PDA

View Full Version : How to be on top of neighbour list?

Unregistered
06-25-10, 10:56 PM
I see a lot of my neighbours add a blank space in front of their names so that they are at the top of my neighbour list. Does anyone know how to do that?

I can't find a way to do it myself when it prompts me to enter an alphanumeric character first.

Blessing Star
06-27-10, 03:49 PM
I see a lot of my neighbours add a blank space in front of their names so that they are at the top of my neighbour list. Does anyone know how to do that?

I can't find a way to do it myself when it prompts me to enter an alphanumeric character first.

Ha Ha, I know, but I'll NEVER tell. ;)

Rocky
06-27-10, 03:59 PM
Ha Ha, I know, but I'll NEVER tell. ;)

Don't be a jerk, share the trick

Sweet Tea
06-28-10, 05:13 AM
You can use GEMS to change your name.

Goto "Menu"
Click "Profile"
Click the "Profile" tab (bottom far right "Wall" "News Feed" "Profile")
Click "Change"

and there ya go!

Unregistered
06-28-10, 06:33 AM
Just don't. Pretty soon everyone on my flist will be back where they were, and some of them have started adding multiple spaces. It's incredibly annoying.

Unregistered
06-28-10, 08:50 AM
I think it's cheap and underhanded that people put a space by their name and go to the top of the neighbor list. I refuse to water anyone that does that. I don't care if people like that or not, it's my way of showing disapproval.

Unregistered
06-28-10, 02:28 PM
I think it's cheap and underhanded that people put a space by their name and go to the top of the neighbor list. I refuse to water anyone that does that. I don't care if people like that or not, it's my way of showing disapproval.

It's a good method. I've been using it too.
Can't wait for the update in which we can dump them.

Unregistered
06-28-10, 09:07 PM
I skip over them. Besides, I wont water who does not water me anyway. The ones at the top of my list that do that do not return the favor anyway. They just make it easier by piling themselves up there. If there were a bitton to drop them from my list, I would.

Unregistered
06-29-10, 11:09 AM
What difference does it make if they are active, productive neighbors? I water EVERYONE that waters me without fail usually, unless I'm asleep and get so many they drop off, but generally I water everyone that waters me. I have neighbors that are at the top of my list as well but I won't just "skip" them because they are. If they are active and water me back I could care less where on the list they fall. Next you'll be skipping anyone whose name begins with "A". Then "B". Don't water the deadbeats, and do water the productive neighbors.

I did this same thing to my name so I would be at the top so that my neighbors could easily find me, and they know that I'm good to water back pretty quick so this makes it easy for them to get 10 buckets every day. I have over 400 neighbors, no way I'm going to scroll that list daily. I wish all my "active" neighbors would be at the top.

My suggestion would be to allow us to "mark" neighbors as favorites, or to move the ones that water us to the top each time they water.

But then I didn't design the game and have no control over the development of it.

Unregistered
06-30-10, 08:10 AM
Until bad neighbours are sorted, and if the "blank names" are annoying, do as I do -- defy the A to Zed alphabetical convention and water neighbours starting with the ones at the END of the list.

Unregistered
07-01-10, 01:16 PM
Any neighbor that does this automatically doesn't get watered. As soon as TeamLava gives us the ability to manage our neighbors they are history!

Unregistered
07-01-10, 02:17 PM
Any neighbor that does this automatically doesn't get watered. As soon as TeamLava gives us the ability to manage our neighbors they are history!

Wow. It's a game. It would seem some people take this thing too personal. You automatically dismiss someone because you don't like that they changed their name so they could be on top, nevermind if they are your most active, friendly and helpful neighbor.

I wonder how many friends you would have in real life if they also dismissed you because they don't like one thing you did.

Get over it. It's a **** game. And if I lose a few idiot neighbors like you then I'm better for it. My other 900 can have my water.