PDA

View Full Version : New Features (IOS)Overview: Trading and Crafting(UPDATED 12-12-12)

Pages : [1] 2 3

JakeStorm8
12-07-12, 03:11 PM
===

Update:

Hello,

I wanted to let you all know we're planning to release the Trading and Crafting features to 100% of iOS players Friday morning.

The only difference is that the Ruby Dragon won't be the only dragon you can craft... :)

As a reminder, these features are only available with the 1.2 version from a few weeks ago. If you got that, you have these features. We just have to turn them on.

Game on,

-Jake.

Greetings Caretakers,

It's my pleasure to introduce the two largest features we've added to Dragon Story since the game's debut: Spell Crafting and Trading.

These features are the two pieces of a brand new experience on the Dragon Isles that we think you'll really enjoy!

Spell Crafting is introduced with a new building, the Spell Shop.

http://i.imgur.com/gu6jl.png

The Spell Shop is a giant, mystical book of spell recipes that lets you craft never-before seen decorations, magical items, and most importantly: new dragons. Gemstone Dragons.

But recipes have ingredients, and I'll bet you're wondering what goes into a mixing bowl that bakes a dragon. That brings us to the second new building: the Trading Portal.

http://i.imgur.com/JT2RO.png

The Trading Portal finally gives players something to do with duplicate or excess dragons. We know space is limited on your Dragon Isles, and sometimes there are a few extra (*ahem* Firestorm *ahem*) dragons that you wish had some other use. Well now they do. Say goodbye and send a dragon through the Trading Portal and it will leave its magic behind in the form of powerful Gemstones and magic items. These are the ingredients you need to craft the new gemstone dragons available in the Spell Shop.

So, send dragons through the Trading Portal, collect the rewards, and use those to craft new dragons in the Spell Shop. Those are the basics. Now, let me dig in a little deeper.

How does the Trading Portal work?
When a dragon is traded, you get Gemstones based on the dragon's color(s) and rarity. I'll let community members break down the math, but basically a Red/Blue dragon will give you Rubies and Sapphires. Those will be Small Rubies and Sapphires if the dragon was Common, but some will be Large Rubies and Sapphires if the dragon was Rare or Super Rare.

What else can I get with the Trading Portal?
Good question, me. In addition to the predetermined Gemstones a dragon leaves behind when it passes through the portal into the Dragon Realm, some uncertain, random things are sometimes left behind. Namely, random chances at other Gems, and sometimes very rare ingredients used to craft the most powerful craftable dragons.

How does the Spell Shop work?
The Spell Shop contains a list of crafting recipies. Crafting recipies outline a set of ingredients required to create the pictured product. The better the product, the harder the recipe. The most powerful crafted dragons might require several Large Gemstones, which are found by trading rarer dragons.

But I don't want to trade my rare dragons! How else can I get Large Gemstones?
Thankfully, the Spell Shop also has recipes for combining multiple Small Gemstones into a Large Gemstone! That means you can trade several easy-to-breed common dragons for Small Gemstones, then combine those into the Large Gemstones needed for the most powerful dragons available in the Spell Shop.

I hope that addresses some of your questions. I'm sure you'll have more - please don't hesitate to ask. Download the update, check out the features, and let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy this massive update as much as we do.

Thanks for playing,

-Jake.

PS...

http://i.imgur.com/a0EpT.png

Edit: Dragons must be level 4+ to be traded. Rewards are based only on rarity, not level.

http://supremedynasty.com/apppix/dragon_forms_pc14.jpg (http://bit.ly/SDDrgnStgs#ruby)

Craftable Deco

http://supremedynasty.com/apppix/dragoncraft_table_t01.jpg (http://bit.ly/YOchmP)

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:11 PM
Opened up. Share your thoughts!

grondai
12-14-12, 12:16 PM
1. Get rid of trading times. Too much gold being used from speeding up breeding, hatching, then trading which is over priced, then crafting. Just get rid of trading times period

2. We need to be able to request blossoms and maps from the same person in one day

3. We need to be able to craft 10 small gems from one large gem

reddeviI
12-14-12, 12:23 PM
waiting for trading my dragon to get some material now :D

alphaiceman
12-14-12, 12:24 PM
New update sucks. They decreased the crafting items from commons. It used to be 1 gem o each color the dragon was made of to just a random, chance box. That's lame even for TL.

Horntail21
12-14-12, 12:24 PM
What are requestable items and what are not? Everything in the spell shop has an ask button but as of now only lotus blossoms are able to be requested. Is this by design?

Horntail21
12-14-12, 12:25 PM
Oh and thank you for this awesome update BTW

grondai
12-14-12, 12:26 PM
What are requestable items and what are not? Everything in the spell shop has an ask button but as of now only lotus blossoms are able to be requested. Is this by design?

Yes. I'm not sure why they made it to pop up to a blank screen when tapping request. I was confused at first too :)

Update looks great tho. I can't wait to get these new dragons

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 12:27 PM
Questions : Are these crafting dragons breed-able under any circumstances (can i breed a ruby if i use 2 ruby parents)
2. Do they breed as normal pure dragons (will the emerald dragon breed just like the forest dragon)

alphaiceman
12-14-12, 12:30 PM
Also, you removed the ask friends button in my crafting shop.

tonguelashing
12-14-12, 12:31 PM
My biggest question is why have some of these new features (storage, Album, Trading Portal, Spell shop) and goals only in the original DragonStory and not just part of New Dawn? You're making it so people have to use both to get the new features, which is an interesting tactic, but I'm just curious about the rationale.

tr8on
12-14-12, 12:33 PM
My biggest question is why have some of these new features (storage, Album, Trading Portal, Spell shop) and goals only in the original DragonStory and not just part of New Dawn? You're making it so people have to use both to get the new features, which is an interesting tactic, but I'm just curious about the rationale.

Don't need New Dawn anymore... at least to my knowledge.

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:34 PM

Gemstones from Trading are not requestable. Certain items like te Lotus Blossoms are. We included those buttons because there will be more such items in upcoming added crafting recipes.

UnoRaven
Android users got the option to buy the Ruby and Emerald dragons in the market, but, if I understand correctly, we're unable to obtain them otherwise, correct?

JakeStorm8
Don't need New Dawn anymore... at least to my knowledge.

That's correct, the New Daw features have been back-ported to the basic game.

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:35 PM
Android users got the option to buy the Ruby and Emerald dragons in the market, but, if I understand correctly, we're unable to obtain them otherwise, correct?

That's correct - everyone gets the dragons in the Market, only iOS gets Crafting and Trading at this time.

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:36 PM
Questions : Are these crafting dragons breed-able under any circumstances (can i breed a ruby if i use 2 ruby parents)
2. Do they breed as normal pure dragons (will the emerald dragon breed just like the forest dragon)

Gemstone Dragons are not breedable and also cannot breed.

Takiofallen
it was done to force people to update the old DS because of the feeding cost. All light dragons feed cost was the same as all dragons feeding cost.

JakeStorm8
Oh and thank you for this awesome update BTW

Thank you!

doobert
12-14-12, 12:37 PM
That's correct - everyone gets the dragons in the Market, only iOS gets Crafting and Trading at this time.

Of course....business as usual for us Android users

grondai

He wanted to know if you can breed them also. Someone claimed they did over the weekend but it could have been a bug?

Takiofallen
So if you want all the new bells and whistles you have to choose.

tonguelashing
12-14-12, 12:38 PM
That's correct, the New Daw features have been back-ported to the basic game.

Ok, that's interesting. Why go that route? It seems like a wasted effort then for the New Dawn 1.2.1 update that I just updated today on my iPhone (Android tablet of course is different, and I get that development is happening there too).

grondai
12-14-12, 12:38 PM
Oops u already answered that

Horntail21
12-14-12, 12:39 PM
Gemstones from Trading are not requestable. Certain items like te Lotus Blossoms are. We included those buttons because there will be more such items in upcoming added crafting recipes.

Thank you.

So has anyone gotten lotus blossoms from a request back yet? I sent out six requests as a tester but nothing back yet. Hope my bulk maps requests from yesterday isn't clogging me up.

alphaiceman
12-14-12, 12:41 PM
I am getting friend requests for lotus' in the "News" section.

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:41 PM
New update sucks. They decreased the crafting items from commons. It used to be 1 gem o each color the dragon was made of to just a random, chance box. That's lame even for TL.

Geez, getting "used to be" stuff on the same day we released it.

