PDA

View Full Version : This is just plain Ridicules!

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 11:07 AM
Ok in 19 breedings of the Wiz/fairy combo i have bred

6-islands
5-fruitfuls
2-corals
2-mist
1-poison
1-genie
1-serpent
1-mist moth

Now the fact that i have bred 17 commons 1 rare and 1 super rare is not my issue. My issue is how the break down of the breeding have turned out.

There are 23 possible out comes when breeding this pair.
6 - Commons
8 - Rares
7 - Super Rares
2 - Ultra rares

Now in my last 8 breeding of the 19 i bred 3 fruitfully in a row then the mist moth . Then 3 islands in a row and then another fruitful. Now i had thought i did 20 breedings and changed my dragon pair to work on a new Theory. So i completely change my dragon pair. Now this pair Has the same number (23) of possibilities. So on my first breeding guess what i get?????

A ISLAND. So 4 of my Last 5 breeding result in a island?? Do you know numerically what the chances of that happening is?

Without adding the dragon rarity in to the mix i have a 26% chance of breeding a common. So That works out to 1 in every 4 breedings. Now in my last 20 breedings i bred 18 commons so that gives me a 90% chance of breeding a common dragon. So 7 of the 18 were islands, that is 39% chance of breeding that dragon when from the start it's a 17% chance i breeding that common at all.

My point is i should have bred a better mix of common dragons. Even if another poison showed up i would have been ok.

Ok i'm done

SamKanj
11-29-12, 11:47 AM
Well, I've been lately breeding Wizard/Fairy, results:

Fruitful
Fruitful
Coral
Island

Woah, I'm so lucky!

Horntail21
11-29-12, 11:51 AM
Wizard/Fairy has been not so good to me either.

Poison
Fruitful
Genie
Fruitful
Poison
Aurora
Mist
Poison

I threw another combo in there for a break and a try at some other dragons I'm missing. Probably gonna alternate breeding Wizard/Fairy with other pairings.

Jorans
11-29-12, 12:06 PM
It appears some people are prone to get specific dragon types more often than others. Doesn't matter if it's common, rare, super rare or ultra rare. Island, Fruit and Life seem to plague me. I tend to get a lot of Planet and Eagle dragons too, while I hear others complain they can't get one at all. I'm working with an Atlantis and a Honeybee dragon right now, and am getting a decent rare every 3-4 breedings. I think it's about finding the right combination that works for YOU. Forget what's worked for others. We all know there are tons of ways to breed a Diamond, but I believe each person has better chances with different pairs. Pick a pair of dragons and stick with them for five breedings. If you don't get something decent, dump them and switch to another pair until you find YOUR good combination.

Horntail21
11-29-12, 12:10 PM
It appears some people are prone to get specific dragon types more often than others. Doesn't matter if it's common, rare, super rare or ultra rare. Island, Fruit and Life seem to plague me. I tend to get a lot of Planet and Eagle dragons too, while I hear others complain they can't get one at all. I'm working with an Atlantis and a Honeybee dragon right now, and am getting a decent rare every 3-4 breedings. I think it's about finding the right combination that works for YOU. Forget what's worked for others. We all know there are tons of ways to breed a Diamond, but I believe each person has better chances with different pairs. Pick a pair of dragons and stick with them for five breedings. If you don't get something decent, dump them and switch to another pair until you find YOUR good combination.

I believe we are all going for Infinity, hence the Wizard/Fairy pairing. It's really the only combo worth breeding purposefully for Infinity.

Jorans
11-29-12, 12:28 PM
I believe we are all going for Infinity, hence the Wizard/Fairy pairing. It's really the only combo worth breeding purposefully for Infinity.

This is where I disagree. If you look at the diamond threads that are all over this site, you'll see dozens of different combinations that work for Infinity. Some people get one right away, others have tried for months without getting one. So whereas this pair may SEEM like the only combo worth breeding purposefully, I don't believe it is. I believe the best pair to use is specific and unique to each person. Finding the pair that works best for YOU is the secret.

