PDA

View Full Version : is there warning before food goes bad?

jcd6963
12-07-12, 07:07 PM
I accidentally cooked too many roast geese for this round. I haven't put them out to serve yet, but they are finished cooking (4 hr. cook time) I am holding off putting them out until I finish a couple other things for this "day" of Christmas, hoping I can use them for the next "day." Is there are warning before food turns bad? Or is it badged one second & then the dreaded flies come the next?

Thanks.

LadyInReds
12-07-12, 08:18 PM
I dont think RS warns you before food goes bad though

decostop
12-08-12, 07:27 AM
My experience has been that food expires in the same amount of time it takes to cook. If an item takes four hours to cook, it will spoil four hours after it is done if you do not serve it.

margaritata
12-08-12, 07:36 AM
Yes decostop is right :)

I'm doing the same thing except that I wait for a little while before cooking another set, say I have 16 appliances, I cook the 6 geese's, but an hour or two before they finish cooking, I start another batch of geeses (Just to make sure they dont spoil.) Meanwhile I use the rest of the appliances I use to cook for the fries, cauliflowers etc whichever I feel like cooking ^_^

PS
I hope i dint confus you. Lol ^_^

margaritata
12-08-12, 07:37 AM
*confuse

jcd6963
12-09-12, 04:37 AM
Not confused, I get what you're saying. But I'm waiting on requests from neighbors for the leaping lords & ladies dancing. No way to predictably time that. Hope they come through before my geese and choc. milk go bad!

margaritata
12-09-12, 04:51 AM
Not confused, I get what you're saying. But I'm waiting on requests from neighbors for the leaping lords & ladies dancing. No way to predictably time that. Hope they come through before my geese and choc. milk go bad!

Okay now Ive to change my strategy again, just finished 9th day of christmas and yes we do have to wait until they get to send most of the leapinglords and ladies dancing before I start another set :)

marrrina
12-09-12, 09:48 AM
There's a warning sometimes. I find you only get the warning when the food has a super short cook time. If it's long, I never get a warning.