PDA

View Full Version : Crashing when cooking

Lythiaren
12-06-10, 10:40 PM
The app has crashed on me every single time I try to make cookies today. It seems to be related to the recipe itself; I can bake chocolate cakes, brownies, coffee and chamomile tea just fine. If I try to make cookies, however, it fills the first green bar and then completely crashes the app. It closes out and when I get back in, my most recent actions (eg. starting/finishing another recipe or two) have been undone.

This is getting really frustrating. :|

Unregistered
12-07-10, 01:50 AM
Same thing just happened to me! As a result I lost gingerbread men, cake and all my gifts when I got back in?! What the heck is going on?!

lesleypsg1
12-07-10, 03:29 AM
Hi team

I ran across this hiccup this morning too.

Had just put out cheesecake and eggnog to serve
Then was making coffee and cookies.

First batch of cookies, froze after first level of bake. Closed out game. Made coffee again, as nothing had saved. At first batch of coffee, game went ' out of sync'. At refresh had to make coffee and cookies again.. But all egg nog and cheesecake gone and no increase to coins.

Will bake longer dishes next and will let you know if hiccup happens again. Stay tuned.

Device. iPad.

Unregistered
12-07-10, 05:51 AM
same problem here http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?4142-Food-after-8h-didnt-appear-on-the-tables :(

Lythiaren
12-07-10, 02:27 PM
same problem here http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?4142-Food-after-8h-didnt-appear-on-the-tables :(
That's not the same problem we're having. Your problem is your food isn't appearing, our apps are crashing when we try to make cookies. Not even remotely similar issue here.

cutejoo
12-07-10, 07:18 PM
Yes! I have a same bug when baking the cookies!

lesleypsg1
12-07-10, 07:42 PM
Hi team

I ran across this hiccup this morning too.

Had just put out cheesecake and eggnog to serve
Then was making coffee and cookies.

First batch of cookies, froze after first level of bake. Closed out game. Made coffee again, as nothing had saved. At first batch of coffee, game went ' out of sync'. At refresh had to make coffee and cookies again.. But all egg nog and cheesecake gone and no increase to coins.

Will bake longer dishes next and will let you know if hiccup happens again. Stay tuned.

Device. iPad.

Ok, baking all day without reoccurrence, tho I've not reattempted cookies. Going to wait till 5am est, let my current fair sell then retry cookie and cookie combos only tomorrow. Will report back my findings on this thread.

In the meanwhile, I'd recommend people avoid cookies unless any also want to test this. If u do, go into expecting the crashes so you don't get frustrated. We can then compare notes and give team results to help them locate code error and quicken a fix. .

First occurred for me with cookie coffee combo.

Will start there to try and reproduce error.

Anyone want to try cookies by themselves? Or cookies with another combo? Maybe put here so we are not duplicating efforts. Goodnight all

Lythiaren
12-07-10, 08:00 PM
I've tried cookies by themselves, that's why my first post said that I believe it's related to that particular recipe. :P

Perhaps the data for cookies is corrupted?

Unregistered
12-07-10, 08:06 PM
I've tried cookies by themselves, that's why my first post said that I believe it's related to that particular recipe. :P

Perhaps the data for cookies is corrupted?

Ya, that's what I'm thinking too.

Ok, so I'll retry cookies alone in the morning to recreate issue. If it's cookies alone regardless of combo then you're right, that's it.

Though I'm at level four cookie, and it just happened once I reached that.

What level cookie are you, and what device?

I'm iPad.

Unregistered
12-08-10, 01:29 AM
In order to save the battery , I have to turn the ipod on and off, and today when I turn it on again to check on my food to see if it's ready or not, I am surprised to see food that I see on the counters and ovens are not the same with what I saw from the last time I left!!!, my hardly-gained gems were reduced to way way back to couple of days ago!! my coins reduced too, ouch!!, I don't know what happened!

Lythiaren
12-08-10, 01:50 AM
I'm at level 1 cookies at the moment, myself. Using an iPhone 3, running iOS3.something, I believe. Because I haven't had the time to update yet. :P

lesleypsg1
12-08-10, 06:25 AM
Cookies are so far cooking without a glitch....that's cookies alone

About to team up with coffee next

lesleypsg1
12-08-10, 06:54 AM
Several combos...with coffee, mocha, brownies, and solo

Still can't re create yesterday's cookie issue....which is good news.

Will try again later. With peach cobbler served, as that's what I had on counter yesterday when it happened to me. Hopefully it was just a system burp that resolved.

If anyone else has results re cookies and freeze issue please post, but seems resolved thus far.

My device iPad

Lythiaren
12-08-10, 06:57 PM
Mine's still crashing. :x

Unregistered
12-11-10, 04:21 AM
It crashed for me when I tried to bake cookies today. I had cookies with blueberry muffins. I'm on ipod touch 3

Unregistered
12-11-10, 04:29 AM
It crashed for me when I tried to bake cookies today. I had cookies with blueberry muffins. I'm on ipod touch 3

****, the cookie monster is back. Sigh. Ok we will need to keep bumping thread til Monday when Norman will be back.

Unregistered
12-11-10, 05:58 PM
And you could see all my money just going down like a clock.

INSANE!

mom of three
12-11-10, 06:49 PM
I like this app but the game has been crashing a lot on my side too! Is there anyway for TeamLava to fix this?????? Please fix this right away...I want to play my bakery story again!