PDA

View Full Version : Dragon names workshop!

clarknova81
11-28-12, 03:53 PM
Can't find any good idea to name your new dragon? Why don't you ask for advice here? Or maybe you just want to share the names you've already given? Here's the place to do it!

For example, I can't seem to find an appropriate name for my Mirage... Any ideas?

Takiofallen
11-28-12, 04:06 PM
delusion

clarknova81
11-28-12, 04:09 PM
delusion

Why do I suddenly feel depressed?

kwhales
11-28-12, 04:10 PM
Slots....you know the Mirage in Vegas...

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 04:12 PM
Can't find any good idea to name your new dragon? Why don't you ask for advice here? Or maybe you just want to share the names you've already given? Here's the place to do it!

For example, I can't seem to find an appropriate name for my Mirage... Any ideas?

Any dragons Im keeping just as $$ earners until I need the room for better ones I rename "trash"!! This way I dont accidentally sell one I want to keep when I need the space!!
My zombie is named Frank (Frankenstein was too long)
My genie is Robin (Robin Williams, Aladdin)
My magic is Houdini
My wizard is Gandalf
My fairy is Tink (Tinkerbelle was too long)
My boo is Casper
Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head but I rename the first dragon of each kind that I breed and always evolve those to epic before any of their twins! This way if I need to get rid of any I know Im keeping the first ones I bred. Dont know why that would matter but I would feel bad if I sold off my first born and kept my 5th or 6th for instance!!

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 04:14 PM
I havent thought of a good one for my mirage yet either!

kwhales
11-28-12, 04:20 PM
Fata Morgana for mirage.

clarknova81
11-28-12, 04:22 PM
Any dragons Im keeping just as $$ earners until I need the room for better ones I rename "trash"!! This way I dont accidentally sell one I want to keep when I need the space!!
My zombie is named Frank (Frankenstein was too long)
My genie is Robin (Robin Williams, Aladdin)
My magic is Houdini
My wizard is Gandalf
My fairy is Tink (Tinkerbelle was too long)
My boo is Casper
Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head but I rename the first dragon of each kind that I breed and always evolve those to epic before any of their twins! This way if I need to get rid of any I know Im keeping the first ones I bred. Dont know why that would matter but I would feel bad if I sold off my first born and kept my 5th or 6th for instance!!

My Hypnotic is called Houdini too!
Other nice names I found are

Wizard: Albus
Magic: Hagrid (it's fat, so...)
Scarecrow: Kakashi ( japanese for scarecrow)
Aurora: Idun ( nordic goddess)
Sunrise: Marebito (japanese for good omen)
Boo: Sadako (like The Grudge ghost)
Titan: Jabba( like Jabba the Hutt)
Fairy: Oberon
These are the few I like the most...

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 04:23 PM
Fata Morgana for mirage.

Which means???

clarknova81
11-28-12, 04:23 PM
Fata Morgana for mirage.

A bit too long I guess

OFF TOPIC: are you Italian?

CuddlyDragon
11-28-12, 04:24 PM
*cough*
<-------- :D

clarknova81
11-28-12, 04:24 PM
Which means???

Italian for Morgan le Fey

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 04:25 PM
My Hypnotic is called Houdini too!
Other nice names I found are

Wizard: Albus
Magic: Hagrid (it's fat, so...)
Scarecrow: Kakashi ( japanese for scarecrow)
Aurora: Idun ( nordic goddess)
Sunrise: Marebito (japanese for good omen)
Boo: Sadako (like The Grudge ghost)
Titan: Jabba( like Jabba the Hutt)
Fairy: Oberon
These are the few I like the most...

Jabba the hutt, that ones good lol!!

clarknova81
11-28-12, 04:27 PM
Jabba the hutt, that ones good lol!!

Well, it bounces on its butt so...

Takiofallen
11-28-12, 04:34 PM
Do you really want to see your name spread across DS land lol
*cough*
<-------- :D

mammami08
11-28-12, 04:42 PM
Why don't carry on with the mythologi and godesses. In Hawaiian mythologi therevis a godess named Hi'aika, shes the sister of Pele (the most known of hawaiian godess and the godess of lava) she was born from an egg and is the godess of the clouds.

I think that would fit the mirage dragon perfect :)

mammami08
11-28-12, 04:46 PM
Why don't carry on with the mythologi and godesses. In Hawaiian mythologi there is a godess named Hi'iaka, shes the sister of Pele (the most known of hawaiian godess and the godess of lava) she was born from an egg and is the godess of the clouds.

