PDA

View Full Version : Old goals.. Popping Up

Bakemoo
11-23-12, 02:39 PM
Very often, at least once a day it seems, I get spammed with pop ups of all my completed goals ( such as Jean Pierre's challenges). It pops up the initial goal and when I close it, the next part pops up.
I'm playing on Kindle Fire if that helps. Anyone else getting this?

Update:

Elsa;1491412']We've thoroughly examined the issue and identified the root cause of the issue is from Android devices that have software or hardware compatibility issues that cause the game to behave in an unpredictable way. We have not been able to reproduce the issue on a player's account using the exact same specifications, so the cause is directly impacted by something on the specific device configuration being used and the actions being made.

We're not able to provide support for issues that may occur due to third-party interference such as device issues or third-party software. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you purchased Gems with real-world money and you need help with them, please submit a request through support with the purchase category.

Bakemoo
11-23-12, 02:57 PM
Version is Thanksgiving, 1.5.5.7.

Bakemoo
11-28-12, 07:43 PM
Anyone have a solution to this? I dislike having to close 20 pop ups every time I play.

nmishii
11-28-12, 07:48 PM
I just got it on Farm a few minutes ago. I've had it happen 2-3 times since the weekend on my other games. Annoying and time consuming.

You don't get the gems it says you were rewarded, since you got them already. But some of the popups come up saying the goal has expired and you can get the reward if you spend gems. If you spend the gems, you probably won't get the reward (my guess) since you got it already, but I'm sure your gems will be taken and there is most likely no way to get them back.

It would be nice if this was fixed.

nmishii
11-28-12, 07:51 PM
I just got it on Farm a few minutes ago. I've had it happen 2-3 times since the weekend on my other games. Annoying and time consuming.

You don't get the gems it says you were rewarded, since you got them already. But some of the popups come up saying the goal has expired and you can get the reward if you spend gems. If you spend the gems, you probably won't get the reward (my guess) since you got it already, but I'm sure your gems will be taken and there is most likely no way to get them back.

It would be nice if this was fixed.

I'm on an Android, v4.1.1. Running latest version of each game as of Black Friday.

bluemoonday
11-28-12, 08:17 PM
Teamlava there is an issue with old goals pop ups everytime you start game. Its not 5 more like 10. Willyou please fix this?

kooky panda
11-28-12, 08:32 PM
Try restarting your device to see if this stops.
If not, that are the names of the old goals popping up?

nmishii
11-28-12, 09:30 PM
Try restarting your device to see if this stops.
If not, that are the names of the old goals popping up?

It also happens to me on an Android smartphone, but I've only seen it 3-4 times. Once I saw old goals come up, but mostly its the recent ones to download and play other games for gem rewards. But you don't get the gems because its smart enough to know they already awarded you them. And some of the goals expired and you can buy the reward for gems, which I haven't done since it'll probably realize I got the gems and not give them to me, but happily take my gems.

Bakemoo
11-28-12, 09:50 PM
I've seen the same problem on Restaurant story but it's less of a bother since I only get about 5 popups as opposed to the 15-20 on bakery story. It pops up the entire Loretta/Jean Pierre quest line, goals for Pet Story Thanksgiving, Fashion Story Thanksgiving, Slots, and I don't remember what else. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my game numerous times and restarted my device; still not helping.

marrrina
11-29-12, 06:27 AM
I was having this problem back on the World Games Version and it was reported back then and eventually stopped.

Nikki_Finn
11-29-12, 11:19 AM
i've been having this same issue.
sold pop ups telling me about reaching so and so level in so and so game to get gems.

it usually happens at night when i'm sending gifts to people (at the new start of the day).
although last night it didn't happen with RS & FS, it did happen with bakery story so i just turned off my phone for the night.

i have all the latest editions of the 3 games.
i was hoping the maintenance would have stopped them but it didn't with BS.

i've been meaning to come here & ask about this problem since i've been having it since..... i think september?

my phone is an android.
i don't know if that matters.

Nikki_Finn
11-29-12, 11:39 AM
i seem to have this problem a few times a week for maybe 2 months now.
very annoying.
just had all the old goals pop up last night with BS.

luckily it didn't happen with FS or RS last night but i won't get my hopes up that it stopped with them since it's been happening with them, too.

i have the latest version of each game.
my phone is an android.

kooky panda
11-29-12, 12:29 PM
Hey guys, look like this is for more than one game, I report this over.
I am also moving this to the general feedback and bugs forum.
Please list the device you play on.
The game
The names of the old goals you are seeing.

FrozenTurtle
11-30-12, 12:02 PM
Anyone who is seeing previously completed Goals re-appearing, can you please let us know the exact in-game names of these Goals? If you can provide us with a screen shot, that would be even better. Thanks for your help!

bluemoonday
11-30-12, 05:15 PM
Thank you. Restarting the kindle corrected the problem.

Bakemoo
12-01-12, 12:45 PM
Unable to take a screenshot as the popup blocks all other functions. Just now got a popup for already completed goals in this order: Room to Grow (start and finish popups for all), Sweet Thanks, Return of Jean Pierre, Giving Thanks for Pets, Sweet Destiny, A Spirit of Thanks, Ze Grande Insult, SweetCo Thanksgiving, Candied Yams, The Test Bun, Modified Meals, Cup of Joe, No Pets Allowed, Thankfully Desserted, A Sweet New App, Fall for Fashion, and Wheels of Color. Ugh.

There, now you know I wasn't kidding, there's no way I could have remembered all those names! =P

Bakemoo
12-07-12, 09:10 PM
Still having a problem with this. =(

Nikki_Finn
12-10-12, 11:50 AM
problem reappeared on bakery story yesterday & today with the old goals popping up.
it's the same goals that bakemoo posted.
well, i only recognize the 1st two cause i shut it off after that.
can't stand it.

it was nice not having that problem while it lasted.
luckily it's only with bakery this time.

kooky panda
12-10-12, 11:54 AM
problem reappeared on bakery story yesterday & today with the old goals popping up.
it's the same goals that bakemoo posted.
well, i only recognize the 1st two cause i shut it off after that.
can't stand it.

it was nice not having that problem while it lasted.
luckily it's only with bakery this time.

What device do you play on?
What is the version number of the game you are playing?
Under menu-help-small number at the bottom.

FrozenTurtle
12-11-12, 05:59 PM
Unable to take a screenshot as the popup blocks all other functions. Just now got a popup for already completed goals in this order: Room to Grow (start and finish popups for all), Sweet Thanks, Return of Jean Pierre, Giving Thanks for Pets, Sweet Destiny, A Spirit of Thanks, Ze Grande Insult, SweetCo Thanksgiving, Candied Yams, The Test Bun, Modified Meals, Cup of Joe, No Pets Allowed, Thankfully Desserted, A Sweet New App, Fall for Fashion, and Wheels of Color. Ugh.

There, now you know I wasn't kidding, there's no way I could have remembered all those names! =P

Does the pop-up ask you to still complete the Goal or is it notifying you that the Goal was completed? Possibly even showing an empty reward for completing it (since you already have)?

Nikki_Finn
12-13-12, 12:58 PM
What device do you play on?
What is the version number of the game you are playing?
Under menu-help-small number at the bottom.

sorry i didn't reply sooner.

i'm on an android phone.
but i'm not getting pop-ups on bakery anymore.
(and i am using the latest versions of all games.)

but i just started to get pop-ups on Fashion Story starting yesterday.
i have the latest version of the game which is the xmas edition.
(which was just released & there seems to be lots of problems with it which i mention in another thread)

the pop-up is asking me to finish a certain level in the xmas version of Restaurant Story
which i already have.
RS was the 1st game i downloaded by Lava.
so i'm way past the level.

but also i never received a notification to download the xmas version of RS like i previously had.
i was thinking they were done with offering the 6 gems to download the new versions of the games.

like when the the halloween version came out, a popup told me to download RS/Fashion & i would receive 6 gems.
same with thanksgiving.

so that's what's extra weird with this pop-up in fashion.
cause there was never a notice to download the xmas version of RS in the 1st place.

so if i was meant to get one then i'm out 6 gems.
i even saw a thread asking about this somewhere.
but like i said, i was thinking they were done offering the 6 gems to download the holiday versions of the games....
because i already downloaded the xmas verisons of RS & Fashion without ever receiving the pop-up to do it like i previously have.

