PDA

View Full Version : O Xmas Tree Goal makes game crash

TessasParadise
12-10-12, 03:30 PM
Hello there.

I got a new goal in pet shop story today called O Xmas Tree O Xmas Tree. However, ever time I try to open it the game simply crashes. Tried many times but it keeps on happening over and over again. Other than that the game works absolutely fine as usual as long as I don't try to open that goal.

Any advice?

CharmingRhino
12-10-12, 04:25 PM
Howdy,

Unfortunately we weren't able to reproduce the issue that you're experiencing. We'd like to suggest that you uninstall the game and then reinstall it. Please let us know if this rectifies your force closing issue.

pollekespets
12-10-12, 11:17 PM
Same problem here, no Xmas tree for me. I suppose reinstalling doesn't mean I loose the game data .....

TessasParadise
12-11-12, 02:49 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game now, but the problem remains exactly the same, everything work until I try to open the Xmas Tree goal.

By the way I play on an Android tablet and the game version is 1.0.5.7.

TessasParadise
12-11-12, 07:49 AM
Game has now stopped working entirely for me. I can't event open it anymore, it just crash immediately. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling once more, but no improvement.

Shellshells
12-11-12, 07:52 AM
I also have this problem. Game force closes constantly. I also play on android.

leeanndonohue
12-11-12, 07:53 AM
I cant get in pet shoo at all

CharmingRhino
12-11-12, 04:54 PM
Alrighty,

We've attempted again to reproduce what you all seem to be experiencing without any success. Please try to complete the "O Xmas Tree, O Xmas Tree" quest again. If your game continues to force closes on you, please do the following:

- tap Report
- tap Preview
- let us know what the error exception says (you can reply to this thread with the message)

Thanks for helping us with this information!

pollekespets
12-12-12, 02:05 AM
Hi,
I cannot find "error exeption" so here is some other data from the preview, hope it helps.
On my Samsung S3 Pet Shop crashes both in Android 4.0.4 and 4.1.1.

Exception class name:
Java.lang.NullPointerException

Source file:
QuestMenuRowView.java

Source class:
com.storm8.dolphin.view.QuestMenuRowView

Souce method:
updateTimer

Line number:

In the event log I found:
12-12 09:26:37.745 I/am_create_activity( 2265):[1123392048,16,com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.activities.AppCrashProxy ,android.intent.action.APP_ERROR,NULL,268435456]

TessasParadise
12-12-12, 05:37 AM
For me it suddenly started to work today. Hope this can be fixed for others too!

WhiskersnTweets
12-12-12, 08:40 AM
I also couldn't open the 'o xmas tree' mission without the game immediately freezing. However, I still have the Thanksgiving addition installed on my phone (Samsung galaxy 3) and it worked on that. I un/reinstalled the original version of the game & cleared the cache on my phone and now it's working on that.

With that said...I'm still not receiving the regular missions.

Bogiefurret
12-12-12, 09:29 PM
I am experiencing the same problem. I can visit my nbrs play with the animals, and gift. When I tap on the goal the game force closes. I have sent the report.

Nanabear777
12-13-12, 07:09 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. First I'm not sure which info you want but on the preview the execption class name is java.lang.NullPointerException. Source file is QuestMenuRowView.java. Source class is com.storm8.dolphin.view.QuestMenuRowView. You'll have to let me know if this the info you need, also my game isn't showing my progress on another goal--the Staying Indoors goal where I have to visit 20 neighbors. It won't acknowledge any more visits and has stopped at 15 but I've visited all my neighbors & the game isn't registering the visits. Can you please look at that problem as well? The game works fine except for those issues. I have tried the uninstall/reinstall trick but it didn't help any. Thanks for your help

Nanabear777
12-13-12, 08:53 AM
One other problem I have with the pet shop story is it won't give the hearts for playing with other members' pets, don't know if this is part of the other problems I reported but it's still an issue. Also the info in the preview is the same no matter how many times the game force closes

Nicann4
12-14-12, 10:06 AM
Alrighty,

We've attempted again to reproduce what you all seem to be experiencing without any success. Please try to complete the "O Xmas Tree, O Xmas Tree" quest again. If your game continues to force closes on you, please do the following:

- tap Report
- tap Preview
- let us know what the error exception says (you can reply to this thread with the message)

Thanks for helping us with this information!

The game also closes immediately on me when I try and view the O Xmas Tree quest. My device is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache...I still get the error. When I hit preview on the report it says Exception Class Name: java.lang.NullPointerException Source File: QuestMenuRowView.java

nasheca
12-16-12, 07:20 PM
I also get this error, when trying to open O Xmas tree quest. I already reinstalled, but it continues.

This is some of the information from the Report preview:

Package version: 9
Package version name: 1.0.5.7
Device: pyramid
Model: HTC Sensation Z710e
SDK version: 10
Exception class name:
java.lang.NullPointerException
Source file:
QuestMenuRowView.java
Source class:
com.storm8.dolphin.view.QuestMenuRowView
Source method:
updateTimer
Line number:
Stack trace:
at com.storm8.dolphin.view.QuestMenuRowView.updateTim er(QuestMenuRowView.java:517)
at com.storm8.dolphin.view.QuestMenuRowView$QuestRunn able.run(QuestMenuRowView.java:589)
at android.os.Handler.handle.handleCallBack(Handler.j ava:587)
at android.os.Handler.handle.dispatchMessage(Handler. java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:150)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:4293)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(Zygote.java:849)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:607)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

nasheca
12-16-12, 07:38 PM
Oh well, following WhiskersnTweets' post, I got it working too :)

romin1
12-17-12, 06:49 PM
Not sure why you guys can't duplicate it. Pick up any samsung galaxy s3 and it does this. Mine, my daughter's and a co-worker's galaxy s3 all do it. And judging by the looks of this forum many other people do too

valkyrie911
12-20-12, 06:43 AM
I have the same problem!! I reported it but there has been no response. Its annoying. I would just stop playing if I hadn't already purchased gems. I have uninstalled it and tried reinstaling from google play, and it won't install. It also causes symantec to crash when installing from google. I was able to successfully reinstall it from amazon finally, but the closing issue is still there. Please fix this as the problem seems to be affecting quite a few people. I have also had problems in other games with challenges just not showing up at all, then one day I will have 5 minutes worth of messages telling me this expired and that expired, but I can buy the reward.

webowers
12-21-12, 04:26 PM
Same problem, DroidX. I had no problem on the Kindle Fire.

Nicann4
12-22-12, 08:50 PM
Still Forcing Closed. :'(

arrow84
12-27-12, 12:30 PM
I hope this information helps. Time is running out on this shop goal.

Report type: Crash
Device: cdma_droid2we
Model: DROID2 GLOBAL
Product: droid2we_vzw
Exception class name: java.lang.NullPointerException
Source file: QuestMenuRowView.java
Source class: com.storm8.dolphin.view.QuestMenuRowView
Source method: updateTimer
Line number: 517

webowers
01-01-13, 09:31 AM
DroidX

Would really like to this fixed soon. I have 7 days and counting to get this finished!