PDA

View Full Version : Trading&crafting tricks&tips

grondai
12-16-12, 12:05 PM
Okay guys I've gotten the basis of these new features and I've picked up sow tricks to help you out.

trading

1. Currently we only have emerald and ruby dragon so your going to need fire/forest trades. I found that the easiest way to get both large gems at the dames time is to breed forest with fire because the "fail" times are low. You need a super dragon and currently you can get forestfire, landworm, and snowman dragon which can give you 1large green gem, 1 large fire gem, and 1 mystery box.

2. Scrolls: there is no easy way to get scrolls. If your lucky you will get a scroll from a mystery box but the chances are low. So far I have gotten 1/5 super dragon trades. Getting scrolls along with trading for the large gems can be deficult. I would suggest getting small air/forest gems whenever you don't have a dragon cooking in your portal.

3. Start trading for future gemstone dragons. I already have 7 water and magic gems which will only leave the scrolls for me to get in the future. Make sure you always have something cooking in your portal so the future updates will come easier.

4. For blue/yellow you want to breed water/air. The fail times will be much longer with mist but this will give you the best odds of a super rare. You will need a seabreese or a clown dragon.

5. Magic will be the most difficult large gemstone to get. There are very few super rares and they have high fail times. Hopefully this will be a long time before the magic gemstone dragon comes out.

Crafting

1. Before creating anything make sure you request lotus blossoms

2. There is no other use for small water gemstones so use them to make a dragon topiary when you can. Same goes for the caretaker cabin. Use those blossoms and magic gemstones.

foxxiegirl
12-16-12, 12:09 PM
Very Nice. Now give me all of your Scrolls so i can make a Ruby please ;)

grondai
12-16-12, 12:11 PM
Very Nice. Now give me all of your Scrolls so i can make a Ruby please ;)

Lol I used them all for my emerald. Its gonna take a while

grondai
12-16-12, 12:12 PM
6. Btw try to stay away from trading commons. 6 hours and it only gives you a mystery box with a small gem

Nefertekas
12-16-12, 12:27 PM
6. Btw try to stay away from trading commons. 6 hours and it only gives you a mystery box with a small gem

Of one of its random colors, right? So the "best" commons to trade would be fruitfuls, because of the scrolls. If you have nothing else to shove in the portal, do a fruitful. (i only have one though)

Anywa, nice list. :) i was lucky enough to have six scorpions (stupidly i could have eight, but decided to sell 2 of them after hatching D: i should have bought another habitat for them...) so i have 2 large gems and 2 large topaz already. I also traded, uh, 3 fairies? Maybe 3 or whatever. Yeah. Useful for the scrolls. I also only got one free scroll. Hopefully the last scroll will be set to crafting tonight ^.^ then tomorrow i'll craft my ruby.

Countergolem
12-18-12, 01:48 AM
Can I get some help as to which dragons i should trade? Please take a look at my island (id: Countergolem) .thanks :)

Nefertekas
12-18-12, 02:24 AM
Maybe one of your several eagles. Or even one fairy, because it means you can craft another scroll "right away". You have three ice creams, two mirages , three seabreezes. I don't think I'd trade the seabreezes though, at least for now. Maybe the eagles for now, or some of them. I only have like three eagles now xD and four scorpions (I traded two, for the large rubies).

kwhales
12-18-12, 04:28 AM
You really only need one of each dragon--not enough room for dups, so anything you have more of..off they go. I started with ones i had triplicates of, the two. I also go rid of the commons first....they are easier to breed, so they went first cause i know i will get more. Just remember, they have to be level 4 or higher to trade.

tr8on
12-18-12, 06:22 AM
What I did was... I got rid of my common dragons (water, fire, forest) to make room for dupes. I have been breeding Forest and Fire since the update came out. Since I have all the dragons for Fire and Forest... I get them to lvl 4 then trade em. Been doing pretty good. Some dragons depending on rarity will give you small or large gems, since the dragons are only Ruby and Emerald. Why mess with the other breeds if all you really want is the dragons? (maybe Air for scrolls if you need).

nikky2012
12-18-12, 06:58 AM
I've done pretty well trading in any extra tri color dragons I've gotten. And fairies. Lots and lots of fairies.

aliehsNwonderland
12-18-12, 09:23 AM
im so pissed! i trade my 2 red rare dragons and i got 2 big rubies for it. i purchased 2-3 spell scroll (I lost count since i run out of gold) the last time I checked yesterday it was in my storage. I purchased gold to get those scroll and now i cant find it in my storage!!! few minutes ago i crafted a spell scroll that's when i discover that all my gems and spell scroll are gone! i had few small gems too (also I cant find it) that i'm collecting coz i wanted to craft big gems and scroll.. NOW HOW AM I GONNA DO IT?????

Horntail21
12-18-12, 12:27 PM
I sold a fairy and it ****ed me to do so. I only had two and I didn't get my first one til I was in the 50's somewhere. At least I have one left. It's not going anywhere. I've also sold an eagle and a scorpion but I had at least three of each.

