PDA

View Full Version : Feed the Baron

Pages : [1] 2

bigtail2
11-27-12, 08:11 AM
Anyone done this yet? 10 Prime cuts, 10 truffles, 20 bacon, two hours....the Baron rewards you with a random item. I have done it once and got a superglue in return. Curious to know what the other rewards might be.

queentina3
11-27-12, 10:47 AM
I haven't received that one yet. I'm still working on his 30 truffles and 30 prime cuts quests. He's greedy and wants way too much! :(

marrrina
11-27-12, 11:46 AM
I haven't gotten this yet. I'm on a goal to get 6 truffles and currently have 5. I've never gotten a prime cut :(

midnightmeerkat
11-27-12, 12:22 PM
I haven't gotten this yet. I'm on a goal to get 6 truffles and currently have 5. I've never gotten a prime cut :(

With prime cuts I seem to have a good chance to get 3 when I do the hunt roaming bandits adventure ... Occasionally will get 1 from either a cow or sheep

tiggerhobbes
11-27-12, 08:33 PM
What triggered the quest?

I finished the high steak and truffles goals (got 10 jewels and 2 super glue) but no time-limited goal to feed the glutton yet.

yupiyupigumgum
11-28-12, 12:19 AM
Oh NOO...not another goal with truffle and prime cuts?! Will the Baron be okay if I just feed him spaghetti?

roosfamily
11-28-12, 12:30 AM
With prime cuts I seem to have a good chance to get 3 when I do the hunt roaming bandits adventure ... Occasionally will get 1 from either a cow or sheep

It's a special option inthe kitchen.

rengirl1978
11-28-12, 01:23 AM
...10 Prime cuts, 10 truffles, 20 bacon, two hours....the Baron rewards you with a random item. I have done it once and got a superglue in return...

All of that for superglue?! What a jip!

roosfamily
11-28-12, 02:04 AM

It depends: once i got jewels

tiggerhobbes
12-02-12, 08:52 AM
Finally triggered the recipe. Got a royal beam. For two hours cooking time it's about fair, I'm glad to free up my workshop anyway.

Curious about people who got jewels: how many did you get? (RB is worth 3 jewels so just want to see if I'm "missing out.")

bigtail2
12-04-12, 06:00 AM
Tried again and got jewels. I think it's a lot of resources for what I have received so far, but a royal beam would have been worthwhile.

tiggerhobbes
12-04-12, 07:08 AM
That have me a little puzzled. I did it again and got a royal block and was happy with that. Truffles being the bottle neck I'm about to invest in a few gem-pigs to improve the truffle-prime cut balance in my kingdom, but I don't want to spend gems if I might end up with less valuable resources.

Maybe I should just wait and see what else I get down the road before I invest.

mamareader02
12-04-12, 08:03 AM
Few weeks later-still only 12 outta 30 prime cuts needed...hate this goal

roosfamily
12-04-12, 09:18 AM
The baron gave me fancy block, fancy beam, royal block, super glue, Wisp lantern (twice) ... sometimes he is very generous :)

hopesdragons
12-04-12, 09:31 AM
Does anybody know what triggers the quest? I haven't seen it. (Maybe after I complete the cooking caravan?) I have more than enough prime cute and truffles to hand over to the baron.

kooky panda
12-04-12, 09:33 AM
Does anybody know what triggers the quest? I haven't seen it. (Maybe after I complete the cooking caravan?) I have more than enough prime cute and truffles to hand over to the baron.
I think I got this after collecting from my sheep. (I think:confused:)

tiggerhobbes
12-04-12, 09:40 AM
I don't know what triggered it for me either. I completed the 6 + 30 baron goals (both truffles and prime cuts) and no goal. So I forgot about it. I got about 40 prime cuts and maxed out on bacon when the goal suddenly got triggered, and I was actually collecting from a pig (which gave me a truffle) when it got triggered.

I haven't even got all the trees yet so I don't even have the cooking caravan goal. So I don't think the two are related.

hopesdragons
12-04-12, 05:43 PM
I have no idea how I triggered it, but it finally unlocked for me tonight. Thank goodness, now I can get rid of some of this stuff. I do wish they had put it on the bottom of the Kitchen menu.. I don't like seeing the Baron's face every time I go in there.

jaime3214
12-04-12, 06:28 PM
Anyone done this yet? 10 Prime cuts, 10 truffles, 20 bacon, two hours....the Baron rewards you with a random item. I have done it once and got a superglue in return. Curious to know what the other rewards might be.

That is SO seriously cheap.

yupiyupigumgum
12-04-12, 08:40 PM
The game gave the same Goals to everyone but didn't give the fair chance to get things to complete it. It's like telling your kids to do homeworks but then you hide one of your kid's homework book. And then said 'hey, why don't you do your homework!? Okay, you're grounded '. Doh..

AkumaNeko
12-04-12, 08:54 PM
I got a superglue with the 30 truffles :(

tiggerhobbes
12-04-12, 08:55 PM
I love that everybody have the same limit on resources (gems, energy, buildings) and individual players get to decide how to use these resources. I use my free gems to get animals and ended up with lots of prime cuts and truffles; others use their gems on trees and get the kitchen caravan. Yet others use their gem to speed things up or skip the last item in a goal. Depending on your choices everybody have different kingdoms; some strategies pays off better than others, so there's that little element of competition to it as well, which I enjoy.

I only just completed my tablet of tabernum; I am a long way from getting the purple cow. In the mean time I enjoyed choosing Thurston's chain first which give me a chance to fight trolls and get more glimmer dust; and Thurston's fort occasionally drops swords so that would hopefully save me some precious iron ore. Others might find it more beneficial to have the purple cow and the tablet early on. It's just choices and consequences.

So I think the game will unfold differently for everyone. It's diverse, it's not unfair.

Oh, you're only grounded if you get locked out of the game if you fail to complete a goal within requisite time, *that* would be really really mean, lol.

bigtail2
12-06-12, 02:54 PM
I did it twice more and got wisp lanterns both times. I have a bunch of pigs and sheep, so it is totally worth it to me to turn in the excess for a useful item!

tiggerhobbes
12-06-12, 07:51 PM
Sounds good to me. My workshop is always working over time, so anything to take off the load works for me.

Getting more pigs :-)

nokkha
12-08-12, 07:08 AM
Hi I just finished the rich caravan & the high steaks quests, how do I trigger the next one? Supposed to be the cooking caravan that we have to make 10 pies or something right?

Dreamer691
12-08-12, 06:08 PM
Ooohhh I just completed the 30 prime cuts goal and the Barron gave me 10 gems!!! Couldn't have come at a better time :)

MiniLaura
12-09-12, 09:23 AM
Hi I just finished the rich caravan & the high steaks quests, how do I trigger the next one? Supposed to be the cooking caravan that we have to make 10 pies or something right?
It's not actually part of the caravan goal line. To trigger it, you have to complete the apple pie goal, the lemonade goal, the orange cobbler goal, and the breakfast buffet goal.

nokkha
12-09-12, 09:43 AM
It's not actually part of the caravan goal line. To trigger it, you have to complete the apple pie goal, the lemonade goal, the orange cobbler goal, and the breakfast buffet goal.