The reason for that change is because Fire and Forest Dragons are part of the tutorial, their feeding amounts and Evolution times are super low, to help teach new players how the game works. Unfortunately, this would mean players could take advantage of this with Trading and produce gemstones super fast, which devalues the entire feature. So, we made some changes to how common dragons Trade. The only alternative was to make the recipe for gemstone dragons require way more gems, but that would punish players who didn't realize they could "farm" the basic dragons.

Personally, I think the best choice was super obvious. Open to feedback on the issue.

doobert
12-14-12, 12:42 PM
Sweet!!!!! (Android users) got the new dragons in the market....that way we can spend gold/money for them and ios doesnt, what a deal!!!

tr8on
Thank you.

So has anyone gotten lotus blossoms from a request back yet? I sent out six requests as a tester but nothing back yet. Hope my bulk maps requests from yesterday isn't clogging me up.

I've gotten one so far... goes into storage.

alphaiceman
Jake, see what u can do about the "ask" button in my craft shop please.

buzzingum
12-14-12, 12:43 PM
I'm really sorry but disappointed with new buildings. Waited all week and finally off we go. I have a full album all level 10, and now I'm expected to trade them to get the ones that missing. I can buy one more habitat to house what I need to breed, but then have to sell to house the next, because I can no longer store a habitat.

grondai
12-14-12, 12:44 PM
Sweet!!!!! (Android users) got the new dragons in the market....that way we can spend gold/money for them and ios doesnt, what a deal!!!

This made me lol

grondai
12-14-12, 12:45 PM
I'm really sorry but disappointed with new buildings. Waited all week and finally off we go. I have a full album all level 10, and now I'm expected to trade them to get the ones that missing. I can buy one more habitat to house what I need to breed, but then have to sell to house the next, because I can no longer store a habitat.

This is why I think selling eggs for gems is needed

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:46 PM
Ok, that's interesting. Why go that route? It seems like a wasted effort then for the New Dawn 1.2.1 update that I just updated today on my iPhone (Android tablet of course is different, and I get that development is happening there too).

That's right, the 1.2.1 update on New Dawn is from November 8th...

On Android however, we just released New Dawn on December 1st.

Horntail21
I've gotten one so far... goes into storage.

Not me so far. I have answered two requests for them but haven't gotten any. Not even my pal Stormy will send me one. What up with that Stormy? lol

caulfieldd
Now we can trade dragons! Yay.. I finally found something to do with all the dragons i do not need! But I think if teamlava could let us store dragons it would be great too:) and thanks teamlava for updating for foreign country users... Happy to play ds in our language! But can we have an option to switch language back to english??:confused:

henrylucky
12-14-12, 12:47 PM
So, why they are on Android now ?
I won't can buy them because I just a student, don't have credit card and can't have it ... !
I'm very disappointed to TL now :'(

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:47 PM

Your habitats are capped and all upgraded and you have no duplicates from breeding new dragons around?

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:50 PM
I won't can buy them because I just a student, don't have credit card and can't have it ... !

We only had two options:

1) Don't release the dragons on Android until we release Crafting.

2) Release the dragons on Android for those who want them, and those who can't get them can craft them when we get the feature moved over.

Pros and Cons to each. Either "Why release them at all?" or "Why not just release them?"

We decided to make them available.

grondai
Your habitats are capped and all upgraded and you have no duplicates from breeding new dragons around?

No one wants to sell a lvl 10 diamond hybrid (or trade ATM). It takes too much food to just throw them away

doobert

Dont be disappointed.....just think of the android version of D.S. as Pong, and IOS version as Battlefield 3....you sir, are playing a classic

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:51 PM
Jake, see what u can do about the "ask" button in my craft shop please.

PM me.

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 12:52 PM
No one wants to sell a lvl 10 diamond hybrid (or trade ATM). It takes too much food to just throw them away

Nobody suggested that.

grondai
Dont be disappointed.....just think of the android version of D.S. as Pong, and IOS version as Battlefield 3....you sir, are playing a classic

Lmao cracking me up

Horntail21

On a roll lol

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 12:55 PM
That was so wrong it was right ROFL

grondai
12-14-12, 12:55 PM
Nobody suggested that.

I know, but that's my best option now. I have all lvl 10s. I just think we should be able to trade eggs for half the amount of gems. I would never sell any of my dragons for a mist dragon to get to lvl 4 then trade it for a mostest box for a small gem. I'm going to wait for a rare or super rare

brookelynn2006
12-14-12, 12:58 PM
Sweet! New emerald dragon or something, and I'm about done with the ruby only one large gem away! Now I have some thing to do with all my extra green gems, but this one is harder, because you need green gems to make the spell scroll... Bye bye green dragons...

doobert
12-14-12, 12:58 PM
By the time Android gets Album, Crafting etc....we will have the technology to genetically breed real dragons. I've already named my future pet Pip.

henrylucky
12-14-12, 12:59 PM
We only had two options:

2) Release the dragons on Android for those who want them, and those who can't get them can craft them when we get the feature moved over.

Pros and Cons to each. Either "Why release them at all?" or "Why not just release them?"

Haha...for me I choose (1) since the dragon can't breed with other dragons
(First, I think it can breed with my forest and make me get 21 hrs... but it can't and just for "decoration" , it's all OK now 3:p )

grondai
12-14-12, 01:00 PM
By the time Android gets Album, Crafting etc....we will have the technology to genetically breed real dragons. I've already named my future pet Pip.

Shhh. It's getting to be too much sarcasm

revort
12-14-12, 01:01 PM
TL,

I was part of the 10% of users testing the buildings. I noticed that now you only receive 1 gem for every common dragon that you trade - when the rate before was 2 gems.

What is the logic behind this decision?

Thanks.

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:02 PM
I just got sent 8 blossoms. Thank you dear neighbors ;D but here comes the tricky part: managing whom we ask blossoms to, and who ae send maps to. Yikes!
Also, really? Six hours for trading a dragon? Dayumn. That's a long time...two hours would be nicer.

Anyway: thanks for all the stuff and info, Jake! Pretty cool. Still some sharp edges to trim IMHO,but if ya'll heed to our feedback (well, the part that is doable) then we'll all be peachy. :p

UnoRaven
12-14-12, 01:02 PM
We only had two options:

Very understandable!

But is there any way that you guys can get rid of the pop up telling us about the new dragons? Annoying, plus it's just rubbing salt in wounds.

henrylucky
12-14-12, 01:03 PM
I think the next after next is Sapphire dragon (water )

DragonRA7
12-14-12, 01:04 PM

So they can milk money from DROID users to use in the development of iOS features lol... its kinda funny if you ask me there just trying to confuse DROID users... I Can garentee there's going to be a lot of people trying to breed them and I know it's going to confuse the younger crowd to... There not thinking bout the big picture I would love the updates but adding them now without all the features doesn't make since

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:06 PM
TL,

I was part of the 10% of users testing the buildings. I noticed that now you only receive 1 gem for every common dragon that you trade - when the rate before was 2 gems.

Thanks.
Well, that was nice of them... -.- lol

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 01:07 PM
I know, but that's my best option now. I have all lvl 10s. I just think we should be able to trade eggs for half the amount of gems. I would never sell any of my dragons for a mist dragon to get to lvl 4 then trade it for a mostest box for a small gem. I'm going to wait for a rare or super rare

I totally agree, i'm going to have to sell off a Diamond just so i can have another habby in order breed and trade.

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 01:08 PM
Not to mention that when i have to give up my Diamond dragon i can't even trade it into the portal i have to sell it for 100 coins!

nikky2012
12-14-12, 01:08 PM
Hey Jake, quick question. What is the max number of lotus flowers we can receive in a day? I know maps are 20 but just curious on the flowers. Thanks!

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:12 PM
I totally agree, i'm going to have to sell off a Diamond just so i can have another habby in order breed and trade.

Can't you move one of your diamond hybrids and sell off that habitat, put the hybrid in its color habitat and 2 new dragons there?
I'm just asking...i dont think i know your island, or i can't remember which one it is. Lol.

BellaNicole_NYC
12-14-12, 01:14 PM
Well the update is dank for those of us that have maxed out habs and are full. Since I have 4 diamonds, a couple angels and a couple infinity so i was gonna trade in a couple diamonds to make room but of course I can't trade diamonds.
Storage of dragons is paramount now that extra drags are in. If TL doesn't want to increase habs then at least give us the ability to store dragons away that we don't wish to display. I mean how hard is it to accomplish since you already have storage capacity for decor (which is useless) btw. I still have dragons in storage that I haven't put on the board so obviously there is the Bility to hold dragons. We have only been asking for it for 9+ months

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 01:15 PM
Can't you move one of your diamond hybrids and sell off that habitat, put the hybrid in its color habitat and 2 new dragons there?
I'm just asking...i dont think i know your island, or i can't remember which one it is. Lol.

