fire/basic color. So I would assume it has to be possible for diamond. It wouldn't increase chances but yes.

Moving on... If you breed a pink hybrid say... Flower dragon with firestorm dragon, you would maybe have a higher chance of diamond because if you fail the pink splits up but if the pink is used it may increase your chances:)
I have an idea !!
Can anyone check the breeding calculator ?
(because, it can't appear on Android and my modem is in my mother handbag :p )

grondai
12-20-12, 10:39 PM
I have an idea !!
Can anyone check the breeding calculator ?
(because, it can't appear on Android and my modem is in my mother handbag :p )

I haven't checked lately but we found out the breeding calculator is wrong with pink element

henrylucky
12-20-12, 11:02 PM
I think if you breed virtue and Island, we can't get Diamond because just 3 elements (pink, blue, green )
But, I don't know the truth, I'm just Android player....... :D :p

Takiofallen
12-20-12, 11:07 PM
Your looking at the element in the wrong way. It's a single element with a chance to split. It does not start out as 2 elements. When putting dragons in the breeding den to even qualify for diamond you must first have a minimum of four elements. Only having 3 element disqualifies you from diamond contention. Then the elements that will be pulled for breeding are pulled and then bred. If you were to breed fire/light/water in a breeding before any element is combined it must be pulled first. If fire is not pulled in this breeding combo you can't breed a magic or a pink you. So if your breeding island/virtue the way the algorithm is setup is to first check the number of elements in the breeding. After checking the number of elements in the breeding it then decides the number of elements it will pull for the breeding. If it pulls all 4 you breed a diamond. 3 or 2 it will then read elements and go from there.

Using a pink hybrid would not increase your chances at diamond because of the splitting. Once 4 elements are used you qualify, if it is then decided not to use all 4 thats it.

I'm not stating my opinion this is fact. I have already spoken to jake about this and it is confirmed. Using a single pink element with a hybrid will not yield a diamond because there is only a total of 3 elements. Everything else i have wrote after that is all speculation on how i think the algorithm works.

Takiofallen
12-20-12, 11:14 PM
need a darn edit button and the post came out a little harsh. all was explained with a smile :)

jrodt333
12-20-12, 11:15 PM
I haven't checked lately but we found out the breeding calculator is wrong with pink element

I just checked, and it looks like it's been fixed. You guys are talking about the calculator on the Dragon Story Wiki, right?

I think if you breed virtue and Island, we can't get Diamond because just 3 elements (pink, blue, green )

But the pink dragon could split into white and red, thus giving you 4 elements. But then you might be right, the game might only look at the elements that the dragons have and not that the dragons can split into two elements.

Wow, this is so confusing...I'm almost glad I didn't get the update.

opanugie
12-20-12, 11:17 PM
Love all the design of pink dragons, especially bubble and flower dragon

jrodt333
12-20-12, 11:19 PM
Never mind the last part of my last post;I didn't see Takiofallen's post.

grondai
12-20-12, 11:21 PM
It has to be possible if the pink can split... I don't even understand what your saying after you say "pull". I don't feel like going through all the work of messaging Jake and idk why you would but it would be very misleading if that were true.

Your looking at the element in the wrong way. It's a single element with a chance to split. It does not start out as 2 elements. When putting dragons in the breeding den to even qualify for diamond you must first have a minimum of four elements. Only having 3 element disqualifies you from diamond contention. Then the elements that will be pulled for breeding are pulled and then bred. If you were to breed fire/light/water in a breeding before any element is combined it must be pulled first. If fire is not pulled in this breeding combo you can't breed a magic or a pink you. So if your breeding island/virtue the way the algorithm is setup is to first check the number of elements in the breeding. After checking the number of elements in the breeding it then decides the number of elements it will pull for the breeding. If it pulls all 4 you breed a diamond. 3 or 2 it will then read elements and go from there.

