PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story New Dawn Update (Android)

jrodt333
11-27-12, 11:13 PM
A new update to the Android version was released, version 1.0.5.4.1 or something like that. I'm a little suspicious of what might be in the update, so I haven't updated yet, but I'm just letting y'all know if you feel like taking a risk. Then again, it might be a big update for Android that finally gives us the Dawn Tree.

srsr2525
11-27-12, 11:30 PM
Let me try.... :p

srsr2525
11-27-12, 11:36 PM
Wow! After the upgrade, I find......................................no differences. :(

jrodt333
11-27-12, 11:36 PM
Anything different? Did they take away the only advantage that Android has over iOS?

srsr2525
11-27-12, 11:41 PM
Anything different? Did they take away the only advantage that Android has over iOS?

What's the "only advantage" on Android?

paradiseisland727
11-28-12, 12:01 AM
Unfortunately, still no tree, boosts, goals...but I noticed some improvements such as no more blue screen, force close and restart.

Nefertekas
11-28-12, 03:29 AM
Unfortunately, still no tree, boosts, goals...but I noticed some improvements such as no more blue screen, force close and restart.

Oh. I have an android phone (though I hardly use it) and decided to instal DS the other day. It's so slow! And I laughed at that blue screen thing, well I guess it's a common problem then. I yhought it was my phone xD

Ruzzz
11-28-12, 04:02 AM
after update not run. white display and closed. Samsung galaxy s 3.

Chocolat13
11-28-12, 04:11 AM
after update not run. white display and closed. Samsung galaxy s 3.

Same thing here.

azychan
11-28-12, 08:37 AM
Eh? Blue Green and force close? Which's your device?
I play DS (and lot of other games) in my galaxy tab 8.9, It's never happen, neither blue screen nor force close

After downloaded the New Dawn version, I find it's no difference except colors and zoom :D

Nefertekas
11-28-12, 09:25 AM
Eh? Blue Green and force close? Which's your device?
I play DS (and lot of other games) in my galaxy tab 8.9, It's never happen, neither blue screen nor force close

After downloaded the New Dawn version, I find it's no difference except colors and zoom :D

I have a cr@ppy little phone. Erm, sony ericsson xperia mini or whatever it is.
Well, I think its battery is very short-lived, and it has other things that annoy me...but it's cool for text messages.

makafushigi
11-28-12, 10:18 AM
I use my s3 also.. I haven't had any SIGNIFICANT problems in the original version. But I have gotten the blue screen and this thing where the background gets all warped. My dragons don't seem to mind it though. I tried the New Dawn for Android and the colors just hurt my eyes. And I didn't see any goals or updates. Maybe soon?

darkmountainls
11-28-12, 10:26 AM
BLUE SCREEN IS AN EASY FIX........next time it happens, do as you would when you want to visit a neighbour and then (might aswell play with a few dragons) then simply return home..... simple . Thats what i do everytime i get a blue screen

msvidkiller13
11-28-12, 10:33 AM
I hope that with the announcement that there will be updates today that it will be given to all platforms :) I pay too :)

Cyclohexane
11-28-12, 11:27 AM
I downloaded and it works, but there is no difference (no new quests, buildings, new reward dragons, etc.). It is the same except the graphics blow. I can't stand the horrible bright green and goofy cauliflower growing where rocks used to stand!

[S8] Elsa
11-28-12, 11:40 AM
While not every update includes user facing changes, updates generally fix bugs and improve performance of the game. ^_^

azychan
11-28-12, 08:28 PM
Ha, I just updated the New Dawn, finally, Light tab appeared in Market, yahoo!
But, no new goals or building or something else

MomsHouseofSweets
11-28-12, 08:42 PM
While not every update includes user facing changes, updates generally fix bugs and improve performance of the game. ^_^

Not for me, unfortunately. I had Force Closings and game restarts about 14 times. This is not new ... I've had this problem for quite a while. I just wish I knew if I had anything of the New Dawn updating. If I do, I sure can't tell. I've done everything suggested ... just can't tell.

jrodt333
11-28-12, 09:45 PM
Ha, I just updated the New Dawn, finally, Light tab appeared in Market, yahoo!
But, no new goals or building or something else

Yeah, I think the light dragon tab was the only visible change in the update.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-28-12, 10:43 PM

You're Android? What light dragon tab? I've had a star type tab (last tab on right) in Market ... is that the one you mean?

jrodt333
11-29-12, 12:11 AM
http://www.resizeyourimage.com/upload/editor/12.11.28.1.000.png.jpg?opa=3849.87890010063

This is what I mean. See the white jewel? It was added in the latest update of the New Dawn version. When you tap it, it shows the white element dragons.

azychan
11-29-12, 12:43 AM
In my opinion, the Light tab is a big change that help me not to delete the new dawn that waste my tablet's memory :D
I still keep both DS and New Dawn, but if there's still nothing new, maybe I'll delete one of them

mistral88
11-29-12, 12:49 AM
I tried downloading this on my HTC One X and it doesn't work. The splash screen does not even show and it prompts a force close message after I click the icon. I am using an HTC One X. :(

dseudr
11-29-12, 01:28 PM
From what I've gathered, the new 1.0.5.4.1 update doesn't run on the galaxy s3 and htc one x. It managed to run on my htc desire though not on my s3. Anyone has a gs3 or oneX with different results? hopefully they'll fix it soon.

makafushigi
11-29-12, 01:54 PM
I have an s3.. and for some reason I can't open either game. Is this happening to anyone else?

dseudr
11-30-12, 12:10 AM
I have an s3.. and for some reason I can't open either game. Is this happening to anyone else?

