PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Album Rewards

Pages : [1] 2

JakeStorm8
11-26-12, 05:25 PM
Greetings, Caretakers.

I've seen a few questions in other threads about Dragon Album Rewards, and seeing as how I made those rewards, I figured I'd take a moment to hop on and explain what you're seeing:

- We launched the Dragon Album with 5 "Album Goals". More will be added, but these rewards happen at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 unique dragon types, respectively.

- "Unique Dragon Types" here means you HAVE on your island that many unique types of dragon. I would have 5 unique types if I had 1 of each Fire, Wild, Island, Crusader, and Fuzzy dragons. If I sold one of these, I'd only have 4 unique types on my island (though I would never sell a Fuzzy Dragon...it is my favorite).

- TWO of the rewards from the Dragon Album are dragon eggs. These are both brand new dragons that are only available through the Dragon Album. The first rewarded dragon is the new Scarecrow Dragon, but I'll stay quiet about the second dragon reward...I'm sure someone will reveal it in the comments.

- The non dragon awards are things like decorations, food, and Gold.

- We WILL be adding additional unique dragon rewards to the Album for collecting more dragon types. I've already seen sketches from the dragon artists and my new babies are looking spectacular!

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can clear anything up about the new feature.

...unless you're wondering when we'll ship it to Android/Kindle. We're working hard to catch up on those platforms but I don't have dates!

EDIT: If you are having trouble downloading the update that includes the Dragon Album delete Dragon Story from your iOS device, go to the App Store, and install the new 1.2 version. This is not New Dawn. Your device is linked to your Storm8 ID, and your progress is saved on our servers.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-story/id513474544?mt=8

-Jake.

grondai
11-26-12, 05:28 PM
No that didn't clear anything up. We wanted to know how someone got 2 breeding dens

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 05:29 PM
No that didn't clear anything up. We wanted to know how someone got 2 breeding dens

I second that lol

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-26-12, 05:31 PM

wow... no need to be rude... geeeze!!

salinho

At least it will stop (hopefully!!) new topics and questions of the sort of "OHMIGAWSH WAT IS DIS ALBUM I HERD ABOUT". Yeah.

Second dragon is storm :p such a cute baby...i don't really wanna evolve it. Lol.

Well, something tells me I will be very sad later on, for not having more dragons. I'm missing, like, 20 xD

grondai
They ignored us lol

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 05:33 PM
I second that lol

Wait I only second the part that I want to know how can we get 2 breeding dens

salinho
11-26-12, 05:34 PM
Wait. Wait a moment. Jake helps design dragons... So...

JAKE, PLEEEEASE MAKE DARK DRAGONS. PLEASE. We had so many good ideas! Like a night fury! Or a smaug look-a-like, diamond hybrid, black and full of precious gems under its belly! Call it onyx, or shadow, or dark, or whichever! We had some good ideas...we ought to bombard you with them directly xD

grondai
11-26-12, 05:35 PM
Wait I only second the part that I want to know how can we get 2 breeding dens

Okay sorry I was rude. This will be helpful for a lot of people. The biggest question is the second breeding den tho

msvidkiller13
11-26-12, 05:38 PM
Thank you so much for the information :) Waiting for update for Kindle :)
Greetings, Caretakers.

I've seen a few questions in other threads about Dragon Album Rewards, and seeing as how I made those rewards, I figured I'd take a moment to hop on and explain what you're seeing:

- We launched the Dragon Album with 5 "Album Goals". More will be added, but these rewards happen at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 unique dragon types, respectively.

- "Unique Dragon Types" here means you HAVE on your island that many unique types of dragon. I would have 5 unique types if I had 1 of each Fire, Wild, Island, Crusader, and Fuzzy dragons. If I sold one of these, I'd only have 4 unique types on my island (though I would never sell a Fuzzy Dragon...it is my favorite).

- TWO of the rewards from the Dragon Album are dragon eggs. These are both brand new dragons that are only available through the Dragon Album. The first rewarded dragon is the new Scarecrow Dragon, but I'll stay quiet about the second dragon reward...I'm sure someone will reveal it in the comments.

- The non dragon awards are things like decorations, food, and Gold.

- We WILL be adding additional unique dragon rewards to the Album for collecting more dragon types. I've already seen sketches from the dragon artists and my new babies are looking spectacular!

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can clear anything up about the new feature.

...unless you're wondering when we'll ship it to Android/Kindle. We're working hard to catch up on those platforms but I don't have dates!

-Jake.

Takiofallen
Ok so it looks like the second breeding den is a real reward the question is how to obtain it. jake just indirectly told us. The thing is if it involves having all dragons in Epic form then it's pointless for me to have. Someone on the forum will stumble on to this. I just would like jake to simply confirm they are "Hidden Album Goals" no need to tell us what it is or how to get it. That we can do on our own.

kwhales
I'm still confused about the portal too. What goal was accomplished to get it? (not that I have it......my storage is empty.)

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-26-12, 05:39 PM
Thanks Jake for this information and making it a sticky!

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 05:39 PM
Okay sorry I was rude. This will be helpful for a lot of people. The biggest question is the second breeding den tho

we need you to do some research because your one of the few with all dragon types.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 05:40 PM
Alright. I must be missing something. I have more than 5 unique dragons in my game. I can't find these album goals, where are they?

go to album they are right at the top

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 05:40 PM
Alright. I must be missing something. I have more than 5 unique dragons in my game. I can't find these album goals, where are they?

If iOS it's in the original dragon story

bawpotter
11-26-12, 05:41 PM
go to album they are right at the top

The book of goals? I don't have them there.

mattyboo1

I had to download the regular game to get albums

kwhales

Did you update the original version of DS.......are you on android.............?????

Suave_Spencer
What I want to know is why can't you release updates on all platforms simultaneously? Other game studios do, including some of your main competitors. I'd suggest only releasing major updates once they're ready for all platforms. Oh, and Android users would like the New Dawn goals please.

bawpotter
If iOS it's in the original dragon story

I'm on the original version, just changed over from New Dawn.

salinho
11-26-12, 05:42 PM

Mr. Mod, you're lost too? XD
They should be at the top of the album thingy! Or maybe you already have stuff in the storage...

Yes, grondai, fiddle around and see what you can find ;D

grondai
we need you to do some research because your one of the few with all dragon types.

I don't have them all. I am missing the commons. I guess I could sell some diamonds to get them....:P

sweetstuff525

Make sure is the updated version..... And on bottom right corner it says album

bawpotter
Did you update the original version of DS.......are you on android.............?????

I'm on the latest version, iOS. I don't get it... I just can't find them.

kwhales
11-26-12, 05:43 PM

Ok, on the menu screen, you should see storage, album.. and the goals should come automatically.

Takiofallen
Wait are you saying there is no way to breed the two dragons you get from the album?? but people can buy them so you don't need to get them from the album. Some one tell me if I'm off on this one

salinho

Original is the one with albums right now.
And Suave_Spencer is right, it's unfair for android users...

bawpotter
11-26-12, 05:44 PM
Oh... I thought I was on the latest version. Apparently not. Darn app store. Sorry bout all that. I

kwhales
11-26-12, 05:45 PM
Wait are you saying there is no way to breed the two dragons you get from the album?? but people can buy them so you don't need to get them from the album. Some one tell me if I'm off on this one

Why couldn't you breed them? they are in the market?

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 05:45 PM
I don't have them all. I am missing the commons. I guess I could sell some diamonds to get them....:P

awwww man/woman (last time i just listed man i got hit with high heeled shoes) don't do it keep you diamonds

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 05:46 PM
Why couldn't you breed them? they are in the market?

jake said the only way to get them is through the album but that is wrong, right??

grondai
11-26-12, 05:48 PM
awwww man/woman (last time i just listed man i got hit with high heeled shoes) don't do it keep you diamonds

I'll do it if I get confirmation on the second breeding den

JakeStorm8
11-26-12, 05:49 PM
Ok so it looks like the second breeding den is a real reward the question is how to obtain it. jake just indirectly told us. The thing is if it involves having all dragons in Epic form then it's pointless for me to have. Someone on the forum will stumble on to this. I just would like jake to simply confirm they are "Hidden Album Goals" no need to tell us what it is or how to get it. That we can do on our own.

A second Breeding Den is not a hidden Album Reward. We're investigating how that user obtained one. Now that all that distracting Breeding Den stuff is settled...if anyone has any questions about this feature, I'm happy to address.

