PDA

View Full Version : Need help with level 42

badger8
12-02-12, 05:14 PM
Hi guys-
This is the timed one at the end of the 7th island. You only have to go down 5 levels but I just can't beat it. I've been stuck here for days. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Snowlotus04
12-02-12, 05:30 PM
Try to not focus on the time, and break as many as possible, focus on the ones near the bricks!

badger8
12-02-12, 05:57 PM
I'll give it a try. Thanks!

harey0915
12-02-12, 06:44 PM
I tried about 20 times and gave up. I just gave up.

finnth12
12-03-12, 10:28 PM
Me too, stuck on this level for days. It's just not enough time ��

aesma676
12-04-12, 06:45 PM
i seriously hate this stage 2 days stuck there really sucks

finnth12
12-04-12, 08:35 PM
Finally I can move to the next level 43. I need to go to the 10th island :(

aesma676
12-05-12, 06:39 AM
im still stuck on this level omg im so irritated

26peanut
12-05-12, 08:55 AM
I really dislike this game especially the timed levels quitting after 10th island 2 get the gems

bigpoppab
12-05-12, 04:29 PM
Hate. Level. 42. Going on day 3. I've at mostONE time gotten 5 levels down but I canNOT get further to the 6th. :-/

kjjbs
12-05-12, 07:49 PM
Same I have been stuck on level 42 for about a week and just cannot get thru it have gotten close a few times but that is about it... And waiting for energy to recharge is painful

kopitownhk
12-06-12, 09:07 PM
can't get past level 42 for 2 days already! So hard!

nananess
12-10-12, 01:51 PM
Well if it makes you guys feel any better, I've been stuck on it for 2 weeks. I play it through all 5 energies twice a day since it takes forEVER to get energy in this game. I always run out of time. I've had it where I managed to line up jewels to get diamonds three times and switched for the bombs and managed to wipe out a TON of jewels... And still didn't make it close to the "goal". I have to say, only starting with 11 gold and there being no chance to earn gold sucks. They want me to buy 15 more seconds for 33 gold??? This game seems a little like a rip off in my opinion.
Bringing it back to level 42...To put it in perspective, my mom started playing jewel mania when I got stuck on level 42 and has now reached level 42 and is stuck with me. So frustrating. :(

greatday2bealive
12-10-12, 04:16 PM
I'm stuck here too...not enough time for 6 levels...closest I got to was 4

lattelaugh
12-10-12, 05:22 PM
I was stuck there for a couple of weeks myself. I finally passed it. You just have to keep focusing on the lower jewels until you get lucky enough with getting bombs and diamonds enough to clear things out. You will never get it just matching up three jewels. It's just luck when it happens.

moogdaisy
12-12-12, 01:42 PM
Yep stuck too, it's like a sudden fallen tree on the road after a nice fast drive. No way of simply getting by! Agree with lattelaugh I think it's total luck on the sequence and if it gives enough in the right order to pass.

Its not down to s**** or planning...

jill18jill
12-13-12, 01:39 AM
Been stuck on level 42 forever. Only playing it to get the gems in Castle Story. I enjoyed the untimed levels but otherwise Hate This Game!

artlomin
12-13-12, 04:47 PM
Stuck at 42 for 3 days. I've twice had just two squares to get rid of on the six row when time runs out. There's just not enough time and too much depends on luck rather than s****. I like the game, but this level just isn't much fun

greatday2bealive
12-13-12, 10:02 PM
Wait until level 49...road block again : )

materq
12-13-12, 11:19 PM
This level sucks. Eight days

Snapenath
12-14-12, 02:05 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one... I was almost enjoying this game, but for sure no longer... What fun is there to be stuck in the same level for days / weeks???

also during one of the games this morning, I noticed something I had not before.. If you get a diamond and place it on a normal jewel, all the others of the same colour are removed, but.... if you move the diamond on one of those that look like arrows and destroy a whole line, then all the jewels of that same color will be changed into arrows too, and that can help :)

moogdaisy
12-14-12, 03:12 AM
My current score on this is 232,000 what's yours?