FrozenTurtle
12-14-12, 02:31 PM
the pop-up is asking me to finish a certain level in the xmas version of Restaurant Story
which i already have.
RS was the 1st game i downloaded by Lava.
so i'm way past the level.

Is it auto-completing this Goal for you or do you still have that as a pending Goal in your game?

so if i was meant to get one then i'm out 6 gems.
i even saw a thread asking about this somewhere.
but like i said, i was thinking they were done offering the 6 gems to download the holiday versions of the games....
because i already downloaded the xmas verisons of RS & Fashion without ever receiving the pop-up to do it like i previously have.

You should only receive these Goals for Gem rewards if you have never downloaded the game before. If you downloaded the game before, you wouldn't be eligible for the reward. Sorry! :(

Bakemoo
12-14-12, 09:11 PM
it pops up with a new goal to bake croissants or something .. the goals have check marks on them though. then next popup says hooray you won, you get coins or something (But I dont)

bev1947
12-14-12, 09:33 PM
When old popups keep coming up for goals I already did like they did for Bakery Story today, I reinstall the game and it takes care of the problem. I play on Kindle Fire.

Nikki_Finn
12-16-12, 10:33 AM
Is it auto-completing this Goal for you or do you still have that as a pending Goal in your game?

no, it's not a pending goal.
it was never in my list of goals to do.

You should only receive these Goals for Gem rewards if you have never downloaded the game before. If you downloaded the game before, you wouldn't be eligible for the reward.

maybe it was done differently in the past for android players.

FrozenTurtle
12-26-12, 06:22 PM
If it was never in your list of Goals to do, then it was a newly added Goal which you have already met the requirements of. When this happens you may automatically receive credit, depending on the Goal. If you still think there's a issue with any Goal in particular, it's best to email us at support@teamlava.com so we can get more information.

nmishii
12-26-12, 10:37 PM
If it was never in your list of Goals to do, then it was a newly added Goal which you have already met the requirements of. When this happens you may automatically receive credit, depending on the Goal. If you still think there's a issue with any Goal in particular, it's best to email us at support@teamlava.com so we can get more information.

I believe we are all talking about old goals that we completed and got the rewards for the first time. They are showing up again and again, and recognizing that they have been completed and saying we're getting the rewards again, but are not because we already got the rewards the first time.

People have listed the goals by name as you asked. It looks like we're all seeing the same thing. Have you takent that to the developers, and have they looked at the issue? Do you understand the issue? If not, how more can we help?
Or are you now saying that what was posted in this thread, including the responses to your requests for info, is not important, and those of us seeing the goals occur again and agani should now stop posting here and should contact support?

Keep in mind that it isn't easy for Androids with an older OS to take screenshots of popups.

FrozenTurtle
12-27-12, 03:21 PM
It seems like there are multiple issues going on here, which is leading to the confusion. We have forwarded this information, but we haven't been able to reproduce the issue. This is the key part to resolving any issues in the game. Having players write into support will allow us to get more player-specific information and allow us to provide further assistance than we are able to do on the Forums. If uninstalling/reinstalling the app does not help to resolve the issue, the best course of action would be to email support@teamlava.com. I'm sorry for all the trouble this has caused!

02-16-13, 05:22 AM
I recently completed the goals for the bread oven. Since I completed those goals, the goals option icon has been gone for a few days now. This morning (3 am EST) I get on the game and the goal icon was back. It started wigging out on me. It started by giving me a goal for the DS saying something about reach for the top. I click okay on that to get it to go away. Then it started bringing up goals I already completed with the bread oven.

I would click ok and then it would flash right back up with another goal for the bread oven. Click okay on that and it would do it again and and again and in between all of that it would bring up something for the DS. Very weird. I had to move quick in between it to get things off my ovens that were ready. I even back out of the game and came back in and it did it again. I was able to get to another persons bakery in the hopes that it would stop only to have it pop back up again while I was in another persons bakery.

This happened around 3 am EST. I get up at that time to gift my neighbors to be sure they all get a gift from me. :) I'm on the east coast so that would be midnight my time for the start of a new day. It is now 7:22 am EST and it's not doing it now but the goal icon is still there with the DS info saying reach for the top.

Could you fix this for me?

nmishii
02-16-13, 05:56 AM
This has been happening to others on Android for a while in various games. I got it yesterday again on Farm. There's another thread on this where TL responded. They're not going to fix it. Force close out of the game when you start getting the goals again.

02-16-13, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the information. I play on a Kindle Fire. Has this been happening on that device too? So far it's been okay this morning. The icon is still there but at least it's not popping up constantly...that is so far anyway. Why aren't they going to fix it? Do you know where the other thread is?

nmishii
02-16-13, 06:23 AM
Here's the thread where TL responded.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41046-Old-goals..-Popping-Up&highlight=pierre

02-16-13, 06:33 AM
Thank you for the link. :) From what I read it doesn't sound like they are saying they wont fix the problem just that if it continues after uninstalling and reinstalling the game to contact TeamLava. I'll try and uninstall and reinstall it later today and see what that does. Thank you again :)

nmishii
02-16-13, 06:39 AM
You won't see it immediately after reinstalling. You won't see it immediately after force closing. But eventually it'll happen again. And again. And again. Good luck.

cortnylyn
02-16-13, 06:45 AM
I'm on kindle had this start last night took it off my Kindle re downloaded it and its doing it again over n over..force close etc does no good. Its the same goals from when I first started the game and also wanting me to download dragon story which I did at the time and play hope this gets fixed soon

cortnylyn
02-16-13, 06:49 AM
On Kindle the old goals keep poping up over n over and complete. I can not make anything as it keeps pop'n up. I took it off my Kindle downloaded it again and even tried the force close. Hope TL looks into it soon

cortnylyn
02-16-13, 08:25 AM
ALSO when I visit my nbs the goals follow me there and have to wait run the cycle and then hurry and tip. This is so annoying! I can not even cook anything it takes for ever to wait for the cycle of the old goals then hurry and if not fast enough I have to wait again oi

libertyblair
02-16-13, 08:36 AM
I play on the Kindle fire and the same thing is happening to me. How sad if they want fix it. I can not play it with it doing this. It is like it is stuck in some time loop. I collect tips or food and it reloads or something, and it appears I have not collected tips. I then I have to serve the food again.:(

02-16-13, 09:06 AM
You won't see it immediately after reinstalling. You won't see it immediately after force closing. But eventually it'll happen again. And again. And again. Good luck.

Well that sucks. :( I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled it yet but from what others in this thread are saying, and what you have said, it will do no good. :( This has never happened to me before but then again I haven't had goals offered to me before either so...

Anyway, I told my daughter about it this morning to warn her and it did it to her as well.

KeithRLand
02-16-13, 09:08 AM
On Kindle the old goals keep poping up over n over and complete. I can not make anything as it keeps pop'n up. I took it off my Kindle downloaded it again and even tried the force close. Hope TL looks into it soon
Me too and I'm a Kindle.

K8ie521
02-16-13, 09:15 AM
Since yesterday, the same thing's been happening to me on my Kindle, all previously completed goals. Also the goal icon has a flashing "New Goal", but when I click on it, it says "0 Goals". I'm playing v.1.5.5.7. This has happened before, but it only ran through the goals once. Now it won't stop.

stmichal
02-16-13, 10:08 AM
I've been having this same problem since last night. I can't seem to make it go away. I am even having pop-ups from the dragon game too. I'm also experiencing the game resetting itself back about 5 seconds every so often. It's making me have to redo my recipes or recollect tips. It's quite annoying and making it almost impossible to play. I too am playing on a Kindle Fire.

kitana801
02-16-13, 10:16 AM
been having this problem since yesterday as well.

i play on a kindle

mela681
02-16-13, 11:22 AM
I've been having this problem since last night. It has made the game unplayable. I'm on a kindle fire hd.

