PDA

View Full Version : Sheep & Fruit Trees - pay to play required?

andriven
11-30-12, 09:12 PM
As someone who doesn't spend money (or very rarely) on games like this, I realize I may not be an ideal player from Team Lava's perspective.

BUT...until the addition of sheep the fruit trees (apple, orange, etc.), all the goals were achievable with enough patience and/or planning.

Am I missing something? Or do I just need to cough up $10-$20 for gems if I want to continue? (Rather disappointing if so.)

chocolaBB
11-30-12, 09:20 PM
I got 2 lemon trees from doing the bandit adventure at the king's keep.
And i do not pay real money to buy gems either :)
Good luck!

maguar
11-30-12, 09:24 PM
Wool and bacon are available from the stables. Prime cuts and truffles are available as rewards from adventures. Apples are available from the magic garden as is the golden apple. All gem animals and trees are available as rare rewards from adventures. Sir Pigglesworth finds a number of different items including truffles and fruit.

In addition gems are sometimes dropped as rewards from adventures. If you have the purple cow there is a chance it will drop gems as well. There are also quests that give gem rewards.

You don't have to spend money. It just might take you longer to complete these quests.

Dreamer691
11-30-12, 09:52 PM
Good luck!

Seriously? You can get trees from the King/Queen keep?! I hadn't realised that lol I'm now really excited about this haha
Is there any particular mission you need to do to have a chance at getting one?

chocolaBB
11-30-12, 10:03 PM
Yup! I did the bandit adv (the middle one). Good luck!

tonycafe
12-01-12, 06:12 AM
Take more time to complete 1 quest or expand or building mean boring.

yupiyupigumgum
12-01-12, 06:21 AM
So here,we can play with money or luck. If you don't have both? Well......:cool:

andriven
12-02-12, 06:08 PM
Good luck!

Thanks -- very good to know. I'm feeling really short of jewels then....need another 18 for the Windmill, then 60 for the Windbag caravan, then 5 per time I do the bandit's adventure for swords. Tips on getting more jewels would be much appreciated (right now I have 2 mines and periodically buy rock piles).

I keep the "Search the Ancient Vault" going all the time as the resources for a Simple Feast aren't bad....will see what that turns up from that.

andriven
12-02-12, 06:09 PM
Wool and bacon are available from the stables. Prime cuts and truffles are available as rewards from adventures. Apples are available from the magic garden as is the golden apple. All gem animals and trees are available as rare rewards from adventures. Sir Pigglesworth finds a number of different items including truffles and fruit.

In addition gems are sometimes dropped as rewards from adventures. If you have the purple cow there is a chance it will drop gems as well. There are also quests that give gem rewards.

You don't have to spend money. It just might take you longer to complete these quests.

Thanks maguar - I have one stable and may buy another one....very slow to get wool from them it seems.

Realistically though, anyone know what my chance of getting a golden apple is without an apple tree? (just as the adventures are only once per day...seems like a rare drop could take weeks? months?)

Thanks all.

yupiyupigumgum
12-02-12, 06:24 PM
Having extra stable, potion shop and kitchen will help you a lot . Especially the kitchen , to prepare for the adventure. So, while your knights went for hunting bandits, you can prepare for the next adventure quickly.and when they come back, you're ready for the next adventure. No time wasted.

harey0915
12-02-12, 07:13 PM
The thing is I really dont have jewels.

lattelaugh
12-02-12, 07:37 PM
I haven't purchased any gems yet, and I have two pigs, a sheep, an apple tree, an orange tree, and a lemon tree. I got the lemon tree and one pig from the Kings' Keep adventures... Can't remember if it was the first or second adventure, but definitely not the third (caves) because I haven't completed that one yet.
I get gems from playing the game, but I also am willing to install and play other games in order to earn gems. That is how I started playing this game, but others I delete after completing all the gem challenges.
Despite having an apple tree, I have not received a golden apple from it. I got a golden apple from the magic garden. Funny Mr. Pigglesworth has given me lots of truffles and bacon, but also oranges and a stone block. You just never know.