No, because none of my Hybrids are in diamond fields lol. I only have 1 of each hybrid and they are in colored habitats. I had to sell off my extra hybrids long ago lol.

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:16 PM
The Ruby and Emerald Dragons cannot be bred and cannot breed.

Well, about them not being able to be bred: one less dragon to worry about messing with hatching a crusader.
Not being able to breed: awwwww. Not cool. :(

...they should have fertility treatments at the dragon baby clinic. Lol.

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 01:16 PM
TL,

Thanks.

I explained in detail elsewhere in this thread.

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 01:17 PM
you can just wait for the new habitats to show up??? Not sure how long you will have to wait but i think we should have it before the end of the year
No, because none of my Hybrids are in diamond fields lol. I only have 1 of each hybrid and they are in colored habitats. I had to sell off my extra hybrids long ago lol.

doobert
12-14-12, 01:19 PM
you can just wait for the new habitats to show up??? Not sure how long you will have to wait but i think we should have it before the end of the year

Ummm....12-21-2012...Is the end, remember?

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:20 PM
Oh...(i just invited you because i realized we weren't nbrs lol). Well, why not sell off one of your commons, or trade them? Then, you can clear a habitat! For example, sell a coral, or a love...

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 01:20 PM
right and purple bigs flyby my window everyday
Ummm....12-21-2012...Is the end, remember?

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 01:21 PM

Lol, i swear in another thread earlier today i told you guys patience isn't one of my virtues. I'm just going to sell off a diamond or infinity then after we get upgraded or more habitats(if/when) i'll breed another.

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:22 PM
Oh...(i just invited you because i realized we weren't nbrs lol). Well, why not sell off one of your commons, or trade them? Then, you can clear a habitat! For example, sell a coral, or a love...

If you sell/trade some of the more common ones you will have more space available. And then, if needed (for example new album goals), you can breed them again, cause they're so easy to get ;)

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 01:22 PM
Actually you never addressed the changes made in this thread at all. Not that i care just stating it for the record
I explained in detail elsewhere in this thread.

doobert
12-14-12, 01:23 PM
right and purple bigs flyby my window everyday

No...thats just me stalking you

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:26 PM
Wy does it have to cost so much gold to speed things up?? Absurd. :/

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:28 PM
Storing decor is not completely useles.. :p

There is already a sticky thread to discuss the new trading and crafting thingies.

JakeStorm8
Actually you never addressed the changes made in this thread at all. Not that i care just stating it for the record

Actually...

Originally Posted by alphaiceman

The reason for that change is because Fire and Forest Dragons are part of the tutorial, their feeding amounts and Evolution times are super low, to help teach new players how the game works. Unfortunately, this would mean players could take advantage of this with Trading and produce gemstones super fast, which devalues the entire feature. So, we made some changes to how common dragons Trade. The only alternative was to make the recipe for gemstone dragons require way more gems, but that would punish players who didn't realize they could "farm" the basic dragons.

Personally, I think the best choice was super obvious. Open to feedback on the issue.

foxxiegirl
If you sell/trade some of the more common ones you will have more space available. And then, if needed (for example new album goals), you can breed them again, cause they're so easy to get ;)

Yea i could do that too, but i like having 1 of each. Agh! Decisions, decisions....

BellaNicole_NYC
12-14-12, 01:31 PM
Yes storing decor is worthless unless you are lvl 13 and have no money saved up. It can't even store the boost buildings so you can rearrange habs.

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:32 PM
Actually...

Why not just make it impossible to trade the basic colored dragons? Fire, air, water, forest - unable to trade those, just like diamond. So we won't have to cross your fingers to get a rare or super rare in order to get gems. Lol. I donno, just my idea. Would that make it "too easy" too? And the trading time , six hours.,. What, a whole day just for one gem? x) gonna take forever, especially with the rate of 5 gold bars per hour! Oh well....

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:33 PM
Yea i could do that too, but i like having 1 of each. Agh! Decisions, decisions....

But getting the commons is much easier than those absolutely awesome diamonds and infinities you have. ;) you can get the others in the snap of a finger :D

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 01:35 PM
The only alternative was to make the recipe for gemstone dragons require way more gems, but that would punish players who didn't realize they could "farm" the basic dragons.
They'd be suckers if they didn't think of THAT, come on. ;p they SHOULD be punished for it. Hehehehe :p

buzzingum
12-14-12, 01:37 PM

i never bothered to breed any, what was the point? they cost money to breed and feed and would have taken up valuable space in habitats. i would have to sell them to make room for new dragons as they were released.

alphaiceman
12-14-12, 01:38 PM
Not the basic dragon , but the common ones. I guess I should have said common hybrids instead, I apologize for the confusion. The common hybrids went from a basic gem made of their respective colors to a random chance box. It's disappointing to say the least.

alphaiceman
12-14-12, 01:43 PM
And, If i came across as being rude Jake, I apologize for that as well. It seemed as though it was fair the way it was. I realize I was a beta tester but can't help but be a bit bummed.

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 01:47 PM
The dragon topiary is mega cute, i need a little army of these babies.

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 02:02 PM
Not the basic dragon , but the common ones. I guess I should have said common hybrids instead, I apologize for the confusion. The common hybrids went from a basic gem made of their respective colors to a random chance box. It's disappointing to say the least.

Gotcha, those most common hybrids don't trade for the same mystery box as rarer dragons, but for a random gem of one of the colors attributed to the dragon - just in case that wasn't clear.

After testing, gems were just too easy to get to make the feature worthwhile for us, so we would either have to up the recipe or do what we did. It's a free to play game, so I hope you guys understand that business and game design have to make some compromises to support all that goes into the game. That's why we test with 10% first, so the majority of people get a feature that we can all support, without major adjustments.

nolasco29
12-14-12, 02:02 PM
I have a question JAKESTORM?

I been trading dragons and stuff and got stuff back and I noticed that they were on my storage, but as of right now I can't find them no more, I had gems and I believe around 4 or so spells?
Can you help me out

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 02:05 PM
And, If i came across as being rude Jake, I apologize for that as well. It seemed as though it was fair the way it was. I realize I was a beta tester but can't help but be a bit bummed.

Not at all, alpha - not much to add to that, we look at a lot of information and make decisions about how long it should take average players to craft a dragon, how many dragons they would have to trade, how much time is invested, how many play sessions per day to get enough gems the fastest, etc. What's "fair" is pretty subjective, but we made an informed data-backed decision about how this should be balanced to make it fun and engaging for players, and also worthwhile for our jobs :)

Really appreciate the feedback. I am listening, so please keep it coming :)

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 02:06 PM
I have a question JAKESTORM?

I been trading dragons and stuff and got stuff back and I noticed that they were on my storage, but as of right now I can't find them no more, I had gems and I believe around 4 or so spells?
Can you help me out

Contact the support people, their info is in the FAQ or in the help section of your game.

Lipuro
12-14-12, 02:11 PM
I have iPhone 5 LTE does this mean I don't get the update? I dont see the new building in my building shop. Sorry I'm not smart with this iOS fancy talk.

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 02:18 PM
I have iPhone 5 LTE does this mean I don't get the update? I dont see the new building in my building shop. Sorry I'm not smart with this iOS fancy talk.

Did you force restart the app? You should have gotten a quest if you did that take you to buy the buildings.

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 02:20 PM
I'm bad at explaining things lol. Do the double click thing on your home button, then x the app off. Then when you restart the app you should have all the new info. If that doesn't work restart the phone itself. Also make sure your using the Old Dragon story...NOT New Dawn.

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 02:21 PM

Make sure you have the most recent update (1.2) from iTunes

Lolas_Kryptonite
12-14-12, 02:30 PM
Thanks Jake.

That's all.

kooky panda
12-14-12, 02:31 PM
The regular Dragon game is the most current version of the game to be playing.

Thank you.

I would say yes, if you requested maps yesterday or today, your nbrs will need to return these to you first before they will get your request for the lotus blossoms.
The maps and the constructible requests are together so you can only receive a total of 20 per day of maps and constructible items per day.

tonguelashing
12-14-12, 02:32 PM
That's right, the 1.2.1 update on New Dawn is from November 8th...

