PDA

View Full Version : TL's VP of Marketing "Customers are Family"

Unregistered
12-06-10, 03:18 PM
TL's VP of Marketing "Customers are Family"
Please put down your coffee or food before you read this...I don't want anyone to choke. This is from an interview of TL's VP of Marketing:

Q: What separates your company from your competitors with mobile phone applications?

The key focus at TeamLava is creating really high-quality games that are the best in their category. They need to be appealing and accessible to players, as well as offer unparalleled depth to encourage fans to keep playing, with multiple layers of discovery and achievement. We always listen to feedback from fans and treat them as family, to ensure that we are providing the best support and new free game content at all times.

Q: Tell us about your most recent releases. How have they performed?

TeamLava has a total of four games available currently: Farm Story, City Story, Restaurant Story and Empire Story. Each of them is free to download and play, and each has charted high and been extremely popular. Restaurant Story was a real hit for example, with full Retina Display and iOS 4 support along with fun gameplay and great graphics.

Q: Do you outsource any projects or development, if so, how much?

All of our games are proprietary and internally developed. That means we are constantly innovating and adding to our existing games, as well as upgrading our technology for new games. We also answer any customer questions and often implement cool ideas that they suggest to us!

Unregistered
12-06-10, 03:19 PM
Here's the link:

http://appmodo.com/36766/interview-with-johnny-coghlan-of-teamlava/

Unregistered
12-06-10, 03:48 PM
he looks like Norman

Unregistered
12-06-10, 03:51 PM
The is hillarious!!! If my "family" treated me the way teamlava treats us, then I would have disowned them a long time ago...

"New free game content"... When did that happen? It has been months for FS and CS, and the majority of the new items can only be bought with gems/city cash, etc, so they arent FREE, they cost us real life money.

"Always answer any customer questions"... I have emailed teamlava a total of 6 times with different issues over the past few months, and only ever received ONE response.

"To encourage fans to keep playing"... I am so bored with FS and CS and their lack of new content, and I dont call that very encouraging. Teamlava have completely forgotten FS, we didn't even get the 20% discount that the 3 other stories got recently.

Reading teamlava's responses to the questions make me so angry! It is all just another lie, the same as our WEEKLY UPDATES! Dont get me wrong, I do love the stories, I am fairly well addicted to them, but like so many other gamers I am getting more and more bored and disappointed in teamlavas effort at keeping us happy.

Unregistered
12-06-10, 04:39 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry! This just adds insult to injury. I suggest that all of us ******* buying any more City Cash, gems, or other in house currency. Let's give TL the "family treatment" they are giving us!!!

Unregistered
12-06-10, 04:53 PM
Seeing as though we are all family.... Would you and the rest of the Team like to come over for Christmas dinner? We could exchange gifts... I can give you a stew, or a dog bowl if you like. Oh, and I bake a mean roast chicken which only takes me 2 days to cook, but its worth the wait, and dessert will be strawberry cheesecake and peach cobbler.
Dont forget to RSVP

Amalah
12-06-10, 05:38 PM
He looks shifty and untrustworthy. That sinister grin...

It's like a wanted picture you would see posted on Crimewatch. O.o

Unregistered
12-06-10, 06:55 PM
He looks shifty and untrustworthy. That sinister grin...

It's like a wanted picture you would see posted on Crimewatch. O.o

That was uncalled for no matter how frustrated with the game you may be. Bet others could pick stuff out, flaws etc., about you. But that would be tasteless, tactless, and rude. Just like you.

Unregistered
12-06-10, 07:01 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry! This just adds insult to injury. I suggest that all of us ******* buying any more City Cash, gems, or other in house currency. Let's give TL the "family treatment" they are giving us!!!

Sorry, no can do. I'm not frustrated like you seem to be. I'm enjoying playing, even with lack of updates, tho I would like them. Don't mind paying for a few things in the upcoming holiday case either. ******* would only work if all, or most players joined. But I doubt most players come to or know about the forums. There's probably only about fifty of us here.....small minority of players. And even in this, not all disgruntled like some. Though we dare not speak too often lest the rabid hounds pounce...lol

Unregistered
12-06-10, 07:29 PM
That was uncalled for no matter how frustrated with the game you may be. Bet others could pick stuff out, flaws etc., about you. But that would be tasteless, tactless, and rude. Just like you.