Using a pink hybrid would not increase your chances at diamond because of the splitting. Once 4 elements are used you qualify, if it is then decided not to use all 4 thats it.

I'm not stating my opinion this is fact. I have already spoken to jake about this and it is confirmed. Using a single pink element with a hybrid will not yield a diamond because there is only a total of 3 elements. Everything else i have wrote after that is all speculation on how i think the algorithm works.

grondai
12-20-12, 11:24 PM
And if your saying that you while breeding the pink element you have fire/light/pink being bred, and two elements are being pulled that means you could breed a justice dragon with whatever element you choose to breed pink with

grondai
12-20-12, 11:29 PM
And using a single pink element wouldn't be possible. Using a virtue dragon would be. Are you sure he isn't playing on words if that is what he said?

grondai
12-20-12, 11:41 PM
And everything you just said didn't explain the pink element. If what you just said is true that would mean that it would be impossible to get a laser light dragon when trying for a flower dragon. It would always use the pink element....

Takiofallen
12-21-12, 12:01 AM
Grondai come on good sir, your not reading what i wrote properly i will simplify it to make it very simple. Jake has said it is impossible to breed a diamond using a 2 element hybrid and a Virtue dragon because there are only 3 elements being use in the breeding. Everything else i wrote is how i believe it to work that way. It's not me who makes the rules it's jake. If you want perfect clarity you will have to ask him just like i did. I can't explain it any better then that without confusing you.

grondai
12-21-12, 12:04 AM
Grondai come on good sir, your not reading what i wrote properly i will simplify it to make it very simple. Jake has said it is impossible to breed a diamond using a 2 element hybrid and a Virtue dragon because there are only 3 elements being use in the breeding. Everything else i wrote is how i believe it to work that way. It's not me who makes the rules it's jake. If you want perfect clarity you will have to ask him just like i did. I can't explain it any better then that without confusing you.

Quote his message

Takiofallen
12-21-12, 12:34 AM
And the way the pink element works in my explanation, it would not be impossible for you to get a laser light when trying for a flower. Understand that the pink element does not function like the others. What decides if you get the flower dragon or any other light/fire hybrid is by what element is pulled.

When i use the term pull/pulled think about a bag of marbles and when pulling your removing them from a bag. SO if you need 4 marbles to be able to breed a diamond and there is only 3 in the bag you can't. Let me try 1 more time to explain

Ok so you have forest/pink/water in a bag. In another bag you have a 4 pieces of paper numbered 1 through 4.The last bag will be a bag only used if the pink element is picked it contains 2 pieces of paper one marked y the other marked n. So first you go to the number bag to find out how many elements will be pulled for the breeding. Now you pull the number 4 which will result in a diamond dragon but since there are only 3 elements in the bag you can't get a diamond because the qualifications are not met. You then go back in to the number bag and pull out the number 2. So now you will pullout 2 elements from that bag to breed with. The two elements you pull are pink and forest. Now because you have pulled the pink element you must go to the third bag with the y and n pieces of paper. Y means you split the pink, N means you don't split the pink. If you chose N the two elements will bred and result in the flower.

If you chose Y then the pink must split. Now even though the pink has split and you now have 3 elements again remember you are only allowed to use 2 elements in the breeding. This was the first choice that was made. You can't go back and re choose how many will be used in the breeding pair.

So now with the split you chose the two that will be used in the breeding. You place them back in the bag and chose the 2 to breed with. If you pull out the light and fire element you now have the chance of breeding any fire/light hybrid.

get it?

Takiofallen
12-21-12, 12:38 AM
Quote his message

If i still had it in my inbox i would have done it a long time ago because it would have put this to rest.

witchydesign
12-21-12, 12:58 AM
Ok i think i get what you guys are saying lemme see if i can explain it a bit better for Grondai.

Ok, so pink is it own element. If you breed a pink and a wizard you cant get a diamond because the breeding den sees it as only 3 elements. All it sees is pink/purple/blue so it automatically says no for diamond.