I play a lot of online poker. I've been at some tables where nothing seems to be hitting for me. I'll switch to another table or two until I find one that seems to work. When it works, I tend to hit a lot of hands even with seemingly awful cards. The cards dealt are produced by a random numbers generator. Technically no seat should be any better than any other. After playing literally millions of hands over the past several years though, I can tell you that the reality is some seats seem to work better than others.

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 12:30 PM
Jorans I appreciate your 2 cents but diamond is not what i am looking for. People are prone to breeding Elements not dragons but thats along story. 98% of the infinities that have been bred have a magic element involved (using basic elements no diamonds) you would had pressed to find someone 5 people who have bred one without magic being involved . Rarity plays a big part. At the end of the day it was a numerical rant all about numbers nothing about breeding mechanics of the game.

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 12:37 PM
You can't compare poker to this???? Poker is a game of luck and s****. Key word s****. If you get bluffed you get bluffed there is no luck in that. Also cards are given out by random. Thats why the poker system is set up the way it is. 4 of a kind is a stronger hand then 2 pair because it's hard to get 4 of a kind. With the millions of hands you have played how many 4 of a kinds do ever get? There is no true random ness in the game as you have pointed out in what you state. Poker not a good analogy
This is where I disagree. If you look at the diamond threads that are all over this site, you'll see dozens of different combinations that work for Infinity. Some people get one right away, others have tried for months without getting one. So whereas this pair may SEEM like the only combo worth breeding purposefully, I don't believe it is. I believe the best pair to use is specific and unique to each person. Finding the pair that works best for YOU is the secret.

I play a lot of online poker. I've been at some tables where nothing seems to be hitting for me. I'll switch to another table or two until I find one that seems to work. When it works, I tend to hit a lot of hands even with seemingly awful cards. The cards dealt are produced by a random numbers generator. Technically no seat should be any better than any other. After playing literally millions of hands over the past several years though, I can tell you that the reality is some seats seem to work better than others.

Horntail21
11-29-12, 12:43 PM

If you would be so kind as to point out all of these successful Infinity combos I would much appreciate it

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 12:55 PM
This is where I disagree. If you look at the diamond threads that are all over this site, you'll see dozens of different combinations that work for Infinity.

Dozens??? well there are 12 in a dozen, you made it plural by adding an so we will make it 2 dozens. 24 different infinity combos??? Just find me a Confirmed six that don't use a diamond or the magic element and your the champ.

itzjulezzz
11-29-12, 02:12 PM
Ohhhhh this stupid infinity. I'm missing a ton of dragons because this has been my only focus.
Coral
Island
Aurora
Coral
Mist
Wizard
Mist

itzjulezzz
11-29-12, 02:13 PM
Oh whoops. First was a fruitful.

masterswordman
11-29-12, 05:30 PM
I have been breeding wizard/fairy for the longest time.
I m targeting an infinity but to no luck. I have a diamond & does this lower the chances of breeding an infinity?
It is pretty annoying.

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 05:48 PM
i wonder about this. I'm not saying a diamond is an easy breed but i normal get what i want. To have so many of the same fails back to back is pure madness.
I have been breeding wizard/fairy for the longest time.
I m targeting an infinity but to no luck. I have a diamond & does this lower the chances of breeding an infinity?
It is pretty annoying.

s_lynne
11-29-12, 06:02 PM
Here's my results

Wizard & Fairy
1. Fairy 8h
2. Infinity 40 hours
3. Fruitful 10h
4. Fruitful 10h
5. Genie 8h
6. Mist 14h
7. Genie 8 h
8. SeaBreeze 9h
9. SeaBreeze 9h
10. SeaBreeze 9h

Now, I've only tried it 10 times but I did get an Infinity, which is now my second one).

