PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing New Dawn

GhostLiger
12-13-12, 07:27 AM
I've been trying several times to install New Dawn on my phone but every time it presents me with the message "Package File Invalid".
I use a HTC Explorer with Android 2.3.5.

henrylucky
12-13-12, 07:37 AM
Try restart your phone then download again
(sometimes It happened to me... )
Just follow my step and problem resolve

GhostLiger
12-13-12, 07:40 AM
Tried that before, since I had to restart the phone to clear the memory so the phone had the space to try downloading again.

MomsHouseofSweets
12-13-12, 08:50 AM
Check to be sure you have ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer. That's the problem with my HTC ... phone is too old now (tho not really) and ICS isn't going to be released for my HTC.

grondai
12-13-12, 09:34 AM
Make sure all of your settings are correct

GhostLiger
12-13-12, 10:06 AM
Check to be sure you have ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer. That's the problem with my HTC ... phone is too old now (tho not really) and ICS isn't going to be released for my HTC.
The app page says nothing about needing ICS, just that the Android version needs to be 2.1 or newer and the Play Store says it's compatible with my phone.

Make sure all of your settings are correct
Which settings and what do they need to be?

grondai
12-13-12, 10:23 AM
The app page says nothing about needing ICS, just that the Android version needs to be 2.1 or newer and the Play Store says it's compatible with my phone.

Which settings and what do they need to be?

Time settings

GhostLiger
12-13-12, 10:49 AM
Time settings
As in the phone's clock?

grondai
12-13-12, 10:51 AM
As in the phone's clock?

Ya your time settings should be right but make sure it has the right day, year, time

GhostLiger
12-13-12, 11:07 AM
Ya your time settings should be right but make sure it has the right day, year, time
Yeah, everything's been correct since I got the phone a year ago.

grondai
12-13-12, 11:14 AM
Yeah, everything's been correct since I got the phone a year ago.

Does it say what error code it is

grondai
12-13-12, 11:20 AM
Like "error 1004"

grondai
12-13-12, 11:25 AM
http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/213027-package-file-invalid-please-help-fix-issue.html this might help but everything I saw some people still had issues

dseudr
12-13-12, 11:27 AM
Hmm, this sometimes happened to my htc desire running CyanogenMod 7.2 (which is android 2.3.7), but there's no issue with the installation now. If you run into this problem, try the usual: restart your phone, check if there's sufficient memory to download the file, lastly, try clearing the cache of the PlayStore (application settings, google play, clear cache). After that, force close the Google Play and re-try downloading, hope it will help!