Really appreciate all of the "welcome!" PMs.

salinho
11-26-12, 05:50 PM

Lol x) metaphorical heels FTW.

salinho
11-26-12, 05:51 PM
A second Breeding Den is not a hidden Album Reward. We're investigating how that user obtained one. Now that all that distracting Breeding Den stuff is settled...if anyone has any questions about this feature, I'm happy to address.

Oh. Well, honestly, if it was a glitch... Let her keep it xD caused us a lotta commotion , lol. But a game hack, well, that's different.

grondai
11-26-12, 05:51 PM

Thank you. Why was that so hard lol

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 05:53 PM
Thanks jake for the confirmation .....we will stop going crazy trying to figure it out

But I luv the album... Can't wait till christmas

clarknova81
11-26-12, 05:55 PM

Probably asked a gazillion of times already but... Will we be able to store dragons or eggs in the storage? Thanx!

grondai
11-26-12, 05:58 PM
Probably asked a gazillion of times already but... Will we be able to store dragons or eggs in the storage? Thanx!

I think he was hinting towards it but it's hard to tell with how he stated it

JakeStorm8
11-26-12, 05:59 PM
jake said the only way to get them is through the album but that is wrong, right??

The only way to get them for the first time is through the Album Rewards system. After that, they are unlocked in the Market, but they are never breedable because we want the Album Rewards to be extra special.

salinho
11-26-12, 06:01 PM
The only way to get them for the first time is through the Album Rewards system. After that, they are unlocked in the Market, but they are never breedable because we want the Album Rewards to be extra special.

Makes sense! Thanks for the reply

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:05 PM
Thats cool. Since you being so generous with information what about an official breeding calculator or some numbers on dragon odds?

noodleland
11-26-12, 06:06 PM
I guess I must be the dumb one, but I haven't seen anything about an album and I think I have a lot of unique dragons

Horntail21
11-26-12, 06:07 PM
Very awesome and refreshing to have some definite concrete answers to some major questions! I think it's very cool you took the time to address this and let us know we have some more things to look forward to. Much appreciated!

mammami08
11-26-12, 06:08 PM
I'll do it if I get confirmation on the second breeding den

But i have em all in epic and no den for me, so i'm lost at to what hidden thing younwould like me to do?

JakeStorm8
11-26-12, 06:09 PM
Thank you. Why was that so hard lol

...because I only made an account during lunch and have been busy designing new [COLOR OR THEME DELETED BY BIG BROTHER DRAGONS] dragons.

grondai
11-26-12, 06:10 PM
Thats cool. Since you being so generous with information what about an official breeding calculator or some numbers on dragon odds?

Lol ask him to play the game for you! Sorry I giggled when I read this

grondai
11-26-12, 06:11 PM
...because I only made an account during lunch and have been busy designing new [COLOR OR THEME DELETED BY BIG BROTHER DRAGONS] dragons.

I hope you are in control of this dragon story forum now. Your very helpful.

mammami08
11-26-12, 06:12 PM
What about the neither portal that some of us got and the green extra hanitats? Was that some sort of album goal, sorry i missed the info on why i got what i got, guess i was excited ;)

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:12 PM
Don't make me take some of your dragons outside
Lol ask him to play the game for you! Sorry I giggled when I read this

JakeStorm8
11-26-12, 06:13 PM

Not a chance! There is only one Official Breeding Calculator...it is an abacus made with taut hairs of Wizard Dragon beard, baby teeth shed by Tusker Dragons, and a frame of rich mahogany. It is buried 9 feet under my desk, and I never leave, so you'll never get it.

Also, it's poison.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:13 PM
All five have been covered. you get them in 5 dragon increments. it's the decoration, food, 2 eggs and 20 gold not in that order.
What about the neither portal that some of us got and the green extra hanitats? Was that some sort of album goal, sorry i missed the info on why i got what i got, guess i was excited ;)

mammami08
11-26-12, 06:14 PM
What about the neither portal that some of us got and the green extra habitats? Was that some sort of album goal, sorry i missed the info on why i got what i got, guess i was excited ;)

sorry about that slip of the keys, tierd now, times 2:15 am in Sweden....

kwhales
11-26-12, 06:15 PM
Not a chance! There is only one Official Breeding Calculator...it is an abacus made with taut hairs of Wizard Dragon beard, baby teeth shed by Tusker Dragons, and a frame of rich mahogany. It is buried 9 feet under my desk, and I never leave, so you'll never get it.

Also, it's poison.

If you need more, I'm sure we can breed some for you.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:15 PM
ROFL........ this is great jake your the man/woman (long story) a straight answer got to love this.

Also, it's poison.

mammami08
11-26-12, 06:16 PM
All five have been covered. you get them in 5 dragon increments. it's the decoration, food, 2 eggs and 20 gold not in that order.

Ok, missed the deco part but what about that extra green habitat people talk about?

salinho
11-26-12, 06:17 PM

Lol!! How about making a contest, even if free, for dragon designs? We'd love to help, and some of us design stuff for a living. :D (not me, I am a bloodsucker - lawyer - but one of my brothers). Plus, it would be fun ;) i think this has been done before in other games?

Also, it's poison.

Draw us up a ninja dragon and we'll see about that. My mathematician brother will calculate the sh...owbiz outta that abacus! Mwahahaha.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:17 PM
Another one of those things that must be looked in to. Seems like a glitch
Ok, missed the deco part but what about that extra green habitat people talk about?

salinho
11-26-12, 06:18 PM
If you need more, I'm sure we can breed some for you.

OH NO THE POISON DRAGON SAGA. PLEASE NOOOOOOOoooooooooo.....

sweetstuff525
11-26-12, 06:19 PM
Jakestorm8 and MHz are keepers.... They communicate well... Without using copy paste

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:20 PM
Ok one more question and i will be done ...... With all these theories floating around (i am guilty of 1 or 2) is it a waste of our time ( you get you laughs over a nice whisky blend) or do you plead the Fifth??

queentina3
11-26-12, 06:24 PM

Also, it's poison.

This post is great! ROFL!!!!

msvidkiller13
11-26-12, 06:24 PM
Is there going to be a New Dawn for Kindle?

salinho
11-26-12, 06:26 PM
Jakestorm8 and MHz are keepers.... They communicate well... Without using copy paste

Agreed. I like Jake :D we get answers AND humor. What's not to like?
Let's just not overload him,like a brand new toy we play with too much until an arm pops off (or the head). He needs that brain a-workin'! To make more cool dragons :D

Ok one more question and i will be done ...... With all these theories floating around (i am guilty of 1 or 2) is it a waste of our time ( you get you laughs over a nice whisky blend) or do you plead the Fifth??

Someone said whisky. I prefer martini! :)

grondai
11-26-12, 06:27 PM

He is asking if there is actually something you can do to increase your breeding odds or is that up to Ormidorius the god of dragon breeding

dragonolic
11-26-12, 06:29 PM

Sooooo paying for them is okay, but breeding them makes them less special?

ubobdgc
11-26-12, 06:32 PM
Ohhh I though storm was just for people with diamond

Is there a dragon you get if you get diamond in the ablum reward

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:33 PM
You have to unlock to goal to even purchase them. So if you want more then one you need to buy it.

clarknova81
11-26-12, 06:34 PM
Ohhh I though storm was just for people with diamond

Is there a dragon you get if you get diamond in the ablum reward

Nope! :)

Zamoraksblood
11-26-12, 06:37 PM
Huh. I got Sword in Stone, Nether Portal, 20 gold, Scarecrow Dragon, Storm Dragon, in that order, as my album rewards.

goodfrey
11-26-12, 06:41 PM
Is this album update coming to New Dawn, or are we supposed to switch over to the older Dragon Story and use that from now on?

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:42 PM
the first 2 fall under decorations and came at the same time. you got the food just didn't notice it.i think the food is the first goal reward

Zamoraksblood
11-26-12, 06:45 PM
Believe me, I had exactly 0 food when I discovered the album. I still had 0 after claiming rewards.

JakeStorm8
11-26-12, 06:45 PM

Dragons all have special breeding information that tells the Great Breeding Abacus Buried Under My Desk how rare they are. Dragons are either breedable or unbreedable once the user has reached the dragon's min level requirement. I can't make them unbreedable until a quest or goal is met.

Plus, we'll almost always make some way for big spenders to spend if they really want to, so long as it doesn't keep a core game piece from non-paying users (like how you can get these dragons without spending real money). With free-to-play games, this is a pretty smart way to do things, since we have to make money to keep making content for these games, but we don't want to make paying a requirement to experience the content.

That's sort of the nature of these types of games - pretty simple. I hope I won't have to explain that over and over here.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:47 PM
go to first page of this post Jake explains the goals and what they are. I received 1000 food
Believe me, I had exactly 0 food when I discovered the album. I still had 0 after claiming rewards.

