PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge Shard?

Pages : 1 [2]

maguar
05-02-14, 01:55 AM
I have no idea what if any plans there are but I remain hopeful :)

jimmyshilling
07-09-14, 02:19 PM
Can anyone explain what I need to do to get the last shard of knowledge? I have waited months and nothing has shown up. I'm in need of mithril now so this would be most useful:) thanks in advance

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-09-14, 02:28 PM
I just recently got the 4th shard and have collected from my tablet every single time it was ready lol.. I'm level 44 so yeah, it took awhile. Good luck!

jimmyshilling
07-09-14, 02:39 PM
Level 33 and extremely active, I really hope it don't take me till level 44 :) just started glimmer gate, building my fairy garden, need the net for thurston and no mithril left lol

meme1098
07-09-14, 02:41 PM
Just keep collecting everyday & eventually it will happen.

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-09-14, 02:50 PM
Gonna ask the obvious lol...got 2 deep mines? (They'll fall from those but not regular mines)
Also, try the jeweler's trade in the Royal Exchange...most times it gives iron & silver but I've had a bit of luck lately with it also giving me mithril and even adamant. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-09-14, 02:58 PM
Ps. Save up your gems for a mithril dragon! I heart mine. :)

jimmyshilling
07-09-14, 03:01 PM
Thanks all! I have the dragon and 2 deep mines, cannot level up as need mithril lol. Never had any luck with the trade, but will give that another go. So it's slow progress with my dragon dropping one a day when I need so much. What should I work on first?

NorthWoodsKingdom
07-09-14, 03:13 PM
Since you have the mithril dragon, I'd save the net for Thurston til last (cuz that just lets you catapult a dragon egg, if I remember right lol).... As far as the other 2, hmm... Glimmergate lets you continue on with Greselda. I don't remember how many mithril you need for each one, but since you have Big Blue (what I call my Mr. Mithril Dragon lol), you should be able to continue on with both pretty soon, I would think. I know others have experienced this same issue as of late, needing mithril for both faeries and glimmergate, maybe one of them will chime in soon to help out. :)

forkyfork99
07-09-14, 03:28 PM
I saved the whispernet for last. Especially since you already have a dragon, there's really no rush. I would work on the fairy garden, because even when you upgrade that with the mithril, you still need more stuff not to upgrade it.

Also, while I was waiting for mithril I started on the goal for pepe. So that's another thing to consider if you don't already have that. No mithril, but lots of rat tails!

jimmyshilling
07-09-14, 04:24 PM
Done pepe. All I have left is, fairy, glimmer gate, dragon and golden obelisk. So for now I'm being held up by mithril. Oh I only need the expansion badge, and then that's done too :)

Hihyunwoo
07-10-14, 02:49 AM
Ok I'm on level 36 I only have 2 knowledge shards starting to get fed up with not being able to do the extra stuff like others can in their magic forges so are these shards supposed to come from the tablet? I didn't even know we were supposed to be getting shards from the tablet until the pyre dragon event and I had neighbours making mithril in their magic forges and I'm like what the heck I can't do that. I'd still have no idea if it wasn't for that event and now it's starting to bug me.

PurpleScorpion76
07-10-14, 08:50 AM
I'm well over a month and only on shard 2. But then I did want 1 dark caves adventure and 1 trade with belladonna before the second shard purely because they came in that order. Rats tails being so hard to come by and no Pepe yet is making this a long task.

maguar
07-10-14, 02:22 PM
Ok I'm on level 36 I only have 2 knowledge shards starting to get fed up with not being able to do the extra stuff like others can in their magic forges so are these shards supposed to come from the tablet? I didn't even know we were supposed to be getting shards from the tablet until the pyre dragon event and I had neighbours making mithril in their magic forges and I'm like what the heck I can't do that. I'd still have no idea if it wasn't for that event and now it's starting to bug me.

The shards are only available from the tablet. Unfortunately they are rare drops so it can take awhile to get them. Keep collecting and fingers crossed you'll get it soon.

OlifantSkoene
08-01-14, 01:42 PM
Hey, I'm hoping someone can provide some clarity on this for me:

I had to delete Castle Story from my phone for a few months. I uploaded it again a week or so ago, was pleasantly surprised by the many new updates (yay!) but also noticed that I only have two "Research" scrolls in my inventory from the Tablet of Tabernum - aquifers and anatomy.

I am convinced that I completed all four of the research quests, and to add to my confusion I noticed that I have two knowledge shards sitting in my inventory too. From what I remember, and have read from this thread, is that when you collect these shards they trigger the research quests. No research quests are available in my quest log, and I do not have the alchemy options in my magic forge. I don't know how to tell whether the agriculture research is in effect, but I'm assuming not because the scroll isn't in my inventory.

