PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Islands

nylear13
12-14-12, 10:02 PM
Other than breeding dragons, another thing I like to do on DS is arranging and decorating my island in order to showcase all my beloved dragons in the best possible way. Do you decorate your island? Or just cram habitats together to maximise all available space? ;)

Share pictures of your island here so everyone can get inspired to create a spectacular environment for our dragons!

faisal01911349250
12-14-12, 11:52 PM
Right now I just cram them all in but I will be decorating as soon as i have the space, money and time for it

suzysuzy35
12-15-12, 12:02 AM
Your island looks good, I don't feel I can decorate at the moment as I need all available space, but its something im hoping to do later on.

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 03:49 AM
Wen we start reaching higher levels, we have more money, more space available through expansions, blah blah. :) so it's natural that we all wanna decorate ;D so much fun!

pettopetch
12-15-12, 03:56 AM
Well this is my Island. I use only decorations so all my dragon are on my second island :cool:

Wait for more expansion so I will continue rearrange my dragon habitat.:p

nylear13
12-15-12, 04:18 AM
exactly! I'm earning about half a million coins daily now and almost all my dragons are at epic level already (thank god for the normal light feeding amounts on android) so I got no where else to spend my coins except on expansion. there really are too little decorations though, I would really like some trees to fill up the empty spaces =/

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 04:26 AM
Stupid question? How do i attach thumbnails? Ehehehehe.

Top island.
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zps81743dfd.jpg

Main island:

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zps070dc9b7.jpg

Small one at the bottom: (it used to have decor stuff and now i put the new buildings there, but i don't like how it looks...)
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zpsd1b94774.jpg

Still expanding here. I am unsure whether i will expand to the big island next, or to the tiny one at the bottom and put the trading and crafting buildings down there, along with decor. Probably option number 2.
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zpsf5fee3a6.jpg

nylear13
12-15-12, 04:31 AM
use attachments instead of inserting images :)

btw I like your small island with the farms and new buildings though, wish android has the dawn tree, its just so pretty and...golden

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 04:49 AM
use attachments instead of inserting images :)

btw I like your small island with the farms and new buildings though, wish android has the dawn tree, its just so pretty and...golden

Aaah, but i have to manage attachments then. Hmmm. Don't know what's more troublesome: uploading to photobucket and then posting the link here,or going advanced and attaching. Lol.

Thanks... I feel bad about it now that you mention it. x( android will getbthis eventually, i am sure, but it"s taking so long. Doesnt seem fair!

nylear13
12-15-12, 04:53 AM
aww you don't have to feel bad! I'm trying my best to wait patiently for now. I do wish we can at least have the tree though just because its pretty XD don't mind if the missions come later haha

peteparcon
12-16-12, 07:45 AM
temple, den, and 2 nests
diamond and light are making love

farms

tree and diamond habitats
I have an android phone, so I just used an iphone to view my island so that the gold tree will appear.

main island with the first 5 colors
1 red, 3 green, 2 yellow, 4 blue, 6 purple

light habitats
still expanding the whole island

Nefertekas
12-16-12, 08:12 AM
Peteparcon, cool layout :D

suzysuzy35
12-16-12, 08:53 AM
Nefertekas - hello just realised you were my neighbour, my islands called Suzys island. Nice island by the way.

storm8storm_00
12-16-12, 11:55 PM
Here's mine :)

storm8storm_00
12-16-12, 11:56 PM
Continued... The ugly parts of my island

Sefyre
12-17-12, 12:10 AM
You guys and gals and my neighbors have inspired me to do some decorating once I finish with Snowman Dragon (if I ever manage to breed him in the first place). :) I have stone steps laid out on parts of my main island... but that's kind of it. I've desperately needed the space for new Dragon Habitats and large Farms and so I put off on decorating.

Does anyone have any advice on island-building and growing and decorating? How many habitats of what colors? What size habitats?

I'm on level 29 (just reached it a few minutes ago) and have only started expanding to other island spaces. Owing to the cost of clearing it's going to be pretty slow going.

nylear13
12-17-12, 12:15 AM
Here's mine :)

I love ur lower islands with the purple and diamond habitats! Very nice :)

storm8storm_00
12-17-12, 03:05 AM
I love ur lower islands with the purple and diamond habitats! Very nice :)

Nefertekas
12-17-12, 03:42 AM
Nefertekas - hello just realised you were my neighbour, my islands called Suzys island. Nice island by the way.

