PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to NOT spend real money?

bebe256
12-06-12, 03:20 PM
I'm still a beginner, and I'm already frustrated with the game. It's clear that you can't buy/breed any magic dragons because they all cost gold. And the cheapest one is already 200 gold! I only have 70 gold, and I'm not even really sure how I earned those... Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

So, I'm curious... Are there other players out there who are playing this game without spending real money??

ubobdgc
12-06-12, 03:23 PM
To breed a magic dragon breed fire dragon with water dragon

ubobdgc
12-06-12, 03:24 PM
You could either get 11 hours- athletic or
20- hours magic

Tossa747
12-06-12, 03:25 PM
Of course you don't have to spend real money or even gold. The only things you can't get without gold is a decoration and a second (third/fourth) nest.

kwhales
12-06-12, 03:25 PM
Yes there are. Most dragons can be breed. And the ones that cannot be are bought with coins not gold. So buying gold is 't necessary. Make alot of friends and ask for gold and give gold (3). Find gold buddies.

Horntail21
12-06-12, 04:12 PM
To breed a magic dragon breed fire dragon with water dragon

Yep. Once you get that magic bred its a whole new world

Horntail21
12-06-12, 04:13 PM
Oh and I have never spent a dime on this game so yes it's possible.

IrisheaglesOne
12-06-12, 05:55 PM
Hi There! It is totally possible to get the dragons without spending real money. I have done it the whole time. Your best friend is the dragon list on here that shows what makes what. It helps alot! It is slower with no additional gold but it is totally doable! Just be patient because it does take time. Good Luck with your dragons!

bebe256
12-06-12, 06:18 PM
OHHH!! THANK YOU ALL!! I'm so glad I asked this question :D

srsr2525
12-06-12, 06:19 PM
I never spent a peny on any TL games, the growth will be slower but......have fun. :)

sunnybabi1986
12-06-12, 08:00 PM
I've never spent a penny either and don't ever intend to, lol. I'm level 80, have 55/66 dragons and 2 nests. It's all about making sure you have ppl you exchange(gift) gold with each day and SAVING, SAVING, SAVING it, until you have enough to get what you want(2nd nest, etc). I'd never pay for a dragon, though, I'm just ornery like that. I'd rather get the satisfaction from breeding it myself. You just have to have a LOT of patience and accept a lot of fails until you get the dragons you want...it IS possible, I promise!! :)

empress2013
12-06-12, 08:31 PM
Why spend real money on virtual dragons? Not worth it

Cyclohexane
12-06-12, 08:48 PM
I have no problem spending money to help out a developer continue to develop the games I like. Just wish I had some input into the process.

azychan
12-06-12, 11:41 PM
I wish I have credits card to buy golds. Just for support developers, they have to pay for servers and developers. If we don't do anything, the game will *beep*

Susyalba
12-07-12, 01:29 PM
I DO spend real $ , That being said, its not that you have to, usually its a "patience thing" . One way to earn some good sized "chunks" is to look on your goals several times I've been asked to download other T.L. games, like bakery, and pet story, many times I've gotten gold (30 ) just for downloading and playing a couple times. I usually go back and delete the games after I collect( it freezes my phone)...hope this helps.

ricebunnies
12-08-12, 02:10 AM
Yep it's totally possible! I never spent a dime on the game and I have 2 nests just add neighbors get to know 3 of them well and trade gold everyday so every time a new day comes you will receive 3 gold and also team lava offers free gold when you download and play their games usually 30 gold for downloading and when you get to a certain level you get 15 gold that's how I got my nest then once I reached all the gold I could possibly get I just deleted the ones that I didn't really cared about like resturant story or farm story etc. I hope this helps!!!

Nefertekas
12-08-12, 03:11 AM
Oh and I have never spent a dime on this game so yes it's possible.

Same here ;)

Nefertekas
12-08-12, 03:16 AM
I have no problem spending money to help out a developer continue to develop the games I like. Just wish I had some input into the process.

I would probably buy gold at least once to help them out and show my support, but I don't want to be wasting real-life money on a game that does not offer me a failsafe... Don't want my euros accidentally wasted on an expansion or on a dragon I already have.

bitealot
12-08-12, 10:16 AM
I am saving for a second nest but still 135 gold short so at my avg of 3 gold a day i only have 45 days to go lol unless alot of you choice to help out mayhems island /wink wink

Nefertekas
12-08-12, 11:34 AM
I am saving for a second nest but still 135 gold short so at my avg of 3 gold a day i only have 45 days to go lol unless alot of you choice to help out mayhems island /wink wink
I got lucky a while back, and had a lot of games to install on exchange for gold ;)