No credit for points though, best I had was two blocks left. It wouldn't be so bad if the walls were shorter.

For some reason TL don't listen to user feedback and recalibrate the level. If it wasn't for this more people would love them as the games can be great.

moogdaisy
12-14-12, 08:03 AM
Now 259,000

No benefit at all as there were still blocks left :-P

aliadri22
12-15-12, 04:15 PM
same as everyone..suck! I got close with 5 out of 6 digs..talk about disappointment!!!
if the energy would fill up faster then I might like this game more but I really don't think TL reads our feedback :(

smallclimber
12-16-12, 12:14 PM
Also stuck, I don't get anywhere near, 3 meters at best, even though I have not struggled on the other levels. I need to get to the ninth island to get some gems for city story metro. Only reason I'm playing. Then I can buy the cute things!

diverDestiny
12-16-12, 01:09 PM
Been stuck on level 42 for days now. This is not fun

bigpoppab
12-16-12, 01:21 PM
OMG. The only way I was able to pass 52 was with this tip. THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Snapenath for the win!!!!

Takiofallen
12-17-12, 09:57 AM
I have passed 42 a few times. Some tries will be a wash because you won't get a good setup, but thats 40% of the time. you must avoid top matches when possible and don't waste the special arrows. What i mean is this, The screen won't move if you have a single block left so if you use an arrow to clear a column vertically it dose not dig down for you. Make sure you have visible ground to dig. Also mixing the diamond with the arrow can help and hurt you. I have had times when i have changed all the gems of one color to arrows but they all set of individually and you must wait and the time is ticking. Arrow /bomb or diamond /bomb are the best to mix on these boards. diamond/diamond does not dig well.

moogdaisy
12-17-12, 04:42 PM
Wow that's awesome work takiofallen!!

And this is without buying any time, boosts etc?!

I bet lots of us would love to see that, have you got any YouTube links?

Takiofallen
12-17-12, 04:53 PM
Not awesome of you count how many times i have failed. No boost because they all cost gold by that time. Never thought about making a youtube video maybe i should lol. The only reason i even play the game was to get gold for D.S. I have 3 accounts so i pushed. I going to give the youtube thing a try.
Wow that's awesome work takiofallen!!

And this is without buying any time, boosts etc?!

I bet lots of us would love to see that, have you got any YouTube links?

Takiofallen
12-17-12, 04:53 PM
if, not of

materq
12-18-12, 11:20 PM
I hate this level. About two weeks for me and about a week for my wife. I've never been stuck on a level for more than about a day and Im about to throw in the towel. Ive had about ten times that Ive had two or three blocks left, but nothing in sight to match it. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

nikky2012
12-19-12, 11:12 AM
I hate this level. About two weeks for me and about a week for my wife. I've never been stuck on a level for more than about a day and Im about to throw in the towel. Ive had about ten times that Ive had two or three blocks left, but nothing in sight to match it. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Me too.

nikky2012
12-19-12, 02:19 PM
Finally beat this level. So happy to be through it.

materq
12-19-12, 08:36 PM
I beat it about an hour after I posted that I couldn't do it

nikky2012
12-19-12, 08:53 PM
I beat it about an hour after I posted that I couldn't do it

Congrats! It feels good to have that over.

flowless
12-20-12, 05:09 AM
Oh finally I did it

But now iam stuck again I need extra star
Which I seem that I cant rean yet

pinkchux
12-20-12, 05:46 AM
How did u beat lvl 42? Totally frustrated }:(

cavleader
12-20-12, 08:23 AM
I just deleted the game from my phone. Level 42 drove me off. I hate the timed levels.

toothpickmom
12-23-12, 08:44 PM
I didn't think it was possible until my 12 year old daughter made it to level 43 today. Now I'm more determined than before. Getting jewels eventually and moving on. Too time consuming and frustrating.

moogdaisy
12-24-12, 02:20 AM
Well done toothpickmom!