Bakemoo
02-16-13, 11:31 AM
Same thing. Old goals looping continually and making the game unplayable. The french chef goals, all the Loretta ones, expansion goals, and Dragon game goals. As soon as you close them, the next one pops up, and then they start over again.

lori11941
02-16-13, 11:42 AM
Me too. Not only is it doing it when I go into my bakery, but when I tried to tip my neighbors, it happened every time I went into a new bakery. I had to quit trying after the first few, because it was taking me 10 minutes per neighbor!

ChelseaFc6
02-16-13, 11:44 AM
I'm having the same issue. Restarting or uninstalling then re-installing Does Not Work- I've tried Many times. The goals that pop up are Install Dragon story, Reach level 12, reach level 7, Cup of Joe, Ze Grande Insult, and Room to grow- over and over again- the don't stop coming

Crumbles_88
02-16-13, 12:15 PM
I'm having the same issues. I'm using a Kindle Fire & BS Regular edition 1.5.5.5 I have cleared cache, uninstalled, rebooted - nothing works. The old goals keep popping up over and over. Dragon Story & Bread oven & expansion goals etc.

cherokee329
02-16-13, 12:59 PM
Please fix this bug. I can't play this way! :(

AvalonSweets
02-16-13, 07:08 PM
Also experiencing completed goals reappearing during play. Started today. Device is Kindle Fire, Bakery Story version 1.5.5.5. If I hit the back arrow on the completed goal screen, it shows a screen with "0 Goals" then in less than a minute, "65 Goals" screen appears most showing days to go to achieve goal or a Finish button due to goal expiration. Could a game update cause this bug? Any feedback greatly appreciated.

cherokee329
02-16-13, 08:31 PM
Is no one going to answer to these old goals popping up all the time? I'm just glad I'm not cooking anything right now but I feel bad I can't tip my neighbors :(

ChiefGeek
02-16-13, 08:36 PM
Mine started doing the same thing yesterday. I am also running on a Kindle but I am running version 1.5.5.5 and I did email support but I have not heard anything back yet. When I do I will post TL's answer. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

ChiefGeek
02-16-13, 08:38 PM
Also, reading through previous posts most if not all people with this problem are playing on a Kindle - coincidence? Probably not lol wonder if this is game vs. Kindle issue...

FrozenTurtle
02-16-13, 10:52 PM
Can anyone tell me which goals are reappearing? Are they regular goals? Or goals that suggest to try other TeamLava games?

Also, please give us a timeframe that this recently started happening. And is this only affecting Bakery Story?

ChiefGeek
02-16-13, 11:49 PM
I am getting the try other game, aunt and the French guy quest lines that just randomly pop up. Mine started doing it yesterday. And so far it is only Bakery Story for me. I also play Zoo, Pet Shop, and Dragon Story. I cannot get a screen shot of the problem but if you want/need I can write out door l step by step what happens...

ChiefGeek
02-16-13, 11:51 PM
I am getting the try other game, aunt and the French guy quest lines that just randomly pop up. Mine started doing it yesterday. And so far it is only Bakery Story for me. I also play Zoo, Pet Shop, and Dragon Story. I cannot get a screen shot of the problem but if you want/need I can write out door l step by step what happens...

Forgot this part - I am paying Bakery Story v 1.5.5.5 on Kindle Fire HD.

cortnylyn
02-17-13, 07:07 AM
Kindle Fire version 1.5.5.5 aunt and the French guy quest download dragon story and it goes through wanting you to get a dragon to certain levels There was one more with the girl popping up at well and it started for me Thursday night CST around 6pm at least when I noticed it.

cortnylyn
02-17-13, 08:07 AM
If you click on the goals at first it says 0 then it says 70 goals -sweet destiny-dragon dozen-a sweet new app-reach for the top-ze grande insult-return of jean pierre-the test bun-room to grow-place settings-the next step-oven fresh-busy time-cake decorator-aunt lorettas test-personal touch-the hot spot-cobbler coming right up-new nbrs-the long haul-baker buddies-this old oven-a ray of sunshine-whats in that oven-elbow to elbow-cant stand the heat-etc and then some say example-Wait it out Expired Finish-

missmimij
02-17-13, 10:25 AM
Bakery Story is the only game that it is affecting for me. It started on Friday morning and is happening every time I play the game. It will cycle through all of them and a few minutes it will start over again. Some are the regular goals and some are goals that suggest other games. The goals clipboard keeps flashing new goals but when I click on it there are 0 goals shown. The goals that keep popping up for me are reach for the top, sweet destiny, the test bun, the return of Jean-Pierre, ze grande insult, room to grow, dragon dozen, cup of joe, a sweet new app, the test bun, sweet destiny, reach for the top, ze grand insult, the return of jean-pierre, room to grow, a sweet new app, sweet destiny... over and over. If I get a chance to do any baking or tipping or clearing of items in between pop ups it usually erases what I have done. I have force closed, uninstalled and re-installed and nothing has helped. I hope this info helps and this can get resolved because I love this game and right now it is very frustrating.

LindaBLB
02-17-13, 10:53 AM
Yes, exactly what Cortnlyn said. If you delete and reinstall the game, it just starts over, going through all the goals again. I'm not going to waste my time emailing TL, just to get a robot response back from them 3 or 4 days from now. But I am about ready to quit playing. This game just isn't worth the constant headaches.

chzhed2522
02-17-13, 11:06 AM
Can anyone tell me which goals are reappearing? Are they regular goals? Or goals that suggest to try other TeamLava games?

Also, please give us a timeframe that this recently started happening. And is this only affecting Bakery Story?
STARTED 02/15. BS only. Bread oven goals and dragon story goals. Goals cycling every minute or two and then tasks completed not saving. Same thing occurs when visiting neighbors. THEREFORE cant play game.

cherokee329
02-17-13, 11:53 AM
Popups start with Cup of Joe goes through to the Dragon one and then repeats. Can no longer play the Bakery on my Kindle. May I suggest that some of your staff get Kindle Fires and then you would know first hand what it's like to play your games on these devices. If this can't or won't be resolved, I won't have a choice but to delete and that would be sad at level 99 after the work and money I have invested in my Bakery. :(

Bakemoo
02-17-13, 01:40 PM

I answered this last time it happened but here it is again:

Two "Hooray" advertisements, The Test Bun (start and finish), Room to grow, Sweet Destiny, Ze Grande Insult, Return of Jean Pierre, Cup of Joe, A Sweet New App, Sweet Destiny (again), Test Bun (again)... begin endless loop.

I've always had trouble with old goals popping up, which is why I started this thread on 11/23/2012, but this new spam started when the Dragon Dozen goal appeared again, which I assume was intentional as it is the only goal showing on the clipboard. Although sometimes when I click on it, it shows 67 goals.
Another weird thing is that when I am able to start or finish food (only able to do by spam clicking when the adds are cycling), they aren't clearing properly; some of the ovens show the little serve icon after they've been removed from oven, and some show the recipe book after a new recipe has been started. Unsure if related.
I'm playing on a Kindle Fire, version is Thanksgiving edition.

cherokee329
02-17-13, 03:03 PM
I"m going to add that this is happening on both of my Kindles in both of my bakeries with the 1.5.5.5 version.

millerplace1
02-17-13, 03:06 PM
Having same issues with BS. I am playing on Kindle Fire and the regular version 1.5.5.5. Same pop ups, same problem with icons not going away. I force stopped, shut down Kindle and uninstalled and reinstalled nothing helps . have accidentally uses gems to buy stuff just trying to tap through before they come up again .