Zamoraksblood
11-26-12, 06:50 PM
Did you not just hear me? I just said, I DID NOT GET ANY FOOD FROM THE ALBUM! only the cornucopia...

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:52 PM
Dragons all have special breeding information that tells the Great Breeding Abacus Buried Under My Desk how rare they are. Dragons are either breedable or unbreedable once the user has reached the dragon's min level. I will take this as your plea of the 5th. Jake thanks for taking the time and answering so many questions on your first day. I really do appreciate it. I should have know we would get along......how about a 49'ers dragon you hold the power...

grondai
11-26-12, 06:54 PM
Lol dragon rage

mattyboo1
11-26-12, 06:54 PM
Is it really unbreedable sometimes

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 06:58 PM
Hear you no but i did read what you wrote. Did you not read what i wrote. I said I RECEIVED 1000 food. I wrote "go to the first page jake explains the goals and what they are. Where did i say YOU received food? Reading is fundamental.
Did you not just hear me? I just said, I DID NOT GET ANY FOOD FROM THE ALBUM! only the cornucopia...

grondai
11-26-12, 06:58 PM
Is it really unbreedable sometimes

Which dragons are you referring to? Jake was saying that you can't breed a diamond dragon until lvl 10 because the dragon doesn't unlock until that lvl. As for the album dragons they can only be bought or retrieved from the goals. Those can't be bred

Horntail21
11-26-12, 07:00 PM
how about a 49'ers dragon you hold the power... Boo!! Hisss!! Redskins dragon!!

J/k 49ers are ok by me. Not in my division so they are all good.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 07:02 PM
You might squeeze in to the playoffs. I would rather not see you guys. RG3 is to much of a wild card to deal with. Be cool if we could get team dragons. Thats one i would pay for if i could not breed it.
Boo!! Hisss!! Redskins dragon!!

J/k 49ers are ok by me. Not in my division so they are all good.

mattyboo1
11-26-12, 07:13 PM
Which dragons are you referring to? Jake was saying that you can't breed a diamond dragon until lvl 10 because the dragon doesn't unlock until that lvl. As for the album dragons they can only be bought or retrieved from the goals. Those can't be bred

I figured some stuff out don't worry

Horntail21
11-26-12, 07:18 PM
You might squeeze in to the playoffs. I would rather not see you guys. RG3 is to much of a wild card to deal with. Be cool if we could get team dragons. Thats one i would pay for if i could not breed it.

I do love me some RGIII but our defense is a complete joke and Kyle Shnahans offensive schemes are high school triple option nonsense. Give us a new coach set, a defense, and three years and we would be dangerous. Anyway I digress before we take this thread I to the nether regions lol.

Khriz23
11-26-12, 08:04 PM
What is this all talking about Dragon Album I didn't get it and I have the lattes update.

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 08:13 PM
what device do you play on??
What is this all talking about Dragon Album I didn't get it and I have the lattes update.

willothewisps
11-26-12, 08:53 PM
We nothern people would say VODKA ;)

Yes! Hahahahahahahaha!

salinho
11-27-12, 03:25 AM
Don't know what 49'ers are, but a dragon that looked like FUTEBOL CLUBE DO PORTO's symbol would be awesome. Best. Football. Team. Ever. He could wear a blue and white scarf around his neck and have a trainer's cap....er, or maybe just the scarf.

Go Portugal!!

Or soccer, for americans. (Really, football is a sport where you throw the ball with your HANDS?)

salinho
11-27-12, 03:26 AM
Don't know what 49'ers are, but a dragon that looked like FUTEBOL CLUBE DO PORTO's symbol would be awesome. Best. Football. Team. Ever. He could wear a blue and white scarf around his neck and have a trainer's cap....er, or maybe just the scarf.

Go Portugal!!

Or soccer, for americans. (Really, football is a sport where you throw the ball with your HANDS?)

(Because just in case nobody knows, lol, Porto's symbol is a kick@ss dragon!)

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-27-12, 05:06 AM
Im on android so I appreciate you saying yall are working hard on catching up. We are pretty envious right now and a bit worked up but im sure we can hold tempers knowing youre trying. Could you please inform us as to why we couldnt get them at the same time? As well as why we never got new dawn goals/boosts update? I know you said you dont have a date but will this take closer to months or years?

mammami08
11-27-12, 08:16 AM

Go Portugal!!

Baaah, soccer... :( i would like a NHL dragon it can be in the storage on lockout for a couple of more months... Or even better a NYR dragon i red,white and blue called the king ;)

sulphur1267
11-27-12, 08:27 AM
In my market the scarecrow and storm dragon are there and say locked by goal. I play on the newest version of the app for iPod touch. Am I just not finding the album, or have some players still not received this update fully? And I believe I have more then enough unique dragons to get them both...

sweetstuff525
11-27-12, 08:28 AM
download the original dragon story... not the new dawn

davewin
11-27-12, 08:42 AM
I was just about to start deleting some of my commons to make more room. I guess I'll hold on to them since now I know Android will be getting the album some day.

MomsHouseofSweets
11-27-12, 09:00 AM
I'm Android and Scarecrow/Storm show the same as you have. This whole New Dawn thing is still a bit confusing to me, but I "think" it has something to do with goals, which Androids don't have. I hope another player with the same device as yours will be able to help with the confusion. Wish I could be of more help.

Candy3030
11-27-12, 09:08 AM
New dragons & stone in sword

The new dragons came with the new update in the original dragon story (not in new dawn). In order to get these dragons and the sword in stone you have to open your original dragon story ... If you deleted it after getting new dawn its not a problem. Redownload the original Dragon story and you should see all of this ...

You have to open your album (it should be there after the update from the app store)
http://i.imgur.com/xv1aP.jpg

When your album is open you should see this (my collect button is not there anymore because I already collected all of my goals)
http://i.imgur.com/MPRhA.jpg

Press the collect button as many times as you can see the collect button, and depending on how many dragons you have you should unlock the scarecrow & storm dragon and the sword in stone. (this is not the original collect button but I re-made it to give you an idea...)
http://i.imgur.com/49VL4.jpg

Hope this all helps ... good luck :)

Candy3030
11-27-12, 09:08 AM
Also if you already have a dragon in your nest dont worry .... the new dragons will be put in the new storage unit....

Press Menu
http://i.imgur.com/bkrxa.jpg

And you should see your storage unit
http://i.imgur.com/NCvoB.jpg

When your nest is clear all you have to do is go back in your storage and take them out:) ...

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 09:09 AM
guess who's back... mwahahahaha! :D

Baaah, soccer... :( i would like a NHL dragon it can be in the storage on lockout for a couple of more months... Or even better a NYR dragon i red,white and blue called the king ;)
Do those teams have dragons in their symbols? ?Cause Porto does ;D

mammami08
11-27-12, 09:13 AM
Welcome back yo've been missed:rolleyes:

Nop no dragons as far as i know in any hockey teams logos... Not that i can think of anyway. But my team who i support here i Sweden has an Indian :cool:

sulphur1267
11-27-12, 09:38 AM
Thanks! I'm gonna try downloading it right away!

RoseMeyer
11-27-12, 10:15 AM
Also, it's poison.

and invisible and protected by a basilisk

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 10:35 AM
Welcome back yo've been missed:rolleyes:

Nop no dragons as far as i know in any hockey teams logos... Not that i can think of anyway. But my team who i support here i Sweden has an Indian :cool:

Oh, have I? :p ehehehe.

We could have a Curry dragon, speaking of Indians. Lol!!

JakeStorm8
11-27-12, 11:33 AM
Im on android so I appreciate you saying yall are working hard on catching up. We are pretty envious right now and a bit worked up but im sure we can hold tempers knowing youre trying. Could you please inform us as to why we couldnt get them at the same time? As well as why we never got new dawn goals/boosts update? I know you said you dont have a date but will this take closer to months or years?

The main reason is because our company built itself on iOS, and it just takes time to bring in new people and invest more resources into expanding cross platform. What we've accomplished since we've started porting to Android and Amazon is really remarkable, and we are only getting faster. It's a huge priority for us right now, we have dedicated teams making it happen, and good things await our Android and Amazon fans going forward. Your patience, commitment, and passion are the reasons it's so important to us.

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 11:56 AM
The main reason is because our company built itself on iOS, and it just takes time to bring in new people and invest more resources into expanding cross platform. What we've accomplished since we've started porting to Android and Amazon is really remarkable, and we are only getting faster. It's a huge priority for us right now, we have dedicated teams making it happen, and good things await our Android and Amazon fans going forward. Your patience, commitment, and passion are the reasons it's so important to us.

