PDA

View Full Version : Fey crystals.

sluppies
11-28-12, 02:07 PM
Just got a fey crystal, anyone know what it is used for?

Edit: Fey crystals are rare drops. They become unlocked as you complete the Tabernum Research quests (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard).

Shard 1 - they drop from wells and ponds
Shard 2 - they drop from monsters
Shard 3 - they drop from crops

Sir Pigglesworth has also been known to drop them.

They are not currently used for anything but will have a use in the future.

http://i.imgur.com/CpWyz.png?3

moda999
11-28-12, 02:29 PM
Got a couple myself so would also be interested in the answer if there is one yet.

maguar
11-28-12, 02:30 PM
They're not currently used for anything. Hopefully they'll be used in a future update.

Just for anyone's info, these crystals are a rare find in wells and ponds after you've done the first tabernum research quest. The tabernum research quests are triggered when you get knowledge shards from your tablet of tabernum. These shards are a very rare drop.

hopesdragons
11-28-12, 02:30 PM
I've gotten a few of them over the past several weeks. I don't think there's a use for them... Yet.

sluppies
11-28-12, 03:21 PM
I got mine when I was collecting crops. I had to fight a fang beasts...I think...then out it popped!

maguar
11-29-12, 01:19 AM
I got mine when I was collecting crops. I had to fight a fang beasts...I think...then out it popped!

Ooh. I hadn't heard that before. There's constantly little surprises with this game.

sukyee
11-29-12, 05:40 AM
Yes. I also got a fey crystal from wheat recently :)

babman
12-04-12, 02:21 AM
My Sir Pigglesworth throw up one today. I guess he had eaten too much wheat..

yupiyupigumgum
12-04-12, 02:47 AM
These rare items, since not everyone is lucky enough to get it, will it affects how someone can complete the goals that needs those items? If some goals can't be completed because of that, will it affect the story line of the game?

maguar
12-04-12, 02:48 AM
These rare items, since not everyone is lucky enough to get it, will it affects how someone can complete the goals that needs those items? If some goals can't be completed because of that, will it affect the story line of the game?

They're not used for anything at the moment so you don't need to worry about this :)

Momoko_peach
12-04-12, 03:38 AM
Here's how it looks like :

wassupbaby
12-04-12, 05:11 AM
FYI i got one from skunkupine :)

yupiyupigumgum
12-04-12, 08:40 AM
They're not used for anything at the moment so you don't need to worry about this :)

Really? Thank God ...:)

scottyhaha
12-10-12, 06:23 AM
Anyone knows what's fey crystal use for??

zombiefun
12-10-12, 09:41 AM
Nope. They are for future updates. Apparently.

sweetthing1
12-11-12, 08:14 AM
I got one today too....curious to see what it does as well:)

bethofarlandia
12-11-12, 11:33 PM
Me too... I hate having all this stuff I can't use... Troll horns, troll essence, mysterious venom, big ruby... It's a weird thing to complain about but it clogs up my inventory when I'm searching for things

Oh and speaking of trolls... Also a weird thing to complain about but the trolls look too similar to the blue dust surrounding them, it irks me in a totally OCD way every time they crop up , which they do a LOT

So... Anyway... Any chance we get a new update for Christmas???

blinvy2
01-05-13, 12:43 PM
One of my ponds recently dropped something called a Fey Crystal. Anyone else get one/know what it's for? No dialogue popped up for it.

synecdochal
01-05-13, 01:20 PM
I have two of them as well. And a Big red ruby. I'm hoping they are tied to future plots. :) Sometimes I wish we can sell random items to other users from our inventory. I would be as rich as the Baron in no time! Lol

lizzygee23
01-05-13, 02:01 PM
I just got the crystal yesterday and the ruby maybe a week ago. I have no idea what their for either. But my guess would be a future goal or maybe one of Ivy's potions...

blinvy2
01-05-13, 02:06 PM
Oh I got a red ruby too! I hope they will be used for something soon. I'm kind of curious now.

scottyhaha
01-05-13, 02:59 PM
I got 10 fey crystals. If you have the 1st shard, you can find them in pond/well, the 2nd shard you can get them from ****ing monster, and the 3rd from harvesting. Sir piggy drop them too.

sluppies
01-05-13, 03:06 PM
I have seven....had 8 yesterday and then a nasty glitch came and stole 1!!

maguar
01-05-13, 03:43 PM
Merged threads

gwcastle
01-09-13, 05:51 PM
I got one from a well two weeks after finishing the first knowledge shards.

prispunya
01-11-13, 01:24 AM
i already level 23 and finished 1st shard a month ago, but i still haven't get any fey crystal from my ponds or wells..only fishes, scales and water..is there something i missed?

lilobrat05
01-28-13, 10:31 AM
I have two of them as well. And a Big red ruby. I'm hoping they are tied to future plots. :) Sometimes I wish we can sell random items to other users from our inventory. I would be as rich as the Baron in no time! Lol

I too wish we could sell items to our neighbors! It's also extremely annoying that we can only gift three neighbors a day. There are so many items we can gift and none of them are really vital and even things we can create and yet we can only gift three a day! I think this should be changed!

maguar
01-28-13, 02:04 PM
i already level 23 and finished 1st shard a month ago, but i still haven't get any fey crystal from my ponds or wells..only fishes, scales and water..is there something i missed?