On Android however, we just released New Dawn on December 1st.

Ok, but if all the work is really being done in the original Dragon Story (on iOS at least) It doesn't make much sense to use New Dawn on Android...Though it does fix my intermittent scrolling bug that happens on the regular DS. I will continue to wait patiently for the Android updates (yes, I'm at patiently waiting now, LOL) and use the new features on my iPhone.

I do have some suggestions for you that would greatly help both platforms in the game, I think anyway. Will post in a new thread a bit later.

SybreTiger
12-14-12, 02:48 PM
I'm so unhappy they changed the rewards for the portal. :mad: It used to be if you traded say, a Life Dragon, you would get one small red gem and one small green gem. Now you just get one random small gem. That makes it sooooo much harder to get the new gemstone dragons. Even with the old way, it'd still take a minimum of 156 hours to get a Ruby, which I thought was insanely difficult enough. But now it's so much worse. There's no way of knowing how long it will take. I was so close to getting my ruby too, only 5 small red gems away... >_<

Horntail21
12-14-12, 02:50 PM
The regular Dragon game is the most current version of the game to be playing.

I would say yes, if you requested maps yesterday or today, your nbrs will need to return these to you first before they will get your request for the lotus blossoms.
The maps and the constructible requests are together so you can only receive a total of 20 per day of maps and constructible items per day.

Thanks Kooky, that is what's happening. I am used to sending out bulk requests and waiting two or three days before I send again. I am just all clogged up. I did get a requested item from someone I got a map from yesterday so it is all making sense now.

Horntail21
12-14-12, 02:52 PM
I'm so unhappy they changed the rewards for the portal. :mad: It used to be if you traded say, a Life Dragon, you would get one small red gem and one small green gem. Now you just get one random small gem. That makes it sooooo much harder to get the new gemstone dragons. Even with the old way, it'd still take a minimum of 156 hours to get a Ruby, which I thought was insanely difficult enough. But now it's so much worse. There's no way of knowing how long it will take. I was so close to getting my ruby too, only 5 small red gems away... >_<

I'm glad wilds like my island so much. I get as many of those as I do Life. Just got another trying for Snowman.

Horntail21
12-14-12, 02:53 PM
I think everyone that got the update would like it a lot better if you thought of it as a side game with rewards. It is gonna take time and is meant to last. Its just going to keep the game interesting for a much longer time.

Lipuro
12-14-12, 02:56 PM
Ahh thanks for the help! Just gotta download the new software update. I'm really exited! :)

finnth12
12-14-12, 02:56 PM
This is why I think selling eggs for gems is needed

Agree! I don't have habitats anymore to grow them into lvl4. Always selling them from the nest. It waste of the exp. I know. But I don't want to replace rare or super rare with common. Selling eggs for gems! If that possible!

witchydesign
12-14-12, 02:59 PM
Ya i still dont have the update. It shows i have gemstone dragons available, but i dont have the option for the buildings. I just reinstalled newdawn yesterday, so its up to date. Im a high enough level, unless 55 is still too low.. Which i doubt since my beau has them and hes the same level. So is it just not up for everyone?

kooky panda
12-14-12, 02:59 PM
Thanks Kooky, that is what's happening. I am used to sending out bulk requests and waiting two or three days before I send again. I am just all clogged up. I did get a requested item from someone I got a map from yesterday so it is all making sense now.
Here you go....http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5ql50ccHlUm5RtSV76en3-pNBJkOvosRBBnGDrgXhQSKH0UTd
Help with your clog...LOL

You can always try to let your nbrs know to DECLINE your map request. That way they may get your lotus request sooner, and also by not sending the map it will not take up one of your 20 max slots.

msvidkiller13
12-14-12, 03:02 PM
Feel sadden that not only didn't all platforms get the updates but had to come to the forum to find out that the new dragons are un breedable and then to also find out the not only was my time and money wasted to get nothing but it was spent going to another platform along with whole New Dawn which Kindle never got either. I just got pop up to leave feed back on Amazon too. Boy I have to really think hard on this one. Glad and hope you all are enjoying the updates it's a early Christmas for you all and I guess the rest of us get coal??? Thank you anyway for the little fun I was able to have with DS

bitealot
12-14-12, 03:02 PM

sorry this is not right. If your really not going to give us the building REMOVE the gold cost on the dragons and let us buy with coins

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 03:04 PM
Ya i still dont have the update. It shows i have gemstone dragons available, but i dont have the option for the buildings. I just reinstalled newdawn yesterday, so its up to date. Im a high enough level, unless 55 is still too low.. Which i doubt since my beau has them and hes the same level. So is it just not up for everyone?

I don't think the update is on the New Dawn, I got it on Old Dragon story version 1.2.1

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 03:13 PM
sorry this is not right. If your really not going to give us the building REMOVE the gold cost on the dragons and let us buy with coins

I hope you can see how that would make the features totally useless when we do release them on Android.

bitealot
12-14-12, 03:14 PM
I hope you can see how that would make the features totally useless when we do release them on Android.
If you do? we are still waiting for the tree

BellaNicole_NYC
12-14-12, 03:14 PM
As with most of these updates I will say it again - awesome idea but poorly executed. On a daily basis people complain about habitat cap and month after month it gets bypassed for something else. This time it's bypassed for something that again calls the habitat cap into question with players not wanting to sell their hard work in food/breeding to throw away lesser entities. I'm sure 90% of the issues could be resolved and ACTUALLY MAKE PLAYERS HAPPY by either lifting the habitat cap or providing a storage feature that would allow players to move around dragons so we have room for these additional features. This would also allow players to obtain all dragons in the game and display their favorites in-game while storing away lame dragons like the SnowPig, the TL dragon (oops meant clown dragon), and hiding holiday limited dragons unless it's that time of year. Come on TL have you really not thought of any of this?

From a business standpoint it makes no sense not to. I used to spend cash on the game weekly but haven't spent a cent for a couple months now becuase the habs are full. You want revenue? Give the players something we have asked for month after month to actually seek out speed breeding in your new feature-set

vampdrak
12-14-12, 03:21 PM
My Material Request screen is blank

Lipuro
12-14-12, 03:24 PM
Hmm... how do I know if I already have the 1.2 update? I don't want to delete/download the app and risk losing my progress... is that what I need to do? because there is no "update" option in the app store.

bitealot
12-14-12, 03:27 PM
Hmm... how do I know if I already have the 1.2 update? I don't want to delete/download the app and risk losing my progress... is that what I need to do? because there is no "update" option in the app store.

if your ios should update by its self, do NOT use new dawn. use the old game, the old game is the new NEW lol. If you use android (goopleplay) we can not play. it is only for apple users

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 03:28 PM

Menu, Help FAQ, bottom right hand corner should say version.

Lipuro
12-14-12, 03:29 PM
Oh so this feature isn't available in Dawn? wat
Thanks for the help.

bitealot
Menu, Help FAQ, bottom right hand corner should say version.

yeah what she said :P news to me to :)

foxxiegirl
Oh so this feature isn't available in Dawn? wat
Thanks for the help.

Correct,and YW

foxxiegirl
12-14-12, 03:31 PM
My Material Request screen is blank

Yea it's odd, after you hit request you have to hit the item again. Then names pop up

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 03:32 PM
Hey that was not on page 3 before. You used your powers and just placed it there (but if it really was sorry good sir an oversight on my part thanks for reposting.)
Actually...

Lipuro
12-14-12, 03:33 PM
The album is an AMAZING feature. Thanks so much now I don't have to keep track of what I have and don't have on my own. :)

Lolas_Kryptonite
12-14-12, 03:35 PM
As with most of these updates I will say it again - awesome idea but poorly executed. On a daily basis people complain about habitat cap and month after month it gets bypassed for something else. This time it's bypassed for something that again calls the habitat cap into question with players not wanting to sell their hard work in food/breeding to throw away lesser entities. I'm sure 90% of the issues could be resolved and ACTUALLY MAKE PLAYERS HAPPY by either lifting the habitat cap or providing a storage feature that would allow players to move around dragons so we have room for these additional features. This would also allow players to obtain all dragons in the game and display their favorites in-game while storing away lame dragons like the SnowPig, the TL dragon (oops meant clown dragon), and hiding holiday limited dragons unless it's that time of year. Come on TL have you really not thought of any of this?

From a business standpoint it makes no sense not to. I used to spend cash on the game weekly but haven't spent a cent for a couple months now becuase the habs are full. You want revenue? Give the players something we have asked for month after month to actually seek out speed breeding in your new feature-set

Maybe you should make your own game and structure it in the ever so perfect way that you need.