Same, happens to me as well. White screen then auto-exits, so no chance to report. Which version of the s3 are you using?

cleodux
11-30-12, 02:28 AM
what about food and light dragon?

schnellschneckchen
11-30-12, 08:41 AM
Have a quastion...when i delate DS and have just Ds dawn would my all dragons be away or all stay but just in ds dawn? Thought because have not so many place on my sd card..

dragonolic
11-30-12, 08:54 AM
Its so strange to me that they would release the New Dawn for Android at the same time they made New Dawn obsolete by only releasing new content (albums, storage) in the original app.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-30-12, 09:02 AM
Well, it appears that I may as well stop looking/hoping for anything showing up for New Dawn. I use a tablet, not phone and my tablet (Acer) tells me that it's up-to-date. I've got an email into to Support for my tablet, but don't think it will do much. If it's up-to-date, then it's just up-to-date, I guess.

Cyclohexane
11-30-12, 01:14 PM

I understand, but I do not understand why the change in graphics. I like to build interesting cities, along with collecting dragons. Is there anything that can be done about that bright green grass and strange treelike objects. It looks very childish whereas dragon story looks more refined.

It looks like New Dawn was created first....

If new content does come out (i.e. useful buildings), I'm going to be hard pressed to use them because the background is a game changer for me. It literally hurts my eyes to look at it. What were they thinking?

Marty67
11-30-12, 05:56 PM

Why does it get the promising new name "New Dawn" if it's "only" an update for bug fixes? Not that the fixes aren't appreciated but with the new name the people feel like getting *****ed on again since the "New Dawn" goals are still not in it.

jrodt333
11-30-12, 10:11 PM
Another update just came out: 1.0.5.4.2. Supposedly it has performance inprovements and has less force closes. I'm not sure if the update fixed the problem with it not working on some phones.

Cyclohexane
11-30-12, 10:24 PM
They are probably releasing it in small patches. It is actually the best way to release software. They can work out the bugs slowly without a lot of content. Then add a little bit and test.

We are the lab rats. I don't mind helping, but would be better to create a beta test thread. My first suggestion would be to change the old environment textures back.

Then add in one quest at a time. This game could be so much more with a well thought out city / special buildings. Wish it was open source...

jrodt333
12-01-12, 12:04 AM
What I've noticed in the newest version: Light drago tab missing, improved loading speeds, less force closes.

jrodt333
12-01-12, 12:04 AM
Dragon not drago.

dseudr
12-01-12, 12:37 AM
Yep, 1.0.5.4.2 works on the galaxy s3 now, not sure about the oneX. Light dragon tab has been removed but right now it seems more stable than the original DS app.

paradiseisland727
12-01-12, 01:52 AM
This is weird, I just updated 1.0.5.4.2 about an hour ago and the light tab is still there

henrylucky
12-01-12, 01:56 AM
Light dragon tab not removed for me (already updated)

Marty67
12-01-12, 07:44 AM
1.0.5.4.2 runs much better on my HTC Desire with ICS custom rom than the previous version

jrodt333
12-01-12, 08:20 AM
The light tab is back. I guess it was only gone for the first few hours.

jckck
12-01-12, 08:36 AM
I understand, but I do not understand why the change in graphics. I like to build interesting cities, along with collecting dragons. Is there anything that can be done about that bright green grass and strange treelike objects. It looks very childish whereas dragon story looks more refined.

It looks like New Dawn was created first....

If new content does come out (i.e. useful buildings), I'm going to be hard pressed to use them because the background is a game changer for me. It literally hurts my eyes to look at it. What were they thinking?

Im agree with u, its hurt my eyes too and this is just happened to me or anybody else I didn't received the 30 golds for install that new down

jrodt333
12-01-12, 08:49 AM
Im agree with u, its hurt my eyes too and this is just happened to me or anybody else I didn't received the 30 golds for install that new down

No one I know even got a New Dawn download for 30 gold goal, even though we've gotten almost all the other ones.

sunnyk51
12-01-12, 09:29 AM
i updated on android but got alot of forced closes and lockups on game. nothing new thought. guess us little android users are not good enough to get big items

Jessinthecity
12-01-12, 04:49 PM
I have Kindle HD & dont even have the option for an update. TL pulled this in Restaurant Story too (kindle users didnt get the Thanksgiving edition until 2 days before Thanksgiving It's really irritating. According to the posts, Im not missing out on much but it's still just the point...