Thanks I'm trying to finish the apple pie goal now ^_^

zombiefun
12-09-12, 12:08 PM
Got royal block once and lantern another time.

yupiyupigumgum
12-09-12, 06:29 PM
Oh, you're only grounded if you get locked out of the game if you fail to complete a goal within requisite time, *that* would be really really mean, lol.

i had that. When the goal wanted me to collect hide, my cows didn't give anything else except coins and the stables didn't always drop hide. So, when I only reached 80% , the goal dissappeared saying your time's up and took away all my hides from the storage.

midnightmeerkat
12-09-12, 10:52 PM
What triggers the feed the baron quest? I have sir piggie and have done the 6 truffles and prime cuts, and also the 30 truffles and prime cuts but have not seen a recipe for feed the baron.

freshpickins
12-11-12, 11:08 AM
What triggers the feed the baron quest? I have sir piggie and have done the 6 truffles and prime cuts, and also the 30 truffles and prime cuts but have not seen a recipe for feed the baron.
I just got it from tending to sir piggie when it gave me a truffle. It seemed random because it gave me truffles many times after I completed the earlier quests, so I guess keep petting him?

zombiefun
12-11-12, 11:17 AM
I've got it after getting a truffle from black pig. Out of the blue.

midnightmeerkat
12-11-12, 11:58 AM
I just got it from tending to sir piggie when it gave me a truffle. It seemed random because it gave me truffles many times after I completed the earlier quests, so I guess keep petting him?

Oh I've been so nice to him for weeeeeeeeks, he does give me very nice things so he can be forgiven for not giving me the recipe tho'

freshpickins
12-11-12, 12:53 PM
Oh I've been so nice to him for weeeeeeeeks, he does give me very nice things so he can be forgiven for not giving me the recipe tho'
He will in time, don't worry! I got it when I'm stocked up on truffles, bacon and prime cuts, maybe that'll work? I have a black sheep too, so it gives me extra prime cuts and truffles, good luck!

midnightmeerkat
12-11-12, 01:08 PM
He will in time, don't worry! I got it when I'm stocked up on truffles, bacon and prime cuts, maybe that'll work? I have a black sheep too, so it gives me extra prime cuts and truffles, good luck!

Woohoo!!!! I just got the recipe while collecting my bandits adventure (on my iphone). Must have got truffles or prime cut....... I have a 46 truffles and 20 prime cut in my inventory

freshpickins
12-11-12, 01:13 PM
Congrats :)

douangelll
12-12-12, 07:46 AM
I do think that you get the quest when you collect your 20th prime cut !! that was the case for me

mackbolan
12-12-12, 02:03 PM
What a joke!

10 Sirloins + 10 Truffles + 20 Bacons = [drum roll, please] ONE GLIMMERDUST!!

Team Lava, are you kidding me?

Tassle23
12-12-12, 03:15 PM
What a joke!

10 Sirloins + 10 Truffles + 20 Bacons = [drum roll, please] ONE GLIMMERDUST!!

Team Lava, are you kidding me?

Couldn't agree more! Was excited by this recipe until I got my first single glimmerdust. But I guess there's nothing else to do with these items...

brandonu
12-13-12, 07:58 AM
Just got this option in the kitchen, so I started two of them. I have nothing to with the prime cuts and truffles, so this will be a welcome change once in a while. I'm usually maxed out on bacon.

OpeningCeremony
12-13-12, 11:28 AM
Just got this option in the kitchen, so I started two of them. I have nothing to with the prime cuts and truffles, so this will be a welcome change once in a while. I'm usually maxed out on bacon.

i just got the option in the kitchen too. it was triggered when i collected from my knights hunt roaming bandits. i have completed one feed the baron and i was rewarded with a royal beam! i was worried i was going to get a glimmerdust haha

AkumaNeko
12-13-12, 11:32 AM
I'm still trying to trigger this quest. I'm almost maxed on truffles :/

kooky panda
12-13-12, 11:54 AM
i just got the option in the kitchen too. it was triggered when i collected from my knights hunt roaming bandits. i have completed one feed the baron and i was rewarded with a royal beam! i was worried i was going to get a glimmerdust haha
I got a wisp lantern today!!

zombiefun
12-14-12, 11:21 PM
I've got a jewel. Eww.

nokkha
12-15-12, 11:22 AM
I got wisp lantern and fancy beam today ;)

yupiyupigumgum
12-15-12, 06:03 PM
No feed the baron goal for me. And i got trufles and primecuts almost every day now....just when I don't need them.

maguar
12-15-12, 06:14 PM
No feed the baron goal for me. And i got trufles and primecuts almost every day now....just when I don't need them.

I'm working on a theory that we need to have a certain amount of each before we get the goal. Will let you know if this works for me.

yupiyupigumgum
12-15-12, 06:25 PM
Thanks maguar. You're very kind. You have to deal with players complaints and problems everyday without payment, while TL gets all the profits without doing anything to fix it. I do hope you have a wonderful loving real life :)

moda999
12-16-12, 12:34 AM
I'm working on a theory that we need to have a certain amount of each before we get the goal. Will let you know if this works for me.

I got this goal today and when checking notice I have 20 prime cuts. Think someone mentioned earlier this may be the trigger for the goal so perhaps they are right. Only have 6 prime cuts on other device so will look out for this possible magic 20 there too.

caramel114
12-16-12, 03:36 PM
I got this goal today and when checking notice I have 20 prime cuts. Think someone mentioned earlier this may be the trigger for the goal so perhaps they are right. Only have 6 prime cuts on other device so will look out for this possible magic 20 there too.

I hope 20 is the magic number. I just need 3 more prime cuts and will hopefully activate this goal.

maguar
12-16-12, 03:42 PM
I hope 20 is the magic number. I just need 3 more prime cuts and will hopefully activate this goal.

I've currently got 24 prime cuts and 19 truffles. Hopefully 1 more truffle will trigger it.

nokkha
12-16-12, 04:12 PM
Mine triggered when I received 25th prime cuts from the sheep. Best of luck to you all!! ^_^

caramel114
12-16-12, 04:21 PM
I've currently got 24 prime cuts and 19 truffles. Hopefully 1 more truffle will trigger it.

I would gladly give you truffles if I could. I have 87 lying in my inventory

maguar
12-16-12, 04:49 PM
I would gladly give you truffles if I could. I have 87 lying in my inventory

Thanks for the offer :)

AkumaNeko
12-16-12, 05:03 PM
Lol same here. I had been maxed on truffles for almost 1 week but am low on prime cuts

maguar
12-16-12, 06:13 PM
Just hit 20 truffles but no goal. Maybe it's higher? I wish I hadn't of done the 30 prime cut and truffle couples at different times.

nokkha
12-16-12, 06:16 PM
Just hit 20 truffles but no goal. Maybe it's higher? I wish I hadn't of done the 30 prime cut and truffle couples at different times.

You probably will get it when you have 25 prime cuts like me ^^ (crossing my fingers for ya!)

maguar
12-16-12, 08:11 PM
Was collecting from my animals and got some bacon and a truffle when the goal triggered. I had 24 prime cuts, 21 truffles and 73 bacon.

wealthyrich
12-16-12, 09:38 PM
Does the goal appear in the left hand corner book icon?

maguar
12-16-12, 09:53 PM

No. When you get it there's some dialogue with the baron and then he gives you a new recipe in the kitchen.

yupiyupigumgum
12-17-12, 02:40 AM
Is 'feed the baron' kinda like adventure? You know, we can click it anytime and then get something wow from it when finished?

maguar
12-17-12, 02:45 AM
Is 'feed the baron' kinda like adventure? You know, we can click it anytime and then get something wow from it when finished?

