PDA

View Full Version : I need an awnser, jakestorm8

ubobdgc
12-09-12, 10:16 AM
Why are diamonds and infinitys untradeable?

barefootchorister
12-09-12, 10:20 AM
Is there a raw material option for the diamond element? I was wondering about that, as well as the light element myself. In a thread somewhere I thought I saw a list of the elements for the raw crafting materials but I can't remember the details verbatim, and I don't even know if it was a complete list.

barefootchorister
12-09-12, 10:21 AM
Sorry, let me complete my thought, because if there isn't an option for a raw diamond element yet, maybe that's why.

ubobdgc
12-09-12, 10:21 AM
Diamond hybrids give you special magic dust, that is so far useless
And diamonds and Infinity dragons are untradeable

ubobdgc
12-09-12, 10:24 AM
Honestly, diamond hybrids aren't as valuable as diamond hybrids,
At least not by player
The market say that diamond hybrids are worth more but most players would rather have an extra diamond then an extra crusader
It's because diamond hybrid are easy to get
Raw diamond elements are basically purebreds
And diamond hybrids are mutts

ubobdgc
12-09-12, 10:25 AM
Diamonds hybrids are not as valuable as pure diamonds*

Takiofallen
12-09-12, 10:45 AM
The reason i think that the "Diamond" element is useless for now is because of the difficulty of breeding a diamond dragons. People already thinks it's unfair that they can't breed diamonds dragons. If you added in a feature which would cause even more separation people would go nuts. I would say 1/8 of the players have all dragons and 3/8 own a diamond. I think over time it will be implemented as diamond numbers increase. It's also a fail safe, its only a matter of time before someone claims to have accidentally traded in a diamond dragon. Only time will tell.

barefootchorister
12-09-12, 11:21 AM
Maybe you answered your own question. Maybe TL didn't want to make it's more "valuable" dragons tradeable. I don't know that it will necessarily last, I mean the features are still in beta, they can change their minds. Maybe when there is something to craft that takes more diamond dust pure-diamond dragons will become tradeable. I'd have to agree with you about the hybrid-versus-pure assessment, because even if the hybrids are rare, the pure Diamond dragon wil always be ultra-rare.

ubobdgc
12-09-12, 11:30 AM
Maybe you answered your own question. Maybe TL didn't want to make it's more "valuable" dragons tradeable. I don't know that it will necessarily last, I mean the features are still in beta, they can change their minds. Maybe when there is something to craft that takes more diamond dust pure-diamond dragons will become tradeable. I'd have to agree with you about the hybrid-versus-pure assessment, because even if the hybrids are rare, the pure Diamond dragon wil always be ultra-rare.

Diamond hybrids are still ultra rare, but thier easy to get, if you have a diamond crusader is as easy as a life dragon

Is more of a player rating

Pure diamonds will always be more preferable than diamond hybrids

grondai
12-09-12, 12:02 PM
They will probably make it possible eventually but pure diamond are too hard to get unless you have two of them. It would be a cool feature if you got one large gem of every type if you traded one in though

ubobdgc
12-09-12, 12:32 PM
They will probably make it possible eventually but pure diamond are too hard to get unless you have two of them. It would be a cool feature if you got one large gem of every type if you traded one in though
Yeah, on YM joint account, I have 1 diamond and 3 Infintys
1 in the breeding den, it's mostly because I the fact that its easier to get diamond with two diamond PURES, because the fail times are shorter, and there is a 2/7 chance for diamond or infinity

kooky panda
12-14-12, 05:16 PM
Lets keep all the questions on the main thread. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41734-New-Features-Overview-Trading-and-Crafting(UPDATED-12-12-12))

Discussions on this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41720-New-Crafting-Buildings)