Lolas_Kryptonite
12-14-12, 03:43 PM
Jake, can you only receive lotus blossom's from neighbors that have the latest version?

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 03:44 PM

It's more sensitive than you might think. Namely, if there's no habitat cap, there's no control on the number of coins players have, and we support the free game by selling coins, amongst other things. Also, it becomes difficult to price foliage clearing and expanding - with an income control, we can price things out more intentionally.

That said, we recognize that it sucks, and that in general players wanting more dragons and not being able to house them is counter to the game's values, or at least my values for the game. We've never had a situation where players can't have every dragon (and we never will allow that situation), and we're exploring the best ways to increase habitat caps or relieve population while maintaining a thriving economy.

Stay tuned. Relief is coming - that's a promise.

PS you're a clown dragon.

vampdrak
12-14-12, 03:47 PM
Not sure what you mean hit item again. I hit the ask button. it then takes me to a screen that says material request but the box under it is all blank but the gray words on the bottom that says page 1/1

Yea it's odd, after you hit request you have to hit the item again. Then names pop up

kooky panda
12-14-12, 03:48 PM
Not sure what you mean hit item again. I hit the ask button. it then takes me to a screen that says material request but the box under it is all blank but the gray words on the bottom that says page 1/1
Try restarting your device.

JakeStorm8
12-14-12, 03:49 PM

That page will only display items that you can ask neighbors for. If the recipe does not contain items you can request, it will be blank.

The Lotus Blossom is the only requestable item right now, but we'll be adding more.

vampdrak
12-14-12, 03:49 PM
still no change

Try restarting your device.

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 03:51 PM
The only people who have habitat problems are those who want 3,4 and 5 of the same dragons. There is more then enough room for one of each dragon and to have doubles of a few. If you want your island all pimped out with diamonds everywhere thats cool but thats a decision you choose to make. You are not required to have 8 Infinities,9 diamonds and 3 of each diamond hybrid, that is your choice. If it were impossible to maintain all the dragons in the allotted habitats i would get all the crying but that is not the case. There are consequences for your decisions deal with them.

Picture someone having 10 of each common dragon and then complaining about how they don't have room for the diamond they just bred. We would simply call a shrink for them and tell them to get rid of one of the commons. No one told you that you had to horde all those Firestorms thats the choice you made. It works both ways.

kwhales
12-14-12, 03:52 PM
still no change

See Jakes response. Are you trying to request something other then a lotus blossom??

ubobdgc
12-14-12, 03:53 PM
What does the magic dust do? When trading diamond hybrids you get magic dusty?
Will it be used to craft dragons in the future?
That would be cool

kooky panda
12-14-12, 05:18 PM
What does the magic dust do? When trading diamond hybrids you get magic dusty?
Will it be used to craft dragons in the future?
That would be cool
Would be cool. I got nether dust from my life dragon trade.`

jrodt333
12-14-12, 05:28 PM
Hey Jake, do you know about how long it will take for Android/Kindle Fire to get this?

sweetstuff525
12-14-12, 05:35 PM
I just finished my 6 hr trade... Picked scorpion and got this
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj619/sweetstuff525/878BB8C3-D20C-461B-B1FC-665E36DA43A9-1048-000000D741D71E6F.jpg

I now put in landworm .... What have you guys gotten with landworm?

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 05:43 PM
I have android neighbors who are extremely confused about this...they want the new dragons but obviously can't get them. Since they don't come on the forum they're like "THERE MUST BE A WAY!" Poor souls. Is there a way to add info in-game, explaining the buildings are only ios and that the new dragons can't be bred?

Thanks for being so sincere, Jake. :)

henrylucky
12-14-12, 05:57 PM
I have android neighbors who are extremely confused about this...they want the new dragons but obviously can't get them. Since they don't come on the forum they're like "THERE MUST BE A WAY!" Poor souls. Is there a way to add info in-game, explaining the buildings are only ios and that the new dragons can't be bred?

Thanks for being so sincere, Jake. :)
WOW.....you say that.... !
I think the buildings will come in Android
I predict the buildings will come in 3-4 months or later, later, and later -_-

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 06:04 PM
WOW.....you say that.... !
I think the buildings will come in Android
I predict the buildings will come in 3-4 months or later, later, and later -_-
They're only available to iOS for the time being. I can't change that. But i understand you frustrated you must feel...

I traded a fairy and got a blossom, and two small gems, yellow and green. Now in goes scorpion (i have four more to go if i want to, lol) and will be getting a mystery thingy , and two big gems : red and yellow, obviously.

kwhales
12-14-12, 06:08 PM
I'm just getting a mystery thingy for my genie. I'll find out what a mystery thingy is in 21 minutes........twiddling my fingers...........

sweetstuff525
12-14-12, 06:08 PM
They're only available to iOS for the time being. I can't change that. But i understand you frustrated you must feel...

I traded a fairy and got a blossom, and two small gems, yellow and green. Now in goes scorpion (i have four more to go if i want to, lol) and will be getting a mystery thingy , and two big gems : red and yellow, obviously.

Ugh so I've been stocking on fairys for nothing

kwhales
12-14-12, 06:32 PM
Well, for my genie I got a small amethyst. Now I am trading my seabreeze...for 2 gems and mystery thingy.

kwhales
12-14-12, 06:41 PM
I want to thank you Jake and TL....since this new release last week and now today, the forum has picked up a bunch of new posters. Yay. Fresh blood!!!
Oops, I mean ideas and comments.

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 06:44 PM
i knew it, you bully
I want to thank you Jake and TL....since this new release last week and now today, the forum has picked up a bunch of new posters. Yay. Fresh blood!!!

klaineisland
12-14-12, 06:47 PM
Wait, I'm confused, should we just delete New Dawn, since this doesn't even work in it?

(then what was the point of New Dawn...? was it just a failure, or?)

kwhales
12-14-12, 06:48 PM
i knew it, you bully

Bully???? Why am I a bully you meanie?

henrylucky
12-14-12, 06:48 PM

I'm not frustrated -_-

Takiofallen
12-14-12, 06:57 PM
When i first came to the forum you threw your shoes at me, Now i walk around the forum with a football helmet on.
Bully???? Why am I a bully you meanie?

Klaineisland it's to get rid of the low feeding cost.

klaineisland
12-14-12, 06:59 PM
Klaineisland it's to get rid of the low feeding cost.

New Dawn was created to get rid of the low feeding cost?

So should I just be playing on the old game? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

kwhales
12-14-12, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Takiofallen;488120]When i first came to the forum you threw your shoes at me, Now i walk around the forum with a football helmet on.

Someone had to. And if I remember, more then one pair was coming your way.

kwhales
12-14-12, 07:03 PM
Wait, I'm confused, should we just delete New Dawn, since this doesn't even work in it?

(then what was the point of New Dawn...? was it just a failure, or?)

Yes, ND can be deleted. It will always be there if you need to add it again. TL upgraded the original game, I think, to get everyone on the same feeding amounts for light dragons. eons ago, lights were feed alot less to evolve. Some players never updated their original game and the feeding amount never changed. TL wants them too...so this release is an incentive to get them to.

klaineisland
12-14-12, 07:09 PM
Yes, ND can be deleted. It will always be there if you need to add it again. TL upgraded the original game, I think, to get everyone on the same feeding amounts for light dragons. eons ago, lights were feed alot less to evolve. Some players never updated their original game and the feeding amount never changed. TL wants them too...so this release is an incentive to get them to.

Thank you!

Nefertekas
12-14-12, 07:22 PM

My thoughts exactly... :p

wert147
12-14-12, 07:39 PM
Hi ,when will all these additional features b included to android users??still awaiting...thks.

klaineisland
12-14-12, 07:42 PM
Just a suggestion, but I would be more inclined to use gold (and thus, to purchase gold) if the trading portal had a one gold per hour speed up rate, as it does with the breeding and food. I just couldn't ever see myself using or spending the 20+ gold to speed it up. Same goes for the crafting house, if it's high there as well (I haven't tried it yet).

One more thing, and sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I don't have the attention span to go through 15 pages of threads - is the 6 hour time for the trading portal the same with all dragons, or does it change with each dragon like with the breeding times?