It's a recipe but instead of getting a food dish you get a random item.

moda999
12-17-12, 02:43 PM

If I remember correctly a series of messages appear showing the Baron etc and indicating the recipe has been added to your recipes so when you click on your kitchen it appears first in the list above flour.

moda999
12-17-12, 02:44 PM
Maguar I type too slowly lol.

maguar
12-17-12, 03:13 PM
If I remember correctly a series of messages appear showing the Baron etc and indicating the recipe has been added to your recipes so when you click on your kitchen it appears first in the list above flour.

You remember correctly

Maguar I type too slowly lol.

I do 2 finger typing on the iPad so that's slower too.

pun8
12-18-12, 12:13 AM
I got superglue once and last time just a fancy beam ! What a waste! Nothing if value at all. Piggleworth gifts better!

FridayFreckled
12-19-12, 08:08 AM
I don't think you have to have all of them. I have not completed the apple pie goal yet. I have an orange tree and a lemon tree, so I've done cobbler and lemonade. But no apple tree yet, so I'm slowly acquiring apples from Sir Pigglesworth. I've also made one breakfast buffet. No pie.

And I just used up my excess truffles/bacon/prime cuts on a couple of Feed The Baron runs in the kitchens. Got a superglue and a fancy block. Fine by me - I wasn't doing anything else with those things, and was hoping they could go towards something useful. :)

I would love to know if there's any point to making more Breakfast Buffets, or cobblers, or lemonade, though.

sweetthing1
12-19-12, 09:00 AM

I got it after collecting from my sheep too....so this might be the trigger:)

maguar
12-19-12, 02:13 PM
I got it after collecting from my sheep too....so this might be the trigger:)

I don't have a sheep. It is starting to look like you need to have a certain amount of truffles and primecuts though.

caramel114
12-19-12, 02:41 PM
I unlocked it today after collecting my 20th prime cut. Maxed out on bacon and truffles. 20 was the magic number for me =)

benbever
12-20-12, 05:32 AM
I don't have that goal/recipe yet.
I have 32 prime steaks, 32 truffles and 99 bacon.

I have 3 pink pigs, 2 black pigs, Sir Pigglesworth, 3 regular cows, 1 royal cow and the purple one, and also 2 hatcheries and 1 stable.
I have NO sheep.

I have done all available goals, except for the lemonade goal. I'm almost done with that one.
I don't click on my animals, except for the royal cow and sir pigglesworth. Those two are steadily filling my inventory with prime cuts and truffles.

nokkha
12-20-12, 08:32 PM
I don't have that goal/recipe yet.
I have 32 prime steaks, 32 truffles and 99 bacon.

I have 3 pink pigs, 2 black pigs, Sir Pigglesworth, 3 regular cows, 1 royal cow and the purple one, and also 2 hatcheries and 1 stable.
I have NO sheep.

I have done all available goals, except for the lemonade goal. I'm almost done with that one.
I don't click on my animals, except for the royal cow and sir pigglesworth. Those two are steadily filling my inventory with prime cuts and truffles.

You might wanna get a sheep I got the goal from the sheep and I read that few people got from it too... Good luck! :)

cloudsail
12-21-12, 02:39 AM
I think it's totally random. I just got it after collecting my 21st prime cut.

benbever
12-21-12, 07:20 AM
did you collect the prime cut form a sheep?
Maybe you have a chance at getting the goal after collecting a prime cut from a sheep.
(I never got a sheep since it can't give me anything useful)

cloudsail
12-21-12, 07:25 AM
I did collect from a sheep, but I think other people on this thread have gotten it after collecting from an adventure or sir piggy.

Tassle23
12-21-12, 11:22 AM
I got it after collecting a prime cut from a sheep... It's worthless anyway. I've only got single glimmerdusts from it.

teduw
12-21-12, 01:06 PM
I finish collecting my 30 truffle and 30 prime cut quest . After I had 25 truffle and 25 prime cut in my inventory you will be able to craft Feed the Baron in you kitchen. For 10 truffle , 10 prime cut and 20 bacon the Baron will randomly give you something. This will take two hours. The first item I got from the baron was a royal block.

benbever
12-23-12, 11:39 AM
I got the Feed the Baron recipe after collecting my 39th truffle from a pink or black pig. (I still had no sheep.) I had 43 prime cut at the time.
It looks like it's a random chance when collecting a truffle or prime cut.

kopitownhk
12-23-12, 08:21 PM

I got my first "reward" - it was a fancy beam!

rengirl1978
12-23-12, 10:45 PM
I have the option for this in my kitchen, but I do not have a sheep.

longislandny
12-24-12, 12:29 AM
I got my first "reward" - it was a fancy beam!

I got a glimmerdust once and a royal block once

rengirl1978
12-24-12, 01:55 AM
I got a glimmerdust once and a royal block once

I have gotten 5 gems a couple of times!

rengirl1978
12-24-12, 01:57 AM
Oh! Nevermind! I have gotten the gems from Sir Piggie... not this one! Sorry!

floramina
12-24-12, 04:33 PM
I got the Feed the Baron recipe after collecting from an adventure. The first reward I got from this recipe is a jewel.

fondants
12-24-12, 05:18 PM
Finally got it! 20th prime cut from a sheep (though I've gotten others from cows, royal cow, adventure before), midway through level 25, midway through the kitchen caravan. I have 92 truffles.

arale_norimaki
12-27-12, 02:09 AM
I got it too!
It was my 20th prime cut from a sheep, too :) I had 20 truffles, aprox. 50 bacon, am at level 23, still at the rich windbag caravan (I keep using my jewels, lol!)

WendyCroy
12-27-12, 07:14 AM
I've just done it for the first time, and it gave me a Builder's Paste :-)

arale_norimaki
12-27-12, 07:33 AM
FYI

My first rewards were a super glue and a fancy block

tankerslacers
12-27-12, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=caramel114;489787]I hope 20 is the magic number. I just need 3

tankerslacers
12-27-12, 11:41 PM
Sorry about post above...
I just got Feed the Baron today. I've been done with all other goals for quite a while. Don't know what triggered it, but I've had 50+ Prime Cuts for quite a while so it didn't trigger at 20 for me, anyway.
I've completed the Feed the Baron one time and got 2 energy for it - yes, that's right - 2 energy! I had to come here to check out what others have been getting with the Feed the Baron to see if it was worth trying again. A lantern - now, THAT would make me happy! I'll give it another try or two.

silvery14
12-27-12, 11:47 PM
I just got it today, not sure what triggered it but here are the number of items I was holding

55 prime
44 truffles
89 bacon

scottyhaha
12-28-12, 09:15 AM
Still waiting

salamander2007
12-29-12, 03:36 AM
For me it was started right after maguar answer my question about truffle and prime cuts in another thread.
Coincidence?

scottyhaha
12-29-12, 11:51 AM
All that for a glimmer dust

arale_norimaki
12-29-12, 12:33 PM
Lol!

