PDA

View Full Version : Curious

PangHian
12-16-12, 09:02 AM
In view of the new updates (scarecrow and storm dragon updates to gemstones dragon updates), does anyone still play dragon story: new dawn or just use the old one, dragon story to play their dragon story. i am confused. we have 2 apps one new dawn and the other the original one, which have different interfaces... so can we just use the original one and delete new dawn?

grondai
12-16-12, 09:04 AM
In view of the new updates (scarecrow and storm dragon updates to gemstones dragon updates), does anyone still play dragon story: new dawn or just use the old one, dragon story to play their dragon story. i am confused. we have 2 apps one new dawn and the other the original one, which have different interfaces... so can we just use the original one and delete new dawn?

I play both. You can delete new dawn at the moment but they should port updates back to new dawn eventually

foxxiegirl
12-16-12, 09:04 AM
Yea, if you play on an iOS device delete New Dawn.

UnoRaven
12-16-12, 12:07 PM
New Dawn is still the latest version for Android, right?

grondai
12-16-12, 12:10 PM

YesSire

foxxiegirl
12-16-12, 12:10 PM

Yes i believe so.

Cyclohexane
12-16-12, 01:07 PM

No

The only thing New Dawn does differently on Android is change the color scheme (maybe add a light tab when scrolling through dragons). If you like the color scheme, more power to ya. It personally makes me want to puke and gives me a headache. I uninstalled it and play DS only.

UnoRaven
12-16-12, 01:35 PM
No

The only thing New Dawn does differently on Android is change the color scheme (maybe add a light tab when scrolling through dragons). If you like the color scheme, more power to ya. It personally makes me want to puke and gives me a headache. I uninstalled it and play DS only.

Oh, I hope you're right! The color scheme is TERRIBLE!

profsink
12-16-12, 07:31 PM
New Dawn on Android seems faster and more stable on my ancient phone. But yes, there's nothing different content-wise there...

azychan
12-16-12, 08:24 PM
Heh, I think I like the new dawn on android, because I can zoom in/out easily, check in the areas of the top island or the next one the main island that I can not do it in DS :)

Cyclohexane
12-16-12, 10:04 PM
Heh, I think I like the new dawn on android, because I can zoom in/out easily, check in the areas of the top island or the next one the main island that I can not do it in DS :)

That is a cool feature. I didn't notice that. I really liked the old texture and can't get used to the bright green. Looks more like a game my kid should play than me.

Sefyre
12-16-12, 10:34 PM
One of the things I like... and don't like on the original game is that when you're moving things around, the items (like habitats) seem to lock onto the next available spot, if any. Unfortunately, if you're moving something clear across the screen, that auto-lock/auto-lock-to-grid feature becomes a major hindrance.

It took me 5 tries to move my White Meadows across my island because it kept trying to lock down on an unavailable location which made the move prompt go away which meant I had to reinitiate the move feature all over again.