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 06:15 PM
thats 1 ultra,3 super and 1 rare. only 5 commons good job
Here's my results

Wizard & Fairy
1. Fairy 8h
2. Infinity 40 hours
3. Fruitful 10h
4. Fruitful 10h
5. Genie 8h
6. Mist 14h
7. Genie 8 h
8. SeaBreeze 9h
9. SeaBreeze 9h
10. SeaBreeze 9h

Now, I've only tried it 10 times but I did get an Infinity, which is now my second one).

skystylestore
11-29-12, 09:57 PM
Fairy 10+Wizard 10
1. Fairy, 2. Genie, 3. Poison, 4. Mermaid, 5. Life,6. Mist,7. Life,8. Coral,9. Planet,10. Poison
11. Familiar,12. Poison,13 Seabreeze,14 Aurora, 15 poison16. Genie, 17 serpent, 18 planet,
19 coral, 20 serpent, 21 minwolt, 22 planet, 23 genie, 24 mist, 25. Genie, 26 aurora, 27 fairy,
28 mindwolt, 29 serpent, 30 planet and 31 diamond.........it's my 4 th diamond.........no infinity.........grrrrr, then other combo was
Gold+Atletic
1.Mirage,2. Magic, 3. Firestorm, 4. Mist, 5. Magic, 6. Firestorm, 7Firestorm, 8.Firestorm, 9.Mirage
10. Mist, 11Mirage, 12Firestorm, 13. Magic, 14. Firestorm, 15. Firestorm, 16. Firestorm, 17.Firestorm
18.Atletic, 19.Atletic, 20.Mirage, 21.firestorm, 22. firestorm, 23.firestorm, 24.firestorm, 25.mist,
26.magic, 27. mist, 28.mist, 29.magic, 30.magic, 31.Mist, 32.Magic, 33.Magic, 34.Mist, 35. Mirage
36. Forestfire, 37. Mirage, 38. mirage, 39. mirage......and then I give up..............

grondai
11-29-12, 10:02 PM
Lol um... You do know diamond+diamond has the best chance of getting infinity right?

Fairy 10+Wizard 10
1. Fairy, 2. Genie, 3. Poison, 4. Mermaid, 5. Life,6. Mist,7. Life,8. Coral,9. Planet,10. Poison
11. Familiar,12. Poison,13 Seabreeze,14 Aurora, 15 poison16. Genie, 17 serpent, 18 planet,
19 coral, 20 serpent, 21 minwolt, 22 planet, 23 genie, 24 mist, 25. Genie, 26 aurora, 27 fairy,
28 mindwolt, 29 serpent, 30 planet and 31 diamond.........it's my 4 th diamond.........no infinity.........grrrrr, then other combo was
Gold+Atletic
1.Mirage,2. Magic, 3. Firestorm, 4. Mist, 5. Magic, 6. Firestorm, 7Firestorm, 8.Firestorm, 9.Mirage
10. Mist, 11Mirage, 12Firestorm, 13. Magic, 14. Firestorm, 15. Firestorm, 16. Firestorm, 17.Firestorm
18.Atletic, 19.Atletic, 20.Mirage, 21.firestorm, 22. firestorm, 23.firestorm, 24.firestorm, 25.mist,
26.magic, 27. mist, 28.mist, 29.magic, 30.magic, 31.Mist, 32.Magic, 33.Magic, 34.Mist, 35. Mirage
36. Forestfire, 37. Mirage, 38. mirage, 39. mirage......and then I give up..............

skystylestore
11-29-12, 11:05 PM
Lol um... You do know diamond+diamond has the best chance of getting infinity right?
35 times tried diamond+ diamond= single elements........no luck with that couple too.......

masterswordman
11-29-12, 11:30 PM
I have just speed up a breeding & tried my luck once again

With wizard/fairy. I m proud to announce that I got another 21hrs

Thanx TL for another failed breeding. I need to wait another day to try again for my infinity.

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 11:49 PM
you cant breed a planet with this combo. there is no fire element
Fairy 10+Wizard 10
Gold+Atletic

masterswordman
11-29-12, 11:51 PM
Hi TL

This is plain ridiculous. I was expanding & I encounter 2 bitter bark trees back to back
U think I have too much coins???

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 11:51 PM
No sir you are wrong.......... it has the best fail times because 20 is max but it's not your best chance.........