But offspring of a pink can be red, white or pink. But even though its babies can be any of those 3, you still wont get a diamond from a virtue, because the den sees that dragon as a single element, regardless of what its offsprings colors could be.

Does that clear things up Grondai?

Nefertekas
12-21-12, 02:07 AM
Girls have cat fights. Do boys have dog fights? Get me the popcorn. x)

All I know now, anyway, is that I'll never be seeing the blasted laserlight. I got the pinky on first try, so I'm assuming it'll be a lot easier to get for me than the laserlight,for which i've tried quite a few times...

henrylucky
12-21-12, 02:18 AM

I'm true?? :)

foxxiegirl
12-21-12, 07:23 AM
Girls have cat fights. Do boys have dog fights? Get me the popcorn. x)

All I know now, anyway, is that I'll never be seeing the blasted laserlight. I got the pinky on first try, so I'm assuming it'll be a lot easier to get for me than the laserlight,for which i've tried quite a few times...

Lol believe me....I got 7 laserlight just from doing Kite. You'll get it and then you'll get sick of them. Everytime you put Virtue in the breed you've got a chance at Laserlight,Love and Tusker.

Nefertekas
12-21-12, 08:19 AM
Lol believe me....I got 7 laserlight just from doing Kite. You'll get it and then you'll get sick of them. Everytime you put Virtue in the breed you've got a chance at Laserlight,Love and Tusker.

Well, I hope I can get one x) just because I haven't yet. :p

grondai
12-21-12, 09:39 AM
Okay so it sees it as one element, but if you breed a virtue with a forest dragon you can get a love dragon? That means in that combo it saw two elements in the pink dragon?

Ok i think i get what you guys are saying lemme see if i can explain it a bit better for Grondai.

Ok, so pink is it own element. If you breed a pink and a wizard you cant get a diamond because the breeding den sees it as only 3 elements. All it sees is pink/purple/blue so it automatically says no for diamond.

But offspring of a pink can be red, white or pink. But even though its babies can be any of those 3, you still wont get a diamond from a virtue, because the den sees that dragon as a single element, regardless of what its offsprings colors could be.

Does that clear things up Grondai?

grondai
12-21-12, 09:45 AM
I get what your saying, what doesn't make sense to me is why would every breed check for diamond first? Everything your saying makes sense but until Jake tells me it's true idk. I don't understand at what point does the pink decide to split? It's all programming but it should be possible for diamond otherwise you will have Sam and Bobby being misled because they assumed when pink splits it counts towards diamond

And the way the pink element works in my explanation, it would not be impossible for you to get a laser light when trying for a flower. Understand that the pink element does not function like the others. What decides if you get the flower dragon or any other light/fire hybrid is by what element is pulled.

When i use the term pull/pulled think about a bag of marbles and when pulling your removing them from a bag. SO if you need 4 marbles to be able to breed a diamond and there is only 3 in the bag you can't. Let me try 1 more time to explain

Ok so you have forest/pink/water in a bag. In another bag you have a 4 pieces of paper numbered 1 through 4.The last bag will be a bag only used if the pink element is picked it contains 2 pieces of paper one marked y the other marked n. So first you go to the number bag to find out how many elements will be pulled for the breeding. Now you pull the number 4 which will result in a diamond dragon but since there are only 3 elements in the bag you can't get a diamond because the qualifications are not met. You then go back in to the number bag and pull out the number 2. So now you will pullout 2 elements from that bag to breed with. The two elements you pull are pink and forest. Now because you have pulled the pink element you must go to the third bag with the y and n pieces of paper. Y means you split the pink, N means you don't split the pink. If you chose N the two elements will bred and result in the flower.

If you chose Y then the pink must split. Now even though the pink has split and you now have 3 elements again remember you are only allowed to use 2 elements in the breeding. This was the first choice that was made. You can't go back and re choose how many will be used in the breeding pair.