Nefertekas
12-18-12, 01:07 PM
im so pissed! i trade my 2 red rare dragons and i got 2 big rubies for it. i purchased 2-3 spell scroll (I lost count since i run out of gold) the last time I checked yesterday it was in my storage. I purchased gold to get those scroll and now i cant find it in my storage!!! few minutes ago i crafted a spell scroll that's when i discover that all my gems and spell scroll are gone! i had few small gems too (also I cant find it) that i'm collecting coz i wanted to craft big gems and scroll.. NOW HOW AM I GONNA DO IT?????

Maybe try restaring your game or your iDevice?

grondai
12-18-12, 01:46 PM

If you didn't accidentally craft something I would report it. I would also make sure you slid your finger across to make sure it's not further back in your storage. If you store deco in your storage it pushes everything back

nikky2012
12-18-12, 01:52 PM
I sold a fairy and it ****ed me to do so. I only had two and I didn't get my first one til I was in the 50's somewhere. At least I have one left. It's not going anywhere. I've also sold an eagle and a scorpion but I had at least three of each.

I didn't get my first fairy until I was in the sixties. But then I got like five in 20 breedings. I was using a tri dragon with a single element and got a bunch.

mammami08
12-18-12, 05:14 PM
I traded all my duplicats which all were super rares, that made some free space in my habitats (the cap hadn't raised then have now) and that allowes me to keep the ones i breed now, get them to lvl 4 and then trade.

So my strategi is to keep one of each and try to keep the new ones to get o lvl 4 and then just trade them away. Still trying for the snowman and have been for a week so alot of large red and green gems by now. I seems to breed landworm every second try but just can't get snowman wich is weird since they both are superrare. I meen in over 50 tries about 23 have been landworm, the rest an even mix between life and wild but not a singel snowman... Starting to think there is some snowman-not-availible-to-me bug in my game:(

stellasislant
12-18-12, 06:09 PM
I trade 2 forestfires to get big red gem+ big green + mystery box for each.
I trade mistmoths for yellow gems and lifes for small greens to craft scrolls.
Now I am waiting for my emerald egg crafting.

stellasislant
12-18-12, 06:22 PM
Sorry, it was Mindvolts for yellow gems.

Isla03
01-18-13, 10:07 AM
I have 14 small pearls from trading my dragons and nothing in the Spell Shop about them! Please can someone tell me why I am collecting them.Thanks

cedkugedchgd
01-18-13, 10:22 AM
i think the pearl gemstone dragon is releasing soon so keep them.

Isla03
01-18-13, 10:26 AM
Thank you :)

games23
01-19-13, 12:48 AM
How to get sapphire in my craft shop??

kwhales
01-19-13, 06:59 AM
How to get sapphire in my craft shop??

You need to wait until TL releases the update to all IOS. As far as I know, it hasn't been released yet to everyone.

FlamingInferno
01-19-13, 07:29 AM
Grondai the best way to get scrolls are a fairy dragon. The mystery box of fairy has more chance of giving scrolls, and fairy give green and yellow gems to make maps :)

Lolas_Kryptonite
01-19-13, 09:54 AM
Grondai the best way to get scrolls are a fairy dragon. The mystery box of fairy has more chance of giving scrolls, and fairy give green and yellow gems to make maps :)

That's if you can even get a fairy. I got most of my scrolls from all my fruitful duplicates. I was trading them back to back when trying for that blasted Elf that I did not get. I noticed when trading, that the colour of gem for fruitful tended to alternate.

jennyh30
01-26-13, 09:52 AM
I have three of the love dragon I think and 2 winter dragons and a second sunrise on the way. Is it worth feeding/evolving them to trade or should I just sell? What do you get for trading them?

kurebiz
01-26-13, 10:06 AM
these are common dragons. i think you can a mystery box.
for rare dragons you get a small gem of the colour.
super rare dragons = large gem.

lollipop_rp
01-26-13, 10:53 AM
U should trade them

ashleyann2006
01-26-13, 11:03 AM
How do you trade dragons???

AuntyRose32
01-26-13, 11:15 AM
Trade them, even if they are common you will need the smaller gems they give you for making scrolls which will help you craft nether dust. Trading is more beneficial at this point I think.

sollia
01-26-13, 12:37 PM
How do you trade dragons???

Are you on an Apple device? If not, you can't trade.

KadeeDid
01-26-13, 07:15 PM
What is the point if the caretaker cabin? Just deco? If so, why bother?

DragonHeart0
01-26-13, 08:23 PM
I've done pretty well trading in any extra tri color dragons I've gotten. And fairies. Lots and lots of fairies.

Nikky, please tell me how you get lots and lots of fairies! I'll happily settle for 1 or 2 :)

Nefertekas
01-27-13, 01:15 AM
What is the point if the caretaker cabin? Just deco? If so, why bother?
It's decor. iOS can craft it now, so no need to spend 80 gold like before.

