PDA

View Full Version : I just love this game merry christmas

suzysuzy35
12-15-12, 01:55 PM
On reading the threads I see lots of people like to have there say, (far enough I guess) and a little moan about all the things that are annoying about this game. Android users I sympathise with after reading the threads.

I have to say this game is great, yes I'd like it if there was more than one evolution temple or another breeding den, but its not a necessity for me and it wouldn't stop me enjoying this game.

Yep, clearing foliage is expensive, but I patiently wait until I have enough money to clear it. Breeding times are long sometimes, but I occasionally treat myself to a little gold to speed things up.

Now when I get a rare or super rare dragon in my nest, I have a little jig around the kitchen and feel like a kid at Xmas who has got a nice little present in her nest.

Lets have some festive cheer, anyone?

Merry Christmas by the way to all my dragon story neighbours and forum users.

suzysuzy35
12-15-12, 01:56 PM
Sorry if people think this is a rubbish thread, but I'm in a festive mood.x

Lolas_Kryptonite
12-15-12, 01:57 PM
*likes*

grondai
12-15-12, 02:03 PM
:D this game is awesome

clarknova81
12-15-12, 02:10 PM
I agree with you Suzy! I just can't help enjoying this game even if at times it can get on my nerves ( Snowman dragon, why you no like me island!!!???)... But hey, it's always a good feeling going back to my island, especially after a a bad day at work... So yeah! This game is awsome! :)

And merry Xmas to everybody!

kwhales
12-15-12, 02:13 PM
I agree. Its a great game. Could it be better, of course.....Could it be worse...absolutely. Some games out there are ho hum.. This one actually has a challenge to it and strategy involved...

I know, that when tuesday or thursday rolls around, I can't wait to see what's new.

foxxiegirl
12-15-12, 02:23 PM
Awww, great post. Holiday time makes us all jolly inside. Also yes i love DS also! If i ever complain about things in the game which is rare, i do it in a very light hearted way. Since after all if a game is up setting me...should i play it? Nope games are called games for a reason they should be fun :) Now please excuse me while i go waste gold speeding breeds :)

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 03:01 PM
I agree. Its a great game. Could it be better, of course.....Could it be worse...absolutely. Some games out there are ho hum.. This one actually has a challenge to it and strategy involved...

I know, that when tuesday or thursday rolls around, I can't wait to see what's new.
This ^ :D

Pus, we have a nice game developer who comes speak to us honestly every now and then. That is so awesome. I think sometimes we complain, but as we say in Portugal: we complain with a full belly! Ehehe the game is a lot of fun, especially because it's challenging. ;)

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 03:02 PM
Awww, great post. Holiday time makes us all jolly inside. Also yes i love DS also! If i ever complain about things in the game which is rare, i do it in a very light hearted way. Since after all if a game is up setting me...should i play it? Nope games are called games for a reason they should be fun :) Now please excuse me while i go waste gold speeding breeds :)

You're not wasting, you're OPTIMIZING your time! Ehehehe. :D

moostermine
12-15-12, 03:34 PM
Plus.... If you really just want a perfect island, find somebody who has are ally really good one, take a picture and photoshop in anything else you want! Bingo! No wasted money or time! Make two! Game over.
Games are for playing! Merry Christmas and have fun!

catlady920
12-15-12, 08:54 PM
I love this game too...cant wait for the weekly updates. Cant seem to find Frosty either though

bitealot
12-15-12, 09:26 PM
marry Xmas or what ever holiday you fallow. and to TL all i want for Xmas is updates on android!!!! :)

lizzygee23
12-15-12, 10:11 PM
I second that! Merry Christmas everyone!

lizzygee23
12-15-12, 10:43 PM
I love this game too...cant wait for the weekly updates. Cant seem to find Frosty either though

I've gotten frosty twice now. Once using forestfire and fire and the other using landworm and fire. All epic. But I did get a bunch of life dragons in the process. Just keep trying with those combos, if you can, and eventually you'll find frosty! And the wait time is typically only gonna be 3 hours, which is a plus! Good luck!

yjjones93
12-16-12, 12:23 PM
I agree with you! I'm on android and this is one of the best free games I have played. It certainly keeps me coming back to check on my dragons!

Sefyre
12-16-12, 10:46 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays or simply a happy December and New Year to everyone! :)

I don't think this thread is rubbish; I think it's good to remind ourselves that there's always good things to be had and to appreciate them and seeing this thread made me remember to be positive and appreciate the things I have.