Once in a blue moon the random jewel position will allow you to move on :)

dala12
12-28-12, 02:49 PM
I am so glad to see I am not the only one! This is why I quit bubble game! But this game, I think it's worth hanging on! So I keep trying!

trixter_1234
12-31-12, 06:32 PM
Omg, I just beat it after 5 long days! It was pure luck and I had a great set up to start. I was 5 rows deep and had 30 seconds left. I had to pause the game and take a DEEP breath. I am almost in tears, don't give up, it seems silly, but it was a very gratifying feeling.

trishleagh
01-07-13, 08:47 AM
So irritated at this. It's just not happening for me :(

ShawnBFC
01-14-13, 04:03 PM
I'm stuck at this level too. The clear squares really screw things up even more than the walls for me. The closest I've come so far is 3 walls left on the last row! Maybe 15 more seconds and I'd have it.

tracmac
01-29-13, 04:14 PM
Thanks for that info? I need all the help I can get.

tracmac
01-29-13, 04:19 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one... I was almost enjoying this game, but for sure no longer... What fun is there to be stuck in the same level for days / weeks???

also during one of the games this morning, I noticed something I had not before.. If you get a diamond and place it on a normal jewel, all the others of the same colour are removed, but.... if you move the diamond on one of those that look like arrows and destroy a whole line, then all the jewels of that same color will be changed into arrows too, and that can help :)

Can't wait to try it!

rayen23
02-26-13, 02:47 PM
What bat lvl43?

mansurik
03-26-13, 07:22 PM
42 level!! 4 days trying, and no results!! OMG!!! Hate it, hate it, hate it!!!!!

Mundi2112
04-11-13, 01:05 AM
I'm going on my 2nd month of freaking level 42! At this point I would be willing to buy my way through it... Unfortunately there is no option to do that except to purchase gold(which I tried) and still couldn't get through it! I'm about to delete this game- too frustrating!

chrisxinian
04-18-13, 05:14 AM
I've been stuck on this level for a few days too. Yesterday miss it by ONE BLOODY SECOND! Got it all lined on next to the last brick and time was up! ONE FREAKING SECOND! I'll keep at it for a day or two and if still can't get through I'm going to delete ALL TL games. They are all just so freaking ANNOYING!

Samquesenberry
06-30-13, 01:09 PM
No one has anwered this. I have been stuck on this for days. Are there any tips?

Phaedrakiki
06-30-13, 02:52 PM
There are some tips in this thread, spread throughout. But mostly, it comes down to using special jewels and combinations of them. There's more info about these in the Jewel Mania-Basics (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41251-Jewel-Mania-Basics) thread (read if you haven't!) Blasters swapped with bombs are especially good for digging--that's the only combo I didn't see in this thread. Diamond + blaster (arrow jewel) digs well, but as mentioned can eat up time--used if you're ahead on time or maybe at end of round would prob be okay. Focus your attention at dirt/brick level...make moves/matches there at the bottom, not at top of screen. But keep an eye out for special jewel-making opportunities, of course! When you do set off combos (blaster + bomb, diamond + blaster, etc.) try to do it after screen has scrolled so you clear more dirt.

Another thing you can do is to start the level with at least one good horizontal move flat against the dirt. It gives you a little "head start". If you don't have that, restart the level (press "pause," then the arrow button.) It doesn't take an energy if you don't touch anything. I like to do that so I start digging right away...

Good luck!

jewelfang
12-25-13, 04:38 PM
I have been trying the tips in this thread, and am still stuck on this level. The fact that so much of this comes down to luck really annoys me. I will keep trying this level for the gems in another game, but this has ****ed any desire I had to keep playing this game. No fun to be stuck on one level for days or weeks!

silverblue77
02-06-14, 08:08 AM
Stuck on 42 as well. Was enjoying this game, now I HATE IT! Way to go TL. You just had to make it too difficult to be worth even playing. I would have kept on playing this game after getting my gems. Now I am deleting it. No way will I spend any money on this.