I finally got 10 prime cuts, tried the recipe and... Got a fancy beam

Lame!!!

silvery14
12-29-12, 10:33 PM
My first and second reward was Super Glue, then a Royal Beam. I guess this quest is just very random, I don't know whether it's worth it anymore haha

123sooz
01-01-13, 09:46 AM
I got this recipe yesterday I completed it once and today the recipe is gone. Has that happened to a gone else? I got a fancy block.

123sooz
01-01-13, 10:42 AM
Never mind it's back : )

knyberg
01-01-13, 11:07 AM
I got one glimmerdust!!! Cheap baron!!!

arale_norimaki
01-01-13, 11:11 AM
Guess what I got this time? BREAD
I hope inthe next update we get goals to kick out the baron, he is the worst!

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 03:23 AM
Today's: builder's paste.
At least to make one of those you need 29 buckets of sap, 12 glimmerdusts, 25 pieces of wood and 2 buckets of water. I guess it is a good reward :)

arale_norimaki
01-04-13, 03:50 AM
Today's: glimmerdust.
Honestly, I am feeding this greedy baron only because Ihave no other use for prime cuts and truffles :(

gwcastle
01-04-13, 02:26 PM
I just triggered the recipe today since I have a good stock of prime cut and truffle. I am in the process of feeding the baron (two kitchen running at the same time). I will post what I got later.

scottyhaha
01-04-13, 09:56 PM
Today's: glimmerdust.
Honestly, I am feeding this greedy baron only because Ihave no other use for prime cuts and truffles :(

Ikr even my sir piggy gives 2 dusts

NanaCanna
01-04-13, 10:24 PM
Yes, I have fed the baron on several occasions & the best thing I've ever got is the royal beam. I think it's such a waste, now the only time I feed him is when I am maxed out on prime cuts. I'm losing interest in Castle, which makes me sad cuz it was my favorite game. But now I have finished all the goals, leveled to 30 & expanded as big as I can. I have also found a few big rubies, I've got 12 gold nuggets, 11 golden eggs, & at least 3 golden apples. which I've never been able to use since the 1st apple for Sir Pigglesworth. I even go on a new adventure each day. So now what? Is it going to just sit there collect item & cash like Pet Hotel? Makes me sad. I am almost maxed out on everything in storage. So what's next?

xtcinla11
01-05-13, 11:55 AM
I got a wisp lantern today (much better than the fancy beam I got last time)

midnightmeerkat
01-05-13, 12:35 PM
Yes, I have fed the baron on several occasions & the best thing I've ever got is the royal beam. I think it's such a waste, now the only time I feed him is when I am maxed out on prime cuts. I'm losing interest in Castle, which makes me sad cuz it was my favorite game. But now I have finished all the goals, leveled to 30 & expanded as big as I can. I have also found a few big rubies, I've got 12 gold nuggets, 11 golden eggs, & at least 3 golden apples. which I've never been able to use since the 1st apple for Sir Pigglesworth. I even go on a new adventure each day. So now what? Is it going to just sit there collect item & cash like Pet Hotel? Makes me sad. I am almost maxed out on everything in storage. So what's next?

Update coming...... "Soon"

NanaCanna
01-05-13, 09:45 PM
I'm so excited! I can hardly wait!! I do love this game & I hate to be one of the ranters but all I kept thinking is how TL gave up on the original city story, then pet hotel. Does anyone know when the update is coming out? I have so many rare & different items in Castle I'd love to be able to put to use in there.

arale_norimaki
01-06-13, 09:39 AM
Today's reward from the baron: superglue

zombiefun
01-06-13, 10:15 AM
Guys, how you manage to get so many truffles for this recipe? I am struggling to collect 10 once in three-four days.

scottyhaha
01-06-13, 10:36 AM
Guys, how you manage to get so many truffles for this recipe? I am struggling to collect 10 once in three-four days.

Get more pigs

arale_norimaki
01-06-13, 10:44 AM

Do you have Sir Piggy? He gives a lot of them! I am always short of prime cuts, actually ;)

zombiefun
01-07-13, 01:17 AM
I have sir Piggy, white pig, two pink pig and 7 black pigs. Still low on truffles. Have a black and white sheep and prime cuts always around 50. Black sheep gives meat every time.

arale_norimaki
01-07-13, 02:36 AM
I have sir Piggy, white pig, two pink pig and 7 black pigs. Still low on truffles. Have a black and white sheep and prime cuts always around 50. Black sheep gives meat every time.

That shows how random it is ;) See, we have almost the same animals:
I have Sir Piggy, one white pig, two pink pigs and one black pig. Sir Piggy gives me aprox. 4 truffles a day (1 out 4 collections from him a get a truffle). Then everytime I collect from the other pigs at least one of them drops a truffle (the white one, more often, but not that much).
For prime cuts, I have a black sheep (I do confirm it drops prime cuts everytime, but you can collect from it every 4 hours only), a white sheep (since I got the black one it rarely drops any meat) and a white cow (prime cuts are rare, but I can collect every hour so at the end of the day the drop rate is similar to the white sheep's).

Good luck with your truffles! I wish I could give you some of mine :(

wassupbaby
01-07-13, 04:11 AM
I have too many prime cuts and truffles but dont have enough bacon -.-' i only have sir piggy, 1 back pig and one royal pig to produce bacon. I've been doing the 1st adventure hoping that im gonna get a pink pig to help me with bacon but the adventure rewarded me another white sheep instead of pink pig. What the freak =.=

scottyhaha
01-07-13, 06:02 AM
I have too many prime cuts and truffles but dont have enough bacon -.-' i only have sir piggy, 1 back pig and one royal pig to produce bacon. I've been doing the 1st adventure hoping that im gonna get a pink pig to help me with bacon but the adventure rewarded me another white sheep instead of pink pig. What the freak =.=

Get more black pig. Alway drops bacon

wassupbaby
01-07-13, 07:03 AM
Get more black pig. Alway drops bacon

The thing is i just dont want to have a duplicate pig >.<

arale_norimaki
01-07-13, 07:50 AM

What about stables? Do you have two? Mine always drops bacon!

arale_norimaki
01-07-13, 07:51 AM
Oh, I forgot... I got my second pink pig from the second adventure :(

scottyhaha
01-07-13, 09:08 AM
The thing is i just dont want to have a duplicate pig >.<
You alway can put it back in the inventory after getting all the bacons. Better to buy more black pig for bacon then wait on something that's rarely drop.

wassupbaby
01-07-13, 09:18 AM
You alway can put it back in the inventory after getting all the bacons. Better to buy more black pig for bacon then wait on something that's rarely drop.

If i bought another black pig then soon i gonna have tons of bacon and not enough prime cuts and truffes :)Since the recipe is just a bonus thing to me so im just gonna take it slow.
@arale : yup, i got 2 stables looooong time ago , i might buy a pink pig cuz it's quite cheap .

arale_norimaki
01-07-13, 02:10 PM
And today's lame reward from the baron was... Glimmerdust!
Seriously, how come I never get a lantern?

xtcinla11
01-07-13, 03:07 PM
Today's reward from the baron was a royal beam

cymoril69
01-08-13, 08:12 PM
I've actually gotten a wisp lantern...once out of about 8 feeds. Pretty psyched about that one.

arale_norimaki
01-08-13, 11:58 PM
i might buy a pink pig cuz it's quite cheap .