I answered this last time it happened but here it is again:

Two "Hooray" advertisements, The Test Bun (start and finish), Room to grow, Sweet Destiny, Ze Grande Insult, Return of Jean Pierre, Cup of Joe, A Sweet New App, Sweet Destiny (again), Test Bun (again)... begin endless loop.

I've always had trouble with old goals popping up, which is why I started this thread on 11/23/2012, but this new spam started when the Dragon Dozen goal appeared again, which I assume was intentional as it is the only goal showing on the clipboard. Although sometimes when I click on it, it shows 67 goals.
Another weird thing is that when I am able to start or finish food (only able to do by spam clicking when the adds are cycling), they aren't clearing properly; some of the ovens show the little serve icon after they've been removed from oven, and some show the recipe book after a new recipe has been started. Unsure if related.
I'm playing on a Kindle Fire, version is Thanksgiving edition.

FrozenTurtle
02-17-13, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! We're currently investigating.

FrozenTurtle
02-17-13, 05:44 PM
Are you guys still experiencing this issue?

cherokee329
02-17-13, 06:17 PM
Goal Icon is gone and back to normal. It's fixed, thanks! :)

cortnylyn
02-17-13, 06:52 PM
THANK YOU! Goal cycle is gone seems back to normal so far :)

K8ie521
02-17-13, 08:05 PM
Seems fine now. Yay. Thank you!

lori11941
02-17-13, 09:20 PM
Awesome! I can start baking again. :)

Bakemoo
02-18-13, 06:37 AM
It's still happening, not fixed.

cortnylyn
02-18-13, 07:01 AM
Mine is still fixed as of this morning. Bakemoo hope yours is soon as well

millerplace1
02-18-13, 07:57 AM
still have pop up but only one cycle now instead of ten. I guess I can work with that

TrickstersPets
02-18-13, 03:59 PM
I an playing in kindle fire it's new at Xmas and I'm having the same trouble with the pop ups. There are about 10 of them the same as bakemoo I think it is. It's highly annoying. I'm partially sighted and it difficult for me to play. I think they are the same ones listed previously too. Like cup of Joe etc. They show what the goal is then it comes up it's been done then immediately pops the next one before you can do anything. I haven't had a mission or whatever you call them in over a month. But the last 2 weeks it's been this every single time I go to play it, sometimes several times a day. I have deleted the game a few tines but to no avail. The numbers at the bottom on the help page I thunk say 1.5.5.5 and again I'm using a brand new kindle fire.

Bakemoo
02-18-13, 06:39 PM
It does seem to be mostly fixed; had one cycle of old goals earlier today but it's better atm... crossing fingers. Thanks for looking into it.

AvalonSweets
02-18-13, 08:28 PM
No completed goals popping up anymore. THANK YOU!

TrickstersPets
02-20-13, 08:35 PM
Well the pop ups are fixed but I still have no missions to complete :(

nmishii
02-21-13, 09:07 PM
Are you guys still experiencing this issue?

I got the goals popping up again tonight. Farm Story. For me, it doesn't happen all the time, like it did for kindle players. Tonight I was moving trees and the game lost its internet connection, then restarted and I got the goals clipboard. It said 0 goals. Then I starting moving my trees again and the game lost its internet connection, then restarted and I got old farm goals. Was on 3G, no wifi where I was at.

Android ICS 4.1.1. Samsung Galaxy S3.

Bakemoo
03-15-13, 07:48 PM
I'm having this problem again! Please fix this, it makes the game really hard to play. =(

Azumanga_
03-20-13, 09:54 AM
same problem here. Every Day the Bread-Oven Goals pop up

actual: Bakery Story St. Patricks Day 1.5.5.7.1
Android 4.2.1 - Galaxy Note II

kooky panda
03-20-13, 10:25 AM
same problem here. Every Day the Bread-Oven Goals pop up

actual: Bakery Story St. Patricks Day 1.5.5.7.1
Android 4.2.1 - Galaxy Note II
Try restarting your device. If still issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Bakemoo
04-12-13, 06:03 AM
Still having this problem. I've uninstalled the game and restarted my device multiple times. The goals that pop up are all the Bread Oven goals, Cup of Joe ones, as well as the new SweetCo goals that I've already completed. I'm on a Kindle Fire, running the Thanksgiving edition.

SweHo
04-12-13, 06:12 AM
How can I play with my same Id in another device?

jellypie200
04-18-13, 12:45 PM
That's happening to me sometimes I play on android tablet on bakery story Christmas version

Bakemoo
05-10-13, 09:21 PM
Still having this problem. Does anyone from TeamLava have a solution?
Just to state it again, reinstalling the game and restarting the device does not work.

Jessica7200
06-06-13, 08:15 AM
I have the same problem.
I play Bakery Story Valentines edition

izyalfie
06-16-13, 01:55 PM
I have the same problem on bs, fs and rs (I deleted rs). I have tried uninstalling but it doesn't work.
It is normally the bread oven objective and dragon story fairy tales.

dineanddash101
09-14-13, 07:42 AM
I actually want them to pop up so I can complete them. For some reason they havent popped up in a while. I wish I could figure out why.

angelmama24
09-25-13, 09:56 AM
I experience this problem in all my TL games from time to time. It seems occur when I have an out-of-synch issue or accidentally leave the game open and temporarily lose my wi-fi connection. If this is indeed what is causing the problem, I do not see a way to prevent the old goal popup. Perhaps someone from TL can verify this. Thank you. :)

bobbyrae
09-25-13, 10:12 AM
I actually want them to pop up so I can complete them. For some reason they havent popped up in a while. I wish I could figure out why.

When they pop up in the manner being complained about you can't complete them. Every single goal from the beginning of goals pop up and the only thing you can do is to press the "X" or "OK" and wait for them to finish popping up. It is VERY annoying. Uninstalling doesn't help. Closing out doesn't help. Everytime a new goal is released into the game all the goals pop up all over again.

NeishaFire
10-11-13, 07:07 AM
Why should your customers have to restart their device to fix YOUR PROBLEM. This issue goes way too far back for you to not bother to figure out what the problem is. Restaurant story was the last team lava game/storm8 game I was still because of this. After reading these posts and seeing how far back the problem goes. I'm done.

Gooby2010
10-23-13, 07:37 AM
I started experiencing this problem when I transferred my game to my new phone. It happens on all my TL games, RS, BS, FS. It seems to happen the first time I play the game for the day, it will cycle through all the goals and then it won't happen for the rest of the day. The next morning it happens again. It is very frustrating and makes me not want to play anymore. I have uninstalled the games multiple times and restarted my device. Not sure why it started to occur only after I transferred to a new phone. I went from a Droid X2 to an HTC One. I really wish there was a solution to this problem as it makes the game very unenjoyable. Please figure it out and fix it!

kooky panda
10-23-13, 10:20 AM
I started experiencing this problem when I transferred my game to my new phone. It happens on all my TL games, RS, BS, FS. It seems to happen the first time I play the game for the day, it will cycle through all the goals and then it won't happen for the rest of the day. The next morning it happens again. It is very frustrating and makes me not want to play anymore. I have uninstalled the games multiple times and restarted my device. Not sure why it started to occur only after I transferred to a new phone. I went from a Droid X2 to an HTC One. I really wish there was a solution to this problem as it makes the game very unenjoyable. Please figure it out and fix it!

You can send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check your game.
It helps if you give them the names of the goals that keep popping up.

happyheartfla
10-24-13, 09:23 AM
I have an app that allows me to **** selected apps. When these popups start appearing I switch to my app ****er, **** the story app and then restart my story game. The popups don't reappear. I know this isn't ideal, but you don't have to step thru all of these old popups and you don't have to restart your device. I'm on android and my '****er' is Advanced App ****er. Check your Playstore or Appstore for similar apps.

djgirl
08-09-14, 07:52 AM
I've noticed it the past few days. I get like 50 old goals on Bakery Story. Extremely annoying to close them all hut it's the only way to continue the game. Please fix this!

pegsfarm2
08-09-14, 08:10 AM
I am getting this too. Seems to be on weekly update day. Many, many goals that have been completed pop up. I am on baker Story Farmers Market for Android.

