PDA

View Full Version : How to get Restaurant Story Christmas on iOS (Read First)

bigbux3
12-10-12, 08:49 AM
I've figured out a way to get this years Restaurant Story Christmas Edition on iOS. Please note that this will only work if you downloaded Restaurant Story Christmas 2011. Since the app is not officially out in the App Store, this method will get you the new seasonal app.

Through iTunes, go to iTunes Store>(on the side QUICK LINKS:) Purchased> Apps and scroll through your list of downloaded apps until you find Restaurant Story Christmas. It should show up as the new app.

Through App Store, go to Updates> Purchased and scroll through the list of downloaded apps until you find the new Christmas app.

saucysammis
12-10-12, 09:30 AM
Thank-You! This is beautiful! I used the App Store method and now I'm cooking in a winter wonderland!

mattyboo1
12-10-12, 05:55 PM
I am mad this does not work I can't even get to purchased

bigbux3
12-10-12, 06:13 PM
I am mad this does not work I can't even get to purchased

Can you try iTunes? Are you trying on your iPod?

badger8
12-10-12, 06:39 PM
Thanks BB3! You're awesome!
Very nice update!
I got it on my iPad. Went into the app store and then the "purchased" button is at the bottom of the screen.

Stueeeee
12-10-12, 07:17 PM
This works for RS and BS although RS doesn't have the funky music that Android got.
I wonder why they're not in App Store yet??

aliadri22
12-10-12, 07:22 PM
of course I'm stillllll waiting bc I just started playing RS & BS right before Halloween :( sux!!!!

kkist39
12-12-12, 01:37 PM
Works great.....thanks for the tip.

queentina3
12-12-12, 02:31 PM
I really wish I had my iPad last christmas so I could've had this app in my iCloud. I guess I'm stuck waiting and hoping they'll eventually make it available. :)

bigbux3
12-12-12, 04:47 PM
I really wish I had my iPad last christmas so I could've had this app in my iCloud. I guess I'm stuck waiting and hoping they'll eventually make it available. :)

You were around last year, weren't you?

myharleycat
12-12-12, 05:18 PM
This doesn't work for me. Every time I try the purchased apps don't show and the App Store crashes all the time. So I don't know what to do. No connecting to computer didnt help nor restart either. Sigh! I hate missing all the fun!!��������

bigbux3
12-12-12, 06:04 PM
This doesn't work for me. Every time I try the purchased apps don't show and the App Store crashes all the time. So I don't know what to do. No connecting to computer didnt help nor restart either. Sigh! I hate missing all the fun!!��������

I cannot get the Purchased section on the App Store to load at all. Why can you not connect to iTunes?

queentina3
12-12-12, 07:20 PM
You were around last year, weren't you?

Yeah, I started playing City Story, BS, RS a few weeks before XMAS last year but I only had the Android at the time. I didn't get my iPad until the very end of January when I got so frustrated with having to uninstall/reinstall my games on daily basis in order for them to work that I begged my husband to get me an iPad for Valentine's Day and just give it to me early. By that time most of the games with goals had moved onto the Valentine's App so I never did get a chance to download the XMAS Apps in time, even though the goals had been extended and I was able to get through most of them in time. LMAO!

myharleycat
12-12-12, 08:47 PM
No it connects but iTunes is claiming that its downloaded already and that the download button for it is in gray and unavailable! Sigh! So I can't get it thru that or the App Store cause it won't show my purchased apps or it'll crash before it can. Grrr!! Never had these issues before the new iOS 6 update!!

bigbux3
12-12-12, 08:49 PM
No it connects but iTunes is claiming that its downloaded already and that the download button for it is in gray and unavailable! Sigh! So I can't get it thru that or the App Store cause it won't show my purchased apps or it'll crash before it can. Grrr!! Never had these issues before the new iOS 6 update!!

Did you follow my steps though? Under Purchased, try clicking the iCloud download icon. Or log out and back into your Apple ID account. Check to make sure it's not in your library, that the case.

myharleycat
12-12-12, 08:58 PM
I don't do iCloud as I'm not paying for more storage than they offer. So I couldn't do it that way anyhow. Like I said the App Store keeps crashing when I try it your way and iTunes claims its already downloaded. The same holds true for my bakery. Sniff!

bigbux3
12-12-12, 09:14 PM
I don't do iCloud as I'm not paying for more storage than they offer. So I couldn't do it that way anyhow. Like I said the App Store keeps crashing when I try it your way and iTunes claims its already downloaded. The same holds true for my bakery. Sniff!

iCloud costs nothing. I've been using it for over a year and I have more than 4 GBs still left.

Check your iTunes App Library to see if the game is already downloaded.

aliadri22
12-13-12, 12:45 PM
I cannot believe it's Thursday 12/13 & still no Xmas edition :(

& no, I started playing Halloween 2012 so I can go back & get last yrs edition thru App Store :(

caulfieldd
12-13-12, 03:29 PM
😭😭I really wish we could just download the version on appstore.

bigbux3
12-13-12, 05:17 PM
I don't see why TeamLava doesn't release an iOS version for everyone, as the one I'm using on iOS from last year (updated for this year) works perfectly fine!

kampuchea
12-15-12, 09:57 PM
Boo. Didn't work for me. I know I had it last year but its not in my purchases list. :(

lizzygee23
12-15-12, 10:01 PM
Make sure your device is logged into the same apple id as you were using last Christmas, or you won't be able to find the old Christmas version under your purchased apps!

bigbux3
12-15-12, 10:19 PM
Make sure your device is logged into the same apple id as you were using last Christmas, or you won't be able to find the old Christmas version under your purchased apps!

Exactly. But I'm not one who has two Apple accounts.

bigbux3
12-19-12, 10:03 PM
The game is officially released in the App Store!

jmterao
12-19-12, 10:12 PM
About time! Weeeeee!!!!!

jmterao
12-19-12, 10:21 PM
Wow it's really cute. I sure wish we could get a tree that had lights that flashed or alternated!