I just realized my pink pigs sometimes give me two bacons (my albino pig does two, only more often)

arale_norimaki
01-09-13, 01:12 AM
Today's reward: builder's paste

xtcinla11
01-09-13, 03:25 PM
Yesterday's reward wasn't so good, 1 jewel. Some are good, some not so good, and then some are great - just the luck of the draw. I'll keep feeding the baron!

arale_norimaki
01-09-13, 03:35 PM
Me too, I have nothing else to do :-P

wassupbaby
01-09-13, 03:58 PM
Ok i'll join you guys from today :P i'll report my reward in 1 hr
@arale : my royal pig sometime gives 4 bacons heheheh . Btw i just felt into a gem trap so no pink pig for me .yay :(

arale_norimaki
01-09-13, 04:05 PM
Btw i just felt into a gem trap so no pink pig for me .yay :(

Ohhhh :( :( :( I am so sorry to read that, I HATE when that happens!

wassupbaby
01-09-13, 05:50 PM
Today's reward : 1 jewel . Ughh

gwcastle
01-09-13, 05:58 PM
I only got glimmerdusts (most often reward), simple glue, and super glue so far.

wassupbaby
01-10-13, 07:49 AM
Another round : royal block :)

onemansmiracle
01-10-13, 07:58 AM
Oh,we should stop feed the baron,seriously!look at him! He needs to lose some weight! ;)

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 08:12 AM
TL should have a new recipe: "Put the baron on a diet" using Tomato, cabbage, water. We are going to **** the man with all this red meat (or is it the goal?).

badger8
01-10-13, 09:03 AM
Yesterday: 1 glimmer dust.
Today: 1 glimmer dust.

I think my baron is going on a diet too.

onemansmiracle
01-10-13, 09:12 AM
Poor guy, that's why a hospital was in a suggestion poll last time, to save this soul. He is too young to die with all those free gems to give ;)

xtcinla11
01-10-13, 11:41 AM
Today's reward, just a fancy beam

OpeningCeremony
01-10-13, 12:33 PM
i've gotten 2 wisp lanterns from feed the baron so far, and i've also gotten royal block/beam, fancy block/beam, but sometimes jewels. haven't gotten a glimmerdust yet

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 12:47 PM
I don't think we are feeding the same baron! Yours is not... Greedy!

OpeningCeremony
01-10-13, 01:38 PM
I don't think we are feeding the same baron! Yours is not... Greedy!

haha yes mine is on the nicer side :) but on the flipside, i get really bad results from the knights' adventures. i keep doing the middle one (hunt roaming bandits) and today all i got was 120 coins, 9 energy, and 3 prime cuts @_@

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 02:46 PM
Agreed, that adventure rewards were... greedy ;)

arale_norimaki
01-11-13, 04:19 AM
My greedy baron gave me one superglue.
This is so funny!

wassupbaby
01-11-13, 01:36 PM
I just got a builder's paste so yayy :)

wassupbaby
01-12-13, 01:23 PM
Today reward : wisp lantern yay (3s) then syncing .... Checked inventory..... Nothing ..... Grrrrrrr

kooky panda
01-12-13, 05:23 PM
Today reward : wisp lantern yay (3s) then syncing .... Checked inventory..... Nothing ..... Grrrrrrr
If you are not receiving your items please see thread.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44237-Feed-the-Baron-finished-Game-break-down&p=514145&viewfull=1#post514145

wassupbaby
01-13-13, 02:59 AM
I've aready seen and posted in this thread . Now i dont know if i should feed the baron again or wait till the bug is fixed -.-

arale_norimaki
01-13-13, 03:59 AM
So far, I am not having problems with the adventures. However, I am not trying the Baron, he really hates me and I am afraid he would attack me and pretend it was the glitch's fault...

wassupbaby
01-13-13, 09:07 AM
Tried again , fancy beam in my inventory , uffff :)

onemansmiracle
01-14-13, 09:56 AM
baron just gave me 1 lantern yesterday,as I threatened him that it was his last meal before i feed him to my sir piggy..... So he finally yielded. And I saw more from his pocket ;)

wassupbaby
01-14-13, 10:25 AM
Just got 1 jewel from the baron and noticed it said 1 jewels :)

sluppies
01-15-13, 10:43 AM
Ha I just completed the feed the baron and got a great big nothing!!!

arale_norimaki
01-30-13, 08:11 AM
I put the Baron on a diet for two weeks and today I decided to feed him again because I don't want to max out on cuts and truffles. Guess what he gave me... 2 glimmerdusts!!!

onemansmiracle
01-30-13, 08:16 AM
I put the Baron on a diet for two weeks and today I decided to feed him again because I don't want to max out on cuts and truffles. Guess what he gave me... 2 glimmerdusts!!!
Oh,lucky you,you have 2 glimmer dusts at one drop? My last 4 records were 1 dust,1dust,1 jewel,and 1 of nothing ;) he's pushing my tolerance way too far

arale_norimaki
01-30-13, 08:32 AM
Oh,lucky you,you have 2 glimmer dusts at one drop? My last 4 records were 1 dust,1dust,1 jewel,and 1 of nothing ;) he's pushing my tolerance way too far

Oh no, I got 1 gd + 1 gd! I used to get superglue or gd before I stopped feeding him, this is really useless :( My best reward ever was a builder's paste. What about you, any lucky reward ever?

onemansmiracle
01-30-13, 09:12 AM
Oh no, I got 1 gd + 1 gd! I used to get superglue or gd before I stopped feeding him, this is really useless :( My best reward ever was a builder's paste. What about you, any lucky reward ever?
yes,the goodies he gave to me includes 1 builder's paste,2 lanterns,and 2 enchanted items,and some less worth items...I guess it's like 1 goodie in 5 garbages ;)

lotuskat
01-30-13, 09:16 AM
I still haven't triggered this quest (lvl 27). (;_;)

arale_norimaki
01-30-13, 12:20 PM
@onemansmiracle: that is not bad!! I think my results are more 1 miracle over 10, he really hates me!

@lotuskat: keep collecting your cuts and truffles, it will pop up at one point!

zombiefun
01-30-13, 12:52 PM
I noticed some correlation between feed the baron reward and whatever is being crafted in your workshop or potionshop. It is not the direct copying but if you crafting something rather usual (not lanterns or wisps though, not too simple like simple block or simple glue) probably you will get the same from the baron.

justk9188
01-30-13, 06:13 PM
We all know how is Baron, right ?
Don't expect he treats you kindly :(
Now he's just a tool to reduce 3 item needed for his meal when they're nearly full.

arale_norimaki
01-30-13, 06:53 PM
I noticed some correlation between feed the baron reward and whatever is being crafted in your workshop or potionshop. It is not the direct copying but if you crafting something rather usual (not lanterns or wisps though, not too simple like simple block or simple glue) probably you will get the same from the baron.

That doesn't work for me. I am crafting lanterns or wisps all the time. He gives me gd no matter what :(

CoreysDrags
01-30-13, 07:56 PM
I've fed this fat bugger at least a dozen times and the best he's given me is an enchanted beam. Usually it's glue or some other junk tho.

I think I'm done feeding his piehole.

onemansmiracle
01-31-13, 04:32 AM
He only gave me a fancy block today, however sir pig gave me 5 gems,it's golden ;)

lollyloo123
01-31-13, 04:41 AM
I think I'm done feeding his piehole.

