PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Sap Yield

helens333
11-26-12, 01:11 PM
What trees yield the best sap production?
Willow, Oak, Elm, White Birch, Aspen, Yellow Acer, Red Acer, Crab Apple or the Pine Tree?

bawpotter
11-26-12, 02:27 PM
Red Acer seems to be the best for me, I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but they almost always yield sap for me.

arale_norimaki
11-26-12, 03:27 PM
I fully rely on my sawmills for sap :)

idkat
07-25-13, 12:47 AM
Red Acer seems to be the best for me, I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but they almost always yield sap for me.

Red acer - 10 cuts, 1 sap, 1 living wood, nothing else as wood full.

tiggerhobbes
07-25-13, 12:55 AM
Sometimes ago Maguar started a thread inviting people to log their tree sap yield on this forum, a game developer came in to say save your troubles, all the trees that yield sap have the same yield.

Keen to know if that has changed, but like Arale I mainly rely on my sawmills for sap. Would be nice to have a 'deep mill' or 'sappy tree' like we do with minerals, but to be honest I find sap shortage can easily be alleviated if I just focus on other production lines in the game and just count on my sawmills. Once in a while, I even max out on sap. Though I admit that was before I had any GD troves so was not able to pump out as much super glue.

maguar
07-25-13, 01:16 AM
I haven't heard that the sap drop rate has changed so I'm going to go ahead and say that living trees all have the same rate. If you have the cash and don't want to use so much energy growing trees, tree logs are an ok option. Sawmills are great. Sir piggles also drops it from time to time. Doing the trapper trade in the exchange can give a bit of sap as well.

For more discussions on sap please see here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40686-Sap-Sap-wherefore-art-thou-sap).