Seriously, it's ridiculous.

"Messages" popup
"Stock up!" popup
"Limited Time!" popup
"Starter Pack" popup
"New Dragon" popup
"Sweepstakes" popup
"Pet Store Story" popup

Honestly. If I enjoyed popups I'd go back to Internet Explorer circa 1998.

There's a reason websites don't do that anymore- it annoys the bejeesus out of users.

dragonolic
11-26-12, 12:51 PM
Every. single. login.

Not even once a day, but every time!

Takiofallen
11-26-12, 12:58 PM
4 of them will be gone in a few hours

hyper_ch
11-26-12, 01:13 PM
4 of them will be gone in a few hours

Don't worry, 6 new will come to replace them ;)

[S8] Elsa
11-26-12, 01:24 PM
Thank you for the feedback regarding how we notify players of new Dragons, Limited Time Offers, and other special opportunities. We'll pass this on.

dragonolic
11-26-12, 01:29 PM
Don't worry, 6 new will come to replace them ;)

^ that :)

retro71
11-26-12, 01:35 PM
Thank you for the feedback regarding how we notify players of new Dragons, Limited Time Offers, and other special opportunities. We'll pass this on.

It wouldn't be so bad if the games didn't force close constantly. RS does this for me as well. I'm hoping it's a glitch for now.

mulan12
11-26-12, 01:57 PM
I agree! Pop ups are totally out of control. Way too many, especially in Bakery Story. They're driving me crazy:/

bev1947
11-26-12, 02:05 PM
I have been thinking that for a few days and then in bakery just now, I just went through a bunch of popups for goals for everything since Kindle Fire got goals that I already did and past history. Too many popups, grrrr!

420diva
11-26-12, 02:22 PM
I guess Im the only one who doesn't mind the pop ups lol . I play a lot of games and imo its nice to have a reminder of whats going on in each one.

dragonolic
11-26-12, 02:25 PM
Why can't the "Messages" window also contain all of the Messages about the game- they could be listed like the Goals are, and you could tap on them to get more details. Even if they were constantly at the top of the window, it would at least get rid of the annoyance, still serve as communication, and not slow down the game by making it load umpteen popups.

dragonolic
11-26-12, 02:27 PM
And here's a brainstorm - how bout the Messages also contain actually useful Messages about the game, like "Hey there's new content like an Album, but not in New Dawn, only in the original, which you might not know about cause we released this version and never mentioned we're not going to keep it updated!"

salinho
11-26-12, 02:51 PM
I agree with dragonolic!
Why could we not have ONE way of showing we have "news"? I mean, timers for limited time dragons SHOULD show as popups, because let's face it we need to be warned lol, but we could also have a special part (perhaps on top of our news feed or goals) that is constant and brightens up when there are novelties. We tap on them and get more info, like on a new dragon, or on sales, or on limited time offers (so we could also check the timers whenever we feel like it instead of having to close the app and log back in).

So instead of constant popups, we could get them once and then check them again if we need to. :) certain popups could be constant though....like limited editions or special offers. ;)

mattyboo1
11-26-12, 02:55 PM
I get like 4 popups in all of my games

jl0408
11-26-12, 04:06 PM
I too am sick of the constant popups in every single TL games I play. Its pretty annoying. Announcements the first time you log in per day should suffice, not every single time you open a game. Like some others already said, putting those announcements in the newsfeed is great idea.

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-26-12, 04:14 PM
The constant whining about pretty much everything is out of control.

salinho
11-26-12, 04:48 PM
The constant whining about pretty much everything is out of control.

Well, sometimes a certain ammount of whining is necessary to get some things corrected. Not that the popups bother me all that much because i can close them quickly on my ipad (takes ages in the ipod though) but the system could use some tweaks here and there. :)

kwhales
11-26-12, 04:52 PM
Ya know, if players wanted to find out about new stuff, maybe that should be coming to the forum. We here get our weekly update thread, and all us sharing details and hoorays and boo hoos., So...stop pop ups and get players on the forum....ok maybe one pop up that says.........hey you want to hear about whats new...come to the forum.

salinho
11-26-12, 04:58 PM
Ya know, if players wanted to find out about new stuff, maybe that should be coming to the forum. We here get our weekly update thread, and all us sharing details and hoorays and boo hoos., So...stop pop ups and get players on the forum....ok maybe one pop up that says.........hey you want to hear about whats new...come to the forum.

Naw, bad idea... Not everyone will come to the forum even so. It wouldn't be fair. (What about people who can't read english?) The info should still be in the game, only discretely.

kwhales
11-26-12, 04:59 PM
Yeah, and I guess if everyone came to the forum....boy would we be busy reading....and writing.......

salinho
11-26-12, 05:05 PM
Yeah, and I guess if everyone came to the forum....boy would we be busy reading....and writing.......

And fighting, sometimes! D:

kwhales
11-26-12, 05:07 PM
And fighting, sometimes! D:

We don't fight, we discuss aggressively.

salinho
11-26-12, 05:11 PM
We don't fight, we discuss aggressively.

We discuss passionately, then. Sounds more poetic :D

lylahmae
11-26-12, 05:12 PM
The popups are CRAZY in this game they need to stop.

ash717
11-26-12, 06:12 PM
100% Agree. SO annoying!!!

BellasHouse1
02-11-16, 04:58 PM
Elsa;467656']Thank you for the feedback regarding how we notify players of new Dragons, Limited Time Offers, and other special opportunities. We'll pass this on.

I don't think it has to do with the popups regarding the actual games; these only occur once a day. I think it has to do with the popups to install additional games. Currently I'm seeing Clue Bingo every 3-5 seconds in every single game. I already installed, and uninstalled it. I don't have the space on my device to have all these additional games just to keep the ads from popping up. I was seeing Frozen Frenzy before this until I installed it and Clue Bingo was up before the goal went up to get Frozen Frenzy. I absolutely can't stand it when I'm trying to place orders or collect in various games and I'm interrupted constantly by the ad for this game or that game. This is a fairly new thing and it needs to stop. If you must put the ad for the additional game, make it the ONCE a day like you do with all the other in-game popup ads that have to do with the game you're actually playing.

BTW, this isn't just for Dragon Story, this needs to apply to ALL S8/Teamlava games across the board.

kooky panda
02-11-16, 05:30 PM
Closing since this is an older thread.
Since the original post, the game pop ups only come in once a day.