PDA

View Full Version : broken hearts

breezecreations
12-04-12, 07:35 AM
I'm getting broken hearts for the ladies coming out of the dressing rooms. I have plenty of clothes, I don't understand? Can anyone please advise? I am running thanksgiving version on my kindle fire.

jojopeanut
12-04-12, 01:27 PM
You may need to move the dresing rooms closer to the racks.

breezecreations
12-04-12, 08:02 PM
Thanks!

cherryberry9
12-04-12, 08:14 PM
I have this too, I'm pretty sure its just that some customers don't like the clothing you have displayed. It probably doesn't matter how much clothing you have out.

MizCricket
12-05-12, 03:46 PM
I have this too, I'm pretty sure its just that some customers don't like the clothing you have displayed. It probably doesn't matter how much clothing you have out.

It's something about the store layout that they don't like. Try moving the register over a space or the dressing rooms. It can be a lot of things but it's not the type of clothing. The type of clothing makes no difference.

b3ar67
12-05-12, 08:10 PM
I used to have that problem. I had a counter next to the register and once I moved things around so the register was clear on the sides, it was fine until it became more busy. Now I have added enough dressing rooms and mirrors with clear registers that it has been all hearts for about a month.

jojopeanut
12-08-12, 06:38 PM
Hope to add useful tip here. I noticed when redecorationg while ago should rembered this..lol anyway the customers don't like it if you have something on the side of the door that opens back side is fine. But they like to have 2 rows of foot path clear where they enter. Feel free to test this yourselves, but if you find you've tried everything else for all happy customers try this. I play on Android so don't know if IoS is the same.

breezecreations
12-09-12, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone! It happened to be that my clothes were too far from the dressing rooms and accessories too far from mirrors!

retro71
12-15-12, 09:09 PM
OMG I had this problem for 4 days at level 94 after a remodel, I was BAFFLED!!!!!!!!! Half of the mirror/fitting room gals came out broken hearted, this FIXED IT.

Get this: If you have a door at the extreme far side of either wall (nearest the expansions) this is bad. I had 2 doors near a corner of shop. I recently moved both to make a "double door" entry at the very extreme end and BAD.

I for some odd reason "leap-frogged" the far door to make the double door one layer in towards the center, and DANG if the broken hearts went away. Imagine my relief!!

I hope this makes sense & might help someone. :-)

retro71
12-15-12, 09:21 PM
OMG I had this problem for 4 days at level 94 after a remodel, I was BAFFLED!!!!!!!!! Half of the mirror/fitting room gals came out broken hearted, this FIXED IT.

Get this: If you have a door at the extreme far side of either wall (nearest the expansions) this is bad. I had 2 doors near a corner of shop. I recently moved both to make a "double door" entry at the very extreme end and BAD.

I for some odd reason "leap-frogged" the far door to make the double door one layer in towards the center, and DANG if the broken hearts went away. Imagine my relief!!

I hope this makes sense & might help someone. :-)

To sum up just make sure if you are moving your doors around keep them at least one space away from the edges. I know it's odd, but it was a problem.

jojopeanut
12-15-12, 10:56 PM
Isn't that something after 4 days banging your head like what's the problem??!!lol I would be. We all continue to learn as we go. I've never had my doors there so now I know not to..This is a great reference thread, all trial & error no matter what size shop or lvl. Im lvl 97 and fully expanded too. If I remodel and come up again with a broken heart and solution I'll post for reference. Happy Shopping :)

yarnhamball
12-16-12, 08:05 AM
something i also noticed in the game is that when i have my layout like : [mirror facing here ->][space][cash register][cashier] , at least one of the shoppers who use these mirrors end up being unhappy. yeah so take note of this too

nky1111
01-24-13, 12:23 PM
well theres undoubtfully SOMETHING going on in these poor girls' little minds!
I always put there what they want and I haven't broken a single heart in months!!
Now I just move one dress by one square and.. the whole shop breaks! in every area! they stop recognizing cashiers that are just 3 steps away! just turn away and leave!
It doesn't change anything and they can reach anything! LOL!!!

screenshot (http://i49.tinypic.com/57mu1.jpg)

http://i49.tinypic.com/57mu1.jpg

nky1111
01-24-13, 02:49 PM
It appears that that square is cursed! If I put anything on it - even a vase - it breaks! OMG

jl0408
01-24-13, 03:52 PM
For a good while I kept getting the little pop-up message, 'customers can't find the dressing rooms' or something like that. I saw a lot of broken hearts. Clothes were still selling so I didn't understand what the problem was.

I had a 5x7 dressing area set up in the NW corner with 7 dressing rooms in an L-shape, 4 along the top wall and 3 down the right side with a row of counters in the shop backing up to them. I had 5 floor mirrors and some seating and misc. decor in the dressing area. I had dividers in the front of the dressing area with an open space obviously to give shoppers access. Nothing was blocking the dressing rooms or mirrors in that section at all. But I kept getting that message and broken hearts. Apparently didn't like the placement of the dividers or things up against the dividers. Once I centered the opening and didn't place anything on BOTH sides of the dividers I've been back to 100% happy hearts and haven't seen the dressing room pop-up message since.

jbshreve3340
01-24-13, 04:28 PM
I know you have to have enough registers, mirrors, and dressing rooms. nothing can block windows or wall mirrors and of course clothes. I had a really good nbr help me keep figuring out problems and every time I move stuff around I post a message asking to post message if nbr see any broken hearts. I use one mirror and one dressing room for each catalog so have enough and I have to have 7 cash registers at this point to have no broken hearts.