Hiya! :D thanks :)

cozycafe69
12-17-12, 06:17 AM
Nefertekas, can you please tell me how to add a picture to a post?

Nefertekas
12-17-12, 07:21 AM
Nefertekas, can you please tell me how to add a picture to a post?

Hello! Well, i upload them to photobucket and then post the link between the appropriate tags: [IMG] [/ IMG]

But you can also upload them into thumbnails. While writing a post, select the button that says GO ADVANCED.

A bit underneath the window where you are writing, there is a button that says MANAG ATTACHMENTS. That's it. :)

cozycafe69
12-17-12, 01:44 PM
Hello! Well, i upload them to photobucket and then post the link between the appropriate tags: [IMG] [/ IMG]

But you can also upload them into thumbnails. While writing a post, select the button that says GO ADVANCED.

A bit underneath the window where you are writing, there is a button that says MANAG ATTACHMENTS. That's it. :)

Thank you!! :-)

cedkugedchgd
12-17-12, 02:21 PM
just wanted to share my island with you guys:

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s641/Koksgeties/6D7680D0-0989-4792-9168-A9F1E02E2745-2596-000002E7875B328D_zpsfabea40f.jpg

sollia
12-17-12, 10:11 PM
Right now all my habitats and buildings are crammed together. If we could "store" habitats and dragons I would start making it all prettier but I just don't have the patience...

Nefertekas
01-05-13, 02:51 AM
Well,i know the title of thethread isn't "funny islands" or "weird islands", but I had to share this one.
So this dude(tte) is level 44 and he/she wants to be the proud owner of seven unhabitat diamond fields, in the off-chance that he/she may one day breed a diamond (and its hybrids). XD
I questioned the person, "why seven?? Why not just one, like me?"
He/she said, "because ofnthe hybrids. They look cooler in diamond fields."

O...kaaaaay. Whatever. XD

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zps8ab3476a.jpg

Lol

Fharido
01-05-13, 04:57 AM
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz264/Nerissa_Solita/dragon_story-2013-01-05-12-50-34_zpscc345416.png
there will come an other big white meadow on the spot of the tree i'm removing, the rest of my island ain't finnished.
i try to leave as manny tree's as possible, i like them as decoration and i don't really care to have all the dragons in the end, just the ones i like.

Skip2TheEnd
01-05-13, 05:05 AM
Here's my Island, don't know why but I like to think the island is like a park with paths attaching everything.

Baraze
01-05-13, 06:49 AM
Well,i know the title of thethread isn't "funny islands" or "weird islands", but I had to share this one.
So this dude(tte) is level 44 and he/she wants to be the proud owner of seven unhabitat diamond fields, in the off-chance that he/she may one day breed a diamond (and its hybrids). XD

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zps8ab3476a.jpg

Lol

My chest hurts from laughing so hard. Gosh....

All of my stuff is crammed together. I have mostly babies too since I traded all of my bigger dragons, not thinking how stupid that was. I was just so excited with the new elements. Now I'm paying for it tenfold. I like going around the community to see pretty islands. I'm just now making enough money to expand and clear some foliage. Still a long ways to go. And to think I'm on level 58.

Nefertekas
01-05-13, 07:01 AM
My chest hurts from laughing so hard. Gosh....

All of my stuff is crammed together. I have mostly babies too since I traded all of my bigger dragons, not thinking how stupid that was. I was just so excited with the new elements. Now I'm paying for it tenfold. I like going around the community to see pretty islands. I'm just now making enough money to expand and clear some foliage. Still a long ways to go. And to think I'm on level 58.
Yes, it's a rather silly island. :p

Oh wow, selling off the older dragons? Well, nevermind. We make mistakes and rise again! You'll catch up soon enough. No need to rush much :)

nylear13
01-06-13, 06:38 AM

Lol

lol that is rather silly, frankly I don't see the point of having uninhabited diamond habitats since there will be plenty of time to build one when you get a 44hr breed time (unless of course its for decoration), but to each their own I suppose :confused:

finally finished clearing my lower right island! :D I wish expanding wouldn't take so long, what with the time spent collecting maps, waiting for expansion to be done and then clearing the plot, its taking me almost a week to clear a single plot now. I'm breeding faster than I can clear a space to put new habitats on :/