So now with the split you chose the two that will be used in the breeding. You place them back in the bag and chose the 2 to breed with. If you pull out the light and fire element you now have the chance of breeding any fire/light hybrid.

get it?

Takiofallen
12-21-12, 10:06 AM
No i am not saying every breed checks for diamond first, i am saying that if it happens to check for diamond because the requirements are not met you won't have the opportunity.

At the beginning i also thought it was possible but since the element does not act like the others i didn't want to waste time breeding it. So i asked jake and he told my that it is only 3 elements between the 2 parents and that because of that you could never breed a diamond this way.

my other examples is just an idea that explains how i think it works.

grondai
12-21-12, 10:36 AM
Lol I spent too much of my life on this conversation, *shakes hand*

Takiofallen
12-21-12, 10:40 AM
*Shakes hand in return* Hey at least it's better than a bad move thats 2 hours long lol

grondai
12-21-12, 11:10 AM
:D I'm finally crafting a scroll

PDAGuppies
12-21-12, 01:27 PM
:D I'm finally crafting a scroll

Lol, it takes forever to. Collect a green gem lol

mica4817
12-22-12, 08:16 AM
It took 33 hours for my Virtue dragon. Where did you get 21 hrs? Is it different on different devices?

2silly4u
12-22-12, 12:33 PM
I don't have the pink habitat!! I'm on level 41 its weird. I have an Android do we not get anything pink yet?

profsink
12-22-12, 01:41 PM
I don't have the pink habitat!! I'm on level 41 its weird. I have an Android do we not get anything pink yet?

Nope, Android gets no Pink, no Boosts, no Album, no Gemstones, no storage, no Trading, no Spell crafting, ultra cheap stop playing five times sooner costs... They're "working on it".

smurfje69
12-23-12, 03:30 AM
Yes but for how long........

sunnyk51
12-23-12, 07:28 PM
thank you jake for keeping us android users in your thoughts when it comes to the newer dragons. I know it is hard to do so many things so I just want to say thank you for letting us know we will get them sooner than later. It is so heartbreaking to see all that the iso gets and we don't so I am tickled pink we will at least get the new pink dragons.

dozer67
12-26-12, 10:09 AM
Can I get the new pink update on my kindle?

jrodt333
12-26-12, 12:38 PM
Can I get the new pink update on my kindle?

No. But last time the light dragons were released the Thursday after iOS got them; maybe Kindle and Android will get them this Thursday.

Anji330
12-27-12, 08:00 AM
No. We're all clueless about this. Jake, a game designer, has been pushing toward the speeding up of things. This game was created for iOS and then ported into android, so they have a team of programmers working on how to make things work in DS for android players.

I keep seeing this repeated everywhere as the reason things are taking so long, so I thought I would look it up, knowing only that iOS and Android are not the same language. So, I learn that iOS is likely Objective-C ANSI, or C++, while Android is Java. Porting the game from iOS to Android is practically useless due to the same functions not being available in the same way in both programming languages, leaving you with jangled code worth nothing if you try to reverse engineer it; aside from a couple of user-friendly 3rd party extensions like push notification and monetizing advertising.
:rolleyes:
I also learned it's believed by experienced coders themselves that it's easier to learn to write for Android than it was to learn to write for iOS. You could always use a cross-platform framework like PhoneGap, Adobe Air or Mobile Roadie to make an app for both platforms at the same time, but coding it for each might be the better route, and why learn a cross-platform program when you can just learn the Java Language? That said, if one knows how to write C and one knows how to write Java, there's no reason for both versions to not be released at the same time.

kwhales
12-27-12, 08:10 AM
Jake, Thank you for the 5 extra habitats. Now, can you do something about how long it takes to clear land to put these brand new habitats on? 3 days to collect maps, 46 hours to expand and the 46 hours to clear the weed, then you find another weed underneath a tree !!! please help.