Love it lol.

wassupbaby
01-31-13, 02:10 PM
For the last 2 days i got 2 lanterns and some fancy beam , he's being nice to me :)

brandonu
01-31-13, 02:19 PM
He is basically useless, but I need to do something with my inventory. I guess I am the fool for catering to his desires. I think I have Stockholm syndrome.

blurbie
02-04-13, 09:53 PM
Today I fed the Baron and got 0 from him! What a waste of truffles and bacons!!! I got nothing!

onemansmiracle
02-04-13, 11:30 PM
After a week of garbage,he gave me a lantern today,maybe that's because I put some rat tails in his meal? ;)

dawnmaggie
02-05-13, 08:12 AM
I have yet to receive anything from the Baron. I've tried this recipe four times and never receive anything.

PikaSquirrel
02-05-13, 05:02 PM
Please keep mind that you do not get a super rare items each time, sometimes you will get a Fancy Beams and other times you may get Glimmerdust.

You may be losing items due to a sync error. To avoid these errors, please make sure you are connected to stable internet connection.

elaur
02-13-13, 06:40 PM
Thanks for whoever helped me! I got the quest soon after posting (in another thread). I had 50 each and 99 bacon.

iLLUMI2012
02-14-13, 08:30 AM
Considering Prime Cuts are rare and difficult to get, I would expect something better than 1 x Glimer Dust which I can get very easily either from mushrooms or gifting. Seems a waste of 10 x Prime Cuts.
Oh well.

absolute46
02-14-13, 07:59 PM
So once the option to feed the baron pops up in your kitchen you can do it multiple times? I wouldn't say it's a waste, I bought animals to finish the earlier baron quests and now the meat has been piling up... This option finally popped up in my kitchen :)

absolute46
02-14-13, 07:59 PM
Considering Prime Cuts are rare and difficult to get, I would expect something better than 1 x Glimer Dust which I can get very easily either from mushrooms or gifting. Seems a waste of 10 x Prime Cuts.
Oh well.

What else would you do with them?

lotuskat
02-26-13, 06:59 AM
Hmm...I just fed the Baron and got nothing! (;_;) I didn't lose the items from the workshops I tapped before and after tapping on the kitchen that had completed the Feed the Baron recipe. I checked my inventory, and there's nothing new (aside from the one stone block and wooden beam that I just got from the workshops. What gives?

wassupbaby
02-26-13, 07:41 AM
Oh i think you just got the ultra rare invisible item. Congrats ! :D

lotuskat
02-26-13, 07:49 AM
Oh i think you just got the ultra rare invisible item. Congrats ! :D

ROFL! It'll go towards my invisible Alicorn that gives me an extra synch error every week.

wassupbaby
02-26-13, 09:46 AM
LOL You have an invisible Alicorn too ? *high 5* does yours give invisible extra energy like mine ? :D

lotuskat
02-26-13, 10:54 AM
LOL You have an invisible Alicorn too ? *high 5* does yours give invisible extra energy like mine ? :D

No :( It just makes more ads from the Baron pop up.

iLLUMI2012
02-27-13, 07:03 AM
What else would you do with them?

The point I was making is difficulty vs. reward. I can spend 1 or 2 energy to get 1 glimmer dust in a few seconds. All the time and effort it takes to collect the Prime Cuts, Truffles etc then to wait 2 hours for the Baron to only give me back a single measely GD isn't justifiable. If he gave me a rare item, perhaps one that is needed for a particular adventure then that would be sensible and fair.

Besides, I need both kitchens for cooking food to feed my knights on their adventure to find me Alicorn parts and gems and animals. :D So FTB really isn't worth it.

elaur
02-27-13, 09:06 AM
I got one glimmer dust this week too. Was like a cruel joke. Even sir piggy drops better than that.

elaur
02-27-13, 09:07 AM
(Everything else I've gotten has been pretty good).

sollia
03-12-13, 01:03 PM
How do I trigger this? I have tons of truffles and prime cuts.

maguar
03-12-13, 02:43 PM
Just keep collecting them and you'll get the recipe in the special section of your kitchen. We're not sure on the exact amounts to trigger it.

vchanhs
03-13-13, 08:58 PM
Just got the recipe after collecting a truffle. I have 39 prime cuts after completing the 30 prime cut quest and 27 truffles before completing the 30 truffles quest.

Falconera
03-14-13, 03:18 AM
I just finished the recipe and got no gift at all... weird

jalezariqi
03-14-13, 03:25 AM
I have a problem. I am at level 12 and i haven't a homemade sword to fight with the first skunkupine. Old thomas is frozen. How can i get a homemade sword? I support my problem to teamlava but they couldn't help me. I hope anyone can help me..

maguar
03-14-13, 03:34 AM
I have a problem. I am at level 12 and i haven't a homemade sword to fight with the first skunkupine. Old thomas is frozen. How can i get a homemade sword? I support my problem to teamlava but they couldn't help me. I hope anyone can help me..

Can you acess your workshop to craft the sword? It only takes 1 minute to work

jalezariqi
03-14-13, 03:49 AM
In my workshop isn't a homemade sword

jalezariqi
03-14-13, 03:52 AM
Can you acess your workshop to craft the sword? It only takes 1 minute to work
No i can't acces.

maguar
03-14-13, 04:03 AM
No i can't acces.

Ok there are two options. The first is to build a second workshop. You'll be needing this down the track anyway. The second is to email support@teamlava.com with your game, ID and ask them to remove the beast as its blocking your workshop.

jalezariqi
03-14-13, 05:52 AM
Ok there are two options. The first is to build a second workshop. You'll be needing this down the track anyway. The second is to email support@teamlava.com with your game, ID and ask them to remove the beast as its blocking your workshop.
Thank you for your answer. I send now the email to teamlva.
I have a second workshop. It's the same.. I don't know why..
So i still waiting to the answer from teamlava.

OpeningCeremony
03-14-13, 10:10 AM
just got a glimmerdust from feed the baron but i was already maxed. so now i have 101 glimmerdust in my inventory!

maguar
03-14-13, 02:52 PM
Thank you for your answer. I send now the email to teamlva.
I have a second workshop. It's the same.. I don't know why..
So i still waiting to the answer from teamlava.

And you've tried clicking on the beast and it tells you you need to craft a sword? Or is the monster appearing outside of where you've expanded? Also is it a skunkupine or a lovecupine?

elaur
03-15-13, 08:48 AM
Is that how I ended up with 100 glimmerdust!!?!?

maguar
03-15-13, 02:51 PM
You can end up with 100 or more if you have 98 and craft 2 at the same time, or you delay accepting gifts till you hit 99, or you get the item from feed the baron.

wassupbaby
03-17-13, 07:28 AM
I just got sth called Favor as reward from feed the baron. But then i checked my inventory and it's not there even after restarting my game. I'm not gonna email TL for that , just want to know if anyone else got the same item and might post a pic.

elaur
03-17-13, 07:38 AM
I want to start keeping track of what feed the baron drops. Is there anyone that already did it and has a list somewhere? I should check maguar's info sheet.

onemansmiracle
03-17-13, 11:24 AM
I just got sth called Favor as reward from feed the baron. But then i checked my inventory and it's not there even after restarting my game. I'm not gonna email TL for that , just want to know if anyone else got the same item and might post a pic.

