PDA

View Full Version : Dog Bowls

Unregistered
12-08-10, 10:04 PM
I give nice gifts to my neighbors, trees or animals that earn them coins. I get dog bowls most of the time and I don't have a dog. Are my neighbors trying to insult me or is the a hidden meaning behind this? I would refuse the gift but that would be rude.

Unregistered
12-08-10, 10:14 PM
I give nice gifts to my neighbors, trees or animals that earn them coins. I get dog bowls most of the time and I don't have a dog. Are my neighbors trying to insult me or is the a hidden meaning behind this? I would refuse the gift but that would be rude.

Your neighbours are not trying to offend you in any way. Dog Bowls are worth the most $$$ when you sell them ($600 each, I think, but its been a while since I sold some, so I could be wrong). That is why your neighbours are constantly sending them. I personally take it as a compliment, that my neighbours want me to earn the most from their gift. There is actually a thread on this forum somewhere, where the OP said they are going to save up dog bowls to buy a mansion. It was going to take her something like 5 years. Sarcastic or not, it was kind of funny. Happy farming.

Unregistered
12-09-10, 01:55 AM
Dog bowls bring 400. I can't believe how many neighbors are insulted & ask me to never send them a dog bowl again. When I apologize & tell them why I send them, it never fails....they post on their wall "Please send dog bowls!"

ZL123
12-09-10, 06:50 AM
Dog bowls bring 400. I can't believe how many neighbors are insulted & ask me to never send them a dog bowl again. When I apologize & tell them why I send them, it never fails....they post on their wall "Please send dog bowls!"
Lol, that's funny.
Although I would prefer animals or trees because they give me coins everyday (or almost everyday) whereas the dog bowl only sells once...
And why would you gift a wooden crate for?

Unregistered
12-09-10, 11:07 AM
Your neighbours are not trying to offend you in any way. Dog Bowls are worth the most $$$ when you sell them ($600 each, I think, but its been a while since I sold some, so I could be wrong). That is why your neighbours are constantly sending them. I personally take it as a compliment, that my neighbours want me to earn the most from their gift. There is actually a thread on this forum somewhere, where the OP said they are going to save up dog bowls to buy a mansion. It was going to take her something like 5 years. Sarcastic or not, it was kind of funny. Happy farming.

Acutally at $400 a bowl and able to only except 20 a day it comes out to 3.42 years....

Unregistered
12-09-10, 11:14 AM
Lol, that's funny.
Although I would prefer animals or trees because they give me coins everyday (or almost everyday) whereas the dog bowl only sells once...
And why would you gift a wooden crate for?

I have neighbors that gift other things too. My farm is full, I have no room for more animals and trees so I decline all those gifts. Yet they bothered to send something so I make sure I water them before declining their gift.

The dog bowls I can sell at least and save for other things like decorations I may want. I send dog bowls only. If my nbr want trees, they can sell the bowl and buy trees, or whatever else they might want :)

Unregistered
12-10-10, 09:47 AM
Lol, i was frustrated at the beginning, why a dog bowl, even was about to write on my wall saying no more dog bowls! I was declining all those bowls. But then i thought why soo many people chose to send, may b there is awisdom, so icame to the forum for the answer.

I am glad i didnt write on my wall, i would b so embarassed.

Now i think some of my nbrs r wondering the same things, but cant post on their walls explaining, no spare time. Hope they will get to know soon.

Juls
12-10-10, 10:09 AM
I never understand why people decline gifts. I get the whole giving of dog bowls because they sell for $400.00. But you can also sell the trees, crates,cows etc for money also. That's what I do if I don't want the gift.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 10:46 PM
I never understand why people decline gifts. I get the whole giving of dog bowls because they sell for $400.00. But you can also sell the trees, crates,cows etc for money also. That's what I do if I don't want the gift.