Jaecy
01-30-13, 06:30 PM
I wish I could tell how long this game has been out so I would know who actually has a use for the spell shop and trading portal. That being said if your new to the game do not buy these buildings.

I stupidly bought them because they where in the quest category, and I was dumb enough to believe that if your questing for the object, it must be good for you. Don't be dumb like me. There are 5 good reasons to put off this purchase.

1. Space, each of these buildings takes a 3x3 space fully taking up a space you could have a habitat. Yes I know the "big" habitats are 4x4 but its almost impossible to take advantage of a 1x1 space with anything other then decoration. In fact if you know a way please share

2. No return policy, actually I have some other issues on how a stray finger has cost me 10 dollars in gold and team lavas answer is tough luck. But the no return I'm talking about now is: you can't sell these buildings back, you can't give them back, you can't take a hammer to them. In sort, you just paid money to give up two habitat slots. And you can't use them because.

3. Only dragons at lvl 4 of two colors can be passed through the portal. That's three lvl s of feeding which isn't to bad but, it's 5 to 44 hours of evolving your dragon. In those early days there is no way you really want to give up that evolving time. I've been playing for about 1 month and have spent money to speed up my evolving times my back log waiting to be evolved is about 400 hours.

4. The rewards suck for a newb. A lvl 4 dragon passed through the portal will net you one ??? box. One ??? box will hold one small gem that's red blue yellow or green. It takes 10 small gems to get one large gem. It takes at least 2 big gems to to make a gem dragon. And then there's other ingredients that you can tack on to the two big gems. I got a bit sick looking at how hard it would be to actually use either of these buildings to fully read all of the ingredients

5. Mis-click. The spell shop lets you buy the ingredients with your( real money) gold. I accidentally grazed my hand over a ten real dollar large ruby, and bought it. Eliminate the chance you'll be as clumsy as me by not buying the spell shop.

I have a birth condition that makes my hands shake, do you think team lava would give a care?

If your a newb and like the trading portal and spell shop please share your story.

-Jae

kwhales
01-30-13, 06:33 PM
If you have the storage available to you, you can store these buildings. I think, not positive on this. But you can check it out.

kurebiz
01-30-13, 06:51 PM
You traded a common dragon that's why you got the box.. trade a rare dragon to get a small gem. Super rare dragon for a large gem.

as for the gold traps, nothing can be done about it. :/

grondai
01-30-13, 06:58 PM
Oh I forgot I posted this!

Recap: the best way to get scrolls is to farm yellow/green dragons. I now have 34 scrolls that are ready for anything!

kwhales
01-30-13, 07:03 PM
Oh I forgot I posted this!

Recap: the best way to get scrolls is to farm yellow/green dragons. I now have 34 scrolls that are ready for anything!

I think with this new dragon that is coming out tomorrow, yellow and green dragons are gonna happen, ALOT.

Jaecy
01-30-13, 08:20 PM

Answering the storage comment. I play on an iPad and do not currently have the ability to store either building. And as for trading my rares as opposed to trading commons, as a player who has played for a month I have a few rares but none I wish to get rid of.

brandonu
01-31-13, 10:01 AM
You can trade single element Magic and Virtue dragons now. Unless I'm mistaken, that wasn't the case before. Can anyone confirm that magic dragons could not be traded previously?

badger8
01-31-13, 10:20 AM
Yes, that is true- you could not trade them before. Glad to know they changed it.

Lienyty
02-01-13, 11:39 AM
Oh yeah, now you can trade almost every dragon, from virtue - pink quartz, from light - light pearl (thought you can't use them anythere for now). From magic - amethyst.

kooky panda
02-01-13, 11:45 AM
You can trade single element Magic and Virtue dragons now. Unless I'm mistaken, that wasn't the case before. Can anyone confirm that magic dragons could not be traded previously?

You could not trade magic when this feature first came out. Based on feedback that Jakestorm responded to, this was changed.
Yeah Jake!!!

chiefdragon
02-01-13, 03:22 PM
I have just noticed I'm not able to craft sapphire dragon and nether dust anymore ever since I installed the valentine edition. I'm playing on my iPad. I've tried crafting on the original DS and I don't see the option to craft there too. I was able to craft 3 nether dust last week. Is this a glitch?

kwhales
02-01-13, 03:41 PM
I have just noticed I'm not able to craft sapphire dragon and nether dust anymore ever since I installed the valentine edition. I'm playing on my iPad. I've tried crafting on the original DS and I don't see the option to craft there too. I was able to craft 3 nether dust last week. Is this a glitch?

It seems to be on the vday edition but not all original versions.

salinho
02-01-13, 05:17 PM
You could not trade magic when this feature first came out. Based on feedback that Jakestorm responded to, this was changed.
Yeah Jake!!!
Heck yeah :D quite useful indeed!!

chiefdragon
02-01-13, 10:22 PM
It seems to be on the vday edition but not all original versions.

I have all DS version. I can't see the sapphire and nether dust craft anymore on all DS version.