This much work and time invested on a free game... I hope android users will be rewarded soon, with all those efforts. :)

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 11:56 AM
the images and explanation for Candy30 should be moved to page 1! :)

Thanks Candy!

darkrandy
11-27-12, 12:27 PM

I dont have Andriod, but BOOM your words sound so intense. You really like your company and you are a company man as well, or you own a nice piece of the company :)
Still, excellent words Mr. JakeStorm8, you heared it Amazon and Andriod folks, hold on to your its going to be a bumpy ride, but in the end, it will be well worth it.

Candy3030
11-27-12, 12:45 PM
the images and explanation for Candy30 should be moved to page 1! :)

Thanks Candy!

Glad to see it helped �� Your welcome ��

BabyDinosaurRawr
11-27-12, 12:46 PM

Thanks! Does anyone know how to quote this and put it as a reply to a diffrent thread? Android/amazon players will want to hear this but i doubt they look here.

enoch4
11-27-12, 01:40 PM

New dragons with existing colors? Or dragons with a new color (orange, or dark maybe??). Excited for whatever is coming. :)

JakeStorm8
11-27-12, 01:45 PM
New dragons with existing colors? Or dragons with a new color (orange, or dark maybe??). Excited for whatever is coming. :)

There will be new colors. Oh yes...there will be colors.

CrimsonCalamity
11-27-12, 01:52 PM

XD I don't know why, but in my head that sounded very sinister.

But yay for new colors!

grondai
11-27-12, 01:59 PM

Will you guys be releasing the magic/diamond dragon soon

Zamoraksblood
11-27-12, 02:11 PM
Thanks! Does anyone know how to quote this and put it as a reply to a diffrent thread? Android/amazon players will want to hear this but i doubt they look here.
Use the quote option, then copy everything in the reply box, then paste on another thread. Think it will work.

JakeStorm8
11-27-12, 03:08 PM
Will you guys be releasing the magic/diamond dragon soon

Yes. The Diamond + Purple hybrid is done and flying around in my test build of the game. It looks great and will be released within the next couple of weeks :)

mammami08
11-27-12, 03:16 PM
Yes. The Diamond + Purple hybrid is done and flying around in my test build of the game. It looks great and will be released within the next couple of weeks :)

Oh both looking forward and not to this one, but the 20 h fails... Island debacel all over again ;)

MizCricket
11-27-12, 03:17 PM

As a long-time player of many TL games I'd just like to say thanks for all the work TL has done to bring parity to the other platforms. You have defintely stepped it up several notches, and I'm looking forward to the new things ahead! I play on two Android devices, and the recent updates to FS, BS, and RS have been awesome!

grondai
11-27-12, 03:45 PM

Yay, why do you tell us so much? Now I'm too excited

mattyboo1
11-27-12, 03:57 PM

Thanks for telling us so much

enoch4
11-27-12, 04:04 PM

Once again - THANK YOU. Since you showed up, the good news just keeps coming. :)

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 04:20 PM

Wow, that managed to sound eerie and phenomenal at the same time!

Jake, you're a ray of sunshine and rainbows and cookies! (...a "ray of cookies"? Ooookay). I think I speak for everyone when I say we're all getting excited about you being here and talking to us. So nice. :) and now even android users can have more hope, knowing TL has not completely forgotten them! Rejoice, android brethren!

(But would be niceto have a confirm button for gold...ehehehe)

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 04:21 PM
Yay, why do you tell us so much? Now I'm too excited

You're never happy, dude. xD

Takiofallen
11-27-12, 04:23 PM
I just grew 13 grey hairs.........

clarknova81
11-27-12, 04:36 PM

Challenge accepted. (~_~)/

CrimsonCalamity
11-27-12, 04:40 PM
Oh my god diamond and purple. THINK OF THE FAIL TIMES!!!!!

kwhales
11-27-12, 04:41 PM

Don't grow anymore, take mine.

Takiofallen
11-27-12, 04:46 PM
(still recovering from last shoe thrown) we can make a deal. i take your 6 gray hairs if you give me the diamond hybrids i missing and take your shoe back
Don't grow anymore, take mine.

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 04:50 PM

Anxiousness level: over 1000 !!!

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 04:51 PM
Oh my god diamond and purple. THINK OF THE FAIL TIMES!!!!!

*shudders*

Oh well. Not my prob. I am still diamondless... LOLOLOL

CrimsonCalamity
11-27-12, 04:52 PM
*shudders*

Lol for now. XD one day you will be stuck in he same boat.

clarknova81
11-27-12, 04:56 PM
*shudders*

It will pop up when you least expect it!

willothewisps
11-27-12, 05:04 PM
You're never happy, dude. xD
HAHAHAHA! Agreed ;D

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 05:06 PM
It will pop up when you least expect it!

I sure hope so :) like my parakeet did. So happy x) Finally got a dragon that I wanted so badly. Well, now I need a seabreeze and a wizard, and some light hybrids....and diamonds. Asdasdasdffgfhfgfafsfsgsf!!!

mammami08
11-27-12, 05:08 PM
Could it be this one? But i don't think it looks diamond? More like three color, purple, yellow and blue?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40926-There-s-a-new-dragon-flying-high-in-the-sky.-It-s-quot-mummy-quot-would-be-proud!

Takiofallen
11-27-12, 05:15 PM
looks like Magic/water/air to me

clarknova81
11-27-12, 05:16 PM
Could it be this one? But i don't think it looks diamond? More like three color, purple, yellow and blue?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40926-There-s-a-new-dragon-flying-high-in-the-sky.-It-s-quot-mummy-quot-would-be-proud!

I just hope it's not another triplet!

Nefertekas
11-27-12, 05:28 PM

Seems like a three-element: air, water, magic. Pretty cool IMHO :D though it seems to be unreasonably happy...lol.

willothewisps
11-27-12, 11:59 PM
Seems like a three-element: air, water, magic. Pretty cool IMHO :D though it seems to be unreasonably happy...lol.

Tis called the Anubis dragon I guess. But Ibagree with the air water and magic theory :) We need one with a light element, like opposite of Aurora, then we could breed both and have absolutely no idea what dragon we are breeding! AWESOME RIGHT?!

ROFLMBO! JK JK

maalex01
11-28-12, 04:02 AM
I completed all ALBUM rewards, but I still can't receive Storm & Scarecrow eggs in my fram, could you help to check?

kwhales
11-28-12, 04:09 AM
Are they in your storage?

maalex01
11-28-12, 04:24 AM
Are they in your storage?

Yes, thanks for your information......Today is my luckly day.....I got my first diamond.....la...

goughy999
11-28-12, 11:08 AM
I want to get this update but will the prices of feeding rise if I update?

Nefertekas
11-28-12, 11:17 AM
I want to get this update but will the prices of feeding rise if I update?

It depends. Are you playing an older DS version? The prices had gone up to 15,000 in the last level (for light dragons) but then they went down to 5,000 per feed. Non-light dragons are still fed by normal levels (1,000 in the last level) except the turkey.

goughy999
11-28-12, 11:19 AM
It depends. Are you playing an older DS version? The prices had gone up to 15,000 in the last level (for light dragons) but then they went down to 5,000 per feed. Non-light dragons are still fed by normal levels (1,000 in the last level) except the turkey.

My old version all dragons are the same as they always were before nd

leafgirl00
11-28-12, 03:28 PM
What if you don't have an iphone? When do the rest of us get this lovely update?

Nefertekas
11-28-12, 05:35 PM
My old version all dragons are the same as they always were before nd

Ah. Then the cost will change a bit, but not as drasticallybas before... It's your choice,I guess!

bhabes11
11-29-12, 05:58 AM
Thank you so much for the info.... Though I am still jealous for those who have the " album stuff" ... I am using Android...but still looking forward to the new update and hoping Android is included for that update.....

Merry Christmas in advance to all dragon story players and fans..a:-) ;-)

bhabes11
11-29-12, 06:00 AM
what dragon did you breed?....I am dying to get that diamond dragon as well...

bhabes11
11-29-12, 06:01 AM
What if you don't have an iphone? When do the rest of us get this lovely update? yeah.... We wanted to know...... I am using Android as well

maalex01
11-29-12, 06:26 AM
Left - Serpent Dragon Lv.10 (Tiamat) + Right - Firestom Dragon Lv.10 (Crusie), Good luck....

what dragon did you breed?....I am dying to get that diamond dragon as well...