SamKanj
11-29-12, 11:53 PM
Fairy 10+Wizard 10
Gold+Atletic

Well, I'm pretty sure that you meant Island instead of Planet.

Nefertekas
11-30-12, 11:02 AM
* Ridiculous.

Eheheheheheehe.
(Indeed, that's why sticking to the same combo many times can make a person go nutters!!)

goodfrey
11-30-12, 11:21 AM
Breeding firestorm with island I got: island, island, island, life, island. So I decided to speed up the life egg, and put on the storm egg I got from album rewards.

Takiofallen
11-30-12, 11:45 AM
you know how it is when your ranting and all worked up, you just hit send and can't edit
* Ridiculous.

Eheheheheheehe.
(Indeed, that's why sticking to the same combo many times can make a person go nutters!!)

Nefertekas
11-30-12, 12:00 PM
you know how it is when your ranting and all worked up, you just hit send and can't edit

I know that all too well. ;)

willothewisps
11-30-12, 04:39 PM
I saw this, then I was like, "oh gosh." THEN I saw it was Takio so I was like,"Ooooooo another theory lol"
I have been on and off breeding Wiz/Fairy too. I've gotten:
1 Island, 2 Tricksters, 1 Poison (thank god), and 2 Mindvolts... I must say I'm doing pretty good but you (TF) aren't... D:

Takiofallen
11-30-12, 05:34 PM
I don't know how to take this.......is this good or bad....am i now know as the mad hatter .....lol
I saw this, then I was like, "oh gosh." THEN I saw it was Takio so I was like,"Ooooooo another theory lol"
I have been on and off breeding Wiz/Fairy too. I've gotten:
1 Island, 2 Tricksters, 1 Poison (thank god), and 2 Mindvolts... I must say I'm doing pretty good but you (TF) aren't... D:

willothewisps
11-30-12, 11:36 PM
I don't know how to take this.......is this good or bad....am i now know as the mad hatter .....lol

No I like your theories :) Makes you think, like this show Ancient Aliens I watch, pretty awesome I say

Takiofallen
11-30-12, 11:53 PM
you to............hehehehe love it
No I like your theories :) Makes you think, like this show Ancient Aliens I watch, pretty awesome I say

kwhales
12-01-12, 06:20 AM
Well, I breed wizard and fairy three times....I got island, genie and now clown...all three i have numerous multiples of. Ah well, maybe I will get lucky soon.

Jorans
12-01-12, 10:37 AM
Dozens??? well there are 12 in a dozen, you made it plural by adding an so we will make it 2 dozens. 24 different infinity combos??? Just find me a Confirmed six that don't use a diamond or the magic element and your the champ.

Wow Takiofallen, did you take this personally? TL has stated that any four color combination has the chance of producing a Diamond or an Infinity dragon. What works for a diamond will work for an Infinity as well, which is why I said to look at the Diamond threads.

My point is this. Wizard + Fairy has produced the most Infinity dragons, but this is only because they were the first confirmed pair. If you look back at the original Infinity threads you?ll see that other combinations were working. Mistmoth + Fairy, Gold + Athletic, Crusader + Trickster just to name a few. People saw the first confirmed pair though, so that?s what the majority tried.

If you look back at any of the threads for the rarer dragons, you?ll find that in the beginning most people go after the first confirmed pair. As time goes on, you begin to see that there are tons of potential breeding pairs that produce the same rare. Why just follow what other people have done if you continuously get poor results? This is especially true when the very creators of the game have stated that any four color combination will work.

Takiofallen
12-01-12, 11:05 AM
Why when people are challenged they assume the person who questions there statement feels a type of way? You said dozens i simple asked you to name six. Did you not read what i wrote, you did quote it? I asked you to name a confirmed combination that does not use a diamond or magic element. All you did in your post was prove my point Thanks.