I think that would fit the mirage dragon perfect :)

sorry about the misspelling Hi'iaka is her name

grondai
11-28-12, 04:49 PM
Name ur dragon Thantos for good luck :) btw I named my pumpkin Jack... Get it? Hehe

clarknova81
11-28-12, 04:50 PM
sorry about the misspelling Hi'iaka is her name

Looks like once again you're saving my day! Thanx! :) Hi'aka sounds just great!

clarknova81
11-28-12, 04:52 PM
Name ur dragon Thantos for good luck :) btw I named my pumpkin Jack... Get it? Hehe

I could name my next Diamond breed like that... And yeah, I get the burtonian reference! ;)

mammami08
11-28-12, 04:56 PM
Looks like once again you're saving my day! Thanx! :) Hi'aka sounds just great!

Your more than welcome, since i haven't renamed my drags i think it's fun to come up with names for yours ;)

clarknova81
11-28-12, 04:58 PM
Your more than welcome, since i haven't renamed my drags i think it's fun to come up with names for yours ;)

Ok, you'll be my name rater from now on! XD
I still keep some of the automated names though, like my Forest who's named Artemis, which is just perfect!

mammami08
11-28-12, 05:00 PM
Ok, you'll be my name rater from now on! XD
I still keep some of the automated names though, like my Forest who's named Artemis, which is just perfect!

My boos automated name is Ghost, kind of perfect to ;)

Tossa747
11-28-12, 05:04 PM
Is there any way to see other players dragon names?

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 05:06 PM

Haha, thats my pumpkins name too!!

clarknova81
11-28-12, 05:07 PM
Is there any way to see other players dragon names?

The only way is to ask directly on a player's wall I'm afraid...

MazShaddix
11-28-12, 05:24 PM
My first aurora is called Loki that was automated
My coral is called coral and that was the automated name too

I have been tempted to name a couple (but not first breeds) after arch angels

dondonuk
11-28-12, 05:26 PM
One of my poisons hgad the same name as a few others so I renamed it arsenic and I thought the aurora was as pretty as where I went -on honeymoon so named it india

kwhales
11-28-12, 05:28 PM
Fata Morgana is a superior optical phenomenon--also known as a mirage.

clarknova81
11-28-12, 05:28 PM
My first aurora is called Loki that was automated
My coral is called coral and that was the automated name too

I have been tempted to name a couple (but not first breeds) after arch angels

Metatron is a perfect name for an Angel dragon... And also Uriel or Enoch... I take many of my names from Kabbalah, Bible and buddhist Sutras...

CuddlyDragon
11-28-12, 05:32 PM
Do you really want to see your name spread across DS land lol

Yes :( lol

mammami08
11-28-12, 05:42 PM
Grondai wrot this on another, now closed, thread: With the new diamond hybrids it would be perfect to have a new dragon type named onyx that would be made with diamond/magic mix. It would follow the "diamond" dragon as onyx is a rare rock and in many games onyx takes up a magic type stone. The dragon would be black and look somewhat like the dragon head above nether portals.

Me: If this ever becomes reallity and i ever get that drogon i'm sure re-naming it Vicious (after Sid Vicious from the punkro k group sex pistols). I once had a cat with that name ;)

clarknova81
11-28-12, 05:45 PM
Grondai wrot this on another, now closed, thread: With the new diamond hybrids it would be perfect to have a new dragon type named onyx that would be made with diamond/magic mix. It would follow the "diamond" dragon as onyx is a rare rock and in many games onyx takes up a magic type stone. The dragon would be black and look somewhat like the dragon head above nether portals.

Me: If this ever becomes reallity and i ever get that drogon i'm sure re-naming it Vicious (after Sid Vicious from the punkro k group sex pistols). I once had a cat with that name ;)

I'm gonna name mine Rotten then!

Nefertekas
11-28-12, 05:45 PM

My Pumpkin's Jack, too! :D
And my zombie is Sally... Just because we have nothing else resembling a ragdoll xD
My aurora is... Borealis.. XD
And I left my Boo as Stark because it makes me think of Tony Stark! Lol.
Aether is Ethereal.
One of my smaller is Pangeia.
Mindvolt is Ixion.
Epic Honeybee is Honeybun.
One of my athletics is Obikwelu ;)
Parakeet is Chocobo.
Landworm is Umbra.

Aaaaaand I can't check the others because the system went down suddenly. Lol!!!

