PDA

View Full Version : TeamLava needs to reset some levels for fairplay

wtrav
12-14-12, 10:00 AM
This goes for BubbleMania as well. Some levels are just impossible to beat without the help of gems or boosts and this is not right. I understand TeamLava wants to make money but it is simply not fair to create a 'free' game but it is impossible to play free.

Giving 1min 20 sec to gain 60k points is simply impossible with the way the jewels are arranged. Id like to see a teamlava employee to do that. How about giving out 40 bubbles when clearly you need more. And what about those same colour bubbles that come sometimes 5-6 in a row?
Next thing you know you are at the end of the game short of a couple bubbles and boom you make a purchase. It is one thing if you mess up and restart a level but it is another thing when you realize at the very beginning what they ask is very unreasonable, that they give you challenges simply impossible to win without paying. This is getting annoying and I do not play these games to get annoyed.

BlueCanary
12-14-12, 10:28 AM
Some of the levels are indeed quite maddening, but you can get through all of them without having to buy boosts or paying money. I never bought anything, even the coin boosts and I got to island 10 and a few into island 11 without them. For the ones with a timer, try to clear space if there's boxes and try to make as many special gems as you can, try to smash them into each other if possible too and the score will fly.

I can't really speak for BubbleMania because I haven't played it in months, but I got through all of the levels when it was first released without buying anything other than the long range boost (before it cost gems) either.

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 12:18 PM
agreed it may seem like you can't but you can. It me 30-40 tries to beat level 52 in this game but i did get it. I never had a problem in bubble mania. I'm they do shaft you at time by giving you colors you don't need but sometimes you get what you need.
Some of the levels are indeed quite maddening, but you can get through all of them without having to buy boosts or paying money. I never bought anything, even the coin boosts and I got to island 10 and a few into island 11 without them. For the ones with a timer, try to clear space if there's boxes and try to make as many special gems as you can, try to smash them into each other if possible too and the score will fly.

I can't really speak for BubbleMania because I haven't played it in months, but I got through all of the levels when it was first released without buying anything other than the long range boost (before it cost gems) either.

Tassle23
12-14-12, 12:40 PM
Agree with everyone's responses. Just don't give up. I only used gold on the final level 66, and even that was only for a +5 attempts for 15 gold that I had from the beginning. It just takes a lot of time, luck, and strategy. Keep trying!

greatday2bealive
12-14-12, 03:11 PM
I'm on level 49 and have been for last few day...I am not lucky to get diamond and bombs galore...instead I have only 1 combo and I use all the time trying to find it :(
My biggest issue with the game is that it take 1 hr to regenerate energy! I was hoping I could have gotten the 3 gems for fashion story by getting to level 10, but that I can see is never going to happen in the time I have left

moogdaisy
12-14-12, 03:31 PM
I agree with wtrav.

It's simply about testing code and gameplay before releasing, which doesn't seem to happen like, say, Rovio do. TL would absolutely get my money if they made simple games like these (the code really is simple stuff) for buy-able download or at least in-app purchase that is lasting e.g buy 15 seconds for 33 gold....and gold costs 69p for 22 gold? Wow.

Also agreed you CAN get past ridiculous levels - but seriously, ONLY with luck. It's not s**** guys, don't kid yourselves on this point. Or if there are grand masters out there, really, do post on YouTube of completing ridiculous levels more than once. I dare you :)

I say this as I'm on 109 or something on Bubble, and some levels there's no way I'd ever willingly open again as sheer infuriating luck got me past them :)

moogdaisy
12-14-12, 04:27 PM
Well, I said that, then found that on 110 bubble mania, it's not the same story at all as baddie bubbles add more each shot, and can only be solved buy buying a boost.

Which I haven't done, and haven't succeeded, although in frustration accidentally clicked 'refill energy'. Doh!...

TucsonJudy
12-15-12, 09:19 AM
I've deleted the game cuz it freezes & sticks......gonna delete more of the TeamLava games for the same reason. Glad we didn't hafta pay for em.

yupiyupigumgum
12-15-12, 09:33 AM
It's just another game. Don't take it seriously. Just enjoy it. You don't wanna know how long it took me to reach level 10. And you really don't wanna hear what happened later with the gems i've got from this game. So...just relax and enjoy.