Ilovetodesign
08-14-14, 05:11 PM
This is happening again for me.
I seem to get the ones that you buy any Table, and then the Chair.
Happens with both Bakery Story and Restaurant Story.
Began them using a Kindle but now an iPad.
The accounts I thought would not work anymore seems to still be active. I can send stuff to them.
While waiting for things to transfer to my new Kindle and iPad.
The only other thing is that I did begin with the Halloween version of Bakery Story.
We also seem to keep having issues with hacking or just wrong things over the years techs
who come to the house make mistakes and change things but then when we call them on the phone
forgot that we were a customer.

Ladyhawkster67
09-25-15, 04:41 PM
Hi, I am having this problem also. It goes backwards through all the goals and you cannot get out of it. I play on kindle. What's the fix?

Renusa10
10-07-15, 10:55 AM
This is the most annoying part of this game. Why on earth does it keep asking us to complete goals which we are done with. I think its some way to steal our gems by making us accidentally click on OK. If the updated game is saved on the server there should be no reason why we have to go through this rough water every time we play. Too many bugs in this game.

Carole_land
12-04-15, 06:27 PM
I am having the same problem on my Kindle Fire, I have game version 1.5.5.7, and it's not one or two old goals, it's every one I've ever done, so I have to close 38-40 pop-up messages the first time I open the game each 24 hours. Restarting the game does not help, nor does restarting the device. So, so irritating! This is fun game in every other way!

deekathleen
12-04-15, 06:57 PM
On the kindle you have to shut the device all the way down (power off not just turn off). Just do it as soon as the first old goal pops up.

heartland_fan
01-07-16, 02:18 AM
This is happening to me in my bs and fs on my android tablet. I restarted and its still happening. They are game ones i've downloaded for gems and got the gems and other ones that i ran out of time to do.

geordieprogman
01-07-16, 02:35 AM
This is happening to me in my bs and fs on my android tablet. I restarted and its still happening. They are game ones i've downloaded for gems and got the gems and other ones that i ran out of time to do.

Just close the game and then restart it. The pop ups should be gone, until the next day at least.

purplechewy23
01-11-16, 11:50 PM
I had this problem last week and all my goals I was working on disappeared! I still had plenty of time to complete them very frustrating

Haaas
01-22-16, 01:43 AM
I have this problem too. You just have to close the game completely, so after closing the game also close the tab. When you restart the game the pop-ups are gone.

Sugarbritchscalif
01-24-16, 09:01 AM
The old goal pop ups are annoying. Please remove this feature. If I wanted to do the goal, I would have participated. Also, old goals that were completed pop up!

mixxed
04-28-16, 04:09 AM
Im wondering if this is a known issue or there is anything that can force a permanent sync with my account to prevent this from happening?

If i do not open BS for several hours when I do im bombarded by all my previous finished goals asking if i want to complete them for gems.Which I have to click no through just to check/send my daily gifts & goods on my appliances. I have found that if i open the app and get the past goal alerts and then exit the app completely and relaunch it fresh that they will be gone. But its kind of become just an annoyance that Id like to permanently resolve. I suspect maybe it has something to do with being absent from 2013 - 2016 maybe? As earlier this year I recovered my account due to getting more screen real estate :D

Thanks for any help!

geordieprogman
04-28-16, 06:24 AM
It's a well known android "bug". Just close the game then restart. It shouldn't happen again until the next day.

ShortcakesbyChris
06-23-16, 05:47 AM
It is so tedious to have to go through the "you have run out of time to complete this goal" twice a day. When hurrying through Ihave mistakenly spent hard earned gems on some goal I already completed. I don't get anything for those gems spent and most of the time I don't even know what I bought! Is there any way to stop this?

kooky panda
06-23-16, 10:10 AM
This is a known issue with old goals popping up. Please force close your game. This should take care of this issue.

For loss of any gems, please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

Thanks

DeputyDerpy
07-19-16, 12:20 AM
Device: Android Samsung Galaxy S4
Game Version: 1.5.5.9
Description of Problem: Every once in awhile, whether I'm visiting neighbors or doing my currently active quests, there will be pop-up of old quests that I've already either finished or was not able to finish in time. I had to restart my game multiple times because of this. The quests were all beginner stage, quests that you first started playing. They kept on trying to teach me how to play the game over and over. I'm already advanced into the game. I've also checked all the settings, and they're perfectly fine. I would like to know if this can be fixed or am I the only one with this problem and will it be fixable if solution can be found?
Screenshot: I am unable to get the screenshot.

kooky panda
07-19-16, 10:24 AM
Please try deleting and reinstalling the game to see if this helps.

If not, please send an email to support@storm8.com and let them know the names of the goals you keep seeing.

Daughteroftheking33
08-16-16, 09:19 AM
Why are my old goals keep coming up even if they are expired? Could you fix that?:)

Rynetory2
08-16-16, 09:43 AM
Please try the above suggestions.

Daughteroftheking33
08-16-16, 09:47 AM

vaitiare23
08-18-16, 06:20 PM
Same thing keeps happening for me. []

deekathleen
08-18-16, 06:27 PM
Its a long time problem. When it happens just force close the game or restart your device.

sashacatonline
09-08-16, 12:41 PM
Old goals pop up every sign in. Does not matter whether they were completed or not. Also non stop pop ups to download more storm8 games (which generate more pop ups). Takes ten minutes for pop ups to run and many times game crashes (stops responding). Then try again and go thru the whole pop up thing again. Bakery story is impossible to play with continuous non stop pop ups. Have restarted phone,cleared cache,uninstalled,reinstalled, as long as you have bakery story pop ups will not stop. Every time they have more goals, list of old goal pop ups just gets longer and longer.

buddy88094
09-16-16, 07:27 PM
It happens to me and my husband. Endlessly. They need to fix this as the more we level up the more pop ups we get. I can't tip, bake, gift, or anything. Just endlessly closing those windows....... I have rebooted numerous times and it stops it momentarily. Plus, I shouldn't have to reboot. It should just work. I get frustrated and quit playing. Clearly this is an issue and has been since May 2011. Please, please fix this before we remove the app from our devices. It does not enhance the game experience AT ALL!

QuinzB
01-02-17, 11:51 PM
My old goals are popping up,it's inconveniencing me alot.

Heaneyshideaway
02-27-17, 07:37 PM
Why can't I k
Just be able to play my 3 games without being interrupted with all my past goals?? Im on strike until y'all can fix it.

starbach
04-11-17, 05:47 PM
The pop-ups to ask if we want to buy a goal are crazy...too many too often...and a lot of them I do havein both restaurant and bakery

Keddy30103
08-21-17, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't mind this so much if it were not a gem scam. I have missed finishing a few goals over the past few years. I would like to have some items unlocked. But it took my gems and I got a big fat NOTHING!

Rynetory2
08-21-17, 08:03 PM
Depending on the specific task, geming through a task just allows you to bypass the task; it doesnt unlock the item or recipe for instance.

Keddy30103
08-26-17, 03:22 AM
Oh, good to know.

bobbyrae
08-26-17, 10:39 AM
Depending on the specific task, geming through a task just allows you to bypass the task; it doesnt unlock the item or recipe for instance.

Nor does it prevent the pop up from coming back again and again and again and again and again...

Rynetory2
08-26-17, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately it does not... restarting device is the only workaround at the moment.

CarolPeletier
09-17-17, 04:50 PM
It would be more useful if they let us do old goals.

pixiegamer
09-22-17, 07:04 AM
The pop-ups to ask if we want to buy a goal are crazy...too many too often...and a lot of them I do havein both restaurant and bakery

If you encounter them, please feel force-close and restart the game. This should make them go away.

atrekker1
09-22-17, 07:55 AM
how do I "force close"! Ive got to get rid of the pop ups!

geordieprogman
09-22-17, 08:25 AM
how do I "force close"! Ive got to get rid of the pop ups!