I sometimes got empty handed after feed him,literally nothing,maybe that's called favor ?

wassupbaby
03-17-13, 02:31 PM
I sometimes got empty handed after feed him,literally nothing,maybe that's called favor ?

Lol. Favor = nothing ? It's really my pleasure feeding him :S

maguar
03-18-13, 02:23 AM
I want to start keeping track of what feed the baron drops. Is there anyone that already did it and has a list somewhere? I should check maguar's info sheet.

I've add a new sheet where people can add this info

rw70078
03-18-13, 08:37 AM
Has anyone gotten their sheep from an adventure? If so, which one? I don't think I want to spend my gems on sheep...

OpeningCeremony
03-18-13, 10:25 AM
Has anyone gotten their sheep from an adventure? If so, which one? I don't think I want to spend my gems on sheep...

i've gotten one white sheep and two black sheep from the exploring dark caves adventure. if you want a sheep i recommend doing that one. but you probably have to do it daily because crate items (animals, plants, decorations, dark cave formation, etc.) are rare to get.

hartland53
03-19-13, 03:14 PM
Feed the Baron was triggered for me today after tending my one sheep. I had enough truffles, prime cuts and bacon in inventory to make it twice. I received one Fancy Beam and one 'Favor' which does not show up in my inventory. I have read through the whole thread and don't see any mention of the favor until the latest posts. Is this something new and does it have a purpose?

kooky panda
03-19-13, 04:22 PM
Feed the Baron was triggered for me today after tending my one sheep. I had enough truffles, prime cuts and bacon in inventory to make it twice. I received one Fancy Beam and one 'Favor' which does not show up in my inventory. I have read through the whole thread and don't see any mention of the favor until the latest posts. Is this something new and does it have a purpose?

I am not sure what this is.
What did it look like?
I will see if I can get any info on this.

hartland53
03-19-13, 04:54 PM
The Favor didn't look like anything. It was more like the floating experience star. Just said " + Favor ". Nothing showed up in my inventory except the fancy beam from my first kitchen.

vchanhs
03-19-13, 06:50 PM
Maybe in future updates we will have a reputation race with the baron to fight for the throne. Lol, just my speculation.

onemansmiracle
03-19-13, 07:25 PM
Maybe Baron will fall in love with you....... When Favor+++++++. ;)

wassupbaby
03-20-13, 03:32 PM
Is it a joke ?? I got Favor again :|

sdwombat
03-21-13, 07:15 AM
I just finally triggered the recipe (@ 20 prime cuts--had 99 truffles, and 44 bacon), and was glad to have a reason to use this stuff up. I seem to get way more prime cuts now that those goals have been met, and truffles have NEVER been a rare drop. Anyway, I got a super glue and a royal beam, both things I can definitely use, and which saved me time & resources to craft. For the investment, was a better return than my Hunt the Roaming Bandits knights-I got another stinking truffle, plus a royal beam, fancy block, 8 energy, and a jewel. I have lots of hearty feasts made up, but they are going to have to rely on Thurston's free longswords. I am not wasting precious time & resources to craft them for them.

elaur
03-21-13, 08:21 AM
Would be great if they did recipes that give you stuff with other items that just sit around doing nothing (like fruit)

catcrack
04-04-13, 11:55 AM
I've gotten a couple if favors owed to me from the Baron, not in the inventory but be assured, I'll call those favors in one day.

shbrown_2002
04-11-13, 06:32 AM
I've done this several times now. Today I didn't get anything. Just clicked on the checkbox and nothing popped out. And no message that I was maxed out on what he intended to give to me. Has this every happened to anyone else?

elaur
04-11-13, 08:15 AM
Too bad the baron recipe overlaps with the royal exchange. Now I'm maxed out on prime cuts :0

rubyjeen
04-11-13, 08:56 AM
I just got a wisp lantern from feed the baron. Very handy cuz I'm trying to get to the troll king spot now that I have excalibum

ShortyKianna
04-11-13, 08:54 PM
Finally unlocked it and what does the cheap Baron give me? 1 lousy jewel (not a gem) not to be confused but a jewel , the ones you use for royal blocks & beams & for the swords. Yeah, could have picked at a rock & I'm sure I would have gotten it no prob. Can't believe I wasted all those truffles and primecuts for that. Urghh!

lotuskat
04-12-13, 06:46 AM
Yeah, the Baron is kind of lousy all around! Once in a blue moon he'll give me a Royal Beam or something. I'm keeping the Bacon for the Royal Exchange!

freesiawoods
04-12-13, 10:20 AM
I've done this several times now. Today I didn't get anything. Just clicked on the checkbox and nothing popped out. And no message that I was maxed out on what he intended to give to me. Has this every happened to anyone else?

Maybe he gave energy. In my first shot at this I think I got a few energy, like three or five.

queenofpolharcity
04-15-13, 08:46 AM

I have done this several times. I've gotten jewels, a Royal Block, Enchanted Beam, Super Glue, Earth Wisp -- and then repeated some of the cheaper items like glue more than once. I don't really work toward it, but the items just make their way into the Kitchen when the pigs give bacon and truffles. Cows and sheep drop prime cuts, then when they add up enough, I click on the option in the Kitchen and in 2 hours I get a groovy little prize!

Banbridge
04-15-13, 11:33 AM
I got a glimmerdust. Not worth the trouble.

1Murphy1
05-11-13, 05:30 PM
I just got it completed , I received super glue also, this was just the first time.

1Murphy1
05-11-13, 05:36 PM
Use it when you have excesses of items, wouldn't save exclusively, but most things processed here, seem to be used for a quest.

arikasi
05-18-13, 05:00 PM
I just collected from my castle adventure and it gave me truffles as a reward, then this triggered. No idea why now though vs all the times I've collected from my pigs. I do not have Sir Pigglesworth.

I agree with the person that wrote why does this have to be at the top of the list! I too hate seeing the barons face every time I go to the kitchen.

CottageRose
05-18-13, 06:56 PM
Maybe I'm just ornery, but I like seeing the Baron and passing him by... No soup for You! :) No prime cuts or truffles either. lol

petal209
05-18-13, 06:57 PM
The first time I fed the Baron I received glue, today I got nothing!

vchanhs
05-18-13, 07:12 PM
So far I always get something from baron. Anyway I don't want to see the truffles go to waste as I always collect from my pigs for bacon to do exchange. So baron gets his food.

Queenzod
05-18-13, 10:30 PM
The baron gave me fancy block, fancy beam, royal block, super glue, Wisp lantern (twice) ... sometimes he is very generous :)

Yes, and sometimes he is not. Twice I've received ONE glimmerdust, after all that collecting rare materials.

clarontinalisa
05-19-13, 06:45 AM
I can't believe it. After 2 hrs and lots of bacon, truffles and prime cuts I got nothing- a favour . What on earth is that!

catcrack
05-19-13, 08:38 AM
I can't believe it. After 2 hrs and lots of bacon, truffles and prime cuts I got nothing- a favour . What on earth is that!a favour is the best drop, these are great when you call them in.

