PDA

View Full Version : Do breeding Epics produce better results?

1cherryblossom
12-12-12, 05:57 PM
Just wondering if breeding epics give better dragons. Any idea, folks?

grondai
12-12-12, 06:05 PM
Nope lvl does not matter

Takiofallen
12-12-12, 06:06 PM
Not sure, you could ask jake but he won't answer.

ilovedogs95
12-12-12, 06:09 PM
LVL doesn't matter but people always think that it matters

ratadude
12-12-12, 07:00 PM
I use epics, and consistently get firestorms & island dragons..so if you like these types use EPICS :)

MomsHouseofSweets
12-12-12, 07:44 PM
There are many who think that the level a dragon is on makes a difference. I have read that it doesn't matter what level a dragon is on, it just has to be old enough, which it will be or you can't choose it. Same goes for the order you breed. For example, if you're breeding Fire and Diamond, it doesn't matter whether you put one or the other first.

Takiofallen
12-12-12, 08:19 PM
I have run experiments testing both and according to the results those things don't matter, but since the sample size was so small i could not say that the results we definitive. I have 2 accounts 1 which i have raised 90% of my dragons to epic and the other i plan on having a total of 5 epic dragons. Breeding so far has gone well but i can't say it as gone better then my other account.

enoch4
12-12-12, 08:51 PM
Honestly I can't yet find anything that consistently improves my odds in a way I can replicate. Not level, not order, not rarity of the breeding dragons, using pures vs using hybrids, using gold vs not using gold, using the same pair vs switching, changing the breeding dragons' names, etc. The only exception is that sometimes I have better than average luck if I try for a new dragon within a few minutes of its release. I'd love it if someone found a real trick that worked consistently but I have yet to see convincing evidence (other than just breeding a lot - obviously the more tries, the better your odds).

Cyclohexane
12-12-12, 09:02 PM
Actually,
There is evidence that breeding Epic dragons provides a higher chance of super rares. Check out my test here:

Community Breeding Experiment - Part 2] (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41291-Community-Breeding-Experiment-Part-2&p=476911#post476911)

We got about the same amount of common and rare, but super rare almost doubled. The total sample size was only 83 but there does appear to be a trend.

Takiofallen
12-12-12, 09:11 PM
See the issue i have with this experiment is that you never set any control factors there are a lot of other things that could have affected the results that you didn't monitor. Example would be if the people who bred the rare/ super rare dragon had them already or did not have them. We could go on forever with the possibility
Actually,
There is evidence that breeding Epic dragons provides a higher chance of super rares. Check out my test here:

Community Breeding Experiment - Part 2] (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41291-Community-Breeding-Experiment-Part-2&p=476911#post476911)

We got about the same amount of common and rare, but super rare almost doubled. The total sample size was only 83 but there does appear to be a trend.

Takiofallen
12-12-12, 09:12 PM
i don't mean this in a bad way i'm just saying it's hard to run a perfect experiment.

Lavender5698
12-13-12, 04:48 AM
I don't think level of the DRAGONS matters. I do however have a suspicion that the level of your island matters. I'm on level 66 and am having a huge struggle trying to get the rarer dagons. But then my brother comes along (and he's on level 23 right now) and all of a sudden he has an Aurora dragon, Landworm dragon, Aether dragon, Mermaid dragon and a Super dragon. And this all in the space of one week!!!! Either he has his fingertips dipped in luck or his lower level is giving him an edge.

Nefertekas
12-13-12, 05:01 AM
To me, the only thing that matters is the COLOR of the dragons chosen. That, and loads a luck.

Sometimes i think hours can mean something, but meh.

RoseMeyer
12-13-12, 06:28 AM
meh I breed the little ones so I dont lose so many coins.

enoch4
12-13-12, 06:32 AM
I don't think level of the DRAGONS matters. I do however have a suspicion that the level of your island matters. I'm on level 66 and am having a huge struggle trying to get the rarer dagons. But then my brother comes along (and he's on level 23 right now) and all of a sudden he has an Aurora dragon, Landworm dragon, Aether dragon, Mermaid dragon and a Super dragon. And this all in the space of one week!!!! Either he has his fingertips dipped in luck or his lower level is giving him an edge.

That might be true. I just started a game on a second device a few days ago. I'm level 10 on that game, and out of 7 breeding attempts I already have 2 rares and 1 super rare. Obviously it could just be coincidence but I've heard several other people make the same observation. I'm going to keep tracking that game to see what it does. Did anyone out there NOT have better luck at the beginning?

tr8on
12-13-12, 06:38 AM
To me, the only thing that matters is the COLOR of the dragons chosen. That, and loads a luck.

I'm with you on this one.

enoch4
12-13-12, 07:34 AM

Agreed. I know it frustrates players looking for tricks and advice, but honestly that is the way it seems to work for me.