I've done a lot of growling lately for a variety of reasons, but the good things outweigh the bad and I will list them here:

1) I have neighbors that are both iOS AND Android!

Considering that the majority of games never allow 'handshaking' between different platforms, this is a pretty 'big thing' in my opinion.

I know that the differences in gameplay and updates have frustrated a lot of us (me included and I will be the first to admit that I've done a lot of griping!), but putting these differences aside, I have to say that it's kind of exciting knowing that some of my fellow DS players are on a different device than me.

I'm a gadget and tech geek and I love all these different devices available to us and having neighbors who have these different devices and being able to interact with their Dragons is almost like being able to interact with their device... which I don't own myself! :D

2) Wonderful dragons!

I really enjoy looking at all the different Dragons available on Dragon Story and like the OP said, I love waiting to see what Dragon is hatching - especially when it's possibly a new one or one that I always love to see (like Lifes!).

3) Consistent weekly updates!

Even though there are some issues with getting all the different devices on the same game and game updates, at least we're all getting the weekly Dragon updates together. :)

margaritaville99
12-16-12, 11:43 PM
I agree with you about the game and the holidays! I love the game, I don't think the dev's thought an older audience would be so devoted to dragon story! This is probably why they can't keep up with the other operating systems. Kids usually play a little while, see the next game advertised and move on, me, I love it and have to tend to my babies all day long!

This is such a nice thread to come and read for a change! To everyone, everywhere Merry
Christmas and/or Happy Holidays, and wishing plenty of blessings for each and everyone!!!
:D

Susyalba
12-17-12, 02:57 AM
Interesting point, I doubt T.L expected the overwhelming response of a more "mature" audience, id like to do a poll on the ages of the players. Of course I don't know for certain, but based on the comments and responses, id say we are not a bunch of "kids" , Funny thing is, I originally downloaded it (D.S) for my 4 yr old grandson to play in the waiting room at the Dr. He enjoys looking at the different dragons and things, and collecting food and coins. But this is definitely MY GAME BTW.....I am in my 40's ;-) and I have a credit card to buy gold!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS and holiday season (whatever your comfortable with)

margaritaville99
12-17-12, 02:28 PM
Interesting point, I doubt T.L expected the overwhelming response of a more "mature" audience, id like to do a poll on the ages of the players. Of course I don't know for certain, but based on the comments and responses, id say we are not a bunch of "kids" , Funny thing is, I originally downloaded it (D.S) for my 4 yr old grandson to play in the waiting room at the Dr. He enjoys looking at the different dragons and things, and collecting food and coins. But this is definitely MY GAME BTW.....I am in my 40's ;-) and I have a credit card to buy gold!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS and holiday season (whatever your comfortable with)

Hi Susy, I am perfectly fine with "Merry Christmas", the Happy Holidays is for those that enjoy the holidays too. I too downloaded the game for similar reasons, only the first time was for my grandson, I was busy with another game with long wait times so I helped him a couple times with the dragons, and decided I liked it. I had him download his on his grandpa's phone and I continued my game. He has long lost interest, said he did not like that long wait time either (he doesn't have a credit card like me :o), 3 hours Life did him in....lol. So that is how I got started and if I get Snowman, just may continue....lol....not.

So, have a blessed holiday everyone and Happy Dragon Stories!!!

amicacordis
12-17-12, 06:51 PM
Now that all iOs users have received their X-mas present it would be great that TL gives Android and Kindle users New Dawn Goals. It would be also nice they increase the max number of habitats to at least 35, so Diamond dragon owners don't have to place Diamond hybrids in common habitats. I know we can place all existing dragons in 30 habitats but once a dragon is in epic form more than two do not look nice in a single habitat. Can you grant us at least a consolation prize?

LilMzB4Life
12-17-12, 07:17 PM
I'm 37 with two children and I love playing DS. Do I gripe sometimes, of course. I'm only human. Sure I would love to have that to Snowman dragon especially since I didn't get Boo but I try my best and if I get the dragon I want, I do my happy dance and move to the next one on my list. I surprised myself with how involved I am with this game. It's challenging and that is what keeps me going. Plus checking on my babies everyday (dragons). So, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All. For those of us still trying to get that one dragon that evades us, I wish us all the best.