amihan0307
12-27-12, 08:55 AM
in an attempt to make my snowman dragon, i bred my fuzzy dragon (lvl9) and love dragon (lvl9) i ended up with a virtue dragon... now hatching 👍

Spiceshirl
12-27-12, 09:28 AM
I hate pink dragons with a passion!!! It's a diamond **** joy!!! Since this pink dragon wherever I breed diamond and infinity 99% of the time I may get a diamond it's how I got my other diamonds now all I get is Virtue, virtue and more virtue I will never deleted New dawn!! Pink I hate the sight of you!!!

smurfje69
12-28-12, 04:30 AM
I there somebody who knows when it comes out for android?....

Nefertekas
12-28-12, 04:33 AM
I there somebody who knows when it comes out for android?....

No. We're all awaiting developments.

smurfje69
12-28-12, 04:51 AM
Okay thanks....

freyx378
12-29-12, 12:15 AM
I'm quite disappointed that the new habitats came out on DS is the new red and green habitats in which we could obtain them for 500 gold each. Truthfully, i think if TL can bring out these two habitats with such ease even for Android, why would we have to wait for the Pink one? Is it because for boosting the gold sales? I wonder.

B3llamour
12-30-12, 01:44 PM
Tbh, I don't know why it was only released to IOS users. Most game developers that make games for multiple platforms wait until it's developed for all platforms before releasing. In fact, this is the first game I've played where it seems IOS is treated better than android (2 weeks and still no release?) I understand these things take time but with the snowman and elf dragon, I'm sure everyone wouldn't have minded waiting so it was fair to everyone. I'm obsessed with pink (even my hair is pink) and to see my local friends playing with new dragons I can't is frustrating. All I get to see are teasing pop ups and empty dragon and habitat pages. I've played this game for a while and love it. Haven't had a single complaint until now (I do agree with what some people say about pricing but it hasn't bothered me enough to make my first post. This however, is very frustrating. It makes me feel less than important to be last on the update list (seriously, two weeks between so far?) I just had back surgery and your games have kept me busy so its upsetting to see something like this happen.

jrodt333
12-30-12, 06:17 PM
Tbh, I don't know why it was only released to IOS users. Most game developers that make games for multiple platforms wait until it's developed for all platforms before releasing. In fact, this is the first game I've played where it seems IOS is treated better than android (2 weeks and still no release?) I understand these things take time but with the snowman and elf dragon, I'm sure everyone wouldn't have minded waiting so it was fair to everyone. I'm obsessed with pink (even my hair is pink) and to see my local friends playing with new dragons I can't is frustrating. All I get to see are teasing pop ups and empty dragon and habitat pages. I've played this game for a while and love it. Haven't had a single complaint until now (I do agree with what some people say about pricing but it hasn't bothered me enough to make my first post. This however, is very frustrating. It makes me feel less than important to be last on the update list (seriously, two weeks between so far?) I just had back surgery and your games have kept me busy so its upsetting to see something like this happen.

Don't expect it to come out soon. We've waited months for other stuff that we still don't have. At least Jake said they're working on it.

[S8] Elsa
12-31-12, 11:36 AM
I keep seeing this repeated everywhere as the reason things are taking so long, so I thought I would look it up, knowing only that iOS and Android are not the same language. So, I learn that iOS is likely Objective-C ANSI, or C++, while Android is Java. Porting the game from iOS to Android is practically useless due to the same functions not being available in the same way in both programming languages, leaving you with jangled code worth nothing if you try to reverse engineer it; aside from a couple of user-friendly 3rd party extensions like push notification and monetizing advertising.
:rolleyes:
I also learned it's believed by experienced coders themselves that it's easier to learn to write for Android than it was to learn to write for iOS. You could always use a cross-platform framework like PhoneGap, Adobe Air or Mobile Roadie to make an app for both platforms at the same time, but coding it for each might be the better route, and why learn a cross-platform program when you can just learn the Java Language? That said, if one knows how to write C and one knows how to write Java, there's no reason for both versions to not be released at the same time.