It's a rare drop which can take time. Might be an ideas to double check your inventory to confirm you've got the shard (just in case).

I too wish we could sell items to our neighbors! It's also extremely annoying that we can only gift three neighbors a day. There are so many items we can gift and none of them are really vital and even things we can create and yet we can only gift three a day! I think this should be changed!

You can add to the suggestion thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44990-Caste-Story-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-23-Jan-2013) if you want.

yupiyupigumgum
01-29-13, 09:02 AM

I'm on level 29 . 2 knowledge shards NO fey chrystal. Just curious, when TL 'spread' the rare items, did they reach players with ID that start with P until Z or they just stopped at S? Or maybe, there's just no luck for me in rare and random things..:p

rengirl1978
01-29-13, 11:12 PM
I finally got a fey crystal!

mammami08
02-01-13, 11:27 AM
I also just got one, i think i finished the first shard over two months ago ! Have also finished the second shard but gotten no more shardes after that.

catcrack
02-01-13, 03:08 PM
I've got a dozen of them, same as Mithril. I always get one once I have a mismatch in in Fey~Mithril numbers

absolute46
02-14-13, 07:51 PM
I got a fey crystal but I haven't gotten any shards... Does that mean it can work in the opposite way and there's a shard coming soon? :)

bowlfullofcherries
02-14-13, 07:52 PM
I get them in place of my mermaid scales... I grimace every time.

nasha86
02-14-13, 08:09 PM
I get them in place of my mermaid scales... I grimace every time.

You are so lucky. That crystal is super rare for me....

bowlfullofcherries
02-14-13, 08:18 PM
It doesn't do anything yet. I'm short on scales in a big way now. I'm sure I'll appreciate them at some vague later date but the concrete facts are that I need scales to make the absorption crystal.

Well, at least they're pretty.

newzealander
06-16-13, 11:12 PM
Is anyone else suddenly getting an influx of fey crystals? I have had 3 in the last 2 days, after getting none for months. Odd! The last one was from collecting strawberries, of all things!

Lilipipi
06-16-13, 11:29 PM
Is anyone else suddenly getting an influx of fey crystals? I have had 3 in the last 2 days, after getting none for months. Odd! The last one was from collecting strawberries, of all things!

Yes, I got at least three in the past two days, just like you. I got one each from fangbeast, water well, and strawberries.

newzealander
06-16-13, 11:48 PM
I suspect that the increase in frequency might mean that these will have some use in the near future. They look pretty anyway; perhaps we can craft Sabrina some fancy jewellery with them? Better still, craft her some sparkly shoes so that she doesn't have to shuffle along on those dainty feet! Or maybe we can use them to build a glass house so our crops grow quicker in bad weather?

Lilipipi
06-16-13, 11:49 PM
I hope so. I did have a period of fey crystal rush about a month ago too. I think it comes and goes periodically, but I like your theory better. :)

07-21-13, 10:08 PM
I to got one from a fang beast and another from well

PrincessH06
08-04-13, 01:39 AM
I got one from harvesting strawberries.

jaybay1147
08-05-13, 04:30 PM
I have five or six. ^.^

catcrack
08-05-13, 10:34 PM
I'm up to 54 currently, hopefully there will be some use for them in the future.

HNO3
08-05-13, 10:52 PM
I'm up to 54 currently, hopefully there will be some use for them in the future.

Use them to build a Korean-style mineral sauna so your characters can relax. On the other hand, if they have magical properties, that could be dangerous... better test it out on Thurston first.

catcrack
08-06-13, 12:13 AM
Use them to build a Korean-style mineral sauna so your characters can relax. On the other hand, if they have magical properties, that could be dangerous... better test it out on Thurston first.
I've been thing of painting them pink and seeing if they'll work as Absorption Crystals for adventures but I'm full of those.

bowlfullofcherries
08-06-13, 11:04 PM
If we paint them yellow we can give them to the baron instead of gold bars. Serve him right if they were glass!

trailbean
07-27-15, 03:42 PM
Still no use for Fey Crystals? Even though they are now given out as quest reward?

burritosprings
07-27-15, 03:51 PM
When you get faerie line you can use them to make stuff in the Faerie workhouse

burritosprings
07-27-15, 03:53 PM
When you get faerie line you can use them to make stuff in the Faerie workhouse
Faerie Essence to be exact Try checking out THE HUB thread.. it would have prevented this revival of a very old thread.

trailbean
07-27-15, 04:05 PM
Faerie Essence to be exact Try checking out THE HUB thread.. it would have prevented this revival of a very old thread.
Well, I did a google search, and it brought this thread... and failed to bring HUB.

burritosprings
07-27-15, 04:21 PM
Well, I did a google search, and it brought this thread... and failed to bring HUB.

But now you know where it is?

trailbean
07-27-15, 04:27 PM
But now you know where it is?

Yes: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73208-Castle-Update-9-18-14-Faerie-Workshop

SpiritWind00
07-28-15, 01:32 AM
Closing as it is an old thread and the Help Me thread is a good 'go to' option for general help or questions. Cheers!