Thanks!

magzlitex777
12-14-12, 08:16 PM
I notice today that there are two new dragons the ruby and emerald dragons. As I understand it they fan only be bought or crafted. I went to get the craft building and noticed that I song have the pleasure to buy it and start crafting. When will kindle fire have the ability

azychan
12-14-12, 08:46 PM
Hah! I realized that those 2 dragons are unbreedable and android users have no way to get them but spend golds to buy. So, can you TL stop showing the announcement about them in the game? The pop up always appear when I open my game, I feel uncomfortable. I was annoyed by pop up for 3 weeks: Super Dragon pop up, Snowman dragon pop up and now Ruby-Emerald

nylear13
12-14-12, 09:18 PM
Hi, is there any way to announce in-game that the gemstone dragons are non-breedable? Because reading the dragon info on the Ruby dragon from the market, its a little misleading and seems to imply that they can be bred. I understand this issue has been clearly explained here, but I'm sure there are players who do not come on the forums and just keep breeding firexfire in vain :/

Tossa747
12-14-12, 10:43 PM
Why can't they breed? I wanted to remove my forest- and fire dragon and replace them with the new ones :(

zoom27
12-15-12, 12:31 AM
I sent off Fireforest and got 1 Large Ruby, 1 Large Emerald and 1 Small Emerald
Next I sent Wild and got 1 small emerald, 1 small ruby, and 1 small yellow stone (what was the name of the yellow stone again?)
I thought rares were given large stones, but apparently not...

flowless
12-15-12, 12:54 AM
Can we request spell scroll ?

And if so how

flowless
12-15-12, 12:59 AM
Oh another question

Is the trading time related to how long we bread a dragon or is it fixed for all

By the way aweosome update

However can't help feeling *****ed when I saw caretaker cottage in the spell shop after I bought it with 80 gems

qylin
12-15-12, 01:57 AM
Am not an iOS user, can I still own the portal?

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 03:28 AM
Can we request spell scroll ?

And if so how
No, we can only request blossoms for now.

Oh another question
Is the trading time related to how long we bread a dragon or is it fixed for all

It's six hours for any dragon, I think.

Am not an iOS user, can I still own the portal?

No. These features are, for the time being, only available for iOS. Let's hope they get things going for android sometime soon.

Just a suggestion, but I would be more inclined to use gold (and thus, to purchase gold) if the trading portal had a one gold per hour speed up rate, as it does with the breeding and food. I just couldn't ever see myself using or spending the 20+ gold to speed it up. Same goes for the crafting house, if it's high there as well (I haven't tried it yet).
Yep, I also think it's too much gold to speed up, for six hours!! Yikes.

one more thing:
In the items' descritptions, there is an incorrection! You forgot to change the rarity of the dragons to obtain a certain gem. Small gems can't be gained through common dragons and large gems can't be gained through rares, but rares and super-rares respectively.

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 03:36 AM
What I mean:

These need to say SUPER RARE DRAGONS.
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zps9cb004ff.jpg

AND HERE ALSO:
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zps9e298f1e.jpg

Momoko_peach
12-15-12, 04:00 AM
This game gets impossible.
I trade one fruitful and one firestorm dragons to see what happens... I had two.. I repeat TWO yellow stones.
Not only the time for trading is horribly long (5 hours / speed up for 30 gems !!), but the requested gems to get the ruby or emerald dragons are just too much !!! 2 large gems = 20 little ones. Plus the scrolls... A year will pass before I could have those dragons...
I must add that you must trade at least 4lvl and two colors dragons (it would be too easy !!).
It will get too much time, too much time... I give up.

Momoko_peach
12-15-12, 04:02 AM
Ps : there is NO way that i trade my rares dragons. I had too much pain to have them.

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 04:04 AM

Ahem... XD

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zps88027748.jpg

Ruby and Emerald sitting in the den, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ! :p

tasjatjuh157
12-15-12, 04:36 AM
Did you get any special time, when you breed those?

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 04:44 AM
Did you get any special time, when you breed those?
It's not my island, but i've asked the player...waiting for a response. But it's probably a perfectly normal breed: wild, life, firestorm, snowman.

Darkstorm2
12-15-12, 05:24 AM
It's more sensitive than you might think. Namely, if there's no habitat cap, there's no control on the number of coins players have, and we support the free game by selling coins, amongst other things. Also, it becomes difficult to price foliage clearing and expanding - with an income control, we can price things out more intentionally.

That said, we recognize that it sucks, and that in general players wanting more dragons and not being able to house them is counter to the game's values, or at least my values for the game. We've never had a situation where players can't have every dragon (and we never will allow that situation), and we're exploring the best ways to increase habitat caps or relieve population while maintaining a thriving economy.

Stay tuned. Relief is coming - that's a promise.

PS you're a clown dragon.

I have said anything for quite some time but I felt that i needed to respond to this. I understand the need for capping habitats to maintain the economy of the game. However, as you reach higher and higher levels, the economy is mute. When you reach higher levels, coins are not a restricting factor of the game anymore. I've sold countless super rare and diamond hybrids, but now I have to sell one of my diamonds to get a habitat! Im not thrilled about this. The max number of habitats should be higher at higher levels. I'm level 94 and never fall below 20 million coins. I don't need the habitats to earn coins, I need them to hold dragons!

nikky2012
12-15-12, 07:13 AM
Ahem... XD

That looks a lot like breeding to meeeee.

ubobdgc
12-15-12, 07:30 AM
Ahem... XD

I fee, bad for the ruby, only one head gets to be kissed

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 07:43 AM
I fee, bad for the ruby, only one head gets to be kissed

Lol! Or the emerald can kissy-kiss both heads, one atta time xD

mammami08
12-15-12, 07:55 AM
Hi Jake.

I'm awere this is the wrong thread for my question but i'm hoping you read this and maybe get back. Since the storage and album update my game started to force close on me all the time. It has gotten to the point that i'm thinking about quitting the game but i really don't want to do that. Yesterday when the new features came it took me 58 times to just buy and place the trading building, the spell shop took 42 tries ! I then tried to trade a landworm but i have not manage this untill a coulpe of hours ago.

I have tried to remove and down load the game again but no improvment rather it got worse. The same thing happens in catle story but not that bad, i have no problem in monster story or jewlws or home story. Is it something with those games or is it something with my device? I'm on ipad 1.

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 07:57 AM
Mammmami08 , that sucks! Have you tried pressing the lock and home buttons at the same time until the ipad restarts? I'm guessing you've already tried everything anyway...but that's so odd. :/

craigoryd
12-15-12, 08:02 AM
This update was a dumb idea. You have taken a very simple and nice game and made it complicated. The other problem I have is if you don't care to use the new "spell crafting" or "trading post" you can't sell them or get rid of them. Now they are just in the way. What a bad decision on TL's part. Keep things simple and people will be happy!

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 08:11 AM
This update was a dumb idea. You have taken a very simple and nice game and made it complicated. The other problem I have is if you don't care to use the new "spell crafting" or "trading post" you can't sell them or get rid of them. Now they are just in the way. What a bad decision on TL's part. Keep things simple and people will be happy!
That's you opinion. I , for one, find it a fun addition to the game. If you didn't want them, why build them? Just to see what it's like? Anyway, just let them sit there as decor. And if they bother you so much, stop playing alltogether. :p

nikky2012
12-15-12, 08:12 AM
I like the new update. To be honest, I was getting really bored with gameplay. But with the new update it gives me something to do other than expansions and the long journey of trying to get diamond.

craigoryd
12-15-12, 08:19 AM
This game is just trying to keep up with all the other dragon games. Ill just stick with new dawn an hope they don't screw that one up.

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 08:32 AM
Just use them as decor if you don't like them. I personally think it's a very cool new feature added to the game.

FairyAmethyst
12-15-12, 08:38 AM
I have deleted Dragon Story. It's fun but like another poster mentioned, as an android user, the updates and announcements made me feel uncomfortable and a bit jealous. Plus I recently came to terms with the fact that I will never be able to play Monster Story. I have tried everything I been told on the forum and in my complaint emails. It been over a month and nothing changed. I have gotten tired of sending help emails.....i have given up on Monster and Dragon Story.

mammami08
12-15-12, 08:45 AM
Mammmami08 , that sucks! Have you tried pressing the lock and home buttons at the same time until the ipad restarts? I'm guessing you've already tried everything anyway...but that's so odd. :/

OMG, Nefertekas, i thought i had done that but went and did it agian? And the problem seems to be solved ! Thank you SO much, i get you a gold right away ;)

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 09:06 AM
OMG, Nefertekas, i thought i had done that but went and did it agian? And the problem seems to be solved ! Thank you SO much, i get you a gold right away ;)

So glad it worked! :) you don't need to gift, don't worry, you're more than welcome x) keep checking if the game is okay! i'd recommend doing that restar thingy every night before going to bed, seems to help the device run faster and whatnot!