Nefertekas
11-28-12, 05:48 PM
One of my poisons hgad the same name as a few others so I renamed it arsenic and I thought the aurora was as pretty as where I went -on honeymoon so named it india

Ooh, arsenic. Good one. I will try poison ivy tomorrow when the game is back on.

Awww, how sweet, India. :)

kwhales
11-28-12, 05:48 PM
I left my dragons names alone, but maybe..........

Nefertekas
11-28-12, 05:49 PM
I might go for Sirius, or something else that reminds me of black. :p

clarknova81
11-28-12, 05:50 PM
And my zombie is Sally... Just because we have nothing else resembling a ragdoll xD
Aether is Ethereal.
Mindvolt is Ixion.
Parakeet is Chocobo.
Landworm is Umbra.

Honeybee is another one that troubles me: I called mine Buzz, but I don't like it....

mammami08
11-28-12, 05:52 PM
Aether is Ethereal.
Mindvolt is Ixion.
Parakeet is Chocobo.
Landworm is Umbra.

Oh, i was thinking about re-naming my Aurora Norrsken. Thats Swedish for Borealis. We haven't had that cold wether here yet but last year we could watch the Borealis a couple of times, and i live in the southern parts of Sweden (Gotherburg) so it's not that common here as in the North. But it is so beautifull

dondonuk
11-28-12, 05:53 PM
Ooh, arsenic. Good one. I will try poison ivy tomorrow when the game is back on.

Awww, how sweet, India. :)

I couldn't think of anything else but Ivy is good too. Good luck

willothewisps
11-28-12, 05:54 PM
My wizard is Gandalf

SO IS MINE! I have another named Merlin :)
My Ice Cream dragons are Vanille and Chocolate
I also have a Life dragon whose Bloom (because of the flowers)
And my Honeybee is Barry (from Bee Movie)

mammami08
11-28-12, 05:55 PM
I'm gonna name mine Rotten then!

Thats just perfect ;)

clarknova81
11-28-12, 05:55 PM
Oh, i was thinking about re-naming my Aurora Norrsken. Thats Swedish for Borealis. We haven't had that cold wether here yet but last year we could watch the Borealis a couple of times, and i live in the southern parts of Sweden (Gotherburg) so it's not that common here as in the North. But it is so beautifull

That's the reason I'd love to live in the North! Lucky you!

clarknova81
11-28-12, 05:57 PM
I couldn't think of anything else but Ivy is good too. Good luck

I named mine Venom.... Soooo original! XD

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 06:19 PM
SO IS MINE! I have another named Merlin :)
My Ice Cream dragons are Vanille and Chocolate
I also have a Life dragon whose Bloom (because of the flowers)
And my Honeybee is Barry (from Bee Movie)

Love the ice creams names!! My life is named Vida. I dont have the honeybee yet but my son named his Barry for the same reason!! Lol! He loves that movie!!

mammami08
11-28-12, 06:23 PM
Honeybee is another one that troubles me: I called mine Buzz, but I don't like it....

Well that one is hard, but maybe Apini. Honey bees are the only excistant members of the tribe Apini, or Megapis the giant honeybee that mostley lives in Asia?

Or Madrugada after a norweigan alternativ rockband who recorded a song named Honeybee ;)

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 06:24 PM
My poisons name is Voldemort!!

kwhales
11-28-12, 06:24 PM
I already know what I'm gonna name my diamond...when I get one......FINALLY or YAHOO its a toss up.

Mlb3116
11-28-12, 06:27 PM

My post above was supposed to quote this one! Dont know what happened?

clarknova81
11-28-12, 06:29 PM
Well that one is hard, but maybe Apini. Honey bees are the only excistant members of the tribe Apini, or Megapis the giant honeybee that mostley lives in Asia?

Or Madrugada after a norweigan alternativ rockband who recorded a song named Honeybee ;)

Apini. Definetely. It sounds like the Italian for "little bees" and I'm Italian, so it's perfect! Tak! I think I'll call you "Mammapedia" from now on!

mammami08
11-28-12, 06:35 PM
Apini. Definetely. It sounds like the Italian for "little bees" and I'm Italian, so it's perfect! Tak! I think I'll call you "Mammapedia" from now on!

