PDA

View Full Version : Question about the News/Wall features and Map requests

lucky8canuck
12-14-12, 08:08 AM
Does anyone know what the maximum number of messages there can be at a given time on one's newsfeed and on one's wall? Also, what is the maximum character count for leaving messages on the wall?

As for map requests, I know one can only receive 20 maps per day. If, for example, you have 100 neighbours, and you request maps from all of them on Day 1 and 20 send you maps, will the system still accept another 20 on Day 2, or do you need to re-request maps the following the day? Also, can you still receive requested maps after you have started an expansion if you've requested more than you need?

nikky2012
12-14-12, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure about the maximum stuff on walls and messages. As for the maps thing, you will get twenty on day one, twenty on day two, ect. And yes, you will continue to receive maps even if you reach the amount you need for an expansion. I also have maps sent to me while I'm expanding.

The only thing is TL says that requesting more than twenty maps a day clogs up the system. I still ask all my nbrs at once but thought I'd past the info!

kwhales
12-14-12, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know what the maximum number of messages there can be at a given time on one's newsfeed and on one's wall? Also, what is the maximum character count for leaving messages on the wall?

As for map requests, I know one can only receive 20 maps per day. If, for example, you have 100 neighbours, and you request maps from all of them on Day 1 and 20 send you maps, will the system still accept another 20 on Day 2, or do you need to re-request maps the following the day? Also, can you still receive requested maps after you have started an expansion if you've requested more than you need?

The news feed holds many many messages. I don't know the exact number, but they usually get deleted by TL after 2 days. Wall messages will accumulate until you delete them yourself. Characters, hummm. never stopped to count. Send someone a message and count them.

kwhales
12-14-12, 08:48 AM
As for the maps, you can request maps at 11:59 pm PST then again at 12:01 am PST. Your friends will get the 11:59 message. Once they respond to that, they will get the 12:01 message. I really don't recommend doing this. Really useless, just ask again later the next day.

vanillaheaven
12-14-12, 08:51 AM
I just counted the number of posts on my wall, and I know it should be the maximum number of messages, because I've started to lose the oldest messages at the bottom. Anyway, I counted 101 posts. Maybe I counted an extra one? I mean, it makes more sense for the number to be 100 :) Btw, if you get more than 100 messages, the old ones start disappearing.

As for the character count..... :/ I totally want to know that. But I think it's about how much space each character occupies.... I tried writing some sentences, and the max chars I could fit in was 132. Then I tried 132 dots, like .........., but they only filled about half of the available space. So eh.

Alsoooooooooo really important, I noticed that the limit for one message is kinda different, depending on which device you have. I mean, I had a message on my iPad that was pretty long, as long as the space allowed. When I tried to view it from my iPod, however, it cut off, about four words too early. Soooo.... I try to keep that in mind when I write to my neighbors.

Another btw, I've noticed that if I only send about 25 requests, I'll get them much faster than if I send 50 or such. It clogs up the system, like TL says. :)

vanillaheaven
12-14-12, 08:53 AM
I only have 20 messages in my news feed though.... Not including requests and gifts, just notices that I've been visited or given a map.

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 09:01 AM
I don't buy that "clogged system" thing. :p i try sending a lot of requests, because then i'll get them the other days . And i am not quite sure which neighbors send and which don't -.-

kooky panda
12-14-12, 11:28 AM
Your wall should only be able to hold 100 messages until the bottom ones start dropping off.
Your news feed can hold messages that someone visited you and 10 messages that someone responded and sent you a map .