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 09:08 AM
Try to see of you can visit someone...

dapplefur
12-15-12, 09:19 AM

i disagree. i really like the update and it gives me something to do with all the rares and super rares i get instead of just selling them for a measly 100 coins. i like that we can craft new decor and the caretaker's cabin which costs 80 gold if you buy it in the market and craft new dragons.

i have a suggestion for Jake - i would love if at some point we could craft mystic maps. i'm lucky if i get 10 a day and i'm at the point where i need 40 to expand. granted this should be only for us higher level players and not beginners.

cityfan
12-15-12, 10:07 AM
I love the new trading post/spell shop! I was planning on quitting Dragon Story come Jan 1, 2013 if I didn't get the diamond by then.....but not anymore. Thanks TL, you made this game fun again!!

lizdahlin
12-15-12, 10:29 AM
I really like the update! I don't spend gold often, and I don't really think its necessary, I breed as often as I can to try and pick up the super rares and such and now I have a useful way to be rid of duplicates of the more common dragons. Additionally, it gives us the opportunity to do something besides staring at our breeding den and wish it would go faster. The disappointment of seeing the short breeding times is over! Now I see it as an opportunity to get gems for the neat side quests. Honestly, the food required to get a dragon to level 4 to evolve isn't that much, so what's the clamor for? It's a NEW feature for crying out loud. I'm not trying for a "game first" so I guess that's why I'm not that upset about this.
I agree with the need for additional dens for those that are really high level, and the storage feature would be fantastic for helping us to design our islands, but really people...relax and give this a chance

foxxiegirl
12-15-12, 11:49 AM
I need 1 more large green gem to get the Emerald Dragon. Come on Super Rare Dragon! Mama needs a gem!!!

grondai
12-15-12, 11:57 AM
I need 1 more large green gem to get the Emerald Dragon. Come on Super Rare Dragon! Mama needs a gem!!!

How did you get all your scrolls already

grondai
12-15-12, 12:07 PM
Good thinking on adding the confirm pop up for dragon trading. I could see myself accidentally selling a super rare I wanted

foxxiegirl
12-15-12, 12:12 PM
How did you get all your scrolls already

Crafted 1 and got 2 from the mystery box.

grondai
12-15-12, 12:14 PM
Crafted 1 and got 2 from the mystery box.

Awww lucky. I crafted one and got one from mystery box. I already traded 6 mistmoths, a planet, and I forget what else

suzysuzy35
12-15-12, 12:48 PM
Can you breed a ruby and emerald?

I read in this thread and Jake storm said no, but I see one of my neighbours has a ruby in epic and an emerald in epic and he is breeding them. I'm keeping an eye out to see if he gets anything.

nikky2012
12-15-12, 12:59 PM

I read in this thread and Jake storm said no, but I see one of my neighbours has a ruby in epic and an emerald in epic and he is breeding them. I'm keeping an eye out to see if he gets anything.

We are not suppose to be able to. Its a bug that they are going to work on.

suzysuzy35
12-15-12, 01:01 PM
It's a shame we won't be able to breed from them, wont stop me trying to get them as part of my collection though.

bite2
12-15-12, 01:09 PM
Why can't I get the trade or spell shop? There's no update for dragon story. I have android Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket please help I put money into this game all the time please help!!!

suzysuzy35
12-15-12, 01:13 PM
I don't think android users can get the update yet. Just iOS users.

ubobdgc
12-15-12, 02:32 PM

But either way it takes 6 hours to trade. Someone could easily get a life dragon.

ubobdgc
12-15-12, 02:33 PM
Instead of forest

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 02:57 PM
Aww, am i the ony one who keeps getting lame stuff from mystery boxes? XD i want/need more scrolls. :(

grondai
12-15-12, 03:02 PM
Aww, am i the ony one who keeps getting lame stuff from mystery boxes? XD i want/need more scrolls. :(

Nope same here. I should have a lot more scrolls from all the mostest boxes I've opened

badger8
12-15-12, 03:07 PM
Jake-
I'm unable to trade purple magic dragons & I'm curious why as they are actually hybrids. They aren't able to be bought with gems like fire & forest & take a while to hatch, so i'm wondering if this is intentional or an oops.
Thx!

Baraze
12-15-12, 03:12 PM
I love the new update. I don't mind trading in some dragons I'd sold off for pennies and/or have been easy for me to breed again. I'm just not sure ill be easy to let go of my super rare dragons that were a pit to breed. Ill see, because the new items make for a new facet to the game and it could persuade me to trade and just have fun breeding the dragons again.

I just wish things weren't so expensive, but alas, if I found time to collect coins more it would be easy.

I do feel bad for android, because until I got on iOS too, I'd also feel like we were left out. Don't stop playing though, good times come to those who wait. Now my luck would be perfect if I could get a diamond!

12-15-12, 03:54 PM
I absolutely love this new update. One more reason I love this game. Just wondering though, I click on the information tab to see about earning things like a small green/yellow/red/blue gem, and it says simply by trading a common dragon with that gem in it. However, when I try to trade a common it doesn't show a small gem as an option. Not a major disappointment but I was really hoping I could let go of some fruitfuls instead of a fairy or parakeet lol

kwhales
12-15-12, 03:59 PM
I absolutely love this new update. One more reason I love this game. Just wondering though, I click on the information tab to see about earning things like a small green/yellow/red/blue gem, and it says simply by trading a common dragon with that gem in it. However, when I try to trade a common it doesn't show a small gem as an option. Not a major disappointment but I was really hoping I could let go of some fruitfuls instead of a fairy or parakeet lol

Jake answers this on page 9 #86. Some things changed since original release.

12-15-12, 05:11 PM
Yes sadly... Still love it though and thank you

Sefyre
12-15-12, 05:48 PM
I think this is a really interesting (and potentially useful!) concept... but after looking at everything, I feel that this feature was geared more towards the players who are at levels 50+ and/or who have expanded quite a bit and have numerous duplicates of Dragons and are looking for a way to expand their collection while being able to play something of a minigame.

That said, I'm level 28 and don't really have a 'use' or 'need' for it at the moment as I'm still struggling with expansion, clearing obstacles, and simply breeding some of the basic hybrids.

Horntail21
12-15-12, 05:52 PM
Maybe this is answered somewhere but I haven't seen it. What are the incubation times for the Ruby and Emerald dragons? Does anyone have emerald that I can see?

zoom27
12-15-12, 06:06 PM
So just for clarification:
(Tell me if any of these are wrong)
1. You can't trade pure dragons such as fire, air, forest, and water.
2. You get LARGE STONE for trading SUPER-RARES, but small stone for trading commons and RARES.
3. You can't trade diamond or inifinity dragons.
4. Can you trade diamond hybrids such as crusader, quetzal, gold, mercury, anubis?
5. All dragons must be level 4 or above in order to be tradable
6. All dragons are traded for 6 hours.

zoom27
12-15-12, 06:07 PM
Maybe this is answered somewhere but I haven't seen it. What are the incubation times for the Ruby and Emerald dragons? Does anyone have emerald that I can see?

I believe 12 hours for ruby and 8 hours for emerald. You can see the time at the spell shop.
For picture of emerald, you'll have to look through this thread, there are picture somewhere. (You can see baby emerald dragon at the spell shop. It has a picture of the baby dragon)

ubobdgc
12-15-12, 06:18 PM
I think you should be able to trade a pure diamond, and get another dragon that can only be obtained by trading a diamond or infinity, or both

kwhales
12-15-12, 06:51 PM
I don't think you get small gems for commons, just mystery box stuff. I think this was changed before TL release it to us. Its written I believe on page 9 Item #86 or something like that.

Cupmeetscake
12-16-12, 01:18 AM
Will ANDROID get a chance to acquire these new awesome buildings to craft & trade??

nylear13
12-16-12, 01:24 AM
Will ANDROID get a chance to acquire these new awesome buildings to craft & trade??

TL is working on it, but probably not anytime soon

saintlover
12-16-12, 06:54 AM
I had to trade off one of my duplicate diamond hybrids to make room for the new purple/diamond hybrid. Im pretty sure it would be considered rare, all I got back was fairy dust and 2 small purple gems. 😠

Nefertekas
12-16-12, 07:05 AM
I had to trade off one of my duplicate diamond hybrids to make room for the new purple/diamond hybrid. Im pretty sure it would be considered rare, all I got back was fairy dust and 2 small purple gems. 😠

You traded a diamond?

corypoodle
12-16-12, 07:07 AM
I haven't had this update yet. I'm so lost!!! Do I have to do something special for it to appear???