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 09:57 AM
Jake i have a question. Since the Storm Dragon is an album reward and can never be bred, how does that effect our breeding when we use it? I'm asking does it have a negative affect or does it act like any other dragon during breeding?

CritterIsland
11-29-12, 12:02 PM
I was just in my album. I didn't place my Storm Dragon. Now it isn't in my rewards. Did I lose it?

Horntail21
11-29-12, 12:07 PM
I was just in my album. I didn't place my Storm Dragon. Now it isn't in my rewards. Did I lose it?

check your storage

JakeStorm8
11-29-12, 12:24 PM
Jake i have a question. Since the Storm Dragon is an album reward and can never be bred, how does that effect our breeding when we use it? I'm asking does it have a negative affect or does it act like any other dragon during breeding?

Storm Dragon can breed like any other dragon. Whether or not a dragon can be discovered through breeding has no affect on its ability to parent other dragons.

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 12:57 PM
Thank you good sir
Storm Dragon can breed like any other dragon. Whether or not a dragon can be discovered through breeding has no affect on its ability to parent other dragons.

mica4817
11-29-12, 01:45 PM
I won the Storm Dragon but for some reason I didn't get it. Am I ever going to get it back?

Takiofallen
11-29-12, 01:47 PM
it's in your storage
I won the Storm Dragon but for some reason I didn't get it. Am I ever going to get it back?

Spiceshirl
11-30-12, 07:52 AM
:cool:IS there a reward for breeding 66/66 dragons if so i would like to know how to collect this reward!!

Nefertekas
11-30-12, 10:53 AM
:cool:IS there a reward for breeding 66/66 dragons if so i would like to know how to collect this reward!!
If there is, it's in the storage.

JakeStorm8
11-30-12, 12:45 PM
If there is, it's in the storage.

The final album reward is at 25 unique types but we're adding two more dragon rewards very soon, and two more the month after that.

maalex01
11-30-12, 01:09 PM
Left - Serpent Dragon Lv.10 (Tiamat) + Right - Firestom Dragon Lv.10 (Crusie), Good luck....
Diamond...

msvidkiller13
11-30-12, 01:20 PM
How is that it is known what dragons are coming out in months and nothing is known when other game platforms updates are coming out? Not to be rude but I pay to play too as a earlier comment was said and there isn't even a New Dawn for Kindle Amazon? It's getting a little old seeing all these updates and other games getting free dragons and nothing is giving to everyone. Major disappointed :(
The final album reward is at 25 unique types but we're adding two more dragon rewards very soon, and two more the month after that.

OrdinaryJoe
11-30-12, 02:01 PM

Are you adding these to Android as well?

Nefertekas
11-30-12, 02:28 PM

Cool! :)

I am guessing these dragons are already designed and their release has been planned for.
Contrarywise, Android updates haven't progressed enough, I suppose? :/

bitealot
11-30-12, 04:15 PM
any word on when this patch will be loaded for android?

JakeStorm8
11-30-12, 07:00 PM
Cool! :)

I am guessing these dragons are already designed and their release has been planned for.
Contrarywise, Android updates haven't progressed enough, I suppose? :/

New dragons are created by artists and animators, where porting features to Android is done by a special team of engineers, so it's not like proceeding in one vein slows progress in the other. All will be ported.

kwhales
11-30-12, 07:03 PM
I hope so. It would be great if all players were on the same page..

bitealot
11-30-12, 07:38 PM
I hope so. It would be great if all players were on the same page..
Yes i would liek to be off the pop up pages and into the same big boy pages as the rest :P

Sefyre
11-30-12, 07:55 PM
Just wanted to say that as another player of Dragon Story who is not involved in any way, shape, or form with Team Lava (besides being a Dragon Enthusiast), but is familiar enough with developing apps for mobile platforms:

In regards to cross-compatibility between mobile platforms - iPhones, iPads and Nook, Samsung Galaxy, etc and whatever else - you have to first understand that the mobile devices in question are different devices whose OSes (operating systems) were built/coded differently which means the apps that run on them have to run according to the OSes' specifications/instructions.

Their programming and coding - where they share similarities - are in a lot of ways fundamentally different. 'Handshaking' - cross-compatibility - between different platforms gets more difficult the more complex and involved the application is and if the application had had a headstart on one platform versus another, it can be even more difficult.

One block of code used to program one function to be executed in an Android device may certainly work on an Android device but it sure doesn't mean it will work on an iOS device and vice versa and this is why 'porting over' can be very difficult at times and time-consuming.

Also, just because an engineer is efficient at coding applications to run on iOS or Android doesn't mean that he/she is efficient (or even knows how to) at coding applications for another operating system. I mean, if everyone who knew how to program knew how to program (and efficiently at that) in all programming languages, there wouldn't be any need for programming specialists, right?

Even for something more simple like eBooks/digital books (NOT counting .html books or books that use an application to read), the coding is different and it is immensely difficult - if not outright impossible - to code one digital book that can be bought through every devices' online bookstore (let's say iTunes and Kindle's online bookstore).

Basically, it is an involved process and depending, a very time and resource-demanding process as well.

This isn't an excuse; this is simply an honest statement.

Team Lava IS trying; this is evident in the fact that players can have neighbors of differing OSes in the first place where most cross-apps don't even allow such a thing even if they could because of the fundamental differences that can crop up in the coding process and affect gameplay mechanics and experiences.

Android users didn't get the Album... yet... but then again, Android users also didn't get the latest food hike and there are still Android players who still pay all the old fees for clearing obstacles and feeding Dragons because unlike iOS users, updates to the OS and games aren't as 'forced'/'pushed' owing to the nature of Android devices (and sometimes, the service providers that offer the data services for them, if they're on a data plan).

Personally speaking, and especially as a newer player who is still mucking around with the 'basics' of the game, I would have rather kept the old prices and older games than be forced to play on all these new updates which have confused me... and then confused me further and caused much frustration because my gameplay experience changed too quickly without me even knowing it until it was too late.

summersalt
11-30-12, 09:19 PM
New dragons are created by artists and animators, where porting features to Android is done by a special team of engineers, so it's not like proceeding in one vein slows progress in the other. All will be ported.

Yay! hope i can contain myself for a year and a half like in bakery story. I dont mind missing all the goals and stuff. As long as your other vein is flowing.. then its all good! Shaking my head, can u at least remove the goals that the android players cant achieve after you finally give us the update, that way we dont have to stare at them and be dissapointed a second time. That would be super! Thanks

summersalt
11-30-12, 09:23 PM
Just wanted to say that as another player of Dragon Story who is not involved in any way, shape, or form with Team Lava (besides being a Dragon Enthusiast), but is familiar enough with developing apps for mobile platforms:

In regards to cross-compatibility between mobile platforms - iPhones, iPads and Nook, Samsung Galaxy, etc and whatever else - you have to first understand that the mobile devices in question are different devices whose OSes (operating systems) were built/coded differently which means the apps that run on them have to run according to the OSes' specifications/instructions.

Their programming and coding - where they share similarities - are in a lot of ways fundamentally different. 'Handshaking' - cross-compatibility - between different platforms gets more difficult the more complex and involved the application is and if the application had had a headstart on one platform versus another, it can be even more difficult.

One block of code used to program one function to be executed in an Android device may certainly work on an Android device but it sure doesn't mean it will work on an iOS device and vice versa and this is why 'porting over' can be very difficult at times and time-consuming.

Also, just because an engineer is efficient at coding applications to run on iOS or Android doesn't mean that he/she is efficient (or even knows how to) at coding applications for another operating system. I mean, if everyone who knew how to program knew how to program (and efficiently at that) in all programming languages, there wouldn't be any need for programming specialists, right?

Even for something more simple like eBooks/digital books (NOT counting .html books or books that use an application to read), the coding is different and it is immensely difficult - if not outright impossible - to code one digital book that can be bought through every devices' online bookstore (let's say iTunes and Kindle's online bookstore).

Basically, it is an involved process and depending, a very time and resource-demanding process as well.

This isn't an excuse; this is simply an honest statement.

Team Lava IS trying; this is evident in the fact that players can have neighbors of differing OSes in the first place where most cross-apps don't even allow such a thing even if they could because of the fundamental differences that can crop up in the coding process and affect gameplay mechanics and experiences.

Android users didn't get the Album... yet... but then again, Android users also didn't get the latest food hike and there are still Android players who still pay all the old fees for clearing obstacles and feeding Dragons because unlike iOS users, updates to the OS and games aren't as 'forced'/'pushed' owing to the nature of Android devices (and sometimes, the service providers that offer the data services for them, if they're on a data plan).