You just swipe it closed. Then just click on the icon to open it again. It's much quicker and easier to do it this way, rather than clicking on each popup.

Bailey2005
10-12-17, 10:46 AM
I see the popups and fake goals are back.
I guess I just don't see the point of begging me to play games I tried and have deleted long ago. This occurred because I did not like them enough to keep playing in the first place... Please remove this noise.

MamaBear2515
12-06-17, 09:17 PM
For the past few days ive had old goals popping up in my bakery and restaurant story. Ive tried closing and reopening the game but there still popping up.

ColdSprinkles
12-07-17, 12:16 AM
The same has been happening to me! Just popup after popup, nonstop with the old goals, beginner qoals, recent goals, along with popups that say you didn't complete the goal in time, would you like to buy the prize with gems regardless, even though it's either in my storage or currently being displayed. Really interrupts game play each time and it's very frustrating.

Krydav2
12-07-17, 08:27 PM
I would love to know if they're is a way to stop the pop-ups.
I get frustrated and get off the game after so many items Popup. Is there a way to stop the pop ups.
The same has been happening to me! Just popup after popup, nonstop with the old goals, beginner qoals, recent goals, along with popups that say you didn't complete the goal in time, would you like to buy the prize with gems regardless, even though it's either in my storage or currently being displayed. Really interrupts game play each time and it's very frustrating.

MamaBear2515
12-08-17, 09:50 PM
Im still having old goals popping up. Getting really frustrating. I get pop ups repeatedly one after another cant even play the game without an old goal popping up.

cortiz273
12-08-17, 10:18 PM
I've had this problem a few times and it went away on its own pretty quick. However, tonight it will not stop! Moderators: Restarting game doesn't work. Restarting device doesn't work. Reinstalling game doesn't work. The only thing I find can make the popups stop *temporarily* is collecting a tip if you are in your own bakery or leaving a tip if visiting someone else. They instantly stop afterward. But if you change bakeries, the popups restart. Sometimes it's a fight to collect or leave a tip amidst the barrage of windows...

Puttietat087
12-08-17, 11:41 PM
I have had the same things happening to me in just RS for over a week & it started when I was tipping at a Neighbors & lost 26 Gems! I sent a Ticket & Closed quicker then sent! Now I have them in BS! Thank God I wasn't tapping the screen to loose gems there too!
I really hope this gets fixed quick! Sorry but it's good to know it's not only me!

Have a Great Night!

nvangel
12-09-17, 11:51 AM
Having same issue in all s8 games..im android. Sent request thru their form to tech support and i got immediate email reply from rs, bs, fashion that tech support is no longer available for those games and my tickets were closed...

geordieprogman
12-09-17, 01:46 PM
Yeah it doesn't look good that there's no support now. :(

To get rid of all the old goals popping up, don't just keep clicking on no. Just close the game and restart it. They'll be gone then until the next day.

gabrie11a
12-13-17, 05:39 AM
Having issues with old goal pop ups i have closed my game a total of 5 times within an hour... Please fix issue.....

njbhugjjgnj
12-13-17, 07:43 AM
Having issues with old goal pop ups i have closed my game a total of 5 times within an hour... Please fix issue.....
Hon,this issue has been going on for YEARS. It will continue to go on for many more yrs (if they last that long) This is an issue that I believe won't be resolved ��

SweetSugarBomb
12-14-17, 01:30 AM
Every day, when I enter BS I get a tons of messages of unfinished goals. Usually, I just leave the game and reenter. But yesterday it happened, that I wanted to click on goals and of course suddenly this message pops up and I accidentally clicked buy. I had 32 gems and now I have 17 left. I guess it was something about a reindeer goal. And when I clicked and bought this, I wasn't even so mad at it as I thought I got something for the accidentally spent gems. So I scrolled trough my inventory I saw that there's no reindeer or anything else new. Why didn't my gems get back to 32 after I reentered the game or why didn't I get no items at least.

BAKERY STORY: Always looking for active
NEIGHBORS level 90+ (3-4★)

{4★ - level 99 - player}

Life's too important to be taken seriously ~

baker9081
12-14-17, 05:33 AM
You might have clicked on the option of skipping over a goal using gems. Sorry :( you can’t get those gems back. I think we’ve all done that accidentally one time or other.

MissCeara
12-14-17, 07:47 AM
Same, and I lost 50 gems yesterday to one of those pop ups. It's maddening. Once it starts, it's nearly impossible to do anything in game. I force close and restart the game, get one or two more neighbors tipped, and the barrage begins again.

It would be nice to at least get an acknowledgement of the issue, as well as an idea of whether we can expect a resolution at some point, or if this is just how it is from here on out.

snowbun23
12-14-17, 09:18 AM
I have had the same things happening to me in just RS for over a week & it started when I was tipping at a Neighbors & lost 26 Gems! I sent a Ticket & Closed quicker then sent! Now I have them in BS! Thank God I wasn't tapping the screen to loose gems there too!
I really hope this gets fixed quick! Sorry but it's good to know it's not only me!

Have a Great Night!

Hi there, just wondering if you'd chosen the option 'Payments' - 'accidentally use in-game currency' under Category in the support link? Or was it some other option?

SweetSugarBomb
12-14-17, 01:21 PM
Oh, okay. ☹️ I'm not happy about it but it happened and from now on I'll be very careful. The messages popped up again today but fortunately this time I didn't click anything.

{4★ - level 99 - player}

kayjco
12-14-17, 01:25 PM
I have accidentally clicked and spent gems I didn't mean to spend. One time, when I'd just started playing, it was to open a crate. Another time I bought a sonic appliance during a goal and I have a giant fountain that I have never used.

You learn to click more carefully this way!! :)

SweetSugarBomb
12-14-17, 01:36 PM
Oh yes, I know that. How many times it happened that I wanted to click rotate a counter and instead clicked on store. The whole food and gold I used to bake... all gone. I always thought BS needed a " are you sure you want to buy, sell, store... this?" like any other game I play.

{4★ - level 99 - player}

baker9081
12-14-17, 02:51 PM
It?d be great if they did that, but I?m not holding my breath.

When I first started I also opened a crate not knowing what a crate was and I thought it would give me a preview like the decorations do but ended up getting an unwanted item. I immediately tried selling it thinking I?d get my gems back. Hah! But I learned my lesson.

I have also stored counters accidentally. You play, you learn.

catprint
12-14-17, 04:19 PM
I wish I would get pop ups asking to complete old/missed goals for gems. I’d love that. I have never seen that. I have IOS.

baker9081
12-14-17, 05:00 PM
The pop ups are for goals we all get at the beginning of the game, like the sweet co. and the Pierre ones, not for old goals.

snowbun23
12-14-17, 05:49 PM
Many people (I believe those on Android) including myself have been getting old goal pop ups, even though we've completed them in the past. It is a longstanding bug/issue that has not been fixed by S8.

Trust me, catprint, you would never want these pop ups, they do not give gems but take gem FROM you.

They pop up without warning in the middle of the screen and if your finger happens to tap on the 'Buy Now' option, your gems will go poof into the gem abyss never to be seen again in some cases.

I wonder whether SweetSugarBomb encountered the old goal pop ups BUG and lost gems that way and not via the normal goal pop ups?
If so, you can try contacting S8 support.

Deanas_desserts
12-18-17, 02:00 AM
I am so furious about the unfinished goal pop up messages that keep invading my game. I lost over 75 gems in the last 6 months when I was retrieving tips from tables. Something needs to be done. I work hard for them and also spend money to by them this is not fair. Is there anyone that is in charge of the game that actually cares or will fix this please look at how many people this has happened to.

snowbun23
12-18-17, 09:32 AM
I am so furious about the unfinished goal pop up messages that keep invading my game. I lost over 75 gems in the last 6 months when I was retrieving tips from tables. Something needs to be done. I work hard for them and also spend money to by them this is not fair. Is there anyone that is in charge of the game that actually cares or will fix this please look at how many people this has happened to.

