PDA

View Full Version : Saved 360 gold today!

Cyclohexane
12-06-12, 08:44 PM
I was checking on my habitats today and the game was running extra slow. I accidentally click on one of the "Expand" signs. Before I knew it I agreed to pay 360 gold to speed up the expansion.

Luckily for me I did not have 360 gold. Otherwise I would have wasted it on something I didn't want because there is no confirmation button and TeamLava has a no refund policy.

I dodged a bullet because I knew this and spend my daily cash to speed up breeding whenever I can. If one of the gold traps hasn't caught you yet, it will.

Moral of the story: Don't save your gold and if you do, never play when you get lag.

iaweforfun
12-06-12, 09:01 PM
Yeah same thing happened to me . I almost pressed 700 gold for speeding up an expansion TWICE, and i didnt have 700 gold whew.

Also i almost bought the turkey dragon , lucky i didnt have the 550 gold

BabyDinosaurRawr
12-06-12, 11:35 PM
Both my mother and i accidentally spent gold on a gem trap for more apples while we were saving for our second nest :(
Now i spend mine but for some reason she still saves. . .

FlamingInferno
12-07-12, 02:20 AM
I ussually accidentally press get more coins and spend 20 gold because i have no more coins sometimes. Lost so many gold on accidents but now i still have 259

amentofashion
12-07-12, 02:33 AM
Whenever I accidentally spend gold I put my device into flight mode straight after I realise what I did. It doesn't always work because you have to do it real quick. A few weeks ago I thought I lost 50 gold by stupidly clicking on the life dragon in the market, I guess the game needed more time to process the transaction because after I exited and went back in i still had 50 god

srsr2525
12-07-12, 03:02 AM
I wasted 300+ gold because of the slowness. :mad:

cozycafe69
12-07-12, 06:47 AM
Doesn't anyone know you can go into your settings and set a pin up for any purchases?? That goes for apple and Android. It prevents any accidental purchases. You have to enter your pin to accept a payment for anything.

Horntail21
12-07-12, 07:00 AM
Doesn't anyone know you can go into your settings and set a pin up for any purchases?? That goes for apple and Android. It prevents any accidental purchases. You have to enter your pin to accept a payment for anything.
I'm sure some step by step instructions would be much appreciated for many people here if you can. If not I'm sure google will help.

Horntail21
12-07-12, 07:09 AM
Ok I can tell you on iPhone it is settings>general>restrictions>require password. Turn on restrictions set up a password and go down to require password under in app purchases. Set to immediately. Maybe this will end the gem traps.

Zulac99
12-07-12, 07:17 AM

That will prevent you from buying gold accidentally, but it won't keep you from spending it.

Horntail21
12-07-12, 08:14 AM
That will prevent you from buying gold accidentally, but it won't keep you from spending it.

lol duh I didn't even think of that

cozycafe69
12-07-12, 08:49 AM

True... But as mad as it would make me to lose gold in the game, it would piss me off even more to have real cash sucked out of my bank account!!!

Besides, still a good idea to protect your banking information from accidental purchases through any app...

Android users... Play store.. settings.. Set or change pin...

makafushigi
12-07-12, 10:34 AM
True... But as mad as it would make me to lose gold in the game, it would piss me off even more to have real cash sucked out of my bank account!!!

My son did that to me once. Thank goodness the gold was on sale at that time... who on earth would pay $99 for gold... at one time anyway haha

piebandit
12-07-12, 11:42 AM
I bought a 3rd nest, simply because I didn't want to accidentally spend the gold on something useless.

jakycam
12-07-12, 11:46 AM

Exactly.. That won't help for gem traps

GDude118
12-07-12, 02:15 PM
Gem traps can be avoided prity easily. When I'm expanding, I never go to that island were I'm expanding and take everything on that island off or far away from the expansion so I don't tap it axcidently. When the game is lagging don't tap I make sure not to tap anything until it stops. I always have a egg in my nests so if I accidentally buy one from the market it won't let me because my nests are full, even if I get super rare or a dragon I don't have he has to wait for my next breed to finish before he can come. Or if I'm impatient, I just buy a fire egg, 30 second so he can sit there. Lol. Then just sell when next breed I'd finished

Because of these tactics I have saved over 1250 gold saving to buy a diamond.

Wish me luck. If anyone would like to add me and send gold, my ID is GDude118

GDude118
12-07-12, 02:17 PM
Oops. Sorry about the typos.(stupid spell checker)  Hope my tactics still make sence.

GDude118
12-08-12, 01:29 AM
True, they could just put a confirmation button. But, since people have been asking for that forever, or atleast since I started playing story games, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. That's why I play the safest way I can think of.

Sorry your game lags alot. Atleast you didn't waist 360 Gold.

Humm. I like the bank idea. That would be an interesting twist to a confirmation button, if you could just simple protect your money and gold. Plus if it was a building people would get another thing to put in there island. Not a decoration but it would be something.

P.S. Thanks. The egg idea Can save from making a mistake that would be even worse than finishing an expansion.(like buying a 800 gold Titan accidentally) ouch.

goodnurse001
12-13-12, 07:29 AM
This finally happened to me last night. Purchased food with gold. I have tons of food so it was totally a waste. GRRRRRR. That is what I get for wondering how this could possible happen to people. Now I know.