Personally speaking, and especially as a newer player who is still mucking around with the 'basics' of the game, I would have rather kept the old prices and older games than be forced to play on all these new updates which have confused me... and then confused me further and caused much frustration because my gameplay experience changed too quickly without me even knowing it until it was too late.

Wow that was alot! Bet your hoping the engineers can throw ya a diamond dragon for all that. Lol

summersalt
11-30-12, 09:39 PM
I dont have Andriod, but BOOM your words sound so intense. You really like your company and you are a company man as well, or you own a nice piece of the company :)
Still, excellent words Mr. JakeStorm8, you heared it Amazon and Andriod folks, hold on to your its going to be a bumpy ride, but in the end, it will be well worth it.

Jake can i keep you?

judyluvs
11-30-12, 11:36 PM
My storage and album are not showing on screen anymore

judyluvs
11-30-12, 11:41 PM
My storage and album are not showing on screen anymore

Oops, hit "post" too fast! I have dual installation of the original Dragon Story App and the New Dawn App on my phone. The storage and album are only showing on the original App. Which one should I be using?

Takiofallen
11-30-12, 11:51 PM
The original app is the most current version of the game. N.D does not have any album or storage features.
Oops, hit "post" too fast! I have dual installation of the original Dragon Story App and the New Dawn App on my phone. The storage and album are only showing on the original App. Which one should I be using?

Sefyre
12-01-12, 12:50 AM
Wow that was alot! Bet your hoping the engineers can throw ya a diamond dragon for all that. Lol

No, not really. Just wanted to (hopefully) add a bit of perspective so people can see better where the troubles are when it comes to cross-compatibility and such. :) I don't have coins to expand anymore nor do I have space for a Diamond habitat anyways! LOL

quiannag
12-01-12, 04:11 AM
I'm sorry if my question has been asked already... I read through the first six pages of the thread and didn't see it. Do the New Dawn goals carry over to the new version of Dragon Story? I think I've only gotten through half of them and I don't want to miss out on those before I've completed them. Thanks!

kwhales
12-01-12, 05:40 AM
I'm sorry if my question has been asked already... I read through the first six pages of the thread and didn't see it. Do the New Dawn goals carry over to the new version of Dragon Story? I think I've only gotten through half of them and I don't want to miss out on those before I've completed them. Thanks!

Yes. If you get something on the original version it carries over to the ND version---but not the storage and ablum. they are only on the original version for now. All goals will carry over to ND and vice versa. The games are link together, so all the goals you have on one game with be the same on the other game. So if you are playing the original version and epic a dragon, it will go towards your ND goals. It may take a moment or two to link them, but they will.
I find it best to stay on one game..whichever your prefer. I prefer ND's colors better and only go to the original to have a looksee at the ablum, rarely, since I haven't gotten any new dragons lately, just duplicates.

quiannag
12-01-12, 07:35 AM
Yes. If you get something on the original version it carries over to the ND version---but not the storage and ablum. they are only on the original version for now. All goals will carry over to ND and vice versa. The games are link together, so all the goals you have on one game with be the same on the other game. So if you are playing the original version and epic a dragon, it will go towards your ND goals. It may take a moment or two to link them, but they will.
I find it best to stay on one game..whichever your prefer. I prefer ND's colors better and only go to the original to have a looksee at the ablum, rarely, since I haven't gotten any new dragons lately, just duplicates.

Thank you so much!

sunnyk51
12-01-12, 09:07 AM
why is it only people with iphones or ipads can get the albums. us poor people who want to play and be treated fairly deserve to be able to get all the benifits of game as well. I love dragon story and love playing the game but feel it is not fair when I see so many with newer dragons and game items we can never get. Please stop discriminating against the ones who only have android phones as I paid just as much for my phone as the i phones. thank you for listening and please change your ways for us to be able to enjoy the game more to.

sunnyk51
12-01-12, 09:22 AM
can android users please have to album to please please please. ive read your stuff and deleted my dragon story and reloaded it but still have no album please give android users to same options please

sunnyk51
12-01-12, 09:25 AM
i have to goals and things in my other games for you all so why cant android users have these albums for android on here

sunnyk51
12-01-12, 09:37 AM
can android users possibly get the album like sometime before christmas we would love to get in on all the good stuff to. I mean its been over a year since you started it surly by now there is a way to put android users in it as well please.

Takiofallen
12-01-12, 09:42 AM
I get android user frustration but why don't you all take the time and educate yourself about the situation. It's nothing to do with discrimination. You TL does not want your money to??? On page 17 of this post JAKE and SEFYRE explain what is going on and why. I don't get why people choose to bypass the proper information just to complain.
why is it only people with iphones or ipads can get the albums. us poor people who want to play and be treated fairly deserve to be able to get all the benifits of game as well. I love dragon story and love playing the game but feel it is not fair when I see so many with newer dragons and game items we can never get. Please stop discriminating against the ones who only have android phones as I paid just as much for my phone as the i phones. thank you for listening and please change your ways for us to be able to enjoy the game more to.

Takiofallen
12-01-12, 09:43 AM
.think

msvidkiller13
12-01-12, 12:08 PM
Ok I respect that not all updates or upgrades are available to all platforms as said on page 1 but then you see treads after treads on new dragons and 2 breeding dens and new albums and so forth time and time again and then have a major update and see still nothing changed in a Game platforms where the original game just only got goals given to other platforms long ago. Then you see in statements as in page 8 that it is to keep up with the high paying >>>. And it said that it is NOT known BUT it is known that dragons and goals are known in months advaincend. As in page 18 IT IS NOT FAIR and Maybe if not Discrimination against because of the system BUT maybe it is because other plaitforms are not as HIGH PAYING????? What would you call it. DO you have all the updates? DO you have the money to put out to PAY TL ?? I would GUESS YES because if not then you would not say to educate your self :)

Takiofallen
12-01-12, 12:27 PM
Do i have all the updates yes. Do i have the money to pay TL yes but i'm not a gold buyer. Can't spend my money on things that hold no value. When i say educate yourself thats exactly what i mean. Money is money and TL whats to get it every way they can but before people start to accuse them of discrimination get some facts first. From the information i received TL was started on the IOS platform so it is much easier for them to put updates and upgrades on that platform first. Jake stated that there is a specific team working simply to bring android up to date. It's not like they are not working on it at all? Sefyre took the time to explain it from technical side of it. It's like what he said was bypassed just to complain. People have all the right to be frustrated, upset and pissed of but if you going to complain make it a valid complaint, not discrimination or i guess they just don't want my money trust me they do.
Ok I respect that not all updates or upgrades are available to all platforms as said on page 1 but then you see treads after treads on new dragons and 2 breeding dens and new albums and so forth time and time again and then have a major update and see still nothing changed in a Game platforms where the original game just only got goals given to other platforms long ago. Then you see in statements as in page 8 that it is to keep up with the high paying >>>. And it said that it is NOT known BUT it is known that dragons and goals are known in months advaincend. As in page 18 IT IS NOT FAIR and Maybe if not Discrimination against because of the system BUT maybe it is because other plaitforms are not as HIGH PAYING????? What would you call it. DO you have all the updates? DO you have the money to put out to PAY TL ?? I would GUESS YES because if not then you would not say to educate your self :)

msvidkiller13
12-01-12, 12:38 PM
I fully understand :) Even though my system has not been updated since we got the goals it is discouraging to see over and over again about Money as it was stated in other treads above. Henceforth why others may feel it is discrimination. No disrespect meaning to upset anyone but it does get to be a a lot disappointing to see and hear of this and that when others get nothing.
Do i have all the updates yes. Do i have the money to pay TL yes but i'm not a gold buyer. Can't spend my money on things that hold no value. When i say educate yourself thats exactly what i mean. Money is money and TL whats to get it every way they can but before people start to accuse them of discrimination get some facts first. From the information i received TL was started on the IOS platform so it is much easier for them to put updates and upgrades on that platform first. Jake stated that there is a specific team working simply to bring android up to date. It's not like they are not working on it at all? Sefyre took the time to explain it from technical side of it. It's like what he said was bypassed just to complain. People have all the right to be frustrated, upset and pissed of but if you going to complain make it a valid complaint, not discrimination or i guess they just don't want my money trust me they do.

Sefyre
12-01-12, 01:02 PM
People, seriously. If you want to blame SOMEone for the differences between iOS and Android, then blame Apple and Google themselves for creating such proprietary devices - devices that only will 'play nice' with apps and accessories designed specifically TO 'play nice' with them - because it -IS- THEIR fault.