(=^ェ^=)

deadeye204
05-19-13, 01:33 PM
Given the difficulty of getting prime cuts, truffles and bacon the quality of drops really sucks. Getting royal beams, 5 silver, 5 mermaid scales, or some upper end crafting items should be deserved for the amount of work to gather materials.

petal209
05-19-13, 02:07 PM
Thought I'd give the greedy Baron another chance. He came through with a fancy block!:D

elaur
05-19-13, 02:31 PM
I'm still curious what the favor is. Has anyone ever found out?

sobieski77
05-21-13, 06:25 PM
I was very disappointed when I did the truffles and prime cuts goals. It took me a very long time to get all those items and I felt the rewards were hardly worth it. 😡
Also, do most people do the market requests? for eg. 120 roast chickens for 3 gems? I'm not sure if depleting my entire inventory of that item and then some for 3 gems is really worth it. I did it with the iron ore and then I was stuck buying things to replenish my iron. What do others think?

vchanhs
05-21-13, 06:58 PM
I did it as it is a goal. Just to complete the goal and less for the rewards. I feed baron only when I have enough truffles from sir Pigglesworth. Bacons drop from stable and I have 2 black sheep that drop prime cuts all the time when I collect wool to upgrade my windmills. So I don't really go out of my way to collect for baron.

ghjvcucjb
05-21-13, 07:38 PM
I was very disappointed when I did the truffles and prime cuts goals. It took me a very long time to get all those items and I felt the rewards were hardly worth it. 😡
Also, do most people do the market requests? for eg. 120 roast chickens for 3 gems? I'm not sure if depleting my entire inventory of that item and then some for 3 gems is really worth it. I did it with the iron ore and then I was stuck buying things to replenish my iron. What do others think?

As vchanhs said, I too did them because they were goals and not for the rewards. I was lucky in that most cases, the market requests came when I was maxed out on many of the requirements, say 99 chickens, so I only needed 21 more, etc. I think there was only one that ended up taking me more than a few days. On the otherhand, there was no royal exchange to compete with my supplies at the time. I may have chosen differently if there was.

I'm relatively new to games, only about 6 months or so. The first one I ever played we didn't follow any of the goals and just did whatever and we didn't get very far. At some point I decided to start doing all the goals and we advance really quick. So now, with all the TeamLava games, I try to complete each goals as they appear (yes, even the stupid botany and alicorn goals that appear to hate me!).

sobieski77
05-21-13, 09:33 PM
Nope. I had finished the prime cuts goal, i had 29 truffles and was collecting from an adventure when the Baron popped up with his recipe. I didn't even get to see what the adventure rewards were. There doesn't seem t o be a specific trigger.

Oliver118
05-21-13, 11:00 PM
I'm still on Truffle Hustle and High Steaks. The Baron's so greedy!

Oliver118
05-21-13, 11:02 PM
As vchanhs said, I too did them because they were goals and not for the rewards. I was lucky in that most cases, the market requests came when I was maxed out on many of the requirements, say 99 chickens, so I only needed 21 more, etc. I think there was only one that ended up taking me more than a few days. On the otherhand, there was no royal exchange to compete with my supplies at the time. I may have chosen differently if there was.

I'm relatively new to games, only about 6 months or so. The first one I ever played we didn't follow any of the goals and just did whatever and we didn't get very far. At some point I decided to start doing all the goals and we advance really quick. So now, with all the TeamLava games, I try to complete each goals as they appear (yes, even the stupid botany and alicorn goals that appear to hate me!).

I used to play City story, Empire story, Farm story and Dragon story but last August I deleted them. In September I installed RS and in early October I installed BS. In mid-October I installed Dragon story: New Dawn and in early November I installed MS and CM.

Oliver118
05-21-13, 11:08 PM

When I first got a Prime Cut I was at level 12. That's how rare they are.

freesiawoods
05-23-13, 07:05 AM
I feed the baron whenever I collect ten truffles, because I am maxed on prime cuts thanks to two pink cows and a pink sheep from adventures. But most of the time I forget to see what he gives. Today however a wisp lantern popped out and enabled me to expand to the roost, thanks Baron.

brandonu
05-23-13, 07:44 AM
I feed the baron whenever I collect ten truffles, because I am maxed on prime cuts thanks to two pink cows and a pink sheep from adventures. But most of the time I forget to see what he gives. Today however a wisp lantern popped out and enabled me to expand to the roost, thanks Baron.

I'm bascially the opposite. Almost always maxed out on truffles, so I usually do the Baron challenge when I get to 20 prime cuts and can do two at once. I usually do it that way because I forget to see what I get most of the time as well. It's usually super glue =(

I have a pink cow, but left it as a baby. I didn't realize it dropped prime cuts.

bluebellgirl68
05-23-13, 08:47 AM
I've fed the baron a couple of times and definitely got a superglue and I think an earth wisp. I get plenty of truffles from Sir P and pink pig so I will do this one each time I have enough prime cuts, for regular animals I found the sheep were the best for getting prime cuts. But I agree with others that the time you get back seems disproportionate to the rarity of the things of unable to collect to feed him. But he is the baron so I guess more for less is the name of the game.

sdwombat
05-23-13, 10:02 AM
I just figure, what else am I going to do with the truffles & prime cuts (for which drops significantly increased once the goals were met)? It's just a roll of the dice to see what you're going to get. It's the same with Sir P, really. Adds to the surprise element of the game, in my opinion.

catlady71
06-02-13, 01:35 PM
it's been quite a while since i finished the truffles and prime cuts quests, collected like 10 prime cuts and truffles and feed the baron hasn't triggered. should i just wait for it to trigger randomly? or there is something i can do?

BungoCook
06-06-13, 11:15 AM
a favour is the best drop, these are great when you call them in.

(=^ェ^=)

Who does old Baron think he is? Spent ages collecting the materials needed for .."feed the baron" crafting in the kitchen and then eagerly anticipated the first time result- a favour. Or in other words a big nothing!!
I would love to hear if anyone else has ever called in one of these? You say you have catcrack? What did you get and how can you call them in?
I would love to be able to exchange this for something I'd really like, in my case an apple tree. The favour though doesn't even show in the inventory. Grrrrrr.....he's a cheeky chappie alright.

Frosty_Wench
06-06-13, 08:57 PM
2 of my last 3 rewards have been builder's pastes. Pretty sweet, especially when I'm trying to stock up for Sabina's house and the 4 magic cement that I will need. Most of the other collections have been super glue or a couple jewels. Meh.

Oliver118
06-06-13, 11:03 PM
I'm still working on unlocking the recipe, the Baron is so demanding, I need 30 Truffles and 28 Prime Cuts for Necessary Truffness and High Steaks. Why doesn't he 'charge' us what we'll actually need for Feed the Baron instead of excessive amounts?:mad:

Cesar49
06-07-13, 03:23 AM
I've fed the baron often as I'm almost always maxed out on truffles. Yes, most of the time you get a fancy block or something else basic but I've also had earth wisps and once a wisp lantern. Same with Sir Piggy - sometimes he's useless, but he's often given me fruit (useful for the pies needed for the exchange), and on a few occasions stumped up swords, earth wisps and energy boosts. It's part of the fun of the game.

QueenCarolyn
06-08-13, 11:27 PM
Yesterday: 1 glimmer dust.
Today: 1 glimmer dust.

I think my baron is going on a diet too.

Yes, I did all that and got one glimmer dust. maybe next time will be better.