Can someone tell me if I am experiencing a glitch, or whether my memory has failed me and that I simply need to be patient and collect several shards in hopes that eventually one of them will trigger a research quest?

As a side note, can anyone point me to an u-to-date guide that shows all the (new) quests with applicable triggers/required levels?

Thanks!

Castloninian
08-01-14, 01:59 PM
Hey, I'm hoping someone can provide some clarity on this for me:

I had to delete Castle Story from my phone for a few months. I uploaded it again a week or so ago, was pleasantly surprised by the many new updates (yay!) but also noticed that I only have two "Research" scrolls in my inventory from the Tablet of Tabernum - aquifers and anatomy.

I am convinced that I completed all four of the research quests, and to add to my confusion I noticed that I have two knowledge shards sitting in my inventory too. From what I remember, and have read from this thread, is that when you collect these shards they trigger the research quests. No research quests are available in my quest log, and I do not have the alchemy options in my magic forge. I don't know how to tell whether the agriculture research is in effect, but I'm assuming not because the scroll isn't in my inventory.

Can someone tell me if I am experiencing a glitch, or whether my memory has failed me and that I simply need to be patient and collect several shards in hopes that eventually one of them will trigger a research quest?

As a side note, can anyone point me to an u-to-date guide that shows all the (new) quests with applicable triggers/required levels?

Thanks!
Not sure if it helps but I remember that the scrolls were added later than the shards themselves. So there are players who completed them all but have no scrolls. Not sure about the shards themselves. If you can craft mithril in your forge you have completed them all.

Re you other question, have a look at the stickies at the top, I think there is a goal guide?

maridadi
08-28-14, 06:07 PM
Finished the first quest more than a year ago and got the aquifer shard. Have since finished all the quests here but inventory remains at one shard. What am I missing and how do the rest get added to my inventory?

Alicew319
09-01-14, 03:21 PM
I'm at level 50 and I collect every day, but I still only have two of the shards. Is that normal?

Alicew319
09-01-14, 03:22 PM
Finished the first quest more than a year ago and got the aquifer shard. Have since finished all the quests here but inventory remains at one shard. What am I missing and how do the rest get added to my inventory?

I'm in the same boat. Seems crazy that it takes this long...

reliquary
09-01-14, 03:51 PM
Yup that is weird. I've been playing since May 2014 am lv 37 and I've had all 4 for quite a while now. Think I got the last one in July.....i do play a lot tho, and always collect from the pillar.

My question is, so no more shards left...and don't get much coin from it.....is there any future plans from TL to add more shards?

Otherwise I'll test it going in storage & if it still gives 2x water....anybody tried?

tigarlilyvol
09-01-14, 04:21 PM
Yup that is weird. I've been playing since May 2014 am lv 37 and I've had all 4 for quite a while now. Think I got the last one in July.....i do play a lot tho, and always collect from the pillar.

My question is, so no more shards left...and don't get much coin from it.....is there any future plans from TL to add more shards?

Otherwise I'll test it going in storage & if it still gives 2x water....anybody tried?

You are stuck with it, it can't be sold or put into storage. You can try to hide it or learn to like it. It is here to stay. lol collect from cows and chickens, also helps.

magical222
09-12-14, 05:07 AM
I have had the tablet for a year and play several times a day. I still have none of the shards. I am pretty frustrated as they really help you in the game

PurpleScorpion76
09-12-14, 09:03 AM
Seems a bit long to wait, I've been playing since May of this year, level 37 and have all 4 shards, but do think mine have come quite quickly in comparison to others.

foodpill
01-17-15, 09:17 AM
I'm at level 30, playing for 6 months, collecting from tabernum religiously; no shards. Reading about people getting so many shards within a short period of time seems pretty unbelievable. on the other hand, I have been really lucky with other rare drops and adventure loot. I have got 14 Mithril and a fey Chrystal along with other rare stuff I've no idea what to do with. ...adamant??...

SpiritWind00
01-17-15, 03:30 PM
I'm at level 30, playing for 6 months, collecting from tabernum religiously; no shards. Reading about people getting so many shards within a short period of time seems pretty unbelievable. on the other hand, I have been really lucky with other rare drops and adventure loot. I have got 14 Mithril and a fey Chrystal along with other rare stuff I've no idea what to do with. ...adamant??...

Yes shards are rare, but just keep collecting daily from the tablet of Tabernum and the shards will eventually drop.