... But I don't think anyone's going to read this, either.

dapplefur
12-01-12, 07:17 PM

i'm so excited for more dragon rewards. it's nice getting dragons that we don't need to breed or buy. i hope those of us that have diamonds get a special reward eventually.

Nefertekas
12-02-12, 12:29 PM
People, seriously. If you want to blame SOMEone for the differences between iOS and Android, then blame Apple and Google themselves for creating such proprietary devices - devices that only will 'play nice' with apps and accessories designed specifically TO 'play nice' with them - because it -IS- THEIR fault.

... But I don't think anyone's going to read this, either.

I completely agree with you. Apple stuff is just way too restricted.

faegrl
12-03-12, 12:52 PM
I got Sword in Stone, 1000 food, 20 gold, Scarecrow Dragon, Storm Dragon, in that order, as my album rewards. No portal so I wonder what I missed.

I love the album just because it lists all my dragons plus how many of each I have! I was just dreading this weekend because I was planning to write down all my dragons.

kwhales
12-03-12, 03:11 PM
I got Sword in Stone, 1000 food, 20 gold, Scarecrow Dragon, Storm Dragon, in that order, as my album rewards. No portal so I wonder what I missed.

I love the album just because it lists all my dragons plus how many of each I have! I was just dreading this weekend because I was planning to write down all my dragons.

Nothing. There is no portal. The portal was for a goal way back.

faegrl
12-04-12, 09:46 AM
Nothing. There is no portal. The portal was for a goal way back.

Thanks!

JakeStorm8
12-05-12, 02:28 PM

Well. A few things...

Discrimination is a real thing that hurts people in the real world and to use that word to describe what is happening here is offensive to any people of any minority group who have experienced unfair treatment by others in their lifetimes.

With that out of the way - we're super flattered that players on Android/Kindle are so passionate about the game and want to have access to all the features they hear about on iOS! And we're super sorry that we don't have everything synced up yet. As you know, our company built itself with iOS games. That means that most of the infrastructure and people here are iOS people! Now, Android is getting huge out there in the world. Tons of players have these phones and (because we are a business) we really want to get our games (the best versions of our games) out there in the marketplace. We hired people just to do that, but it takes time, because it's new for us.

I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that we're working on it, and that we want to be caught up just as much as you do. Android is not going to be 100% caught up with iOS anytime soon, but we will keep releasing new content and porting new features over as quickly as we can. If that's not good enough for you to keep playing, I'll be sad to see you go. If you can enjoy what we can offer, I'm even happier to see you stay and play with us, and see what the future holds.

Nefertekas
12-05-12, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Jake. :)

digitelanimefan
12-05-12, 03:26 PM
uh, I've got a slight problem.

When I tried to collect my scarecrow dragon reward, I was told I currently had an egg in my nest. Whoops! No big deal. I didn't have the gold to speed it up right then, so I closed DS and came back a few hours later.

When I went back to the album...I was NOT offered the scarecrow dragon egg again! I got the next rewards (20 gold, and the storm dragon) just fine. The storm dragon is now incubating in my nest.

Have I lost out on my chance to get a scarecrow dragon? D:

dapplefur
12-05-12, 03:27 PM
uh, I've got a slight problem.

When I tried to collect my scarecrow dragon reward, I was told I currently had an egg in my nest. Whoops! No big deal. I didn't have the gold to speed it up right then, so I closed DS and came back a few hours later.

When I went back to the album...I was NOT offered the scarecrow dragon egg again! I got the next rewards (20 gold, and the storm dragon) just fine. The storm dragon is now incubating in my nest.

Have I lost out on my chance to get a scarecrow dragon? D:

it's in your storage.

digitelanimefan
12-05-12, 03:42 PM
Oh.

PHEW. *relieved* So it is! Ahaha...I didn't know there even WAS a storage! Thanks!

maximinidan
12-05-12, 09:39 PM
With that out of the way - we're super flattered that players on Android/Kindle are so passionate about the game and want to have access to all the features they hear about on iOS! And we're super sorry that we don't have everything synced up yet. As you know, our company built itself with iOS games. That means that most of the infrastructure and people here are iOS people! Now, Android is getting huge out there in the world. Tons of players have these phones and (because we are a business) we really want to get our games (the best versions of our games) out there in the marketplace. We hired people just to do that, but it takes time, because it's new for us.

I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that we're working on it, and that we want to be caught up just as much as you do. Android is not going to be 100% caught up with iOS anytime soon, but we will keep releasing new content and porting new features over as quickly as we can. If that's not good enough for you to keep playing, I'll be sad to see you go. If you can enjoy what we can offer, I'm even happier to see you stay and play with us, and see what the future holds.

Wow. As far as I'm concerned, this is the first time that a teamlava staff tackles this issue with success. I don't want to speak for all of the little green guy users, but that's really what I wanted to know. I don't really care about when the updates will be available, but it's nice to know that people are working on narrowing the gap and that the content will eventually be available. I don't know if this has been your agenda JakeStorm8, but a lot of your posts reassure me about the direction the staff and game are taking. Finally, thank you for simply taking the time to tell us, and inform us about the process. I certainly appreciate it.

12-06-12, 09:08 AM

Thank you, thank you ,thank you for giving us a straight answer, you can wait for things if you know why and approx length of time. I really appreciate the first straight answer on this subject.

Takiofallen
12-06-12, 12:23 PM
Jake quick question. What is the true current max level. We were told it was 95 by a TL staff but no one has passed 94. Common sense points to 94 which would mean that the person was misinformed.

grondai
12-06-12, 12:31 PM
Jake quick question. What is the true current max level. We were told it was 95 by a TL staff but no one has passed 94. Common sense points to 94 which would mean that the person was misinformed.

They probably coded the maximum levels that you could go up was 94 which would make the max level 95 because you start at lvl 1. Your lvl most likely starts at 0 tho before you really get start in the game... Just a guess

leafgirl00
12-07-12, 07:44 AM
I understand everything that is being said and why android doesn't have the new updates yet. And I appreciate that TL is working on getting the updates over. I do have to say tho that it is very discouraging to hear "not anytime soon"... I enjoy the game and plan to continue playing...but if we are looking at year before we get an update, not gonna lie, gonna be a bit disappointed...

Vikee927
12-09-12, 01:23 PM
please think about the android users...we don't see any dragon albums icon.pleaseee make it for us!:)

Obelisk20
12-09-12, 05:25 PM
please think about the android users...we don't see any dragon albums icon.pleaseee make it for us!:)

And Kindle users too.

UnoRaven
12-10-12, 11:29 AM
Jake is definitely the best staff member I've ever seen on these forums! Thanks for all the information, Jake! As an Android user who's tired of getting copied and pasted answers, I really really appreciate it! Congrats to IOS users on all the new features.

3ear
12-10-12, 01:37 PM
Jake is definitely the best staff member I've ever seen on these forums! Thanks for all the information, Jake! As an Android user who's tired of getting copied and pasted answers, I really really appreciate it! Congrats to IOS users on all the new features.

well said, its is good to finaly know, I'll hang in there for all these updates cnt wait!!

brandonu
12-13-12, 12:22 PM
Why is there still a Dragon Story and a Dragon Story: New Dawn? Shouldn't these be consolidated at some point? Should I be playing both versions of the game?

JakeStorm8
12-13-12, 12:51 PM
I understand everything that is being said and why android doesn't have the new updates yet. And I appreciate that TL is working on getting the updates over. I do have to say tho that it is very discouraging to hear "not anytime soon"... I enjoy the game and plan to continue playing...but if we are looking at year before we get an update, not gonna lie, gonna be a bit disappointed...

"Not anytime soon" before we're totally in sync with releases is the honest answer. But that doesn't mean "not anytime soon" before updates. We are working on updates to at least close the gap.

And if it means anything, I'm really pushing internally for Android updates. I've heard you, and I'm doing what I can.

Nefertekas
12-13-12, 12:52 PM
"Not anytime soon" before we're totally in sync with releases is the honest answer. But that doesn't mean "not anytime soon" before updates. We are working on updates to at least close the gap.

And if it means anything, I'm really pushing internally for Android updates. I've heard you, and I'm doing what I can.

Awww :3

msvidkiller13
12-13-12, 02:06 PM
Thank you I don't feel totally used now :)

sehana
12-13-12, 02:15 PM
Why is there still a Dragon Story and a Dragon Story: New Dawn? Shouldn't these be consolidated at some point? Should I be playing both versions of the game?

The Original DS is the most current one, but you shouldn't alternate between the two.

Correction: If you are on Android, New Dawn would be the current version.

brandonu
12-13-12, 02:22 PM
The Original DS is the most current one, but you shouldn't alternate between the two.