Nefertekas
12-16-12, 07:12 AM
I haven't had this update yet. I'm so lost!!! Do I have to do something special for it to appear???

Are you on iOS or android? Are you using new dawn or older DS? This is only for dragon story, and for iOS for now. By updating to the latestn version of DS, the new buildings should appear as goals.

corypoodle
12-16-12, 07:20 AM
I'm on iOS and I play New Dawn :( and the are no new updates appearing :(

Nefertekas
12-16-12, 07:28 AM
I'm on iOS and I play New Dawn :( and the are no new updates appearing :(

Like i said in the above post (and it has been written several times already) new dawn DID NOT GET THE UPDATES. You have to download the updated version 1.2.1 of the "old" dragon story. Try it, and then come back here and tell us if you got it. :p

spodn
12-16-12, 07:37 AM
:confused::mad:
I guess Tl isn't ininterested in keeping their android players. they certainly aren't doing anything to keep us interested.

foxxiegirl
12-16-12, 08:53 AM
My Emerald is in the nest ;) Also just an fyi and idk if it happens ALL the time for everybody but I traded tons of wilds and my mystery always gave me a 2nd small gem. So you get 2 green and a red.

Spiceshirl
12-16-12, 09:05 AM

I don't understand what is meant that they cannot breed dragons because used fire and Emerald and got a SnownMan :)

grondai
12-16-12, 09:10 AM
I don't understand what is meant that they cannot breed dragons because used fire and Emerald and got a SnownMan :)

I think if they made emerald and ruby able to breed they would also be breed able. I don't think they can be one or the other

foxxiegirl
12-16-12, 09:10 AM

I think it's been said that you not ment to be able to. It's a bug they are working to fix so they are not breedable.

Spiceshirl
12-16-12, 09:11 AM

Wow!! You traded a diamond for a rare dragon?? I can't see the logics in that, no wonder TL sent you fairy dust your brain clog got removed!!!

foxxiegirl
12-16-12, 09:13 AM
Wow!! You traded a diamond for a rare dragon?? I can't see the logics in that, no wonder TL sent you fairy dust your brain clog got removed!!!

A lot of people are having to get rid of Diamond Hybrids we need the space. I was going to sell a pure Diamond on friday for 100 coins.

Spiceshirl
12-16-12, 09:16 AM
I think it's been said that you not ment to be able to. It's a bug they are working to fix so they are not breedable.

Ha Ha and i breed Emerald to fairy and got fairy!! So thats so not true at all, I think you will get super-rare and rare dragons if you use them to breed so thats why they trying to remove the breedable option(

foxxiegirl
12-16-12, 09:18 AM
Ha Ha and i breed Emerald to fairy and got fairy!! So thats so not true at all, I think you will get super-rare and rare dragons if you use them to breed so thats why they trying to remove the breedable option(

As i said they are WORKING to fix it.

Spiceshirl
12-16-12, 09:22 AM
A lot of people are having to get rid of Diamond Hybrids we need the space. I was going to sell a pure Diamond on friday for 100 coins.

I will never, no way under the sun sell my diamond dragons for rare dragons thats 1) unbreedable 2) That eats the most food, 3)Low coin earnings 4)Not as cute as my diamond. I refuse!!!!!:mad:

Spiceshirl
12-16-12, 09:24 AM
As i said they are WORKING to fix it.

Well I hope it takes them as long to fix it as it's taking to reward more habitat!!! :)

grondai
12-16-12, 09:47 AM
I bet nether dust will be used to make a nether portal

Nefertekas
12-16-12, 09:52 AM
I bet nether dust will be used to make a nether portal

Well that would be kinda useless and disappointing (for me; since i already have them).

grondai
12-16-12, 10:09 AM
Well that would be kinda useless and disappointing (for me; since i already have them).

Ya me too. Hopefully I'm wrong. It would be cool if it were a new nether portal. An all black nether portal or orange

Nefertekas
12-16-12, 12:21 PM
Ya me too. Hopefully I'm wrong. It would be cool if it were a new nether portal. An all black nether portal or orange

Hmm, I'd rather ot be something different. The nether portal is cool as it is, I don't think switching color scheme would be anything revolutionary. Nope, I think they have something else that's pretty cool in stock for us ;D

Horntail21
12-16-12, 12:25 PM
How about summoning a dragon that was cast into the nether region through the portal? Now that is maximizing the useless portal decoration lol

grondai
12-16-12, 12:27 PM
How about summoning a dragon that was cast into the nether region through the portal? Now that is maximizing the useless portal decoration lol

Wait! That's it! The nether dust will be used to create a dragon from the Other World- as described in the nether portal description

Nefertekas
12-16-12, 12:53 PM
Wait! That's it! The nether dust will be used to create a dragon from the Other World- as described in the nether portal description
Ah, THAT would be cool :D

jrocket97
12-16-12, 01:36 PM
Make commons give something useful, and I'll be happy. A twentieth of a gemstone isn't really a stretch for them to give.

MysticTea
12-16-12, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure why I don't have the option to purchase these new buildings? No update is available to me, but the gem dragons are shown as available... I must have bred a couple of fire dragons for hours last night trying to get a ruby, obviously without success. How do I get the crafting shop etc?

grondai
12-16-12, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure why I don't have the option to purchase these new buildings? No update is available to me, but the gem dragons are shown as available... I must have bred a couple of fire dragons for hours last night trying to get a ruby, obviously without success. How do I get the crafting shop etc?

It's not available on kindle or android. You can only buy the dragons for gold

foxxiegirl
12-16-12, 01:46 PM

Have you read the entire thread? Also are you on android or iOS? If you play Android you don't have the option atm. iOS you need to play the Original DS and update to 1.2.1

MysticTea
12-16-12, 01:52 PM

I realise now this is due to me being an android user. Any idea when this update will be released for us? I love the ruby dragon, and I'm being teased that it's available, when really... you cannot breed it. Thank you, and look forward to the update!

MysticTea
12-16-12, 02:06 PM
Just a further thought... it would be helpful to have some identification symbol, or dragon info that tells us if dragons can only be crafted (or traded), and not bred. Especially for android users. Might save folk time and frustration trying to breed something they can't.

grondai
12-16-12, 02:08 PM
Just a further thought... it would be helpful to have some identification symbol, or dragon info that tells us if dragons can only be crafted (or traded), and not bred. Especially for android users. Might save folk time and frustration trying to breed something they can't.

That's what I was thinking. A lot of android users are going to be left in the dark and not know how to get the gem dragons

Nefertekas
12-16-12, 02:13 PM
That's what I was thinking. A lot of android users are going to be left in the dark and not know how to get the gem dragons

Not know that they CAN'T get them, for now. A lot of people are confused! TL needs to create a pop-up to warn the android users, or at least add an information SOMEHERE.

NouraMoh
12-16-12, 06:59 PM
Oh another question

By the way aweosome update

However can't help feeling *****ed when I saw caretaker cottage in the spell shop after I bought it with 80 gems

Yes!! Me too !! I paid 80 gold for that caretaker cottage. I want them back now. Please credit my account :)

grondai
12-16-12, 07:32 PM
Yes!! Me too !! I paid 80 gold for that caretaker cottage. I want them back now. Please credit my account :)

me too... Very unfair that I paid 80g for caretaker cottage. That's a lesson learned. Never pay gold for deco because they will make it craftable

Ayridonia
12-16-12, 08:05 PM
Is there a projected date for android users to get the spell shop and trading portal yet?

shadowpain7
12-16-12, 10:16 PM
I really like the update guys, thanks for all the hard work you put into it, keep it up. :)

Sefyre
12-16-12, 10:28 PM
Not know that they CAN'T get them, for now. A lot of people are confused! TL needs to create a pop-up to warn the android users, or at least add an information SOMEHERE.

I definitely agree. They also could have openly stated somewhere in the first post of this thread when this thread was created and beta went underway that only 10% of iOS users were given this feature to beta test instead of letting everyone get confused and frustrated... but they didn't.

Extra communication could definitely spare more hurt feelings and further confusion, but that's just my two cents.

jrodt333
12-16-12, 11:23 PM
I also agree. It's not like most people visit these forums anyway. A lot of Android users probably have no idea what's going on.