PDA

View Full Version : Gold Pricing - Confused

DoctorBalboa
11-30-12, 03:03 PM
I downloaded DS this past Sunday. At the time, there was a holiday special on gold prices. After the holiday prices went away, the lowest price I could get gold was 120 bars for $4.99.... until randomly last night I checked out of curiosity and they had 20 bars for only 99?!

This morning the lowest available purchase was back at $4.99 for 120 gold. My question is this: do gold prices change on a random basis like this? I understood the limited holiday special near Thanksgiving, but I'm confused at the random changes over night like this.

DoctorBalboa
11-30-12, 03:05 PM
Typo. I meant to say "20 bars for 99 cents!?".

Takiofallen
11-30-12, 05:18 PM
Most tl games have this option but $4.99 is the normal price for 120

DoctorBalboa
11-30-12, 06:02 PM
That doesn't answer my question though. Why the random 99 cents option for a span of a few hours? I understand! 100% about the standard pricing, and even the holiday specials, but not that.

Takiofallen
11-30-12, 06:11 PM
To be more specific all other TL games gives a 99 cent option. DS has never had it before. Most likely it was an error on there part to put it up, but it is fair to assume this will become a permeant option in the future. To answer you question No prices don't change randomly like that. This sale you saw over the holidays was the first time DS has ever had a gold sale since release.
That doesn't answer my question though. Why the random 99 cents option for a span of a few hours? I understand! 100% about the standard pricing, and even the holiday specials, but not that.

kooky panda
11-30-12, 08:18 PM
Sometimes you may see your packages change for short periods of time, but it should not be for one day only.
I agree that you may of had a small glitch.
If you start seeing your gem packages change everyday, please post back. (send me a PM if I miss the thread).

nikky2012
11-30-12, 08:41 PM
When I first started playing ds there was an option to buy 20 gold for 99 cents. I ended up buying it three times that way and then it was never an option again. Now my lowest option is the 120 gold for 4.99.

kooky panda
11-30-12, 08:49 PM
The 99 cents package options sometimes will be offered in games as a type of promotional offer.

Tossa747
11-30-12, 09:22 PM
Well, look at the bright side. For me gold is actually more expensive than for you in the US. But I think that's Apples fault, not TLs.