Oh, now i have to spend 25 golds to re- name my island, that's hilarius ;)

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-29-12, 05:58 AM
I also have a fairy named tink but i named my first one mariposa (spanish for butterfly).
my pumpkin is also named jack.
My wizard is also named albus. My eagle dragon is fawks.
I also used the name chocobo but for regular air dragon.
I named my honeybees hunny and necter. My athletics are chase and champ. I like my firestorm named chestnut (its a baby). I named my wilds nomad and wanderer. My fruitful is johnny like johnny appleseed. I named my seabreeze tidus.

jl0408
11-29-12, 08:36 AM
This is a fun idea! I changed some early on to "lucky" names, but since that's been debunked I stopped changing them. So after seeing this thread I started renaming some of my dragons with fun names. Here's what I came up with so far.

Air: Balloon
Forest: Gump
Island: Gilligan
Athletic: Jock
Wizard: Gandalf (used by others already, but really the best fitting name for him)
Mermaid: Ariel
Poison: Cyanide
Coral: Reef
Charm: Bracelet

Brimstone was too long for Fire and Carpe Diem was too long for Life. I'm still trying to think of new names for the rest.

clarknova81
11-29-12, 10:38 AM
U
This is a fun idea! I changed some early on to "lucky" names, but since that's been debunked I stopped changing them. So after seeing this thread I started renaming some of my dragons with fun names. Here's what I came up with so far.

Air: Balloon
Forest: Gump
Island: Gilligan
Athletic: Jock
Wizard: Gandalf (used by others already, but really the best fitting name for him)
Mermaid: Ariel
Poison: Cyanide
Coral: Reef
Charm: Bracelet

Brimstone was too long for Fire and Carpe Diem was too long for Life. I'm still trying to think of new names for the rest.

I called my Island Gilligan too! XD

jl0408
11-29-12, 11:26 AM
I called my Island Gilligan too! XD
That's awesome! Word association isn't coming as easy for me with some of the dragons, especially when limited to 8 characters :/

clarknova81
11-29-12, 11:30 AM
That's awesome! Word association isn't coming as easy for me with some of the dragons, especially when limited to 8 characters :/

I can give you one for a Griffin dragon: Peter, Stewie, Lois, Chris... Can you get that? I called my Griffin Stewie in Monster story... I giggle each time I see its card! XD

jl0408
11-29-12, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I got the reference, but I don't have a Griffin yet.

clarknova81
11-29-12, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I got the reference, but I don't have a Griffin yet.

Don't have one either. Too terrified by the 24 hours failtime :/

dondonuk
11-29-12, 11:52 AM
I named mine Venom.... Soooo original! XD

That's another good one

clarknova81
11-29-12, 12:12 PM
That's another good one

You think so? I thought it was kinda obvious...

jl0408
11-29-12, 01:18 PM
Don't have one either. Too terrified by the 24 hours failtime :/

No, I haven't started on Light dragons yet. I don't plan to until they make all the New Dawn features available on android. The version android has is just the original version in different colors with no extra features like iOS has. I have plenty of non-light or diamond to try for in the mean time. And mostly I have been trying for a Fairy since September.

itzjulezzz
11-29-12, 02:33 PM
All of mine are named after food. Or random items. like toaster.
Or my three athletic are "ghetto" "booty" & "pop"

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 03:02 PM
should i be offended??
All of mine are named after food. Or random items. like toaster.
Or my three athletic are "ghetto" "booty" & "pop"

makafushigi
11-29-12, 03:21 PM
mine are all named japanese. nothing fancy. Scorpion- sasori, Coral- sango, Island- shima,Leopard- hyo, etc. Though I do like the idea of naming my wizard Gandalf Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. bahhh character limit!!!

rusticjess
11-29-12, 03:25 PM
Some of my names:

Specific Groupings:

zombie = Jack
witch = Sally

poison = Zak
scorpion = Nick
aurora = Aaron
forestfire = Bagan
wild = Manifest
firestorm = Demon

genie = Cassio
pegasus = Othello
serpent = Iago

Other:

fire = Jeseari
familiar = Princess
wizard = Glaze
light = Liberty
leopard = JasQueen
eagle = Starsky

moostermine
11-29-12, 07:20 PM
should i be offended??

???? I'm sorry to sound dumb but huh? Why would you be offended? I'm a little slow getting punch lines sometimes.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-29-12, 11:14 PM
Won't list all of them, here's a few ...

My Wizard is Merlin
One Gold is Bullion, other is Nugget
Pegasus is Cheval
Light Dragon is Prism
Serpent is Slither
Honeybee is Sugar
Mermaid is Laruralai
Angel is Gabriel
Pumpkin is Gremlin
Crusader is Boru
Luck is Trump
One of my Mistmoths is Zemuly