As for your items, all will be revealed in due course and you will have a use for them all later on! :). Welcome to the forum too!

foodpill
01-19-15, 12:56 PM
Yes shards are rare, but just keep collecting daily from the tablet of Tabernum and the shards will eventually drop.

As for your items, all will be revealed in due course and you will have a use for them all later on! :). Welcome to the forum too!

Thank you!

Thanks for taking the time to answer, too. It's nice to be reassured.

danzplace
01-19-15, 04:56 PM
I am at level 46 and just received shards 3 and 4 a few weeks apart. But as I am in the middle of trading with the faires, jewels are too precious to me to part with right now to finish the last quest.

I did what someone suggested earlier, and surrounded my statue with ponds. After waiting almost a year, I had success in a few weeks. It couldn't hurt to try.

foodpill
02-01-15, 03:38 PM
I am at level 46 and just received shards 3 and 4 a few weeks apart. But as I am in the middle of trading with the faires, jewels are too precious to me to part with right now to finish the last quest.

I did what someone suggested earlier, and surrounded my statue with ponds. After waiting almost a year, I had success in a few weeks. It couldn't hurt to try.

I think I'm going to try this. I'm almost at level 32 and still got nothing. Won't say I'm desperate but starting to wonder if it'll ever happen... You're right can't hurt.

Vovieadventure
02-10-15, 01:09 PM
I'm on level 35 and still have not received anything from the Tabernum. Is that normal or should I have gotten a quest already?

meme1098
02-10-15, 02:54 PM
I'm on level 35 and still have not received anything from the Tabernum. Is that normal or should I have gotten a quest already?

Have you checked Dabag's goal thread in "The Hub"?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story Goals&p=481863&viewfull=1#post481863

Once you expand there a goal should have popped up. See those posts to ascertain if you've completed them or not.

Vovieadventure
02-12-15, 01:45 PM
Thanks, I have looked at that several times but never got the quest. When I do get it, will it stay in my quest book until I have finished each one or is it on a time limit? Thanks for your help.

meme1098
02-12-15, 02:09 PM
Yes...it's not timed since it takes collecting everyday from the Tabernum to get the shards.

Vovieadventure
02-12-15, 04:04 PM
Thanks, then I didn't miss not getting it. I wish it would hurry up and come so I can reap the benefits of it. Thanks again for your help.

kat8rose
02-12-15, 11:48 PM
I have the first three shards, been about 3 months and I have collected every day. it seems the average to get all four has been about a month or so. Is this something I need to contact customer support for... So don't want to contact them if not necessary. seems like a long time, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...... Happy Valentines weekend to all! ;-),

queentina3
02-13-15, 06:10 AM
I have the first three shards, been about 3 months and I have collected every day. it seems the average to get all four has been about a month or so. Is this something I need to contact customer support for... So don't want to contact them if not necessary. seems like a long time, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...... Happy Valentines weekend to all! ;-),

It can take months and sometimes even a year to get all 4 shards. My average was about 3 months per shard, if I recall right. It will eventually fall, just keep plugging away.

kat8rose
02-13-15, 11:03 PM
Thanks, Queen Tina ...seems like most people got them quicker, but I'll hold on and keep on collecting.variations, quite frankly are confusing to me. ... if not at regular intervals, I think a common end time would be useful. Thanks again!

violetlove12
02-19-15, 06:48 AM
I have the tablet for a month now and still no shards. I want to get it soon because I'm in great need of mermaid scales. Seems like I'm not lucky with this.

GarfieldandPookie
02-21-15, 11:45 PM
It says on the first three shards that "it may have other secret effects" Does that mean anything or it is just something TL wrote?

ArcadiaTofu
02-22-15, 05:29 AM
I got my first shard back in early November, if I recall correctly. No other shards since then.

TL, why are the drop rates so long on average (the burning ember is something I desperately don't want to imagine worrying about since the rarity of it is so huge that only 1 out of 40 users manage to snag one)? I'd like to be able to have all the shards sometime in the near future so the Alchemy perks will be available to me since drop rates for rarer items seem to decrease the higher level I go :(

If I have to wait three months per shard then by that logic I should be able to get my next one no later than one month from now. I hope I'm just unlucky and I'll manage to get my second and third fairly quickly but something tells me I'll be waiting a full year to get all of them :|

midsom
02-22-15, 12:29 PM
I got my first shard back in early November, if I recall correctly. No other shards since then.