When u decline gifts like apple tree, hen, etc, u have room to receive bowls, because trees and hens when sold brings few coins only. As the space numbers r limited for gifts (20) i prefer to have 20 bowls, maximum earning, hope this helps :)

Unregistered
12-13-10, 01:11 PM
I have neighbors that gift other things too. My farm is full, I have no room for more animals and trees so I decline all those gifts. Yet they bothered to send something so I make sure I water them before declining their gift.

The dog bowls I can sell at least and save for other things like decorations I may want. I send dog bowls only. If my nbr want trees, they can sell the bowl and buy trees, or whatever else they might want :)

Why would you decline the gift, when you can sell it? You can sell the trees, animals and other decor also! It doesn't bring in as much money as a dog bowl does, but it's still money, nevertheless :)

Unregistered
12-21-10, 07:05 PM
Why would you decline the gift, when you can sell it? You can sell the trees, animals and other decor also! It doesn't bring in as much money as a dog bowl does, but it's still money, nevertheless :)

Because you maximize the profit by accepting only dog bowls since you can only receive 20 gifts a day. Selling 20 dogs bowls will equal to 8000 coins a day. Selling anything other than a dog bowl will give you less money in return.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 05:11 PM

Well if they don't want them..I surely will take them..Pumpkin529..send them 2 me and ya can add me..lol

Unregistered
01-30-11, 12:17 PM
Well if they don't want them..I surely will take them..Pumpkin529..send them 2 me and ya can add me..lol

Hi its Pumpin529 again Hi. plz stop sending me dogbowls now. Since the valentine update, crates are now the best giving /selling gifts LOL. 600 !!! Plz add Pumpkin529 & send crates. CRATES

Not tellin
01-30-11, 12:23 PM
Wow!!! That's great, from now on all my nbrs are gettin crates, by the way, when u send them can u also put things inside? For instance a chicken maybe? 2 gifts for the price of one! I'm gonna go try it !

Unregistered
01-30-11, 12:28 PM
Wow!!! That's great, from now on all my nbrs are gettin crates, by the way, when u send them can u also put things inside? For instance a chicken maybe? 2 gifts for the price of one! I'm gonna go try it !

that is so effinn stooopid kid. Chicken would b DEAD since theres no breathin holes in the crates. Gawd u kids crack me up with your stooopid ideas

Unregistered
01-30-11, 03:38 PM
I sold some spare crates I had and only got 50

Julie
01-31-11, 03:43 PM
You decline the gift because you can only accept 20 gifts per day, so if you don't want another Apple tree that only sells for 10 coins decline it! I'd take 20 dog bowls at 400 coins each any day!!!!

Unregistered
02-18-11, 07:53 AM
Hi its Pumpin529 again Hi. plz stop sending me dogbowls now. Since the valentine update, crates are now the best giving /selling gifts LOL. 600 !!! Plz add Pumpkin529 & send crates. CRATES

I sold a crate this morning in regular Farm Story (not Valentine version) and only got the usual 50 coins for it.

Old MacJiggles
03-04-11, 07:39 AM
I have two Leveling-up strategies.

The first one is to sell my dog bowls and then buy a chair. The chair is worth 5 XP, and then when I sell the chair I get $60 back as well. and I got that 5XP for free. (Dog Bowls... the gift that keeps on giving) :D

The second way I level up faster is simply plant all red quinoa (each square is worth +6 XP) for example, if you have a 20x20 farm and you plant ALL red quinoa, thats 6x400=2,400 XP at a cost/RQ seed of $130x400=52,000. then if you sell all 400 squares (no cash for selling plots ): but you will get 1 XP per re-plow (cost $10) leaving you with a grand total of 2,800 XP at a cost total cost of 56,000

* Keep in mind that If you buy a farm house for $200,000 you only get 2,500 XP, so I think my second option is the most efficient way to get the most XP in the fastest time, for the least amount of money...

Unregistered
03-04-11, 07:52 AM
ONE of my two Leveling-up strategies...

I sell my dog bowls and then buy a chair. The chair is worth 5 XP, and then when I sell the chair I get $60 back as well. and I got that 5XP for free. (Dog Bowls... the gift that keeps on giving) :D