To simplify it for you, you state that any combination of 4 can produce an infinity yet you have not provided any proof. You also state there are dozens of combinations yet can't provide a simple 6. Now i state that i don't believe that people can produce a infinity without using a diamond or magic element. You were gracious enough to not back your own statement but back my statement.
Mistmoth/fairy.......There is a magic element
Gold/Athletic........ That would be a diamond element
Crusader/trickster.....There goes that diamond element again and then you say "just to name a few??? You never named one?

People saw a confirmed pair that work that did not include a diamond element and thats why it is used. So at the end of the day i never took this personally, I simply asked you to back up your statements instead in ended up backing up my statement again thank you good sir :)

Wow Takiofallen, did you take this personally? TL has stated that any four color combination has the chance of producing a Diamond or an Infinity dragon. What works for a diamond will work for an Infinity as well, which is why I said to look at the Diamond threads.

My point is this. Wizard + Fairy has produced the most Infinity dragons, but this is only because they were the first confirmed pair. If you look back at the original Infinity threads you?ll see that other combinations were working. Mistmoth + Fairy, Gold + Athletic, Crusader + Trickster just to name a few. People saw the first confirmed pair though, so that?s what the majority tried.

If you look back at any of the threads for the rarer dragons, you?ll find that in the beginning most people go after the first confirmed pair. As time goes on, you begin to see that there are tons of potential breeding pairs that produce the same rare. Why just follow what other people have done if you continuously get poor results? This is especially true when the very creators of the game have stated that any four color combination will work.

Jorans
12-01-12, 04:16 PM
So in other words, yes...you did take it personal. I'm not on here to argue so good luck to you.

Takiofallen
12-01-12, 04:35 PM
too.......

Takiofallen
12-01-12, 04:35 PM
Argue??? This was not an argument. I stated facts and you restated them for me. In order to be an argument there has to be to sides. Thanks for the luck :)
So in other words, yes...you did take it personal. I'm not on here to argue so good luck to you.

Takiofallen
12-01-12, 04:36 PM
two.... lol

willothewisps
12-01-12, 07:55 PM
I think he made a valid arguement :)

kwhales
12-01-12, 08:06 PM
Its weird. I read through this thread and I am amazed. I bred wizard fairy combo three times and got island, genie and clown---what amazes me is clown. Nobody but me got him. I tried other combos and at least one of my fails with any match up (of blue and yellow) is a clown. Why is this? Am I clown heavy? Some people can't get any, and here i am getting lots (and they are so ugly as grown ups).

Tomorrow I start the wizard fairy combo again. (I took a break to try for boo--no luck, well one, and a winter). The wizard fairy combo has 21 dragons available...(not including infinity). I need 7, so here's hoping.

skystylestore
12-02-12, 12:07 AM
you cant breed a planet with this combo. there is no fire element
sorry, it was Iland...

yabbadooo
12-02-12, 10:14 AM
Tried wizard/ fairy combo for 13 times, then moved to join the turkey vs winter experiment. Here's my result: Epic fairy vs epic wizard : ( I have 3 wizard and 3 fairies so I alternated between them)
1. island, 6. Fruitful. 11. Fairy
2.diamond, 7. Aurora. 12. Poison
3. Poison. 8. Coral. 13. Fruitful
4.island. 9. Aurora
5. Mindvolt. 10. Poison

cedkugedchgd
12-02-12, 01:10 PM
Tried wizard/ fairy combo for 13 times, then moved to join the turkey vs winter experiment. Here's my result: Epic fairy vs epic wizard : ( I have 3 wizard and 3 fairies so I alternated between them)
1. island, 6. Fruitful. 11. Fairy
2.diamond, 7. Aurora. 12. Poison
3. Poison. 8. Coral. 13. Fruitful
4.island. 9. Aurora
5. Mindvolt. 10. Poison

you got a diamond?! congraats! :D

i also bred that combo 2 times, here are my results: 1. Poison 2. Infinity

ririyana
01-30-13, 12:28 AM
air + fire = 90% firestorm idiots. and one eagle by chance. not even one honeybee? my daughter's at lower levels and she has 2 honeybees.
is it because i'm at level 40 so slimmer chance of getting those earlier breeds? =(
unfair. firestorm i hate you.