PDA

View Full Version : Glimmer troll

tasjatjuh157
11-27-12, 06:46 AM
This is probably been asked a thousand times by now but i cant find any info how to actually encounter the glimmer trolls.

anyone know?

Thank you

queentina3
11-27-12, 06:48 AM
They'll just show up when collecting from buildings (from what I've seen). Make sure you haven't trapped a skunkupine or fangbeast, because if you have, no other beasties will show up.

kattybell
11-27-12, 06:49 AM
This thread will help you: this post also: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40283-Castle-Story-11-20-2012-Update-Released!-Patch-Notes&p=461073&viewfull=1#post461073

Originally Posted by GTMoney:
Trolls are impossible to detect unless you have the Enchanted Blade, which glows blue when Glimmer Trolls are near. Once you have it, they'll start showing up. A certain knight who is lost in the woods can show you how to make the Enchanted Blade. Once you have it, you'll find that Glimmer Trolls like places where humans dwell, and you'll find them most often while collecting from your Resource, Coin and Royal buildings. (Except for Hatcheries, Stables and Farmhouses- those have lots of animals and tend to attract hungry Fangbeasts instead.)

tasjatjuh157
11-27-12, 06:56 AM
thank you!

another Q: how can you see the sword turns blue? i dont see it in the screen itself or do i check the inventory ?

nokkha
11-27-12, 07:03 AM
I've encountered them & really wish that they would come out less!!! Lol ;)

tiggerhobbes
11-27-12, 07:06 AM
I've encountered them & really wish that they would come out less!!! Lol ;)

^--- yes!!

Still working on defeating the 30 beasts. Already maxed out on the trolls but that's what I keep getting. Probably because I'm collecting mushrooms like I'm running a LSD factory >_<

So if you want a date with the trolls, just pick mushrooms =__=

tasjatjuh157
11-27-12, 07:11 AM
Ive been trying that, but i stll dont get the blue glowing sword part :/

kattybell
11-27-12, 07:13 AM
Ive been trying that, but i stll dont get the blue glowing sword part :/

I haven't seen it glow blue, but the picture of the sword makes it look blue? Maybe that's what they mean.

nokkha
11-27-12, 07:15 AM
Tigger, you got the ivy's hut yet? Sent ya GD this morning ^^

My troll came out every time I collected from tavern & the mines :(

tiggerhobbes
11-27-12, 07:35 AM
Tigger, you got the ivy's hut yet? Sent ya GD this morning ^^

My troll came out every time I collected from tavern & the mines :(

Yepper, finally! Thank you (and to everyone else who helped!)

I'm keeping my tavern "in progress," mostly because I don't trust Thurston to stay sober, but also because I don't have the glimmer dust to make super glue yet. I haven't triggered anything from mining yet.

Much much much love, thanks for helping out with ivy's hut!

david0207
11-27-12, 07:35 AM
i'm working on the 30 beasts goal as well but i just can't seem to trigger the fangbeast anymore. i get plenty skunkupines basically every 2-3 plots of corn or wheat, decent amount of trolls from royal buildings but not even 1 single fangbeast which is really weird since before this goal i would only get fangbeasts even when collecting from plots. any ideas what i should be collecting from or harvesting or mining or whatever else i could do?

nokkha
11-27-12, 07:53 AM
I would say from animals or stables ^^ work for me way too much lol :P

arale_norimaki
11-27-12, 07:56 AM
i'm working on the 30 beasts goal as well but i just can't seem to trigger the fangbeast anymore. i get plenty skunkupines basically every 2-3 plots of corn or wheat, decent amount of trolls from royal buildings but not even 1 single fangbeast which is really weird since before this goal i would only get fangbeasts even when collecting from plots. any ideas what i should be collecting from or harvesting or mining or whatever else i could do?

katybell just quoted GTMoney, from TL, talking (also) about this

This thread will help you: this post also: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40283-Castle-Story-11-20-2012-Update-Released!-Patch-Notes&p=461073&viewfull=1#post461073

Originally Posted by GTMoney:
Trolls are impossible to detect unless you have the Enchanted Blade, which glows blue when Glimmer Trolls are near. Once you have it, they'll start showing up. A certain knight who is lost in the woods can show you how to make the Enchanted Blade. Once you have it, you'll find that Glimmer Trolls like places where humans dwell, and you'll find them most often while collecting from your Resource, Coin and Royal buildings. (Except for Hatcheries, Stables and Farmhouses- those have lots of animals and tend to attract hungry Fangbeasts instead.)

jaybay1147
01-31-13, 06:44 PM
What mushrooms work best to find a glimmer troll?

arale_norimaki
02-01-13, 02:09 AM
What mushrooms work best to find a glimmer troll?

Mushrooms don't work for me. They always show up around my mines or royal buildings

newzealander
03-23-13, 08:44 PM
I have had 6 glimmer trolls so far, and still no pants. Am I missing something?

maguar
03-23-13, 09:18 PM
Each time you defeat a troll there is a certain percentage chance that you'll get the pants. I know some who got it on the first all the way through to some who took a dozen or so goes. I hope you get them soon.

newzealander
03-23-13, 10:25 PM
Thanks, Maguar. Murphy's Law kicked in, and the next troll I got after posting this was holding the pants. Poor Thurston, though - it seems he doesn't put them on straight away, so he's still shivering in those ridiculous boxers!

maguar
03-24-13, 02:58 PM
Glad you got the pants. I hope you have better luck with the helmet

Angie517
04-03-13, 12:06 PM
If your looking for glimmer dust, buy some dead trees. They produce more than mushrooms and buildings.