TL, why are the drop rates so long on average (the burning ember is something I desperately don't want to imagine worrying about since the rarity of it is so huge that only 1 out of 40 users manage to snag one)? I'd like to be able to have all the shards sometime in the near future so the Alchemy perks will be available to me since drop rates for rarer items seem to decrease the higher level I go :(

If I have to wait three months per shard then by that logic I should be able to get my next one no later than one month from now. I hope I'm just unlucky and I'll manage to get my second and third fairly quickly but something tells me I'll be waiting a full year to get all of them :|

The gap between my first and second shard was huge but the next two came really quickly, within a week of each other. I think it is a combination of how many hearts your nbrs tap on the tabernum and how often you collect, there simply has to be some equation like that

bookadey
02-22-15, 01:43 PM
This got me thinking....I think I got all my shards during community events. My first one was around the Pyre (summer) event, the 2nd and 3 were around the Halloween events and the 4th was during the Christmas event. In my case, I was super active in my kingdom during those times - playing every hour to 2 hours. I was always chopping rocks or collecting crops (remember cornfest? lol) any time I had energy. So maybe it has to do with how much energy is used between knowledge shards? just a thought...

SpiritWind00
02-22-15, 01:55 PM
Ooh, nice theory! I seem to recall getting mine quite quickly too because I was like a mad woman who played constantly all day every day! Oh wait..... I still do that! Hahahaha.... :). But it's a good working hypothesis.

Just make sure that you collect from it every day. Shards will drop. Gotta fly!

midsom
02-22-15, 03:56 PM
This got me thinking....I think I got all my shards during community events. My first one was around the Pyre (summer) event, the 2nd and 3 were around the Halloween events and the 4th was during the Christmas event. In my case, I was super active in my kingdom during those times - playing every hour to 2 hours. I was always chopping rocks or collecting crops (remember cornfest? lol) any time I had energy. So maybe it has to do with how much energy is used between knowledge shards? just a thought...

Yes I got my agricultural one during the cornfest of Halloween, it was near the end and I couldn't believe the difference it made, then the beast one was really soon before that and I thought the alchemy one would takes ages but I had it before the Christmas event.

foodpill
02-23-15, 07:54 AM
I dunno. Maybe that theory holds true for some, unfortunately not for me. I have been playing every couple of hours a day since Christmas. Level 34 and still got nothing. Not one shard. My partner who is at level 32 and has been playing less than me, has all four. I guess I have the wrong extreme of 'random'.

foodpill
02-24-15, 08:30 AM
Just got my first one after six months!! :) I did rearrange my ponds around the tablet three or four weeks ago like someone in this thread suggested, who knows maybe that did the trick. More likely the drop is completely random. Somebody else posted that they're still waiting for the first one after a year of playing?.. That's gotta suck. Hope it drops soon. Hope my second shard doesn't make me wait that long.

StevenKevin
05-08-15, 07:19 PM
Those random drops are very weird.... got my 4 shards in about 2 weeks before i could even complete the 1st one and i wasnt even level 25 then!!!!! While it took me weeks n weeks before i got the prism for the pink alicorn lol

carrots123carrots
05-11-15, 09:30 AM
Hi,

I'm new to posting on the forum but I'm getting desperate so I'm hoping someone can help please? I'm almost at level 36 but haven't gotten a shard from the tablet of tabernum in what seems to be about 20 levels. I've moved it, rotated it, tried to put it back in the original position and I collect from it every 16 hours but I just can't move onto the third phase of that goal... Is anyone else in this same predicament? I emailed support months ago but they said to just be patient...

Thanks in advance!

ShibuyaCloth
05-11-15, 09:34 AM
It takes time, the only trick is.... collect from it every 16 hours. It will once fall out of the loot.

Korlcek
05-11-15, 01:46 PM
I just got the 3rd shard (agriculture) yesterday. I'm level 33. Now my crops are dropping energy again.

bethaneyl
07-03-15, 11:23 AM
I'm on level 32-34 (terrible memory ...lol) anyhow...I had the first two shards drop within the first few weeks of completing ....and that was way back when I first started playing....So here I am still waiting....I could use that 4th one, as I'm now on GlimmerGate / Faerie Respite.
I get that Random drops are well "Random" but even randomness usually has some sort of pattern allowing for statistics /estimations....I'm almost convinced that these "random drops" aren't really that random ....
Has anyone else waited this long ....did you eventually get and how long after did I get the last one?

Sandybellee
09-21-15, 03:32 AM
Wow! Just discovered that the Tabernum is supposed to drop shards. On level 25 now, collect from it every day and still haven't got the first shard. :(

matrixkitten
09-21-15, 10:16 AM
It takes a while. I collected from mine for a while before getting my first shard. They will drop eventually!

Sandybellee
09-22-15, 01:10 AM
It takes a while. I collected from mine for a while before getting my first shard. They will drop eventually!

Thanks! And wouldn't you know it, I got the first shard with the very next collection. :)