Great, thanks for this. This is extremely confusing to me. New Dawn came out after the Original DS and I started playing on that. Now there are updates to the Original DS that aren't getting pushed to New Dawn?

Can New Dawn be deprecated or can a notice be added to the game to let players know of the features they are missing out on if they aren't playing the Original DS?

I love the concept of the album and having two new dragons, but I feel like I stumbled across them accidentally and that shouldn't really be the case.

Thanks again for you time and response.

sehana
12-13-12, 02:36 PM
Great, thanks for this. This is extremely confusing to me. New Dawn came out after the Original DS and I started playing on that. Now there are updates to the Original DS that aren't getting pushed to New Dawn?

Can New Dawn be deprecated or can a notice be added to the game to let players know of the features they are missing out on if they aren't playing the Original DS?

I love the concept of the album and having two new dragons, but I feel like I stumbled across them accidentally and that shouldn't really be the case.

Thanks again for you time and response.

Yes it can be a bit confusing. In-game content will mostly get pushed to the other versions, but sometimes new features do not get pushed to the other versions.
Content are the art, dragons and things you can purchase in the market and such.
Features are how the game is played and new additional things like the Album.

New Dawn may eventually be deprecated, but probably not for a while as some players like the art in that version and it isn't that much behind the Original DS.

Lolas_Kryptonite
12-13-12, 02:51 PM

Awwwwww, bless you : )

Now everyone else stop hassling the man!!!

Thanks Jake.

shortyrules2
12-13-12, 03:56 PM
Just a question... I've seen pics of a ruby dragon with a 12 hr breeding time. What do you have to do to get it?

Nefertekas
12-13-12, 04:20 PM
Just a question... I've seen pics of a ruby dragon with a 12 hr breeding time. What do you have to do to get it?
Craft it! ;) it's not an album reward...lookie here:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41734-New-Features-Overview-Trading-and-Crafting(UPDATED-12-12-12)

12-13-12, 07:30 PM
I really appreciate the honest answers to some i an sure diffucult questions. I play on android and really do not like the new dawn version, it is difficult to see and gives me a headache from eye strain rather quickly. I would like to have the goals that were in the new dawn version or the goals in the new update. Some structure would help. Again thanks to all of you and please keep the updates comming.

mgaes20
12-13-12, 11:12 PM
How can I get the spell shop and the trading portal on my iPad I've seen people who already have it... Anyone know how to get them??

nikky2012
12-14-12, 07:19 AM
How can I get the spell shop and the trading portal on my iPad I've seen people who already have it... Anyone know how to get them??

Only 10 percent of people got them right away. There is suppose to be a new update today to release it to everyone. If I've got the right times it will be in 2-4 hours.

lylahmae
12-14-12, 09:23 PM

Thanks Jake. I deleted the app because I was tired of wasting space on my phone while waiting what seems like perpetually for the game to be the same as IOS. After we got the new dawn version but all it had was a bad color change and not all the stuff IOS got only to be followed by this craft thing I just feel my energy is wasted being frustrated with this. I will watch to see if it ever catches up maybe it will peak my interest again. But on a side note you are the best tl employee to ever address us can you send someone like you over to farm?

cuzicouldyay
12-29-12, 03:22 AM
If TL has something like an employee of the month, I nominate Jake.

Spiceshirl
12-29-12, 10:50 AM
If TL has something like an employee of the month, I nominate Jake.

Can I second the normination? If there is a mariage proposal going count me in :0) Well done Jake!! Time for your face/ Palm move lol

kiwidragoness
12-30-12, 11:54 PM
I am sorry if this has been asked. I looked through a few pages but stopped. I went to collect my album rewards and my nests were full when I went to collect, and it happened to be the second reward dragon (the blue one). I hit cancel rather than spending gold and thought that I could get it again. when I went to look it said all of the rewards had been collected. Is there another way to get him since I messed up?

jrodt333
12-30-12, 11:56 PM
I am sorry if this has been asked. I looked through a few pages but stopped. I went to collect my album rewards and my nests were full when I went to collect, and it happened to be the second reward dragon (the blue one). I hit cancel rather than spending gold and thought that I could get it again. when I went to look it said all of the rewards had been collected. Is there another way to get him since I messed up?

It should be in your storage.

kiwidragoness
01-01-13, 09:55 AM
It should be in your storage.

Oh cool! There is storage now! Thank you. Still navigating through the new stuff. :)

picklylily
01-04-13, 06:55 PM
I did not get the second dragon album reward! Help!

kooky panda
01-04-13, 07:43 PM
I did not get the second dragon album reward! Help!

If you mean one of the dragons, check your storage.

cheryllemon
01-07-13, 01:40 PM
I had 6 love dragons and traded one. My trade was a light (white) gem. However it is not listed on my craft page. Has anyone else experienced this?

brandonu
01-07-13, 02:26 PM
I had 6 love dragons and traded one. My trade was a light (white) gem. However it is not listed on my craft page. Has anyone else experienced this?

There isn't anything to craft with pearls yet, so it wouldn't be on the craft page. It should be in your storage though.

cityfan
01-11-13, 09:56 AM
Hi, just wondering if there are any other album rewards beyond the initial ones? I've bred a number of unique dragons since then, but got anything additional.

kwhales
01-11-13, 10:35 AM
Hi, just wondering if there are any other album rewards beyond the initial ones? I've bred a number of unique dragons since then, but got anything additional.

Not yet. But I hope so, especially for the players that completed the ablum.

chewytwix
01-14-13, 06:35 PM
I love how this features allows me to keep a record of what I do and don't have. I still have 13 dragons left to go...mostly diamond hybrids now!

codenamezebra
01-14-13, 09:35 PM
Sounds like a nice feature. Cant wait till android gets it...I am looking forward to album ....

Larah82
01-25-13, 12:27 AM
that.s for.ios users only :@

Lienyty
02-02-13, 11:02 AM
I'm really waiting for another album reward! Hope it will be some dragon :) or dragon cave for storing eggs which you don't need for now or can't place.... CUZ WE REALLY NEED IT!

Skracher
02-06-13, 12:55 PM
Sehana said something about eventually removing New Dawn. Hope so as I now have 3 versions on my phone with the new valentine one. Would like to figure out which one I should keep. Do not like the colors on the valentine one so I usually play the old version. Problem with that is I still have to jump to new dawn when moving buildings around as the move feature is terrible on the old game. Also kind of dissapointed with all the new dragons. Their nice if you already have a diamond but if not thats just that many more combos that will not result in a diamond making it even more rare than it already is. Have pretty much given up on trying to get one.

grondai
02-06-13, 12:59 PM
When will there be or album rewards?

Leire22
02-11-13, 02:08 PM
I have 49 unique draons and never got any scarecrow one, how is that?

Leire22
02-11-13, 03:28 PM
Ok found it in storage, i did nt know, cuz i would bet, that second reward went directly to nest....

lobius
03-05-13, 10:32 PM
so I got ? if and when android users get the album will the limited goals for that specific update restart or will we be left out of the loop again ?

kurebiz
03-05-13, 10:47 PM
I believe we'll get the 2 dragons when the album feature reaches us.

lobius
03-06-13, 10:02 AM
aight thanx kurebiz was just wondering cuz u never honestly know what can happen in the futrure and that stomr dragon looks wicked definately want on but don't know how to breed it but I keep reading its only goal related

NatMir555
03-26-13, 09:00 PM
I reinstaled several times but I keep getting versi?n 1.3 so...no Album feature...what else can I do????

kooky panda
03-27-13, 03:56 PM
I reinstaled several times but I keep getting versi?n 1.3 so...no Album feature...what else can I do????

You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check your game .

tonguelashing
03-27-13, 04:00 PM
You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check your game .

My son is in the same position. Latest version, but no dragon album, just says "coming soon" He's now level 12 on the game. Is there a level where this feature is enabled? I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling it for hime just yet. He's on an iPod 4.

kooky panda
03-27-13, 04:02 PM
My son is in the same position. Latest version, but no dragon album, just says "coming soon" He's now level 12 on the game. Is there a level where this feature is enabled? I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling it for hime just yet. He's on an iPod 4.
There is no set level you need to be on.
The album is currently not available for all new IOS players.

kms899
03-27-13, 07:30 PM
I think if you have the dragons quest you will also get the album, no quest means no album.
I thnk it's a random feature that some will get it some will not.

My ipod didn't get it, my friends iphone 3g got it, along with all my other friend who also got them, but since non of them play dragon story and have no storm id, I transferred my game from the ipod elsewhere and transferred their version into my ipod.

so now I have a ios version along with android version.