PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell when someone has left the game?

wg2013
12-04-12, 07:02 PM
I am trying to tell if players rated at zero have left the game. Can someone answer the following questions.

1. Does an egg when left too long look different/spoiled?

2. Will food crops look rotten?

3. Would dragons left breeding too long disappear from breeding nest?

I have never seen any of this and don't want to waste gold on someone who has quit the game.

Mlb3116
12-04-12, 07:09 PM
No nothing will ever visibly change. You can pay attention to what eggs someone has in their nest, I would say if they havent changed in a few days they probably arent playing anymore. Unfortunately this is one of the few games where there is nothing spoiled to make it obvious!

MomsHouseofSweets
12-04-12, 07:31 PM
Keep and eye out for what may be written on their wall by other players, too. There are times when a player may be out of town or something else has kept them away and once in a while, they let everyone know they'll be gone. I always watch the wall for a few days.

dragonolic
12-04-12, 08:37 PM
I saw a really great starting guide over in the castle story forum, and has tips on quitting etiquette. Basically said to notify your neighbors, put all your stuff in storage, use decor to spell out "quit" or "closed" or do some other thing like that to help out. I thought they were good ideas- I wish I had done that before quitting monster story and the others

Horntail21
12-04-12, 09:08 PM
Wish I had seen this earlier today cause I didn't even think of doing these things. Just I case anyone is reading that is a neighbor of my other account, island name: Golden, I won't be playing on that account anymore.

enoch4
12-04-12, 09:32 PM
If they don't let you know on their wall it isn't easy to tell at one glance, you have to watch the island over time for clues. If their habitats are literally never clear, people write nothing but "full" on their walls, the eggs or breeding pair never changes (or there aren't any) and they don't respond to map requests, it shows that they aren't playing. I delete neighbors like that (thought I give them a couple of weeks in case they are just on vacation). I like the "quitting etiquette" tips above. I know people don't always think about it, but it is nice when people at least leave a note on their wall.

MazShaddix
12-04-12, 11:37 PM
My social rating eggs are empty as I rarely check other islands unless its part of a goal or when I go look at stormie's island or if someone visits me, I check my wall maybe once or twice a week too, but I do check ds about 3 / 4 times a day

Taprode
12-05-12, 01:22 AM
I don?t have that many neighbours (34) so last time I had to clear out I made a list something like this in excel:

Name level egg breeding pair gold visit map request map response

During a week I checked them of if they visited my, send my gold or responded on a map request (and when I remembered when my computer were open, which ones that had send me a map request). A week after I made the list, I had some neighbours that hadn?t responded or asked for maps, visited or send gold and those I checked whether they had levelled up or if their egg and breeding pair had changed.
I kind of made that evaluation that if nothing had happened in a week and they hadn?t written anything on their wall about vacation then it was okay to delete them. I will keep the list until next time and if some of them in a month or more don?t level up (except those of my neighbours at level 94 of course:-)) then I think I will just delete them.

dragonolic
12-05-12, 08:28 AM
I stopped deleting neighbors at all, because if they quit, they might always come back. And I usually don't have time to visit 150+ neighbors, so it's fine if no one comes to click on my habitats; at my level, I don't need the coin help any longer. I have about 4-5 people I exchange gold with, and I always reply to map requests.