Hear hear! So many players have posted about loss of gems from this 'old goal pop up' issue on the forums for goodness-knows-how-long and there still isn't a permanent fix for this?? What kind of superbug is this to be so resistant to anti-bugware? Is S8 actually working on fixing this? And why can't players' gems lost via this bug can't be returned? It's despicable!

It's also absolutely in S8's best interests to get it permanently fixed. Due to this bug, I am no longer spending any real money on RS/BS! Too bad because I had saved up some money to spend during a gem sale, well, not anymore!

If S8 can give some reassurance and confirmation about the return of lost gems caused by the bug, that would be great. Fixing the bug would be even better! Mind you, there are probably a lot more players who don't know about forums who've lost gems too!! Some people actually use real money to buy gems and for the gems to be taken by a bug (with no return of the gems) is plain daylight robbery!!

S8.. Please get your priorities right and fix this issue asap!

SweetSugarBomb
12-22-17, 05:23 PM
Hello Catprint. Believe me, you wouldn't want these pop ups. All that can happen to you is that you accidentally send gems on this and don't get anything. You can even spend gems on a piping up message for a goal you already finished.

SweetSugarBomb
12-22-17, 05:34 PM
Hello Snowbun23,
A lot of android users have problems with these pop ups. It was happening to me and other android players for a long time but I always managed to not click on buy now but this time it happened to me and I lost my gems, I could use for something I really wanted or expanding my bakery. But we android users are not the only one with issues with BS. I have an IOS phone as well and there is this issue with gifting. Now, if you want to directly gift back you can only send golden knobs. If you would want to gift anything else, you would need to visit the bakery and gift from there. That is why so many players gift golden knobs. I can imagine, that players with 200+ neighbours don't have the time and nerve to visit every single bakery to send the right gifts. They have this issue from 2013 or 14 and haven't done anything to fix this as well.

SweetSugarBomb
12-22-17, 05:39 PM
Oh my. This is so wrong and outrageous! People spend their hard earned coins to buy gems and then loose it for nothing! They need to fix this immediately or they're going to loose players and business.

SweetSugarBomb
12-22-17, 05:54 PM
As I already said in one of my previous posts. Why is it so hard for S8 to to actually build into the game the option "Are you sure you want to buy... store... sell this item?" Every single other game I play has this option, so you can withdraw from anything clicked accidentally! It happened today again, that I spent gems for something I didn't want. 12 gems for a crate, that wasn't even my intention on clicking on it. I just wanted to proceed to the next site, wanted to click the right arrow but ending up on clicking that crate. It's really a shame. And like Baker9081 said, upon clicking on a crate, there should be a preview of decorations you can get, so we can decide to buy or going to another crate.

bluewhale89
12-22-17, 06:20 PM
The only thing you can do at the moment is to close the game as soon as you receive the pop-up. In any case, they really need to fix this problem.

paulinabracho
12-22-17, 06:23 PM
As I already said in one of my previous posts. Why is it so hard for S8 to to actually build into the game the option "Are you sure you want to buy... store... sell this item?" Every single other game I play has this option, so you can withdraw from anything clicked accidentally! It happened today again, that I spent gems for something I didn't want. 12 gems for a crate, that wasn't even my intention on clicking on it. I just wanted to proceed to the next site, wanted to click the right arrow but ending up on clicking that crate. It's really a shame. And like Baker9081 said, upon clicking on a crate, there should be a preview of decorations you can get, so we can decide to buy or going to another crate.

Agree.
I just clicked on a stupid crate for accident and lost 24 gems!!!

Anyways..
Just wanted to wish you guys `?○ happy holidays ○?`😊 ♡

Keddy30103
01-03-18, 11:59 PM
JUST AN FYI: I've had issues with old goals popping up occasionally over the years. It's random and unexpected. It happens in BS & RS. Y'all know what I'm talking about.

HOWEVER, about 10 min ago it happened and I noticed something different. Just a few hours ago all those install/play for gems games appeared in my goals box in addition to current Rose Gold and side goals. Those play for gems ones have been gone for several weeks. And I realized I didn't get old goals popping up while they were gone. I had Chrome app opened at same time.

Samsung Galaxy J7V Android 7.0 all updates current.

Update:(KP)

Elsa;1491412']We've thoroughly examined the issue and identified the root cause of the issue is from Android devices that have software or hardware compatibility issues that cause the game to behave in an unpredictable way. We have not been able to reproduce the issue on a player's account using the exact same specifications, so the cause is directly impacted by something on the specific device configuration being used and the actions being made.

We're not able to provide support for issues that may occur due to third-party interference such as device issues or third-party software. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you purchased Gems with real-world money and you need help with them, please submit a request through support with the purchase category.

edie62
01-12-18, 06:27 PM
Hi there!
The old goals keep popping up and I would really love to pick up 3 things I missed out on when they were goals.
The Juice Sampler
The Love Bakery
The Love sampler.

Does anyone know if they are in the list of goals that keep popping up maybe under another name or something.
I have paid gems for things I don't seem to have got. Does anyone else know anything about all this I would appreciate to know anything you know about all this.
Cheers Edie 🦉

eeveldoll
01-12-18, 08:38 PM
Hi Edie62

I am sorry to tell you this, but those old goals items you just paid gems for will never show up in your storage because apparently it's an ongoing "bug/issue".

You can refer to an ongoing discussion thread in Restaurant Story whereby players who have experienced similar issues on old goals popping up (i.e. paid gems in hopes of getting a past goal item / accidentally paid gems because the pop up appeared where their finger was tapping at) but also have not received compensation as of now.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102188-Old-goal-pop-ups

Sorry I can't help much but from what I read, I would advise that you do not click to buy... (at least now you know you're not the only one!)

edie62
01-12-18, 09:17 PM
Yes �� Thank you for letting me know ��

ReiSixx9
01-28-18, 05:32 PM
Every once in awhile all the past goals throughout my time playing the game will pop up on my screen in a row so I can't do anything but sit there closing each individual one for a few minutes. Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

cornercafeaulait
01-30-18, 08:37 AM
My problem with these old pop up goals is they appear out of the blue (whether you've just visited a nbrs bakery or in your own bakery). They have been plaguing me for a few weeks and have taken 20 plus gems which have yet to be returned.
I contacted a Mod and she was kind enough to send my issue to a CM because BS no longer responds to individual requests.
There has to be a way on Storm8's end to stop these gem robbers.
Any help on getting rid of these annoying pop ups and getting my gems replaced would be greatly appreciated.
Asus Zen tablet. Android 7.0

Megotchi
03-01-18, 11:41 AM
I used to love this app but I think I have to uninstall this new glitch is wasting time and money.

Old goals keep popping up on my screen telling me I've run out of time to complete them, most of which I did complete like months ago, and it gives you the offer of spending gems to complete the goal. Even though I always just close the pop-up, it takes all my gems away!! You'll get like heaps of these in a row so literally all my gems are wasted on this stupid glitch, then I can't use them when I actually want to progress through a goal or anything because they're all flipping taken away!!!

It might just be some stupid little app but this is real world money you're taking from people. It's beyond a joke and I'm sick of it. :mad::mad:

chonsah
03-02-18, 08:27 AM
Every time I log into the game, for 2 weeks or so, I get a message that goes through ALL the past goals asking if I want to do them again! I have to say no to each one.. Any way to stop this? It's making me crazy-er..

kooky panda
03-02-18, 10:50 AM
Information on this:

snowbun23
03-02-18, 12:12 PM
Every time I log into the game, for 2 weeks or so, I get a message that goes through ALL the past goals asking if I want to do them again! I have to say no to each one.. Any way to stop this? It's making me crazy-er..

