PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen a shop with so many expensive duplicates?

lizzygee23
12-08-12, 06:38 PM
I was going through and looking at people's shops yesterday because I wanted to see what some of the items from the autumn box looked like. I stumbled across one shop that had the most displays I've ever seen in one shop, but that wasn't what stood out as odd to me. They have several of each display, and their all crammed in so tight, you can't see what's around them or behind them.

Then when I visited some of their nbrs, I saw that they do the same thing. It's like a group of people who all have tons and tons of the same displays. I'm basically wondering if anyone else has ever seen shops like this and if so, why do you think they bought so many of the same display, especially considering the majority of them cost 50+ gems a piece? I think some of them might have come from the mystery boxes, but I do know some of them were LTO items for sure. Either way, I'm genuinely curious about this.

Here's pics from a few of the places I saw...

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s425/elizabeth_gls/c3491a3a3135135ea96c582293f1a359.jpg

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s425/elizabeth_gls/48f941db1f13711d8c760fa9d03969d6.jpg

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s425/elizabeth_gls/2a24a67a62ef8284877019c6c2e7546d.jpg

Be sure to also notice, over abundance of displays aside, how amazing their shops are! They have SO much gem content...

dalula
12-08-12, 07:58 PM
I think its better if you ask for permission for their places. I am neighbors with two of them and I know all of their stores. Their places are beautiful.

jojopeanut
12-08-12, 08:07 PM
I've not seen someone with 2 first place displays like the Paris cafe when you have to open the box.

jojopeanut
12-08-12, 08:09 PM
Wow..yea alot of 1st place displays from boxs duplicates. They're lucky for sure.

PDAGuppies
12-08-12, 08:53 PM
Just a,azing

lizzygee23
12-08-12, 10:54 PM
Truly incredible! The third one is my favorite...

cherryberry9
12-09-12, 01:11 PM
Wow is all I can say .

bimnguyen
12-09-12, 08:45 PM
Once I have seen in one shop some incredible items and displays that are not mentioned in the topic "master boxes".

Baraze
12-09-12, 10:23 PM
I've seen three stores like this. They are awesome! Not all displays come from LTOs. They are usually higher level players with gems to burn. They have mastered everything just about and play for fun and the awe factor.

I love stumbling upon these jewels. Every game have these OTT shops.

Limaxa
12-09-12, 10:29 PM
Hm either they are very lucky or they just have too much money :D

OpeningCeremony
12-10-12, 01:33 PM
I've not seen someone with 2 first place displays like the Paris cafe when you have to open the box.

they probably were lucky to get that item once from opening the box and opted to buy more. i thought about buying a 2nd cafe display but figured i shouldn't since i need space for other displays in my boutique.

LadyInReds
12-14-12, 09:51 PM
how come i have never run across their stores? really wanna pay a visit LOL

cherryberry9
12-14-12, 10:45 PM
Its sad how much much money people spend on stuff like that.

Leire22
12-15-12, 06:45 AM
I dont like their shops, even if they spend millions on it, it is nt cozy to me. Or even not unique, is good only for TL to earn money from their games.

meme1098
12-15-12, 10:21 AM
I dont like their shops, even if they spend millions on it, it is nt cozy to me. Or even not unique, is good only for TL to earn money from their games.

Way to crowded with displays and not enough merchandise for customers for my taste. Shouldn't be more than 3 or so considering the size limitations. Maybe they are TL employees and can put out whatever they want.

Zee_Zatara
12-15-12, 11:19 AM
I agree with the last three posts, more does not mean better. I don't see the appeal of having many copies of expensive displays repeated over and over again. It's not creative, all it really says is that they have a lot of money to blow on gems.

callofcthulhu
12-19-12, 02:22 PM
I'm neighbors with several hard core gem/box buyers. I will buy gems on occasion when there's something I really, really want (like the Halloween costumes) but I personally prefer music over most of the displays. To each their own.

candyglam
12-19-12, 03:53 PM
Let's not let this thread dissolve into judging people for what they choose to spend their money on...to each their own!

I know some people, including some of my neighbors, like to do visual designs where they use displays and such for partitions to make a geometric pattern. To them it's more about the shapes and colors than making it look like a real shop. I like mine to look more realistic, so I just stick to one of each item if it's really big like that. I'm also unlikely to put any more than two of the same item in that I get from a box, so sometimes my duplicates will just stay in storage. But I do love the look of places like these!

filochick1982
12-19-12, 04:51 PM
Not a fan of identical displays at all, but each to their own. I only buy one of each item. I have spent a lot of real money on gems too, but I don't see the point of buying the same stuff over and over again.

Whoever posted those photos SHOULD have asked that player's permission. Poor form in my opinion.

maddsassy
12-19-12, 08:00 PM
Maybe those players are going for a certain kind of look for their shops, I think they look great. I have seen some boutiques that have a bunch of LTOs, boxes, and other deco that is just thrown in their shop, I mean really crammed in and I see a couple of outfits thrown in the mix. Those boutiques in this thread are really nice to look at. I have a lot of LTOs and prizes from some of the boxes, but I don't put all of them out. My boutique at the present time I have six displays, the Winter waterfall, mall santa, the Iced Effiel tower are the three that takes up a bit of space. I agree with the others about asking the players' permission.

yupiyupigumgum
12-19-12, 08:05 PM
Hmmm....oh My, i can only afford this for My Christmas decorating. And they gave me 50% discount....not on the price, but on the thing .......

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu148/bumgedebum/cc26fc2fcf9588e0cb11b568b88d608c.jpg

mali0ne
12-19-12, 08:31 PM
Yeah 1 of them are my fav Nrb xP
The shops are Beautiful but in my opinion its to much because its a FASHION SToRY and Not a DiSPLAY SToRY or? They spent so much Money for this Oo 89.99? for 580 gems rofl 89.99?=REAL shoes or Otter fashion xD

Greez maliiiii

jackar
12-20-12, 12:35 PM
I think its better if you ask for permission for their places. I am neighbors with two of them and I know all of their stores. Their places are beautiful.

yep, shops look amazing and its jealousy talking :) .Its not nice to count especially in public peoples money :/ jiiiiiiizzzzzzz.
I agree permission must be asked from owners of above shops

Monkees
12-21-12, 02:12 PM
Haha! all three of them boutiques are my friends ;)

filochick1982
12-21-12, 02:19 PM
I hate crammed shops where you can barely makeout anything as it so full of stuff. I have heaps of stuff in my shop but I sill leave space in between so you can see everything!

Monkees
12-21-12, 02:27 PM
yep, shops look amazing and its jealousy talking :) .Its not nice to count especially in public peoples money :/ jiiiiiiizzzzzzz.
I agree permission must be asked from owners of above shops

Yes! i dont know if the owners are gonna be happy! all three are good neighbours of mine

jojopeanut
12-22-12, 03:33 AM
I believe in good faith nice community, I would never post a whole pic of a shop without permissions. I have a neighbour long time love her design work ask her once if I could or could be a he. Never answered me so I took as no, and respect there privacy.

Also I believe it's peoples decision just like my very own to spend the money they make, however they choose to do so. If I want to spend my money or anyone else on a virtual game so be it. It gives me pleasure it's mine to spend.