We're always looking for knowledgable and talented folks to add to our team. You're welcome to check out our Careers page (http://www.storm8.com/careers) if you feel you know that much about our development process.

smurfje69
01-01-13, 06:42 AM
does anyone knows when it is for android??

Nefertekas
01-01-13, 06:57 AM
does anyone knows when it is for android??

No idea.

doughpuncher
01-06-13, 09:51 PM
Thank you for explaining about the ios and android situation.

I installed the new version, but could not find the pink habitat. So i removed it from my samsung galaxy 2, and reloaded it back on the phone. I removed the game again, i tried powering down the phone, then turning it back on, and reloading one last time. I asked some of the other players if there was a certain level to be reached to be able to see the habitat or not, of course only to find out that no that is not the case. I have spent about 2 weeks trying to figure out why i could not see the stupid habitat to purchase, but i could see it when i went to other peoples screens.

I should have come to this blog 1st before i did all of the above, lesson learned.

Any idea of an eta on when it will be available to android users yet?

Nefertekas
01-07-13, 03:18 AM
Thank you for explaining about the ios and android situation.

I installed the new version, but could not find the pink habitat. So i removed it from my samsung galaxy 2, and reloaded it back on the phone. I removed the game again, i tried powering down the phone, then turning it back on, and reloading one last time. I asked some of the other players if there was a certain level to be reached to be able to see the habitat or not, of course only to find out that no that is not the case. I have spent about 2 weeks trying to figure out why i could not see the stupid habitat to purchase, but i could see it when i went to other peoples screens.

I should have come to this blog 1st before i did all of the above, lesson learned.

Any idea of an eta on when it will be available to android users yet?

I knew there would be android users very confused about this! You poor thing :( no... No dates for release yet.

daremonai
01-08-13, 08:46 PM
Will we be getting a Pink Banner to go with the new Habitat?

jrodt333
01-08-13, 09:13 PM

Soon. Jake posted a picture of it somewhere, but I don't remember where.

laurelsail
01-11-13, 04:05 PM
Can someone tell me how to get the pink dragons? Justice, etc. I am only getting Love Dragons! Help!

MomsHouseofSweets
01-11-13, 04:38 PM
Are you Android or IOS? If Android, you can't right now, as certain dragons and item have not been made available to us as yet.

edolka
01-11-13, 05:39 PM
An if you are iOS you can't get them if you're not at level 20

lriptide
01-11-13, 08:11 PM
An if you are iOS you can't get them if you're not at level 20

i got virtue egg when i was lvl 19, and i grinded from 19 to 20 to buy pink habitat

edolka
01-12-13, 05:30 AM
i got virtue egg when i was lvl 19, and i grinded from 19 to 20 to buy pink habitat

I was only going by what Jake posted on the first page of this thread - The base dragon for this color is the Virtue Dragon, which can be bred by combining red and white parents. The minimum level for the Virtue Dragon is 20, so you won't be hatching this dragon until you've reached that level.

kooky panda
01-12-13, 08:45 AM

No word on when this will be out.

Soon. Jake posted a picture of it somewhere, but I don't remember where.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43107-New-habitats-costs-gold-Why&p=498895&viewfull=1#post498895

http://i.imgur.com/0iyth.png

chezconstance
01-14-13, 05:25 PM
Do you have an ETA on when the pink will be available to android users?

faisal01911349250
01-28-13, 04:15 AM
Just got a virtue in the nest a few hours back, second try so very good besides first was laserlight

Nefertekas
01-28-13, 04:54 AM
Just got a virtue in the nest a few hours back, second try so very good besides first was laserlight

Well, I gotta say: jackpot! :D i was afraid I wouldn't get laserlight but I eventually got it while trying for justice.