No. There is no way to stop the old goal pop ups due to the incapability and incompetence of S8 to fix it.

Once an old goal pop-up pops ups, just close your game immediately and re-open your game. Don't waste your time clicking No to each one.

Top tip: Only click on the LEFT side of your screen (scrolling and minimising/maximising your screen is required) to avoid clicking on the gem trap of the old goal pop up. Because if you do lose gems, it is very unlikely that your gems will refunded.

chonsah
03-02-18, 05:30 PM
Thanks everyone for the replys! (Great, so now I have to buy a new phone!) I do enjoy the game. Chonsah ^.^

Crazycrowell
03-28-18, 11:22 AM
Same here, but mine will go away for a while if I exit game and go back in, sometimes. Some days it will just keep going and I give up playing for that day.
I wouldn't count on it being fixed, or getting your gems back. This has been reported for a long time and they are not responding, or fixing the problem. I would make sure everyone you know, that play's,knows about the problem and spread the word, They don't refund anything from their game's mess ups as long they can keep ignoring the problem, they make extra money for themselves.

Halilady
03-30-18, 03:13 PM
For the last several months old goal pop ups have been happening every time I play the game and have to close the game and start again. I have lost gems because the pop ups have come up unexpectedly while tipping nbr tables and you are suddenly tapping the box to buy something. Is there a purpose to these pop ups?? Are they there to annoy us and take away our preciously earned gems?? Why have you not fixed this problem? Please let us know what is going on here!! Please do something, nice if you returned the gems too! I really enjoy the game but enough is enough, I may have to quit!!

VanaCatu
03-31-18, 11:28 AM
as we can see, this bug is not treatable . but there are couple of tricks to make it less harmful (same).

like, never tap anything in the middle of the screen (where these popups can appear).
no matter, you cook smth, or tip nbrs, - try to position yr tapping area to the corners.

Rynetory2
04-02-18, 05:33 AM
This has been reported for a long time and they are not responding, or fixing the problem.

Here's the CM's reply to this. They did check as Kooky posted above (#144).

Lunwonderful
04-10-18, 07:10 PM
I had this problem then downloaded the just plain S8 Bakery Story ( no additional name like: BS Valentines, or BS cat cafe etc.) from Google Play and it has stopped. I play on a Samsung Android 7.0 tablet. All of my ovens, menu items, gems, etc were on the new game. The edition number is 1.6.0.3
Additionally, I discovered I now have an option to shorten cooking times on 2-3 machines by watching videos. =)

karyandfashion
04-15-18, 05:11 AM
No. There is no way to stop the old goal pop ups due to the incapability and incompetence of S8 to fix it.

Once an old goal pop-up pops ups, just close your game immediately and re-open your game. Don't waste your time clicking No to each one.

Top tip: Only click on the LEFT side of your screen (scrolling and minimising/maximising your screen is required) to avoid clicking on the gem trap of the old goal pop up. Because if you do lose gems, it is very unlikely that your gems will refunded.

That didn'tt happen before. IF you made the mistake of clicking on the left, your gems were refunded. What happens now?

Bailey2005
04-15-18, 11:30 AM
This happens when your game cannot retrieve the list of completed goals for your account due to an error or network issues. The app should have code to detect this condition, then reload, or respond with a single error, not spam you with every goal because it thinks you haven't completed any. That is just bad code and excuses. Shame on ya.

snowbun23
04-17-18, 01:17 AM
..... IF you made the mistake of clicking on the left, your gems were refunded. What happens now?

Your statement is wrong. I'd suggest reading my post again.

snowbun23
04-17-18, 01:38 AM
Here's the CM's reply to this. They did check as Kooky posted above (#144).

My feedback to the CM's statement is 'extremely unsatisfactory'.

I've been a regular player since 2013, but my interest in RS and BS have plummeted down the toilet because of S8's bad customer service and handling of this issue.

I've been playing so much less now because of the risk of losing gems from those old goal pop ups with no 100% guarantee of gem refunds.

I have plenty of Google Play credit 'earned' from surveys that I could spend on RS/BS, but I'll spend it elsewhere instead. Too bad!

Safiyatyler
05-04-18, 01:19 AM
I close and restart my app once a pop up appears.

I just noticed that if I restart the app, the pop ups don't come until later (it tend to appear if I have the app open in the background for a while and then come back to play)...so I just restart the app everytime to lessen the chances of the pop ups appearing.

saritadawn
05-05-18, 04:38 PM
What work for me is when the popups start, I go to my IPad settings and force close then go back to the game.

Mileyfrancine19
11-22-18, 01:01 PM
Every time i open may bakery its always popping up the old goals, even i unstall the game or clear cache, it still coming back the pop ups!

Sebsmommy15
11-22-18, 02:34 PM
This has happened to me and I just tend to just close the window and go on with the rest of the play. It’s annoying I know. I wish they get rid of that..

baker9081
11-23-18, 03:08 AM
It?s super duper incredibly annoying. I lost my watch videos for free gems feature because I accidentally clicked on the gems sale ad.

geordieprogman
11-23-18, 03:29 AM
Just close the game as soon as the pop ups start. Then restart and they’ll be gone. At least until the next day. It’s a well known android problem. I had an android tablet when I first started playing and I hated these pop ups.

SBDOVER72
11-23-18, 07:28 AM
If you can get the timing just right, try tapping on your tables to collect tips. Or if visiting a neighbor try leaving tips. That always worked for me. Haven't had any pop ups lately... knock on wood... LOL! GOOD LUCK 🎅

Amakikipie
11-24-18, 10:56 AM
Lately every time i go to someone's bakery, old pop ups of all-ready-done-goals pop up. The most common one is the says to make your first brownie. Im actually on level 20 and it usually never happened on other levels below 20.

kooky panda
11-24-18, 11:49 AM
This is known issue

Amakikipie
11-25-18, 08:56 PM
Some of the goal names were " brownie points " , " cup of joe " , " ze grande insult! " , " room to grow" (8x10).

Amakikipie
11-25-18, 08:57 PM
Here are some more. Sorry im new at these things. 48872

Amakikipie
11-25-18, 09:01 PM
Here are some more. Sorry im new at these things.48873 48874 48874 48875

Amakikipie
11-25-18, 09:16 PM
Even though this isnt a pop up but i just wanted to show this weird edible dessert. 48876

Amakikipie
11-25-18, 09:24 PM
I never knew you could lose some gems with some of the pop ups. Mostly because I didn't have enough gems.

MissPiep
11-26-18, 01:04 PM
I'm getting a lot of these old goal pop ups today. About once an hour at least. It happens in Restaurant Story, Bakery Story & Fashion Story. Today it's more than usual.

Silvershadowen
12-02-18, 07:01 AM
Just had the same thing, unfortunately, I clicked on the option that gives you the goal reward and lost approximately 50 gems :blue: I don't suppose there's anyway to get these back at all? If not, that'll teach me to not buy my expansion as soon as I have the gems :p

Amakikipie
12-02-18, 03:46 PM
The pop ups stopped for a while untill i tried to download Castle story for a few gems on bakery story. I mostly got old pop up goals about the other storm8 games i used to have which is dragon story and fantasy forest story.

Clarionfairiequeen
01-29-19, 02:19 PM
Ive posted video of my bakery constantly cycling thru the quest pop ups from the start of the game and regurgitating every single one. Its happened several dozen times. I have been posting this for WAY over a year. On Storm8 FB page to tech support posted about it here.

NO ONE HAS NOTHING to add to it on how to correct it or deal with it. A YEAR! How the Hades can there be an issue and have visible proof if it and there at NO fixes or direction to go in-depth about it?!

29tiffers83
05-19-19, 11:21 AM
I actually did not mind when when "you ran out if time for this goal..." because I would get a chance to purchase item. But now I haven't seen that pop up any time recently. Would like to be able to though.