Lighten the hell up. He was just posting his opinion which is WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR. You're a moron, not to mention a hypocrite "But that would be tasteless, tactless, and rude. Just like you.". Seriously, get that stick out of your ass.

Unregistered
12-06-10, 08:45 PM
I don't know what kind of family you come from Norman, but my family does not outright lie in my face or to other people and brag about how great we are when none of the promises made are being kept.

Unregistered
12-06-10, 08:59 PM
I don't know what kind of family you come from Norman, but my family does not outright lie in my face or to other people and brag about how great we are when none of the promises made are being kept.

My family does. ALTHOUGH, I don't pay my family for entertainment. We can't pick and choose our family, but we can certainly pick and choose where we spend our money. If TeamLava keeps this up they will definitely be seeing the negative end of that.

Unregistered
12-06-10, 09:43 PM
This thread actually reminds me of how much we are like a real family. Please remember that families are not perfect. They fight, they argue, but hopefully in the end they make up and are there for each other. So hopefully in the end, we won't disappoint all of you if you stick around with us. :cool:

holy **** you ARE a bot.

Unregistered
12-07-10, 06:59 PM
Lololololol... OMG ! I really got choke when reading the thread starter.... was having my breakfast This TL is really a joker, but I think they can only fool those who never try their game before

Unregistered
12-08-10, 08:00 AM
Well....I would say TL should just keep their promise of weekly updates, and everything would be fine....or remove this promise from their app descriptions if they are not able to keep it.
ngmoco, the developer of "We farm" "We rule" and so on, releases weekly updates, they just do it without any exception. Sometimes they release two updates in one week, and every time there is some stuff you don't need real money for. :-)
So, if a company really wants to make an update for a game, they can! ;-) It's not that difficult. Most customers would be content with two or three new items every week.... a plant, a new wallpaper pattern, a lamp - what's so complicated about programming those two or three items to make people satisfied and motivate them to keep on playing? I guess a programmer doesn't need much time to do this - simple and effective. Customers would stop whining and complaining, the games would have more long term fun, so what is the problem? I just don't get it. *shrugs*

Unregistered
12-08-10, 08:38 AM
This thread actually reminds me of how much we are like a real family. Please remember that families are not perfect. They fight, they argue, but hopefully in the end they make up and are there for each other. So hopefully in the end, we won't disappoint all of you if you stick around with us. :cool:

Actually, compared to my family, you guys are pretty cool.

No worries normie, I at least am liking all the games. Sad you missed my birthday tho bro. I was really looking forward to farm decorations :(

Unregistered
12-08-10, 06:16 PM
Well....I would say TL should just keep their promise of weekly updates, and everything would be fine....or remove this promise from their app descriptions if they are not able to keep it.
ngmoco, the developer of "We farm" "We rule" and so on, releases weekly updates, they just do it without any exception. Sometimes they release two updates in one week, and every time there is some stuff you don't need real money for. :-)
So, if a company really wants to make an update for a game, they can! ;-) It's not that difficult. Most customers would be content with two or three new items every week.... a plant, a new wallpaper pattern, a lamp - what's so complicated about programming those two or three items to make people satisfied and motivate them to keep on playing? I guess a programmer doesn't need much time to do this - simple and effective. Customers would stop whining and complaining, the games would have more long term fun, so what is the problem? I just don't get it. *shrugs*

Exactly! They bring it on themselves...only they are ones laughing all the way to the bank.

Amalah
12-09-10, 10:16 PM

That's what families do. I poke a little fun at my brothers sticky out ears, my dad might make a joke about my height etc. etc.

Lighten up, by your own standards you seem pretty rude yourself.

Unregistered
12-15-10, 11:58 PM
We understand that we have been a disappointment to some of you. Hopefully we can turn that around. Change does not come overnight, but we will try our best to not be disappointing in the future.

Apparently it doesn't over the span of a few months either.