PDA

View Full Version : How many times do you try .......

suzysuzy35
12-11-12, 06:10 AM
Hi

I'm breeding life epic plus winter level 7. I'm on my 33rd attempt at breeding them, it's basically an experiment to see what I can get out of this pair and if a diamond comes up that's a bonus.

So far I've had 8 rares and 4 super rares.

What I want to know is how long have people have breed a certain pair for a diamond,
25 times, 50 times , more than a 100 times, and when do you say that's enough it's not going to happen.

I know I've read keep on with the same pair, should I keep going?

cedkugedchgd
12-11-12, 06:21 AM
at first i tried every diamond combo at least like... 30 times.

but then a few weeks ago i decided to do every combo 1-2 times and switch to the next one and because of this theory i got my infinity on 2nd try :)

Horntail21
12-11-12, 06:30 AM
I got my diamond the first time I ever paired Charm/Seabreeze. I can't stick with one pair for more than five attempts. Short attention span.

Nefertekas
12-11-12, 06:47 AM
I got my diamond the first time I ever paired Charm/Seabreeze. I can't stick with one pair for more than five attempts. Short attention span.
Same here :p i get bored. I am currently trying for leopard, tried air/light 4 times. Got one griffin and 3 sunrises -.- next i will probably try griffin + sunrise just for kicks...lol

Horntail21
12-11-12, 07:14 AM
Same here :p i get bored. I am currently trying for leopard, tried air/light 4 times. Got one griffin and 3 sunrises -.- next i will probably try griffin + sunrise just for kicks...lol

Sunrise is the whole reason I am avoiding leopard

tr8on
12-11-12, 07:17 AM
I stopped trying for now. Working on the Rares/Super Rares. Even though those can be a pain to get also.

Nefertekas
12-11-12, 07:48 AM
Sunrise is the whole reason I am avoiding leopard

yeah, i only tried once when leopard first came out and then I quit...but now I'm charging at it again. Bloody fail times. @.@ but leopard is pretty... :3

enoch4
12-11-12, 08:00 AM

I also have a hard time staying with the same pair beyond five or six breedings. My first diamond took about 60 attempts, my second took 117. I suspect our luck is probably the same whether we use the same pair or switch every few times, but I haven't stuck with one pair long enough to actually experience it myself. Really all you can do is keep breeding. The only guaranteed way to increase your chances is to breed a lot.

suzysuzy35
12-11-12, 08:11 AM
Thanks, I'm going to keep with the same pair for a while, just to see what I can get.

henrylucky
12-11-12, 08:17 AM
Wow, I'm going to breed life and winter after I breed Super dragon, because they have shortest fail time

suzysuzy35
12-11-12, 08:22 AM
Good luck. I've got two mermaids out of this pair, an Athletic,two wilds, one dream, one Atlantis and 5 magic (well they state on wikia that magic is rare, but I do t think it is, but I've included it in my results for this pair.

jl0408
12-11-12, 09:08 AM
I stuck with a Seabreeze/Zombie pair for 3 weeks. I was trying for a Fairy though, not Diamond. I've been working on Fairy for 3 months. I must have bred that pair 40 to 50 times consecutively. I got Aurora, Serpent, Parakeet, Wild, Familiar, and Aether dragons that I didn't already have. I also got a bunch of Fruitful, Island, Genie, Coral, Mist, and Poison duplicates. It seemed to give me a new dragon every 4th or 5th breed or so. I gave up on it yesterday after 3 days of Island and Fruitful fails and switched to Parakeet/Air. I got Fairy on the 2nd shot, 8 hr breed can only been Fairy with those elements.

Now I think I'd probably stay with a pair for at least 2 weeks if it is at least giving me something good here and there. That's my plan for my attempt at the Planet, Mirage or Super dragon goals. I'm going to use a pair that has the requirements for all 3 of them. Who knows, maybe it could even result in a Diamond.

I'm also now a believer in the "lucky time" theory. The new to me dragons I got when I bred between 6pm and 6am. Ex. 2pm Parakeet/Air breed = Fruitful. 12am Parakeet/Air breed = Fairy.

suzysuzy35
12-11-12, 09:51 AM
I agree, if you get good results to keep at it for a while, my plan is to stick with this pair, and my goal (I'm saying to myselft at the moment) is to clear as much land as possible and raise dragons to epic forms. If after three weeks of trying and my luck runs out ill probably switch to another pair.

yandao11
12-11-12, 01:01 PM
at first i tried every diamond combo at least like... 30 times.

but then a few weeks ago i decided to do every combo 1-2 times and switch to the next one and because of this theory i got my infinity on 2nd try :)

And what did u cross for infinity.. I've been trying fairy wizard, then gold athletic, diamond diamond. Still no infinity.

I had every dragon until infinity came out.. I was then stucked at it and my breeding slowed down and couldn't keep up with the new dragons.. Only 59/68 dragons in my album..

Getting bored here.. Yawnzzzzzz

Takiofallen
12-11-12, 01:15 PM
I seem to be one of the only few to stick with one pair. I stuck with island/firestorm because it was a confirmed pair. 2 weeks both times it payed off. I'm a numbers guy so i feel according to probability it must work. i have 60/66 dragons (didn't like pumpkin and didn't try for zombie) Infinity has been my project for the last 3 weeks but i make sure while trying i can fail with a dragon i am missing. Since 2 of the six are non diamond hybrids i have to change things up a bit but i do or have done at a minimum 5 breedings per pair. The only pair that has not paid off has been wiz/fairy so i will rotate it in for a breeding every now and again.